PDA

View Full Version : Ringers vs. Zombies (IC)

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-21, 03:10 PM
Ringers vs Zombies IC Thread
To the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?410995-Ringers-vs-Zombies-(OOC)&p=19144875#post19144875)
http://trainheroic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/zombieapozalypse1.jpg

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-21, 07:37 PM
Samurai Jack: After years of searching and combing through various pieces of ancient literature you have located a portal. The scripts are unclear as to its exact nature. You don't know when or where it will take you but there is one consistency between everything you have heard or read. The chosen one will enter the portal and wherever it takes him, he will find his destiny.

Vincent Valentine: Your deep slumber has persisted for many years when a disturbance occurs. This time it is not the Turks but a pair of raggedy looking commoners. "We've found him!" One of them exclaims. "This has to be patient zero! Lets destroy him and put an end to all of this!" The other man chimes in "We'll be heroes!"

Storm: You have bared witness to countless schemes laid forth by Apocalypse, and have seen them all fail due to the efforts of the X-Men. His latest however is far beyond anything you thought even he to be capable of. After getting his hands on the DNA of such mutants as Wolverine and Dead Pool, he seems to have engineered a disease to put the Technovirus to shame. Having witnessed first hand the demise of all of civilization, you are sent back in time to stop it before it starts. As you step out of the portal you recognize that you are in New York city but something about this place has a strange unfamiliar air about it.

Scorpion: During one of your frequent forays between Earth and the Nether Realms you sense a strange disturbance. You find yourself planted in an Earth city but it is not quite as you recognize it. The architecture suggests that you are in the United States and a major city at that, but it is strangely quiet. There is no traffic and no sound of barges from the nearby docks. Sensing danger you keep your guard up.

Jacket: You have one new message. *beep* "This is 'Richard' from the shipping warehouse. There's been a strike and we need you to help us with negotiations. Discretion is of the utmost concern. Come to Amboy and Wards Point Ave." *click*

Vivi Ornitier: "Farewell. My memories will be part of the sky." These were your final words as you shuffled off your mortal coil and left Gaia forever. You now find yourself materialized in a strange new realm. A massive cityscape looms before you with buildings to rival the highest towers, packed one next to the other. Death is strange, and not nearly as final as you would have imagined.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-21, 11:38 PM
I hop in my car take 2 hits of acid and head to my target. This gives me an opportunity for my masked hallucinations to talk to me, and whether or not they give truthful advice is up to you, but they are real in my characters mind. Assuming I see no trouble along the way then I open my trunk to get my weapons and watch for signs of movement in the windows as I approach the largest house on the more acute angle of the 3 way intersection (checked a satellite view).
"It's showtime."

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-22, 12:33 AM
Up here in the north east the weather tends to be pretty crappy but today is a nice day. A lot of people seem to be enjoying this nice weather, walking instead of driving. In fact, you don't see a single other car on the road. You get to your destination and see a few of the strikers outside of a building. They are crowded around a door, banging on it with their fists and saying something you cant make out.

Comissar
2015-04-22, 02:13 AM
Vivi was lying face down on the street, eyes closed. What happened? How had he gotten here? Bright yellow eyes opening, he stood and looked around. The building's here were enormous, bigger even than the grand castle. He tilted his head back in awe. They were so tall it was starting to give him vertigo. Grasping the rims of his broad hat, Vivi shook his head. Getting dizzy here wouldn't be the best idea. Picking up his staff in case of attack, he looked left and right trying to decide what to do.

I thought I'd... Stopped... Maybe this is where people go afterwards?

Making up his mind, he began to wander down the street to his left.

I wonder if grandpa is here...

Hypername
2015-04-22, 05:19 AM
What is going on? Where is everybody? This must be Quan Chi's work...
Says Scorpion and starts walking down the streets.
I sense a disturbance... It must be the sorcerer hiding somewhere!
He then steps into the nearest alley and hides. He will kill Quan Chi from the shadows.

ODM
2015-04-22, 05:57 AM
Though this timeline feels odd, Storm feels a rush of relief being somewhere familiar. She hadn't realized how much she missed civilization after the destruction of Apocalypse. She looks around at the people of New York and it crosses her mind to wonder what this timeline is like. A gentle breeze begins to blow towards and then abruptly stops. One thing is for sure. The winds still bow to me. She thinks with a smile.

Cleavon
2015-04-22, 07:25 AM
Samurai Jack

Opened his eyes, the portals power hum washing over him now. His meditation complete Jack rose and placed his straw hat upon his head. As the thrum of power sounded again and again in his ears he steeled himself and stepped forward.

"It is time. My destiny awaits."

When his body broke the plane of that powerful portal it was as if he was torn from the land in which he had come. His body contorted, a fun house mirror of it's former self. His mind raced but his training allowed him to keep himself calm. It seemed an agonizing drawn out moment, but it was just that.

The portal opened over a broken landscape. His sandal clad feet clattering onto a broken girder, some ways off the ground among the ruin of a broken building. His eyes focused on his surroundings, peering out at the broken cityscape.

"What manner of place is this?"

He quirked an eyebrow and then listened intently. Only the wind greeted him, and he set about moving to the ground, agile jumps taking him down the side of the broken building to the street below. He stopped near the side of the building and peered about, listening intently to see if anyone was about.

[roll0]

Gorthok
2015-04-22, 08:37 AM
Vincent Valentine

Stirring in dreams.... Lucrecia... Sepheiroth... Hojo... A loud bang starts Vincent from his slumber. He blinks the sleep from his eyes as he hears movement outside his coffin. Slowly the lid slides to the side and Vincent sits up non-chalantly. Seeing three to four young men staring at him, Vincent ***** his head.

"Who.... are you?", he asks in a gravelly voice not used for years. Upon hearing the exclimations from they rag tag group, Vincent knows this won't finish well...

[roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-22, 11:25 AM
"It's rare mobsters guard the outside, but then again I have not seen a cop the whole way here." Jacket will park on the street to the side of the house instead. Then he will hop the fence into the backyard while using the divination ability to know when peoples backs are turned and increase my time to hide.

Edit: I made a hide roll in the OOC if there is anyone in the backyard.

Hypername
2015-04-22, 01:10 PM
Tired of waiting here, time to look from above
Says Scorpion and climbs the nearest staircase that goes to the roof of the building
Climb check to reach the staircase [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-22, 11:07 PM
As you begin your ascent you spot a man high up on the building decending. He wears a white gi with what appears to be a katana at his hip. His black hair is neatly tied in the back. He moves quickly and with great agility as he bounds from one girder to another.

From your vantage point you see many people milling about the streets but none of the vehicles you've come to expect in a cityscape of this sort. As you descend, your eyes are soon drawn to a peculiar man in a black and yellow uniform. The way he moves suggests a man of great martial prowess.

Behind the building you see no one. As you place your hand on the wall you get a glimpse of the inside. It appears to be some sort of warehouse. 4 men stand guard, pacing nervously as 2 other men approach what appears to be some sort of sarcophagus. Inside it another man sits up. He has long black hair and is wearing a black uniform with a red cloak. He has a dangerous look about him but something inside your head tells you he is a friend. After a short deliberation the two men closest to him pull out large knives and close in on him.

The two men in front of you draw large knives and move to attack. (You win initiative.)

As you begin to acclimate yourself to your new surroundings a strange little man walks around the corner. He wears a high collared blue coat and a large floppy hat that casts a shadow over his face. The most noteworthy feature however is his glowing yellow eyes.

As you turn the corner you see a tall dark skinned female. She seems to be enjoying the gentle breeze that blows down this street. The wind abruptly dies down as she turns and looks at you.

Cleavon
2015-04-23, 12:16 AM
Samurai Jack

Felt the concrete under his sandals as he made the final jump, this place while strange, not that much different from places he had visited that were under the grip of Aku. He kept up a wary eye, but the figure in black and yellow had certainly caught his attention. He recognized the cut of his garments, surely the man had some martial training. Perhaps he would know more about what was going on here.

He approached calmly, not showing any signs of hostility, though he was of course ready to act at a moments notice. He raised a hand, palm up in a friendly greeting gesture, calling out to the man from some a small distance, about twenty feet.

"Greetings, traveler. I am called Jack. I am new to this land, and know little of it. May I ask, are you familiar with this place?"

Gorthok
2015-04-23, 01:06 AM
Vincent Valentine

Vincent puts a hand to his face, attempting to shake the last bit of his slumber away. His grogginess is quickly removed as he hears the pull of large blades from their sheaths. Stepping lightly out of his place of rest, Vincent pulls free his revolver, Quicksilver, and levels it at one of the men.

"I believe... it would be best if you did not." Vincent growls at the closest man, cocking the hammer back as he does.

Ready an action to fire at the first movement either one of the men take towards me. Probably also an intimidate check if you'd like.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-23, 01:31 AM
Jacket kicks open the door shotgun drawn and says "Just a few bums eh? Well this will be easier then my first ever mission."[roll0] if either one of the two men outside the sarcophagus don't disarm themselves immediately I will start combat. Since I spoke as a free action I assume I can still move close enough to shoot both at once with the spread of the shootgun during the suprise round regardless of my initiative, but I will wait to see the success of the intimidation first.

Hypername
2015-04-23, 03:05 AM
Scorpion

Greetings. I am Scorpion. I am familiar with this place and I am looking for the sorcerer Quan Chi. Did you happen to see him?
Scorpion sees the Katana the man has in the sheath and the gi he is wearing. He could be participating in Mortal Kombat... he thinks.

Comissar
2015-04-23, 04:07 AM
Vivi slows to a stop a short distance from the tall woman. He looks up at her with surprise, "Um... Hi..."

He looked around at the still strange city, then back at the woman. She seemed to be very at ease with herself here, perhaps she knows where they are? "Do... Do you know what this place is? I just woke up here."

