View Full Version : Star Wars Jedi Response Question

PastorofMuppets
2015-04-19, 08:21 PM
SO I am running a game set in the dark times between the trilogies, about 6 years into that, and my group of force sensitive finally exposed themselves in a way that can't be covered up. What I want to know is whats the appropriate empire response here, an inquisitor, bounty hunters, Vader even if he's bored?

The situation here, the group is working for/with the anti imperial mercenary group in charge of an independent space station. They have had a tendency to do their jobs a bit too loudly and get noticed. After imperials started snooping around the home station they have been asked to go cause trouble on one of the more contested works to draw off the imperial troops being too nosy.

Current mission is they have helped the local seditious elements to gain bigger guns and to liberate a vastly crowded detention facility. part of their plan was to inspire the prisoners and the locals in general by waving lightsabers around as they attack a few stormtrooper patrols and on the same day invade the prison. so prison is freed and everyone around knows they are jedi or at least have powers and lightsabers, as do the remaining imperials that pulled out.

My group is only level 4, though they will hit 5 after this so i don't wanna do anything to really overwhelm them. any advice is welcome but i have previously had them come across a very nerfed version of a Vornskyr working with a force targeting bounty hunter and may do the same again, but closer to full power.

Mando Knight
2015-04-19, 09:10 PM
Inquisitors and increased Imperial presence in general. If they cause more trouble than an Inquisitor or three can handle, escalate to guys like Tarkin or Vader... next time they raid something in the area, AT-STs join the Stormtroopers, TIEs replace the speeder bikes, and the detention centers are a lot less crowded than their graveyards.

Inquisitors are particularly good for a campaign, as there's a lot more of them than there is of Vader, and they can be of varying skill levels so they can always be an "appropriate" challenge for the players. Vader himself should be used sparingly, as he should be a "fixed point" in the series: former hero of the Clone Wars, third most powerful Force User in the Galaxy, and the Emperor's personal enforcer, he should survive to take all comers. Low-level players especially should not be able to "beat" Vader, though by cunning they may be able to escape him.

Basically, go watch Star Wars: Rebels. It's set fairly late in the Dark Times, so the number of not-Imperial Force Users is even lower than early on, but shows what happens when the Empire realizes that a local Rebel cell is harboring a Jedi.