PDA

View Full Version : World Help Pantheon [Asking for Critique!]

zeek0
2015-04-19, 11:16 PM
After getting the D&D 5e DMG, I felt that it gave me a good amount of structure to create my own world. While it is still yet a fledgling, I wanted to get some quality feedback from others for a moment before I continue to tweak it.

Here is the link to the pantheon I made [the link is to a Google doc, totally safe]:

Pantheon (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e1MQYy1k-kAU65MYF0Ic9v4FImbOPfRy_rmBFa4eP98/edit?usp=sharing)

If you will notice, I only have a few deities, but I want to keep it that way to keep things simple. I use each domain twice and the loop from one deity to the next includes all eight.

Let me know what you think, what I can change, or what I can adjust to make it more real, enjoyable, etc.

Some specific questions:
-What am I missing?
-What themes are not included in this pantheon that are included in most?
-What do you think that my major change (gods are no longer so powerful) do to my world?
-Which deities are lacking or uninspired?

Thanks!

the_david
2015-04-19, 11:51 PM
Xoriat is the plane of madness in Eberron.

LudicSavant
2015-04-20, 12:02 AM
Some specific questions:
-What am I missing?

Something that a lot of pantheons miss... a reason to care about the deities. Compelling philosophies and organizations that make players go "Wow, I want to play a cleric of that faith." After all, unless the players are primarily rubbing shoulders with the gods themselves, it's not the gods that are the most important part of the pantheon... it's their followers.

-What do you think that my major change (gods are no longer so powerful) do to my world?

Thanks!

Nothing bad, honestly. In classic D&D you were supposed to go out and kill Lolth as an adventure path. In classical mythology mortals best gods all the time.

zeek0
2015-04-20, 07:48 AM
Xoriat is the plane of madness in Eberron.

Oooo.. I missed that. I guess there's only so many combinations of nonsense letters before you stumble on one that already exists. I'll fix that.

Thanks all.

zeek0
2015-04-23, 01:38 PM
I've put a good bit of adjustment into the pantheon since my last post, so I'm bumping this in the hope that I'll get a response.

Cheers.