Cleavon
2015-04-23, 04:34 AM
Samurai Jack

Brings a hand up to his chin, thinking for a moment. He did not recall ever meeting a Quan Chi in his travels, but he had just stepped through a portal to this unknown place.

"I am afraid I do not. I come from a land that was beset by a great evil, and to preapre myself I have been on a long journey. I was told a magical portal that I encountered would lead me to my destiny. It has lead me here. It is perhaps because I did not reside in this land originally that I do not know of this Quan Chi."

He gave the strange man a bit of a smile as he thought for a moment.

"It is my honor to make your acquaintance, Scorpion. This place is alien to me, perhaps we could travel together for a time? I would like to learn more about this place, and what it may hold for me."

Hypername
2015-04-23, 01:50 PM
I am seeking Vengeance. Only that will let me rest finally. That man did a lot to me. If I find him...
Scorpion looks around and says
The last time I was here, the place was almost razed to the ground. We can move on if you want though.

ODM
2015-04-23, 02:16 PM
Storm smiles and nods. Its been a long time since I've felt these winds but I believe we are in New York City. Where are you from? Puzzled by the strange accent, Storm remains warry of the strange kid but attempts to hide it as she is happy to meet him never the less. His yellow eyes though remind her of her dear friend Kurt Wagner.

1. I'm away from my computer and on my phone so the colors doesn't work and I don't have the code figured out yet so for now I'll bold her speech and change its color when I get home tonight. Second I'm really glad I waited and thought about it because I hadn't realized at first that I should look at what Vivi was saying. I hadn't realized ooc that that was who I saw.

Comissar
2015-04-23, 04:34 PM
Vivi looked around at the city scape in confusion, "New York..?" He stared thoughtfully at the buildings, he'd never heard of somewhere called 'New York'... What a strange name for a city... He suddenly started in surprise, the woman had asked him something, "Sorry! I'm Vivi. I live... Used to live near Treno." When the strange woman doesn't seem to recognise the name, he added hopefully "On the Mist Continent?"

Vivi is less 'Strange Man' and more 'Strange Kid'. He's only 9, after all :smalltongue:

Cleavon
2015-04-23, 07:41 PM
Samurai Jack

Listened carefully to the conviction in the mans voice. He was certainly driven. A quality that Jack had seen in both friend and foe alike over the years. Scorpion seemed genuine though, his drive to defeat his a nemesis of sorts something Jack could understand.

The samurai pulled his straw hat from the billowing folds of the sleeve of his robe and placed it upon his head, nodding to Scorpion.

"By all means. This place is ominous. I have seen many large cities, but never one as empty as this. It fills me with a sense of foreboding. Since you seem to know this place far better than I, lead on if you please."

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-23, 08:33 PM
From your vantage point you have a good view of the surrounding streets. To one side you can see what appears to be an adult with a child. Suddenly from around a corner emerges a large group of people seeming to shamble towards them. Their movements seem too stilted and unnatural to be some sort of mob but they move together as one. Strange, given the conspicuous lack of people in the city.

Your conversaton is cut off by the sound of moaning and shuffling feet. A large group of people emerge from around the corner, shambling toward you. Their clothes are dirty and covered in what appear to be blood stains. Their flesh seems to be withered and rotting. They move as one single mass of arms, legs and faces. Their attention turns toward you and they begin moving in your direction.

The men with the knives become wide eyed and begin to look to each other for support. All color fades from their faces and they begin to stammer. "Hey, look man, uh, we're just trying to put an end to all this, y'know? We just made a mistake is all. I can see you guys are human. Lets just put this behind us ok?"

ODM
2015-04-23, 09:17 PM
Storm is shocked by the conversation she is having with this child. However, when these creatures come around the corner, she knows there is no time to gather more details. She extends a hand to Vivi. Take my hand. Things do not look good. If she takes his hand, she will fly high enough with him to evaluate the situation somewhat safely.

Gorthok
2015-04-23, 10:50 PM
Vincent

The look of shock and fear brought the slightest twing of a smile to Vincent's lips. Gently uncocking his pistol, Vincent looks over to the shotgun wielding man. Confused as to why a man would run around in a chicken mask, Vincent starts to call out to him.

"...."

Thinking over his situation, Vincent decides it's better to just return to his slumber to repent for his sins. He starts to climb back into his sarcophagus.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-23, 11:12 PM
"Human? I guess thats biologically true, but I don't like being a human when I hunt humans for a living. So you two are gonna get on the ground and tell me everything you know or I'm gonna show you just how animal I am."[roll0] I walk up to Vincent with my gun still aimed at his would be assailants. "You don't look like someone I'm supposed to kill, want a cigarette? Also what is your stance on torture?"

(Still keeping the readied action to shoot from earlier)

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-23, 11:28 PM
Having nothing but their knives, the men drop them on the ground and fall to their knees. "We don't know any more than you do, man! We thought he was one of those... those things. I mean... he sleeps in a coffin. We thought maybe if we destroyed him it would... I don't know... put an end to all this. Like the old vampire stories." Another man chimes in "Look, I don't want to tell you your business but if you fire that thing you're going to bring them all right to us. We need to get out of here."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-24, 01:00 AM
"Well if these 'things' want to kill you then I can't do my job, so where is the safest place." Jacket realizes the flaw in that logic and tries to play it off with the fact he is on drugs. Muttering under his breath next to Vincent "I have a car with one open seat, so we can leave these guys to deal with the angry mob outside."

Comissar
2015-04-24, 03:32 AM
Vivi took a step back as the mob appeared. "Umm... Ok."

He reaches out to the woman's offered hand, hoping she had some kind of plan.

ODM
2015-04-24, 04:34 AM
Hold on. Storm takes Vivi's hand and takes off toward the sky, scanning the approaching creatures for some type of clue about what they are or how many there are. She also will be looking for a safe place to drop off this poor kid. She will at the same time be looking to see if anyone else may need to be air lifted away in a similar fashion.

[roll0]
Also I hope having a flight speed of 60 (now 40 but still) helps.

Hypername
2015-04-24, 05:09 AM
Scorpion appreciates a man of action, and this man Jack seems to cut to the chase quickly. A traveler is always good company. And this one looked as if he could handle himself in combat.

Cracking his knuckles and his neck he looks down
Hey Jack, look down there!

Cleavon
2015-04-24, 05:52 AM
Samurai Jack

Turned to see what Scorpion was pointing out, only to see a strange looking little person in a pointed hat being lifted into the air by a flying woman. While he processed that information his perception noted what they were fleeing from, and his hand went to his katana hilt instantly.

"How odd. That mob does look friendly at all...I wonder what is going on down there."

He turned, and not knowing any better called out to Storm and Vivi.

"Hello! What is all of this ruckus about?"

Comissar
2015-04-24, 11:55 AM
As Vivi lifts off, he claps a hand to his hat in surprise. The winds the woman used to fly buffeted his clothes fiercely, but her grip was also strong, keeping the young Black Mage from falling. From their new vantage point, he could see much more of the city. It seemed to stretch forever, monolithic structures everywhere. The only people he could see down there being the mob far below.

Assuming that Vivi is not yet aware of Jack/Scorpion as Storm hasn't set down yet

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-24, 07:34 PM
The mob seems to follow beneath the flying pair, their arms flailing about in the air and their moans more audible with their necks cranked. They look very unfriendly in deed, as well as determined.

ODM
2015-04-24, 09:30 PM
Storm notices two strange figures calling out to her from their 'vantage point.' She looks back down toward the mob approaching and has an idea. Winds, I call upon you to conceal us from the creatures below. I command you to protect me and this child. As a fog surrounds their current location, she flies towards the two other figures, hoping the mist will obscure the vision of the mob. She sets Vivi down and lands next to him. What are these things?

Suddenly she realizes something and before anything else can be said she turns to Vivi. Your parents, are they nearby? Are they in danger as well? Storm's head is reeling a little. This was not what she had expected when she came here... though what this is she was still unsure.

Cast obscuring mist. It will form in a 20ft radius around us and remain stationary as we fly.

Cleavon
2015-04-24, 09:49 PM
Samurai Jack

Watches with some interest as the flying lady and the child like figure come closer and finally land somewhere in their general vicinity. Nodding to Scorpion and making his way over to the pair he looked from them back to the floating mist...and then to the mob (if he could still see them).

Giving a small bow of his head, Jack spoke.

"Greetings, I am called Jack. My companion there is named Scorpion. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, even under such odd circumstances. I could not help but overhear that this child's family may be in danger? May I be of some assistance?"

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-24, 11:08 PM
You hear the loud groan of a steel structure buckling in the distance followed by a loud crash. It seems to have attracted the mob's interest as they begin to shuffle in that direction.

You hear the loud groan of a steel structure buckling in the distance followed by a loud crash. Shortly after you hear the shuffle of dozens of feet on the pavement accompanied by human voices stifled by the walls of the warehouse.

Gorthok
2015-04-24, 11:11 PM
Vincent

Vincent pauses as he starts to pull the lid close on his casket.

"I appreciate your help sir, but could you lower your weapon from those men? They are just fearful of their lives, no reason to torture them more."

Removing himself once more from this coffin, Vincent stands straight and sighs deeply. Thoughts of his past rise and sink in his mind. He squeezes his fist in reflex and then turns towards this chicken-headed man.

"... I'm Vincent. I believe it would be best to leave here swiftly. Let us go" As he starts to walk off, Vincent turns to the assailants from before, "It would be best if you left quickly as well."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-25, 02:01 AM
Jacket leads Vincent to his car while lost in thought about what his mission actualy was. Most missions were foolproof for any hitmen, but why question change without also questioning consistency? "Well I don't think investigating that sound is a good idea with the groups of wierd people I saw roaming about, but I asume if I drive around I can find a message from someone in my organization."[roll0]
With Jacket being from out of state I will be using my knowledge local as a sort of streetwise check. In Hotline Miami 2 it is mentioned that some characters started by spray painting a circle with 3 lines through it to mark a house for for the better hitmen to go to, but OoC I doubt I would find a mark if the newbie murderer ran into zombies.

