PDA

View Full Version : 2nd horde strike on reaction?

dev6500
2015-04-21, 11:00 AM
So it seems to be the consensus that a rogue can get an extra sneak attack even though they only get sneak attack once per turn if they make an attack using their reaction outside their regular turn?

Horde breaker is also an ability that is limited to once per turn, so could you theoretically activate your horde breaker ability during your turn using an attack action hitting 2 creatures and then using your reaction to attack(either from riposte, sentinel or an OA) activate horde breaker and attack an adjacent creature again?

Seems pretty possible but I am currently AFB so I cannot confirm.

RealCheese
2015-04-21, 11:32 AM
Colossus slayer works outside of your own turn but horde breaker specifies 'on your turn.'

druid91
2015-04-21, 11:34 AM
The thing I'm wondering is what's the interaction between Volley and Horde Breaker. Do you not get to use HB at all? Do you get to use it once and hit one target twice? Do you get to essentially do a double volley of arrows?

coredump
2015-04-21, 02:55 PM
The thing I'm wondering is what's the interaction between Volley and Horde Breaker. Do you not get to use HB at all? Do you get to use it once and hit one target twice? Do you get to essentially do a double volley of arrows?

Its a little wonky.... but you get your Volley, and then one more shot. I *think* you can take that extra shot any time, so against someone 5' to any of the original targets.

dev6500
2015-04-21, 05:37 PM
thought horde breaker was melee weapon attacks not ranged attacks. Think we should be asking how it interacts with whirlwind or whatever the melee one is called.

coredump
2015-04-21, 05:52 PM
thought horde breaker was melee weapon attacks not ranged attacks. Think we should be asking how it interacts with whirlwind or whatever the melee one is called.
You may want to re-check your PHB before correcting people.

dev6500
2015-04-21, 07:00 PM
You may want to re-check your PHB before correcting people.

Yeah just looked it up when I got home. That's why I prefaced my opinion with "thought". I was not correcting them so much as stating I thought it worked differently from memory. Didn't know that was a crime.