PDA

View Full Version : Which Spell School to Ban for Incantatrix?

EugeneVoid
2015-04-19, 10:16 PM
Excuse my Jaden-Smith-esque capitalization, but when people go into Incantatrix, which schools do they normally ban? I'm sure that if one were to take Shadowcraft Mage, one wouldn't care for banning illusion, but...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-19, 10:20 PM
The easiest schools to ban in general are Enchantment, Evocation, and Necromancy, in that order.

JDL
2015-04-19, 10:22 PM
Popular choices are Evocation and/or Enchantment, since most Evocation spells lose their bang for buck down the line when there's far better things you could do than 1d6/level damage, and Enchantments are usually spells that many monsters are outright immune to the effects of.

ImperatorV
2015-04-19, 10:26 PM
Evocation spells generally aren't very good, and the ones that are can be duplicated via the Shadow Evocation line in the illusion school. Enchantment has some irreplaceable spells but not many. Losing Necromacy hurts but won't gimp you, same with Illusion. For certain builds banning Abjuration can work, but be very careful about that since you lose dispelling. Divination can not be banned and banning Transmutation or Conjuration is suicide. So, I'd ban Evocation unless you really want it for some reason, second pick would be enchantment followed by necromacy, illusion, and abjuration.

JDL
2015-04-19, 10:50 PM
Note that Incantatrix specifically forbids banning Abjuration, so this isn't an option to consider.