Comissar
2015-04-25, 04:27 AM
Incredibly grateful to be on the ground again, Vivi stumbled forward a step or two as the woman set him down. He looked up to see two more people. "Oh... Um..." His parents? The closest he had was his grandfather, but he'd died some time ago.

When the man calling himself Jack asked about his family, Vivi immediately thought of Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and all the others. He stared at the ground for a few moments. The weight of the realisation that he probably would never see them again sinking in. But... He'd already known that, right?

"Umm... My grandfather might be here, but I don't think the other's will be. They're still alive, so that wouldn't make sense."

Hypername
2015-04-25, 08:29 AM
Εnough of this. I can see some creatures approaching. We can discuss somewhere else.

Scorpion tries to focus his inner strength to teleport away but fails.
It seems I am weaker here... What is going on? he thinks to himself.
Come on let's move he says grumpily.

ODM
2015-04-25, 08:59 AM
Watching the mob's attention beig drawn to something else, Storm relaxes somewhat.They seem to have forgotten us for now. You are right though; we need to find somewhere safer to figure out what is happening. Can you all watch the child while I scout out a spot?

If they agree, Storm will instantly take to the skies and fly around a small radius looking for the following: where the mob is going, someplace that seems like it would be safe to hide out temporarily, any other survivors.

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-26, 12:55 AM
The four of you stand on the side of the building 5 stories high. The side of this particular building has been completely destroyed as if it were struck by some sort of spell or explosion. From this vantage point the damage of the surrounding buildings is much more apparent. Many of the edifices around you have large holes and collapsed walls. You can access the inside of the building but it looks precarious as the structure appears highly unstable.

Peering down at the streets you see the small mob of people making their way toward several other mobs which seem to be converging several blocks away. They do not seem to be at odds with each other, nor do they seem to have an easily discernible goal. They seem to want to amble toward the source of the loud noise you just heard.

Cleavon
2015-04-26, 02:34 AM
Samurai Jack

Nodded to Storm.

"That seems a safe course of action, ma'am. We will await your return, and once we know more about our surroundings, and possibly about these strange groups of people we can decide upon our true course. At least those strange people are moving away from here now."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-26, 09:35 AM
Jacket catches himself before he does something stupid and cheks the backyard and if it's safe then he checks the other side of the fence and if that is safe he will go to his car. From the suggestion of the survivors and the proof of the creaking building that these strange mobs are attracted to loud sounds if Jacket reaches his he plans to speed up then shut off the engine to coast quietly for a distance.Stealth: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]
Driving: [roll2]

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-26, 12:35 PM
You check the back yard and there is still no one in the fenced off area. On the other side of the fence there is a large group of people making their way slowly past your car. It doesn't seem as though they have taken any interest in your car or the building you are in.

Comissar
2015-04-26, 01:52 PM
Now that he had the higher vantage point, Vivi could see more of the city. Carefully, he moved near to the edge of the building. Kneeling near the edge, he looked down at the obvious devastation. It almost looks like Terra...

He pulled the rim of his hat down, shaking his head to try and shake out the memory of Kuja's insane rampage on the unfortunate world.

Note - Due to the way Arcanists work, these are all x1's

Level 0's - Drench, Dancing Lights, Flare, Ray of Frost, Spark, Jolt, Light

Level 1's - Burning Hands, Snowball, Hydraulic Push, Shocking Grasp

Level 2's - Fiery Runes, Spontaneous Immolation

Level 3 - Fireball

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-26, 03:40 PM
Jacket will go back and quietly explain "There are people by my car. I'll let you know when the coast is clear." he will then go back and place a hand on the fence and remain quiet.

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-26, 07:50 PM
As you fly around a bit you see that several other groups are converging on the same location. A crane seems to have fallen over and crashed into the side of a building. Dozens of people move out of the building at a leisurely pace, apparently not caring about the danger they are in. Hundreds in all seem to clog that entire block all shambling in the same manner. They all move like the group of monstrosities you saw minutes ago.

There appears to be a clear path to the bay as most of the mobs seem to be moving toward the middle of the city. As you scope out the bay area you see that most vehicles are derelict and show signs of abandonment: graffiti, visible rust, broken windows, and missing wheels. There are perhaps a few that appear unmolested but a closer look would be required to verify this. For the time being they are all surrounded by similar mobs but like the others the mobs seem to be moving toward the wreckage of the crane.

ODM
2015-04-26, 08:13 PM
Storm will check for what she would estimate to be the safest path towards the vehicles at the bay. She would then report back to the others. Whatever those things are, they are converging on a fallen crane. Now would be the time to move. There are some vehicles by the bay. If we can make it to them, then we might be able to use one to get somewhere safer or, if nothing else, they might provide clues or tools. If you all can walk with Vivi, I'll navigate from the sky. I'll try to steer us away from whatever these creatures are. Just watch me, okay?

Cleavon
2015-04-26, 09:21 PM
Samurai Jack

Hopped up onto a slightly higher vantage point, watching as Storm flew off. Interesting. He could indeed jump good, but flying was beyond his abilities. It had always amazed him when he had met various beings that could master the air.

Not letting down his guard though, he turned his attention towards the streets, and the base of the building they were hiding atop. Or what he could see of the surrounding area. He kept an ardent vigil until Storm returned, with so many strange things going on it was best to remain wary.

When she returned he nodded to her assessment, and drew the Sword of destiny from it's sheath.

"Your reasoning is sound. If all agree we should make haste to move away from here. "

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-27, 01:17 AM
In time the mob passes by the building. There are a few stragglers in the street but only one or two in any given area. They seem to be standing, idly staring off into space.

The mob eventually passes by and your DeLorean is once again accessable, save for a few strikers. Or perhaps they are scabs. Hard to tell.

Gorthok
2015-04-27, 01:41 AM
Vincent

Once the chicken returned and informed Vincent of their current plight of strikers, a memory from his days with the Turks appeared. A slight smile washed over his usually stoic face and he looked up at Chicken.

"I think I can be of assistance at the moment." he says to the ragged looking friend.

Moving out from behind their current hiding location, Vincent creeps to a decent vantage point near the group of looters. Looking towards his right forearm, he touches a pale green gem lodged into his bracer and prays to the planet to see him through this endevour. Pulling all his might forth, he thinks only of the cleansing flames of the Planet and hurl them towards the group of looters near Chicken's vehicle.

Moving to a place I can get LoS on the group of looters. Once there, cast Fireball at them.
Stealth: [roll0]

Fireball: DC: 15 Reflex for half
Damage: [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-27, 02:35 AM
5 of the creatures stand near Jacket's Vehicle. All of them are struck by Vincent's fireball and immediately catch flame. Their flesh is all but stripped from their bodies, yet they continue to stand there as if nothing happened.

Z1: 9
Z2: 19
Z3: 19
Z4: 9
Z5: 19

Near one of the vandalized vehicles you see a bright flash as there is an explosion. 5 of the creatures near the vehicle have caught fire but still stand idly. As your attention is drawn to that spot you see 2 more figures in a fenced in area near the vehicle. They move like normal humans, unlike the mobs roaming the street.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-27, 09:52 AM
Jacket switches to a unicorn mask and showing a brief glimpse of blond hair, but otherwise hiding his face. Then Jacket walks to ths side so when he hops the fence he will have a clear shot from a better angle with his shotgun and not hit his car. I estimate switching masks would be a standard action so I won't be able to attack this turn.

Hypername
2015-04-27, 01:13 PM
What is going on here...? Wonders Scorpion out loud.
Hey anyone got an idea?

Comissar
2015-04-27, 06:34 PM
Coming back from the edge of the building, Vivi looks up at Scorpion. "Um... I'm not sure, Mr. Scorpion. They were acting a bit like people who spent too long in the Mist," He turns his attention down to the now quieter streets, "But you don't seem to have Mist here..."

He stays quiet a moment, watching Storm drifting away. "I... I think we should probably all stick together, though. It's safer in a fight when there's more people..."

With that, he starts heading to the stairs down from the roof of this building, carefully taking them one at a time.

Cleavon
2015-04-27, 07:16 PM
Samurai Jack

Nodded to Scorpion and Vivi as Storm went to the air to get a better vantage point. Still being atop the building he didn't see the fireballs explosion as he scouted out the best way to head down the building.

"Follow me. Be careful, once we get to the street level We'll have to rely on Storm to keep us away from those strange mobs of people until we know more about what is going on."

With that he nodded to them and began to hop down from girder to girder, trying to point out the best way for Vivi and Scorpion to follow.

Rolling Perception to try and determine the easiest route for Vivi and Scorpion to get down from the building. Mostly Vivi though, Scorpion seems pretty capable.

[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-27, 09:10 PM
Jack finds a few weak points in the stairwell Vivi is descending. He manages to steer him clear of those spots and both make it safely to street level.

Once the three of you make it to the street you see a few of the people up close. They are on the other side of a chain link fence and begin thrashing as soon as they see you. Their eyes are sunken and their face and arms are covered in large weeping sores. The infection seems to the point that it should have killed any human by now. Their moans are wordless and almost inhuman.

There is another large group sever hundred feet down the road to the south. They appear oblivious but make their way down the road toward you at a slow pace. There is a car parked on the side of the road slightly to the north but upon closer inspection all 4 tires are flat.

Hypername
2015-04-28, 01:48 PM
If you want to fight better tell me soon. Says Scorpion to Jack.
Filthy spawns of sorcery he whispers.
Scorpion clenches his fists. He seems to be ready to fight. He has faced many great enemies in Mortal Kombat and he isn't going to be scared by a few walking corpse-like creatures. He notices the pores.
Try not to get close to these pores. They look pretty damn infectious.

