PDA

View Full Version : What classes should they be?

Darkxarth
2007-04-15, 09:15 PM
I'm looking to find out what kind of classes you think a couple of NPCs should be.

The Details
1. This will be a 4-person party.
2. The ECL is 6
3. It will be a primarily Undead battling campaign.
4. The DM is allowing PHB, Complete Arcane, and Expanded Psionics.
5. PHB or EPH races preferred, but the other two characters are both Spellscales (the other player just got the Races of Dragon).

The other two characters are a Spellscale Cleric of Tamara (spelling?) and a Spellscale Sorcerer. We're looking for a couple of NPCs to complete our team and are looking for advice. The two PCs are very much flavor-based, and are not likely to be very optimized. So, we're not looking for any tricked-out, cheesetastic Pun-Puns, just a couple of solid NPCs to round off our two characters.

Thanks in advance.

- DX

Kalir
2007-04-15, 09:20 PM
Hm... I don't know much about psionics, but I bet paladin or psychic warrior would be a good choice for the team. Paladins because they work against undead nicely, and psychic warriors because someone with knowledge of psionic abilities would probably be necessary for a team of adventurers (from an IC perspective. If there's things that can kill me with mind bullets, I want someone who knows how to handle it).

As for the other... tough choice. A rogue who specializes in Knowledge skills might be interesting though (and could potentially replace the psychic warrior), or even an expert.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-15, 09:36 PM
Paladin, Cleric, Ranger with favored enemy Undead

jlousivy
2007-04-15, 09:40 PM
^^^ yep. That and an arcanist with control/command undead.

Everyman
2007-04-15, 09:44 PM
I would actually recommend a ranger with Favored Enemy (Undead) maxed out and TWF. As long as it has at least an Int 10, you're getting a skill monkey and specialty fighter all in one. The second NPC would probably be a barbarian, just for damage output and meatshield.

This is just my recommendation, of course.

Darkxarth
2007-04-16, 09:30 AM
Thanks everybody.

Oddly enough, we hadn't even thought about using a Ranger... :smallredface:

We were definitely thinking about a Paladin, so we'll probably have a Paladin with us.

Psychic Warrior and Barbarian are both good ideas, but I think we're going to stick with a Ranger and a Paladin. It may not be a great idea to travel without a Psionic character of some kind, but I'm sure we can hunt down a Psion or something if Psionic trouble arises.

Again, thanks for all your input. We're off to re-kill some guys. :smallbiggrin: