PDA

View Full Version : Goliath and gloves of endless javelins

Izmister
2015-04-19, 06:57 PM
First is the Goliaths ability powerful Build:"The physical stature of a Goliath lets him function as if he were one size category larger. A Goliath can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category."
The Glove of endless javelins can summon a +1 javelin made of force into your hand as a free action.
Now the question is if the javelins can be a size larger or not, because magic items and weapons can re-size to fit the wielder. Also i wonder if monkey grip could apply as well? (wield a weapon one size category larger at -2 penalty)
Basically can i change the size of the javelins summoned?

Red Fel
2015-04-19, 07:09 PM
I would say no.

Despite having Powerful Build, a Goliath's actual size remains Medium. Unless he changes size subsequently, he's a Medium size, and so is his gear.

Further, the resizing element usually refers to items other than weapons. There is a specific enhancement for weapons to adjust size (the Sizing enhancement), but otherwise a magic weapon doesn't resize with its wearer. Even so, that's a non-issue; the Glove, not the javelins it produces, would resize. In any event, although the item doesn't say, it's safe to assume that the javelin that appears in your hand is either sized for a Medium creature, as is the default, or emerges at your size, which is Medium. Nor can you enhance the javelins themselves; they are simply +1 javelins made of pure force.

So, no. You can't get jumbo javelins just because you have Powerful Build.

daremetoidareyo
2015-04-20, 01:04 AM
take the gloves to an artificer and pay him to pimp out the gloves to be mitts of endless sizing javelins.

sleepyphoenixx
2015-04-20, 01:57 AM
Since the gloves don't specify size i'd say you can create any javelin you can wield with proficiency.