Comissar
2015-04-28, 03:42 PM
Vivi looks at the sickened people with a mixture of morbid fascination and fear. When one of them slammed against the fence particularly aggressively, he jumped back a couple of steps. Now that he was closer, though, he had a better look at them. They looked sick. Horribly, fatally sick. In fact, they almost reminded him of some of the monsters he had fought with his friends. Gripping his stave tightly, he reached inside himself and touched his inner reserve of magic.

With a confidence he hadn't displayed before, he announced "I've seen things like this before. They hunted in the Mist, in the lowlands. They couldn't be reasoned with, we had to fight them or run from them."

Fun fact, one of the enemies in FFIX is, in fact, Zombies. As such, I figure that once Vivi gets a close up look at these Zombies, he'd be able to spot the similarities. Of course, FFIX Zombies are mist-spawned creatures, not straight up infected corpses, so if you think this is too much of a leap of logic, then let me know and I'll change my post.

ODM
2015-04-28, 05:20 PM
Realizing how close the threat was, Storm drops down just in front of the others. Be careful. We don't know what these creatures are. I think I saw two humans nearby though. Let's see if we can make our way to them without provoking these creatures.

Cleavon
2015-04-28, 06:37 PM
Samurai Jack

Feeling the ground underneath him felt good, the slightly unstable building had made a decent vantage point but wasn't exactly what he would classify as truly safe. With sword in hand he looked at the infected people, a look of horror washing over his face, and then turning back to a somber facade, his grip on his weapon tightening.

"This is truly horrible, what has happened here? These poor people are not themselves."

He turned to Scorpion and Vivi tilting his head.

"Scorpion, I am not sure that we will be required to combat these infectious people. I certainly hope we do not, in any case. They are most likely not responsible for their fate. Vivi, your prior experiences seem relevant, though there is none of this mist that you mention here. Until we know more about how this happened to these people we should avoid them at all costs I think."

Jacks eye's suddenly opened a bit wider, and he looked up to Storm.

"More people nearby? Yes, lead us to them as safely as you can!"

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-29, 01:33 AM
In another strange turn of events you see what appears to be a human flying high above a nearby street. The figure hovers briefly then disappears back down the street. You lose sight of the person behind the large buildings.

As you near the end of the street you see 5 of the creatures standing in the middle of the road appearing severely burned. A couple of them still smolder. They are still too far away to notice you so they continue to stand there as if nothing is happening. Suddenly a man with a Unicorn mask scales a chain link fence near them.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-29, 01:40 PM
Jacket stops for a moment upon seeing Storm, passing it off as a hallucination, he hops the fence and shoots both barrels at the zombies.If I cannot fit all 5 zombies in a 30 ft cone then ignore some attack rolls. These are also touch attacks ignoring natural armor and they all should be flat-footed as well so thier AC is likely 10, but I get a -6 penalty from shoting both barrels of a scatter weapon.
Attack
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], and [roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Comissar
2015-04-29, 03:22 PM
Vivi backs away from the zombies slowly, following the suggestion of his allies. As he turned away from them, he blinked in surprise. A unicorn headed person? Everyone else he'd met so far, zombies not withstanding, had looked to be strictly human. This person almost looked like some of the residents of Gaia. Although... On closer inspection, it was just a mask of some kind. He was using some kind of miniature cannon, too. Vivi flinches as the strange man fires his cannon at the grouped up zombies. Without waiting to consult the others, he ran forward with his staff in hand.

"Stand back! I can help!"

Channeling his inner power, Vivi briefly closed his eyes before throwing his hand out in front of him. As he did so, he yelled "Fire!"

Bright orange flames leapt up around one of the zombies, engulfing it rapidly.

Ok, so, Vivi will be rushing to help Jacket in his fight against the zombies.

Initiative (if you need it) - [roll0]

He's casting Spontaneous Immolation (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spontaneous-immolation) on whichever zombie looks toughest of the ones Jacket is fighting. It deals [roll1] fire damage (Fortitude DC 17 for half and no catching fire, DC 17 Reflex to put fire out if it doesn't avoid catching fire)

Hypername
2015-04-29, 05:09 PM
Ugh end it quickly. We don't want to attract attention.
He says and goes into a fighting stance next to Vivi.
Ready action to attack the first zombie coming close

Cleavon
2015-04-29, 07:29 PM
Samurai Jack

Quirked an eyebrow at the strange man hopping over the fence. He watched in confused silence as the man (Who he now realized must be wearing some sort of helmet or mask in the shape of a horned equine) brought his weapon to bear and in and even stranger turn of events a soundless blast was leveled at the infected people. Jack was still a little confused, Vivi seemed adamant that these things were dangerous and may attack but Jack had seen little except them lumbering about rather stupidly. He wondered how they would fare from what seemed like a projectile weapon.

"This is all very strange. Are you sure that these people are beyond saving Vivi?"

He looked on as Vivi made one of them burst into flame to some degree, his eyes going down to the tiny spell caster and shrugging his shoulders.

"I will protect you Vivi, but I am still not sure that destroying these poor souls is the correct course of action."

He gripped his Katana in both hands and nodded to Scorpion, staying on the opposite side of Vivi, ready to defend the child against any of these things that would shamble their way.

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-30, 04:51 AM
As the group approaches the strange scene before them, the man with the unicorn mask scales the fence and lands oh his feet. Before anyone can react, he levels his tube-like weapon and unleashes a puff of smoke. Though there is no visible projectile, or audible sound, all five of of the creatures fall to the ground and become motionless.

Gorthok
2015-04-30, 06:23 AM
Vincent

As the report from Chickenhead's weapon finally left Vincent's ears... He stood and took levy of the situation. Moving cautiously from behind his hiding place... He walks towards Chickenhead's direction when he notices the man is now wearing a horse head with a large horn shooting out from the forehead.

"Chickenhead... is that you? What happened? Where did your other face go?"

I don't know exactly where the rest of the group is... but Vincent doesn't want to get surprised by anymore of these "rioters". He'll keep a sharp lookout for any movement in the area along the street where the car is parked.

Perception: [roll0]

ODM
2015-04-30, 08:15 AM
Storm watches as the creatures fall before the unicorn man. Vivi's bravery impresses her as she had not even reacted as quickly as he did. As the creatures fall though, she realizes they might not have been the most dangerous thing here. She approaches as she calls out to the Unicorn man, That's quite a shot. We could use a few extra hands from the looks of things. Strength in numbers they say.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-30, 09:57 AM
"They're masks I just use them in different situations, and it looks like we have more friendlies Vincent." Jacket turns away to switch to a pig mask. "Sure I'll join it seems like everyone I'm meeting knows magic, and I never know if I'll hallucinate that again."Because I don't know how much money a DeLorean costs I may have extra starting money in which case it may be a cool mechanic to have a roll to find extra ammo or drugs in the trunk of my car every x amount of time.

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-30, 09:04 PM
The six of you are now in the general vicinity of the warehouse. The DeLorean has its windows smashed out and the word "Whore" painted across the hood in white letters. Across the street there is another chain link fence with an indeterminate number of these creatures behind it. Their combined force bows the fence out to the point where it appears close to snapping free of the posts. To the north (up Hopping ave.) The street is packed with creatures making their way slowly toward you. To the east (down Amboy rd.) the streets are also packed but those creatures are making their way toward the loud sound you heard earlier.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-01, 12:52 AM
Jacket flips out so bad I would be banned from this site if I were to include the masive amount of swearing, but to put it in perspective he repaired his car from when the russian mafia wrecked it just after breaking out of jail and he only left it unattended for a few minutes. He will quickly assess if it is still drivable before deciding how to flee the horde breaking down the fence. Uses a hit of acid and a cigarette during the fit of rage.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-01, 01:59 AM
The DeLorean starts up normally. The engine sounds normal and everything feels ok. There is not a shard of broken glass to be seen inside or outside the car.

Hypername
2015-05-01, 06:13 AM
Impressive weapon. Worthy fighter. utters Scorpion.
What is our next move people? Those things are approaching soon. Vivi once we get away tell me more about those creatures. They look like something I have seen before too.

Cleavon
2015-05-01, 07:18 AM
Samurai Jack

Stood staring as the unicorn headed man let out his expletive laden rant and seemed to have some sort of fit in the process. One hand came up to rub his chin as he listened, hearing Scorpion speaking to Vivi as well. This was indeed a strange series of events, but perhaps these new people could lend some assistance.

He approached Jacket and spoke to him as he started the car.

"Excuse me, Sir. My name is Jack. I am traveling through here with my new friends, a child named Vivi and a man named Scorpion. Given the situation we were attempting to leave this place. We have a guide named Storm flying above, and if we could all make use of your conveyance I believe she could lead us all to relative safety, but it would seem time is of the essence. I beseech you sir, may we accompany you in your vessel?"

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-01, 10:33 AM
"Ya every one that can fit should hop in." The DeLorean has 2 seats, space behind the seats for someone small like Vivi if people give up their leg room, and 2 more people could uncomfortably and unsafely fit in the trunk if it is not closed.

ODM
2015-05-01, 01:47 PM
Storm nods at this and considers it. I won't be neading a seat. I can keep up better than most if needed. From the sounds of it though, speed will not be our friend with the seats. As for the trunk, how "unsafely" would they be travelling compared to how unsafely they could travel on foot?

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-01, 07:32 PM
"Scorpion looks ripped enough to hold on to the frame if I go over a bump, but a rope or a chain could help both people in the back. If anyone were to follow behind me they may need to avoid these sick dudes coming from the intersecting streets ahead of us. "You could use the chain you pull people in with for a seatbelt.

Gorthok
2015-05-01, 11:58 PM
Vincent

The arrival of new people startled Vincent. Walking towards the group, he lightly fingered the trigger guard of Quicksilver, ready for an attack in an instant. Seeming peaceful, Vincent relaxes his grip upon Quicksilver and starts to listen intently. Noticing the small child's eyes, Vincent steps forward to him and kneels down.

