PDA

View Full Version : DSP Psionics and Path of War into 3.5

Petrocorus
2015-04-19, 09:01 PM
Like it says on the tin, how difficult that would be to adapt DSP materials in 3.5 without using PF?
I really like psionics and martial adepts, so i would like to try this, but i don't use PF.
What would be the modifications to do?

EisenKreutzer
2015-04-19, 09:11 PM
You could always just use 3.5 psionics and ToB, but I get the feeling that won't be a satisfying solution for you.

You can pretty much just plop them right in without much change, actually. Bear in mind though that Pathfinder classes are a little bit more powerful than their 3.5 counterparts, so using PoW and Ultimate Psionics in 3.5 could cause quite a bit of power creep.

RolkFlameraven
2015-04-19, 09:12 PM
Use the XPH and ToB?

The big problem with DSP's Psi and PoW is that they are the XPH and ToB for PF and as such are stronger then anything you are going to use normally in 3.5.

Yes they are better written books and you might be able to 'dumb' them down some using the 3.5 books they are based off of as a base. I think the Psionics would be easier to do here as the classes aren't really that much different and some, like soulknife should STAY the PF version over that sad, sad class it is in 3.5.

PoW is going to be harder to do I think, but people with better system mastery then I might have a different opinion on that. I'm really not sure if a 'normal' 3.5 game could handle a Warder at low levels at all, the other two might have similar problems as well but I've only really dug into the warder at this point so I can't really say.

Petrocorus
2015-04-19, 09:28 PM
Use the XPH and ToB?

I like the XPH and the ToB. Since i love this two systems and the had almost no support. I want to have more of them, hence this is why i'm interested in DSP psionics and PoW.

Elricaltovilla
2015-04-19, 09:36 PM
They don't take much adaptation, the biggest thing is fixing the skills and CMB/CMD thingy. I never really got how combat maneuvers worked in 3.5 but I assume someone else will come along who does, so let's focus on skills.

Pathfinder collapsed a few skills into eachother/new skills, so you'll have to reverse engineer that.

Acrobatics- split back into Tumble, Balance, and Jump. Broken Blade and Thrashing Dragon both use Acrobatics, so probably switch them both to Tumble.
Stealth- Split back into Move Silently and Hide. Veiled Moon uses Sealth, I'd recommend switching it to Hide.

I don't think there's much else there that's pertinent, unless you're using the PoW Playtest material as well.