"Do you know where Hojo might be? Were you part of SOLDIER?"

When the conversation of seats is brought up, Vincent steps in and voluneteers to ride on the "trunk", effectively riding as gunner. Holding on to one of the Delorean's window slats, Vincent takes aim at anything that comes near.

Hypername
2015-05-02, 07:50 AM
Ι can use my chain to hold on to. Let's go.
Scorpion uses his chain as a "seatbelt" to strap himself on the car.

ODM
2015-05-02, 09:19 AM
Once the seating is worked out Storm will explain the same strategy she used last time: she flies high and a little ahead, watching out for the safest routes to take for them to follow. If they agree she will say, Then we should get moving. Then the winds would carry her into the sky.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-02, 10:36 AM
On acount of math Jacket follows storm at about 25 mph and if Scorpion or Vincent in the back warn him he can speed up to avoid sprinters. And if anything gets in front of us without Storm warning me use this check.[roll0]

Comissar
2015-05-02, 05:42 PM
Vivi looked up at the second newcomer with some confusion. What strange phrasing. "Umm... No... I'm not a soldier, and I don't know a 'Hojo'"

When the Delorean is presented as an escape vehicle, Vivi's confusion only grew. It clearly had seats inside, but how exactly did it work? The sound of the rapidly approaching zombies reminded him that he didn't really have the time to ponder this. Gracelessly, he clambered into the back seat.

Cleavon
2015-05-02, 10:03 PM
Samurai Jack

bowed low at the waist when Jacket seemed to acquiesce to his request. Jack hopped over the top of the car and helped Vivi inside then piled in along with the other strange man that had accompanied Jacket. he noticed that this stranger seemed to question Vivi as if they may know one another, but Vivi's reply silenced those thoughts. Perhaps it was mistaken identity. It did seem that they had all arrived here under strange circumstances. Perhaps it was all of their destinies to come to this place and discover it's mysteries.

As the car sped up he leaned over between the two seats and spoke rather loudly to Jacket, making sure he could be heard over the engine and racket that the car made as it drove.

"YOUR CHARIOT IS QUITE SPRITELY AND QUICK! IT WILL SERVE US WELL TO AVOID THESE STRANGE CREATURES! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS IN CONVEYING US FROM THIS PLACE!"

He leaned back with a pleased smile on his face, bracing himself as needed when Jacket made quick turns.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-02, 11:07 PM
Everyone piles into the Vehicle, save for Storm and you make your way swiftly down the road.

Which direction do you go?

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-03, 02:46 AM
Storm saw the bay area and thought it was safe so I'm following her.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-03, 04:23 AM
The creatures give chase but are unable to keep up with Jacket's vehicle. When you make it to the bay you see another group of people. They are fighting off a large group of creatures in a parking lot. They appear to be wearing makeshift armor and fighting with makeshift weapons.

Barriers around the parking lot appear to protect the main entrance to a building behind them. They effectively bottleneck the monsters but it is unclear how long they will stand up to the force of several dozen of the things. If they are overrun they will surely all die an unpleasant death.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-03, 02:14 PM
Jacket stops to let everyone out unless the rest of the party is unanimously uninterested.

Cleavon
2015-05-03, 09:55 PM
Samurai Jack

Turned in his seat, pressing his hands against the door. He leaned his head out a bit through where the window would have been had the glass not been completely smashed out (provided there are no zombies close enough to take a swipe at him) and points out the people fighting inside the barricades.

"THOSE PEOPLE ARE IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE! THEY WILL SURELY BE OVERWHELMED IF WE DO NOT INTERVENE!"

At such a point he would have simply jumped from the moving car into a roll towards the barricades but with Jacket stopping the car he simply flipped the door upwards and bounded out, grasping the Sword of Destiny in hand.

"Come! There is not much time!"

With that Jack bounded off towards the barricades, looking to leap over them if possible, or climb them if not.

Not sure how tall the barricades are but Jack will use a full round action to hop out of the car and run to the wall, jump up as high as he can, on top if possible if not he'll cling to the side planning to climb the rest of the way next round.

Acrobatics
[roll0]

As he leaped upwards towards the barricade he shouted to Storm.

"FLY OVER THE MELEE AND LET THEM KNOW HELP HAS ARRIVED, TELL THEM TO FIGHT AS HARD AS THEY CAN!"

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-04, 12:27 AM
Jacket holds off on his initiative and checks the rearview mirror so he can tell when Scorpion and Vincent have got out. Assuming Vivi will be more defended and just as effective a caster inside the car Jacket starts revving the engine "Take Jacks spot and fasten your seatbelt Vivi!" when all the passengers that want to get out have done so then I will run over as many zombies as I can line up without hitting a teammate.Driving: [roll0] (since these zombies probably don't have the intelligence to get out of the way I'm making this check for the purpose of quickly turning back around after I drive through the enemy ranks)

Hypername
2015-05-04, 01:02 PM
Scorpion pulls his chain inside his wrists again and jumps on the ground.
He doesn't attack directly though preferring to approach the zombies with more stealth, moving to a hiding place.
Death from the shadows. he whispers as he hides
It seems that foul sorcery prevents me from creating portals. Let's do it the traditional way.
He thinks while he moves.
Stealth Check [roll0] and he moves 25 feet inside foliage and trees. He attempts to climb a building while in stealth (I assume the first check is enough.) [roll1] acrobatics check to jump to a nearby window of the building and climb.

Gorthok
2015-05-04, 02:06 PM
Vincent

Feeling the roaring engine quiet to a purr, Vincent looks to the front of the car to see Jack exclaim about something and jump out of the slowing car. As Jack begins to run off toward a large group of people, Vincent slides of the back of Chickenhead's car dispatching any rioters that close towards him. Vincent follows any that walk toward the ensuing melee with a calm demenor, checking the breach of his weapon.

"I don't know what will happen, but stay safe..."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-04, 04:30 PM
Once Scorpion, Jack and Vincent exit the vehicle, Jacket steps on the gas accelerating rapidly overrunning 3 of the creatures. He whips the vehicle into a 180 pinning the 4th against the barrier. All 4 appear to have stopped moving, aside from a brief amount of flailing that does not cease for some time. They spew vile ichor from their mouths and open wounds.

[Reflex Success!] The fluids that spew forth from the last creature are all over the ground, the barrier, and the inside of your car. You manage to duck your head before any can get on your skin. The smell is ghastly.

Comissar
2015-05-04, 06:15 PM
Vivi held tightly onto the leather chair beneath him through the journey. This vehicle was dreadful, worse than flying on an airship! Fighting down his queasiness, he nodded in affirmation of Jack's plan to help these people. Clambering forward to take the man's seat as he leapt from the car, he hesitated at the mention of seatbelts.

"Umm... What's a-"

Cut short by the impact with the zombies, Vivi clutched his seat tightly as he tried not to fall forward. With an effort, he held his hands out in front of him. Now that he had a clearer view of the zombies, his task seemed incredibly straight forward.

"Firaga!"

With a roaring intake of air, fire exploded from the ground not far from him. The flames engulfed over half a dozen of the undead creatures, scorching their flesh as they did so.

Casting a Flaring (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/flaring-spell-metamagic) Fireball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fireball) at the encircled area, centered where the point it. (I've left the drawing on Roll20 if you wanted to double check the range and size). As both an Evocation and a Fire spell, Vivi casts it as though he were one level higher and with a +1 to the DC. Additionally, his magical lineage means that he treats metamagics as increasing casting level by 1 less for Fireball, meaning he can cast a Flaring Fireball as a third level spell.

I figure the moving Delorean, specifically a moving and jostling Delorean, would require a concentration check. I'm assuming DC 13 (base 10 for vigorous motion, +3 for spell level). If you think it should be higher, let me know.

Concentration Check - [roll0]

Fireball Damage - [roll1] (DC 18 Reflex for half, Dazzling effect lasts for 3 rounds)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Screen%20shot%202015-05-05%20at%2000.02.21.png

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-04, 07:06 PM
Looking in the mirror again Jacket removes his mask being careful to not touch any splatters then drops it on the floor of the car and switches to the rabbit mask. Then he will grabs his keys, move, and draw his axe (move action to swich masks, swift action to grab keys, and standard action to move while drawing a weapon) Reflex: [roll0]
I am on my phone now and if the new GPU arrives in the mail today then I will move myself when I get home, if not put me behind a barrier. Also other then the reflex save all of this happens after Storm and the zombies go.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-04, 08:03 PM
Vivi's Firaga spell takes a deadly toll on several of the zombies. four of them are so badly burned that there is not enough left of them to pursue the civilians. four more are still on their feet and moving forward but their bodies are smoldering and barely holding together.

Jack
Vincent
Scorpion
Storm

ODM
2015-05-04, 09:20 PM
Storm, sails through the sky examining the situation and realizing who was likely in the most danger. She flies to land on the roof top overlooking two humans fighting off two of these monsters. Foul beasts, stop your assault or be frozen by the powers of snow and sleet. Suddenly a bust of snow and sleet descend around the zombies.

I've marked on the map my action locations. The circle (kind of) is where Storm lands. The x is the strike point of the snow storm.

I use my fly speed of 60 to fly towards the circle. If I technically don't have the speed to land on the roof, I'll hover over that spot.

The x is hit with Frost Fall (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/frost-fall) it has a 40ft radius so I do believe it's plenty within my reach. It has a five foot blast radius and the flowing happen.

The area is covered in a chilling frost that lasts for up to 3 rounds
The two zombies take [roll0] of cold damage
The zombies need to make a DC 16 fortitude saving throw or become staggered for one round.
Following this, any creature that is in the area when my turn begins (basically, when their turn ends) takes [roll1] cold damage

Cleavon
2015-05-04, 10:16 PM
Samurai Jack

Saw his comrades enter the fray, Vivi's blast of fire making jack bring a hand up in front of his face.

"Impressive!"

His eyes hardened and he grasped the Sword of Destiny in both hands, it's blade bursting forth with blazing white energy as he poured a bit of his will into it. With the sword grasped tight he leaped forward, his sword raised high and slashing down with precision at the zombie directly in line with him, his mouth open in a righteous battle cry!

'EEEAAAAYYYYYYYYYAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Acrobatics check to jump into Melee with the two zombies closest to Jack.

Acrobatics
[roll0]

Attack the Zombie on the left, used a Point of destiny from Jack and from the Sword to enhance damage. Power Attack active. Charge if I pass the Acrobatics check (Can't fail).

Attack
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Crit?
[roll3]

Bonus Damage
[roll4]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-04, 10:40 PM
The civilians attack the zombies with sharpened sticks but their attacks appear to be mostly ineffective.

Vincent
Scorpion

Gorthok
2015-05-04, 10:48 PM
Vincent

Striding with purpose, Vincent whispers a silent prayer to Shiva and the Planet to make his aim true. Smoothly pulling Quicksilver free of it's holdster, He crouches next to Jacket and uses the top of the barricade to support his weapon.

"Die... and be free of your Sin."

Moving next to Jacket, drawing Quicksilver as I move. Once there, I take aim at the closest zombie and spend a grit point for an additional 1d6 damage.

First Shot:
Damage: [roll]1d8+1d6+6

Confirm Crit: [roll1]
Crit Damage: [roll2]

Hypername
2015-05-05, 05:45 AM
Scorpion runs across the roof of the building and descends on the other side.
Hiding he sees one remaining zombie
What in the Netherrealm are those things...
He waits there hidden to find the perfect opportunity to strike. He sees four more incoming and braces.
Blood will be shed.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-05, 04:04 PM
The 3 zombies nearest Jack turn to him and swing their fists at him wildly while simultaneously trying to bite him. Two of them manage to rake him with thier fingernails.15 damage. [Fortitude Success!] The filth on their nails stings your cuts but has no ill effects. One of the zombies grabs on to your gi, holding on tight while he tries to bite you. [Currently Grappled]

The zombies in sight of you spring into action and run toward Jack and the 3 civilians. Others seem to trickle in climbing over barriers clumsily in an attempt to take the most direct route toward the commotion.

Comissar
2015-05-06, 03:57 PM
Feeling emboldened by the success of his first spell, Vivi rushes forward from his position. Mr. Scorpion had gotten too close to the zombies for him to safely use Firaga again, but that was fine. He had other magic that would work here.

Raising his hands in front of him, Vivi yelled "Fire!". A gout of fire issued forth form his outstretched hands. Though not nearly as intense as his earlier blast, it still engulfed several Zombies.

Vivi's going to be running over to the point indicated on the map and then casting Burning Hands (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/burning-hands). As an Evocation spell, the Reflex DC for half damage is increased to be DC 16. Unfortunately damage is capped at 5D4, but I didn't really want to hit Scorpion with a second fireball :smalltongue:

Burning Hands Damage - [roll0]

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Screen%20shot%202015-05-06%20at%2021.49.55.png

ODM
2015-05-07, 08:19 PM
Staying at the height of the roof, Storm realizes there are more creatures coming. Be careful. Follow me and I'll lead you towards help. Hopefully the people will follow her as she flies down the path that she is pretty sure will lead to the rest of the group. She stays at the height of the roof so she can see around the area. As she sees another creature, her eyes glow and a storm cloud begins to conjure around the creature, consuming it in sparks and darkness.

Storm flies to the spot I moved her too and casts Aggressive Thundercloud (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/aggressive-thundercloud). The cloud will move using a move action on my part and will remain for 6 total rounds. It will deal [roll0] electric damage. A DC 16 reflex save will negate that damage. It provides 20% concealment to those inside.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-07, 09:47 PM
The civilian locked up with the zombie breaks free as Storm's cloud forms above them. "I don't know who you are lady but we sure do appreciate the help!" As the zombies fall to lightning bolts the two men retreat into the building through a side door.

Gorthok
2015-05-08, 12:43 AM
Vincent

With more rioters pouring out over the lot infront of them, Vincent grits his teeth. Vincent vaults easily over the low wall in front of him and moves next to Jack.

"Watch your eyes!" he yells towards the grappling Jack.

Holstering Quicksilver, Vincent closes his eyes and mumbles silents words to himself. In his right bracer, a pale green glow emminates from one of the jewels set there. Suddenly, Vincent's hands start to glow blue and small sparks of lightning jump from them. Sharply pushing forward toward the line of rioters, Vincent releases a line of destructive lightning through them all!

Move to hex just north of Jack, use Lightning Materia to cast Lighting bolt. Will hit all the zombies in a line from me to the small barricade next to the car.

Lightning Bolt: DC 15 Reflex
Damage: [roll0]

Cleavon
2015-05-08, 01:47 AM
Samurai Jack

Seeing the flash of light and electricity Jack raised an eyebrow at Vincent over his shoulder. He calmly grappled with the zombie, from the smell of this thing it certainly shouldn't be alive. He planted a foot against it and made to get out of it's grasp.

Breaking grapple hopefully.

CMB:
[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-08, 03:58 AM
The bolt of lightning springs from Vincent's arm and four of the creatures drop to the ground and spasm uncontrollably.

Two arms on one Jack pries loose of the zombie's grasp and shoves him back with ease.

The two living corpses next to jack swing and bite for all they are worth. Each one manages to land a single blow.12 damage.
[Fortitude Success!] As unpleasant as the putrid creatures are, you do not feel their illness upon you.
[Grapple Success!] You anticipate their actions well and are able to avoid their grasp.

The rest of the oncoming creatures flood in with surprising speed.

One comes at Vincent at a full sprint and throws a haymaker, catching nothing but air.

Two more running full speed dive on Vivi and tackle him with ease.14 damage
[Fortitude Success!] The filthy ichor stings your wounds but you feel no ill effects.
[Grappled!] The creatures dive on you and prepare to sink their nasty teeth into you.

Hypername
2015-05-08, 05:10 AM
Scorpion runs up to Vivi and attempts to lock down the grappling zombie.
[roll0] to grapple the zombie grappling Vivi.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-09, 01:49 AM
Jacket taps into his serial killer instinct and moves next to Jack and attacks a zombie nearby. (My computer is still down and I can only see the map when an AoE spell is cast and spoilered)I'm in rage now (my sheet has been updated to show changes, and if the head is a weakspot with your zombies then I can sneak attack since the grappling zombie is effectively flat-footed. If not don't add the extra d6.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (+2 damage for using my handaxe with 2 hands)
Sneak attack: [roll2]
Edit: I made 2 attacks after moving when I can only make 1 so I deleted it.

Cleavon
2015-05-09, 07:36 PM
Samurai Jack

Let out grunts of pain as he flt the claws of the creatures tear at him, a bit of blood flowing down one arm. He felt fine though, having taken much more punishment in the many trials of his life. He steeled himself and struck out, slashing out at the wounded zombies in front of him, staying shoulder to shoulder with Vincent, knowing the value of team work against so many opponents.

Stay still and full attack, power attack. Going for the one directly in front of me, then the one to the right of that. Leaving the one in front of Vincent for him.

Attack1
[roll0]

Damage1
[roll1]

Possible Crit?
[roll2]

Bonus Damage
[roll3]

Attack2
[roll]1d20+94/roll]

Damage2
[roll4]

Possible Crit?
[roll5]

Bonus Damage
[roll6]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-11, 02:26 PM
Jack and Jacket manage to dispatch 3 of the zombies in front of them while Scorpion pries the zombie loose from Vivi with ease.

Hypername
2015-05-11, 02:37 PM
GO BACK TO THE NETHERREALM WHERE YOU BELONG

He says as he unleashes a flurry of blows with his fists, knees and feet. The rage for his torture at the hands of Quan Chi fuels his strikes trying to crush the zombie.

Spend one ki point to do one more attack (5 remaining) then Flurry of blows onto the poor schmuck
Attack Rolls
1)[roll0]
2)[roll1]
3)[roll2]
4)[roll3]
Damage Rolls
1)[roll4]
2)[roll5]
3)[roll6]
4)[roll7]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-12, 02:03 AM
Vivi retreats to behind the barrier while the next wave of zombies continue their relentless assault.

3 swarm on Scorpion but only the one he accosted was able to harm him.1 slam, 1 bite: 16 damage.
[Fortitude Success!] The filthy ichor gets in your wounds but you feel no ill effects.
[Grappled!] After biting you one zombie holds on tight and is surprisingly difficult to shake off.

The one attacking Vincent lands a wild fist.1 slam: 6 damage
[Fortitude Success!] The filthy ichor is rubbed into your fresh wound but you feel no ill effects.
[Grapple Defended!] You manage to wriggle loose from the creature's grasp.

Another stands and swings at Jack to no avail.

Yet another approaches Jacket but its awkward movements make its attack entirely ineffective as it nearly trips over its own feet.

Gorthok
2015-05-12, 02:57 AM
Vincent

Vincent, rubbing his stinging chest where the rioter last slammed into him, staggered backward in an attempt to catch his balance. Using the power of the blow, Vincent rolled away from the ensuing mob and found himself standing behind the wounded Samurai.

"... Your wounds look somewhat serious, allow me to assist you with them."

Whispering more, another pale green glow illuminates Vincent's visage as a green glow surrounds Jack's wounds. Slowly, each cut started to stitch themselves together, and each bruise started to fade.

Take a 5ft step to behind Jack and Chickenhead. Cast 1 use of Cure Moderate Wounds on Jack.
Cure Moderate Wounds: [roll0]

Comissar
2015-05-12, 03:04 AM
Vivi hit the ground hard, the wind being knocked out of him, as the zombie grabbed him. He raised a hand to try and shield himself from the creature when it is suddenly yanked off of him. Pushing himself up to his feet, he rushed back to a safer distance. Back behind the cover of a barrier, he finally turned to see who his savior was. Mr. Scorpion was struggling against a big group of the undead creatures, and more were pouring in. Vivi hesitated. Mr. Scorpion had just saved him, but he also had to look at the bigger picture. Raising his hands, he muttered "Sorry Mr. Scorpion, I'll help you soon, I promise."

Vivi turned his attention back toward the beleaguered defenders, "Fire!"

Including a description for the previous rounds actions. Vivi will be using his Flame Arc (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/arcanist/arcane-exploits/flame-arc-su) arcanist's exploit at the targetted spaces. Reflex DC 17 to halve the below damage.

[roll0]

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Screen%20shot%202015-05-12%20at%2009.03.17.png

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-12, 10:16 AM
Jacket runs behind Scorpion and axes the zombie grappling him.attack: [roll0]
Sneak attack: [roll2]

Cleavon
2015-05-13, 01:39 AM
Samurai Jack

Kept his sword flashing, cutting through the enemies on his way to help Scorpion.

Keep up the full attack business. Power Attack, whole works. Attack1 against the damaged one to the south, Attack2 at the freshie to the North.

Attack1
[roll0]

Damage1
[roll1]

Possible Crit?
[roll2]

Bonus Damage
[roll3]

Attack2
[roll4]

Damage2
[roll5]

Possible Crit?
[roll6]

Bonus Damage
[roll7]

Hypername
2015-05-13, 03:38 PM
Scorpion screams in pain HOW DARE YOU
and ruthlessly attacks the zombie kneeing him
Flurry of blows
1)[roll0]
2)[roll1]
3)[roll2]

Hypername
2015-05-13, 03:41 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-15, 12:41 AM
Scorpion manages to break free of the zombie clinging to him. Jack and Jacket fell a few more while the rest continue to close in.

Jack once again faces an onslaught of fists and bites. His warrior instinct fends off the majority of their attacks.1 bite: 9 damage.
[Fortitude Success!] You feel no ill effects.
[CMD Success!] Your shrug off the walking corpse's attempt to cling to you.

Scorpion blocks and parries many blows from the zombies that approach him but one manages to get through.1 slam: 7 damage.
[CMD Success!] Your shrug off the walking corpse's attempt to cling to you.

Jacket takes a running haymaker to the temple and is tackled to the ground.1 slam: 6 damage
[Grappled!] The rioter uses his momentum to slam you to the ground and jumps on top of you. It now looks as if he is going to try to bite you in the face. How crude!

Comissar
2015-05-15, 03:26 AM
With most of the zombies now clear of the defenders, Vivi turned his attention back to Mr. Scorpion. More and more of the creatures were swarming in, if he didn't act soon then they were going to be overwhelmed.

"Firaga!"

A second conflagration erupts from the ground, consuming a dozen of the undead.

Casting Vivi's second Flaring (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/flaring-spell-metamagic) Fireball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fireball) at the encircled area.

Fireball Damage - [roll0] (DC 18 Reflex for half, Dazzled condition lasts 3 rounds).

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Screen%20shot%202015-05-15%20at%2009.16.54.png

ODM
2015-05-16, 07:52 AM
Seeing the calming of zombies in her area, she hopes that inside the building was a safe location for those people. She flies back in the direction of the roof and sees the progress her new companions have made. These creatures seem to have dwindled to about 10. Her friends are having varying degrees of success in holding them off. She spots a small group who haven't quite reached the rest. She ends hovering at roof level in front of the group. Hault! Or as my dear friend Bobby would say... "freeze." She can't help but smile as she blasts the creatures with snow and ice.

First, sorry for the temporary absense and also now I understand the markings you place on the zombies better.
Storm will be using Frost Fall: 5ft Radius. Lasts three rounds The area of this spell is covered in chilling frost, dealing 2d6 points of cold damage to all creatures within it. Creatures that the spell initially damages must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 16) or become staggered for 1 round. The area remains chilled for the spell’s duration. Any creature that starts your turn within the spell’s area takes 1d6 points of cold damage (Fortitude saving throw for half) but does not become staggered even on a failed saving throw.
I have circled the center and put a blue dot on each spot affected by the spell.
Damage: [roll0]

Cleavon
2015-05-16, 09:10 PM
Samurai Jack

Saw that burst of fire, and so many of the things fall that he gave out a shout of triumph.

"Excellent work my friends! We have them now, drive the rest of these monsters back!"

His sword flashed out at the two closest to him, seeking to end this fight before any more blood was shed.

Full attack the two to the north of me, injured one first.

Attack1
[roll0]

Damage1
[roll1]

Possible Crit?
[roll2]

Bonus Damage!
[roll3]

Attack2
[roll4]

Damage2
[roll5]

Possible Crit?
[roll6]

Bonus Damage!
[roll7]

Gorthok
2015-05-17, 05:19 AM
Vincent

Shielding his eyes from the eruption on the other side of the parking lot, Vincent watches as the smoldering bodies lifelessly stumble over and stop moving. In front, Jack fluidly slashes at more rioters, moans escaping from them as they also fall one after another. Staying behind Jack, Vincent moves forward with him... expertly sniping rioters from Jack's blind spots.

Full attack the zombie directly infront of Jack.
Damage: [roll1] If hit, spend grit for [roll2]

Confirm Crit: [roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]

Attack #2: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] If hit, spend grit for [roll7]

Confirm Crit: [roll8]
Crit Damage: [roll9]

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-17, 01:17 PM
Because a handaxe is a light weapon I can attack when grappled, and the zombie should be taking a penalty to it's AC equal to what I take for my attack. I will just roll normally, but without the damage bonus for using both hands.Attack: [roll0]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-18, 03:13 PM
Punches and kicks from Scorpion take down the remaining few zombies.

The men behind the barrier cheer before retreating back inside the house. "That was truly incredible! Come inside if you need a place to hunker down for a while!"

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-18, 04:20 PM
Jacket stands up amazed he survived as he was very use to the concept of being being knocked down meaning your dead, but since he could not sense that he traversed game systems as well as states he felt that he was not sent on a suicide mission after all. After standing up he went to check on his car and get the pig mask so he could wash it off with a hose or in a sink (if there is still running water) and use it. If the pig mask cannot be cleaned I will use the owl mask to spot secrets.

Cleavon
2015-05-18, 09:27 PM
Samurai Jack

Hopped up onto a nearby barricade and scanned the area, the sound of his sword whipping out, any gore or blood flicked clean of it and then the steel on steel of it slipping back into it's sheath.

"It is nothing. We could not allow those insane creatures to over run you. Thank you for the offer of kindness. Perhaps you can tell us more of what is going on here?"

Jack hopped down off the barricade and approached the men, putting his hands together and bowing his head solemnly once at a comfortable distance.

"You can call me Jack. I have recently made the acquaintance of Storm, Vivi, Vincent, Scorpion, and Jacket. It is good to now make your acquaintance."

He gestured to each of his companions as he spoke their names.

ODM
2015-05-19, 09:16 AM
Storm lands in front of the barricade. Is everyone alright? Are we sure the coast is clear? I'll scout the area and be back shortly. Assuming everyone is alright and nobody has any objections, Storm will fly high and make a large circle around the building to be sure that they really have defeated all of them.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-19, 10:48 PM
The streets are choked with the walking dead but they do not appear to be headed toward your location. Some stand about where they are, while others shamble closer to the inner city. The two in the pool seem to be unable to find their way out, while sever others in nearby yards are stymied by similar snares. Also everything you see, such as the cars in the lot and the yacht at the end of the dock are all there.

Inside the house
You enter to see 5 men in makeshift armor. Rolled up magazines duct taped to form bracers, leather jackets with grommets and other odds and ends sewed into them, steel toed work boots along with knee and elbow pads. Two of them appear to be nursing woulds. Women and children are hard at work repairing clothing and dispensing water. Against one wall there are stacks of canned food that nearly reach the ceiling. Against another wall there are several rifles, tools such as axes and machetes, along with dozens of sharpened sticks thicker than a man's thumb.

A man steps forward. His weathered wrinkled face has a long brown and gray beard and his eyes give him a look as if he has not slept in a great while. "Greetings. I'm Christopher but my friends call me Jick. You folks really pulled our asses out of the fire. If they had gotten past the second barricade we would have had to use those." He motions toward the rifles against the wall. "As you all well know they make a hell of a lot of noise, which to be honest is the reason so many of those numbnuts were here in the first place. Not to mention ammunition being precious. I lost ten good friends to all of the looting that went on at the start of this whole mess." He pauses to wipe the sweat off his brow. "Anyway, I'm starting to ramble. So... we can't thank you folks enough. I don't know what all the flying and pyrotechnics is all about but we're sure glad you showed up when you did. To be quite honest, the cap came off the krazy glue months ago so really all bets are off. Ghengis Khan could walk through that door juggling cheese danishes and I wouldn't bat an eyelash."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-20, 04:04 AM
"So I guess I wasn't seeing things? I could have sworn all this magic stuff was just the drugs. I'm one to talk, since I could fire one of those rifles without making a sound." Jacket strolls over to the wall of guns and picks one out as he's speaking. Then he takes some more acid while he's relatively safe and sits down quietly thinking about the chaotic events befaling the world with no clear explanation. Why do people know magic, why are people turning into mindless canables, and will there be a crime organization to go back to.

Edit: I switch to owl mask as well.

Cleavon
2015-05-20, 04:18 AM
Samurai Jack

Took a seat and listened to the man speak, rubbing his chin a bit as he heard the strange things the man had to say. It seemed these people were indeed under siege and quite trapped. It would only be a matter of time before they were over run.

"This has only been going on for a matter of months? The destruction is grand in scale. I am sorry your world has had such a fate befall it. I must ask though...I am used to seeing such things as my companions, are they not common to this world? I myself came here through a magical portal...something that was seemingly common practice from whence I came."

Jack stood and shrugged his shoulders a bit and then bowed his head to Jick.

"We would appreciate your hospitality such as it is, I believe. I do not think this place is secure enough though, to last indefinitely. Perhaps on the morrow we could discuss either reinforcing this place or perhaps scout out a way for us all to move to a safer location, if one exists."

Hypername
2015-05-20, 05:49 AM
Scorpion observes the room and notices the weapons and the "armour" those people are wearing.
However the image of those zombies won't get out of his head. He considers and then speaks.
Greetings. I am Scorpion. I agree with my fellow traveler Jack on this. It's not safe here. We need to either move or reinforce the place.

He thinks for a second

Christopher we need to talk. I have some questions to ask.

Comissar
2015-05-20, 05:58 PM
With the fighting over, at least for the meantime, Vivi lowered his hands slowly.

"Umm... Oww..."

Without the threat of imminent death, his injuries suddenly felt much more pressing. He hunched forward slightly, hand pressed to his side to try and fight the pain. Looking between his compatriots, he asked "Umm... Can any of you cast white magic..?"

ODM
2015-05-20, 08:45 PM
After examining the area and being satisfied about the safety of the house for the moment, she returns to the home. As she enters she hears some comments about needing to move or fortify the current location. I have some ideas about what we can do to decrease our risk.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-21, 02:40 AM
Jick

"So you've just arrived here? That would certainly explain why we haven't seen anything like you folks before now. Not long after this all started, the military responded. They caused a lot of destruction but all in all they didn't seem to help much. Im not really sure where things stand with the government or the rest of the country but we have the supplies we have. We can't afford to take on more useless mouths but it would seem you folks are beyond useful. A godsent really." One of the passing women scowls at Jick. "We've got a few plans in the 'maybe pile' but we were hoping to salvage a bit more in the way of supplies before doing anything drastic. If you've got questions I'm willing to tell you anything I can."

Gorthok
2015-05-21, 03:05 AM
Vincent

Walking into the house, Vincent sets himself against a wall nearby the door and begins to clean and check Quicksilver. He listens halfheartedly to Jick's mention of the current situation befalling the world. Thoughts of Hojo and his evil machinations drifted forward into his mind. This whole situation Vincent and his group have found himself must be Hojo's doing. Suddenly, Vincent is pulled from his thoughts when he hears the click of Quicksilver's hammer lock to position. Looking down, he sees that he holds it at the ready, but a hair away from firing.

As the white haired woman enters the home, Vincent stands in surprise.

"Greetings, My name is Vincent. I saw you with the rest of them that joined Chickenhead and myself to fight these rioters. What is your name?"

At the request of the young mage, Vincent kneels in front of him and places a hand to his side. A pale glow eminates from his bracer as green waves pass over the area sewing back together his wounds.

"There you are young one... Do try to be more cautious next time."

Stand at the door keeping watch for more zombies, when Vivi askes about healing, kneel down towards him and cast Cure Mod wounds off my cure materia.

Cure Mod: [roll0]

Cleavon
2015-05-23, 02:33 AM
Samurai Jack

Notes the woman's scornful look, in such trying times it would indeed be strange for new faces to arrive, he figured. Especially if they are stockpiling food and the like. He stood and cinched his belt a bit tighter and then turned to Storm.

"I was wondering, was there anything particularly interesting that you saw on your flight about to check the area? I imagine these people have cleaned out anything close by but if the immediate area is free of those creatures we could perhaps scout out some new locations to bring supplies back from. I believe of course that we could safely get anything needed for such a journey."

Turning back to Jick for a moment he gave the man a smile.

"Perhaps you could share with us some of your plans for leaving? We could discuss them and see which one has the best chance of success and then attempt to put that plan into action."

Jack of course, didn't care who these people were. They were in great danger and his mind had turned wholly to getting them out of it.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-23, 07:56 PM
Jick

"Well, we've got the boat out back with enough supplies to serve as an emergency exit if we need. One plan is to reinforce this area and try to wait this whole thing out. Another is to get as far away from the city as possible but that would require us to move more supplies than I think we can fit on the boat. We maybe have enough fuel for a couple trips but we have yet to scout out a good place to land."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-24, 12:52 AM
Though he could not be 100% sure of anything at this point Jacket assumes these creatures can't spread to fast while being distracted by sound. "Well nothing like this was going on in Miami before I left so unless this disease had multiple points of origin we should be able to outrun them in the boat, but when these dudes arive how bad would it be to go through the chaos of looting again?"

ODM
2015-05-24, 08:29 AM
Storm turns to Vincent and offers a light smile. Nice to meet you Vincent. My name is Ororo but many know me by the name Storm.

As Vivi falls she turns her attention to him and watches as Vincent heals him. Now that is an impressive trick.

Finally she turns her attention to the conversation unfolding. At the mention of being able to fit on the boat she says, We don't need a place to land. We need a bigger boat.

Comissar
2015-05-24, 06:56 PM
Vivi nods with gratitude as Vincent heals him, "Thanks..."

At Storm's comment, he looks up at the woman. "I guess you don't have White Magic here then?"

With a thoughtful look in his eyes, Vivi looks down at the ground for several long moments. "Umm... This might sound like a strange question... But what world is this? I don't think it's Terra..." He looks up again, "I know it's not Gaia..." He turns his attention over to Jack, "And you said it's not your world either. When I first got here, I thought it was because I'd died. That this might be what comes next. But the way you're talking makes it sound like you've never died, so that doesn't make sense."

Vivi went quiet again as he contemplated what he'd learned, "Mr. Jick? You said all these zombies only appeared a few months ago. We have them back on Gaia. If I came from there, maybe they did too? Maybe we just have to find a way to stop them getting through?"

ODM
2015-05-24, 07:35 PM
Storm thinks about Vivi's words and her own method of appearing here before responding. As far as I can tell, this is earth, or at least an earth. I came from one similar but farther in the future. I came back to try to prevent the fate that befell my world from befalling another. Perhaps I will have to prevent something even worse than the rise of Apocalypse in this one.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-25, 03:31 AM
Jick

His eyebrows rise and his jaw drops. Clearly despite his acceptance of the uncanny he is in awe of your actual situations. "Soooo... You say that you died? And you say that you are some sort of time traveler? Last year I would never have believed anything of the sort but now I would love to hear all of your stories." Jick gives Jacket a weary look. His expressions implies a combination of fear and awe as Jacket picks up his guns and inspects them with impunity. "And you sir, clearly you are some sort of athlete. Are you some sort of savant with firearms? How is it that you can fire a gun without making noise? In our world we have silencers but **** me if I know where to find one. They're illegal and hard to find, and to boot they don't make 'em for supersonic rifles like the one you're holding." Jick looks out of breath and about to pass out.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-05-25, 04:58 PM
"I don't know magic like most of my new partners, but each of my masks do strange things."

Cleavon
2015-05-27, 11:24 PM
Samurai Jack

Noticing the way Jick was laboring for breath and seemed on the verge of collapse jack went to his side and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Easy...the excitement of recent events may have over exerted you sir. Please, rest for a while and we shall all tell you all about our origins later. For now you must think about your health."

Jack looked up and called out to any of the other survivors who were nearby.

"Water, please, he needs something cool and a place to lie until he can regain his strength."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-28, 02:40 AM
Jick

"NO!!!... Im so sorry, I mean... potable water is by far our most precious commodity. I assure you I am fine. Perhaps I will sit for a spell. hehehe. spell. ahhhhhhh..."

Gorthok
2015-05-30, 10:03 PM
Vincent

Keeping watch out of the doorway, Vincent adjusts his cloak. The sound of Jick sputtering returned his attention to the conversation around the table. Seeing that the old man seemed to get his breathing under control, Vincent returned to his watch at the doorway, hoping to not get caught off guard by the rioters again!

Continue to keep watch at the door.
Perception: [roll0]

ODM
2015-05-31, 03:00 AM
Could someone bring me a bowl or something. A cup would work. Once the empty container is brought to her, Storm waves her hand over the cup and a cloud appears directly above it, filling it with water. ((Cast create water.)) She then offers it to Jick. That is not a problem.

Hypername
2015-05-31, 05:43 AM
When did those creatures appear? Do you have any idea what happened? I guess it's important

Scorpion asks Jick

Did you notice anything weird before their arrival? Did you feel anything strange or unusual?

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-31, 08:15 PM
Jick

"Now THAT is quite a useful ability! You can do that at will? And its potable? Amazing!" After taking a sip he hands the bowl off to the older lady who brought the bowl from the other room.

"So here's what happened. Im not sure how much you know so I'll assume you know nothing. Please bear with me if any of this is a rehash." Jick clears his throat and takes a deep breath. "You see, it all started about a year ago. There were all sorts of strange sightings. UFOs, Bigfoot, monsters lurking in the dark, vampires skulking about at night, that sort of thing. Most sensible folk ignored it, but it didn't take long for the conspiracy theories to start. Most involved some sort of government cover up of the aforementioned phenomena." Jick wipes his forehead. "Then people started going missing including key government officials. Maybe they went into one of their secret bunkers, maybe they were being taken by some sort of baddies. No one really knows. Once we stopped hearing from the president, things really went off the rails. Not long after that cities started losing power and water services. Once we lost cable and internet access here in the Big Apple we lost our link to the rest of the world. From that point on we only know whats been happening in our neck of the woods. Rioting, looting, every man for himself. Working with my family and a few friends and neighbors we waited out the worst of it. Once it appeared safe to go around salvaging supplies it seemed most of the people in the city had turned into some sort of walking corpses. Terrifying as they are, at least they don't compete with us for food and supplies. At this point most of the roads are impassible and what serviceable cars you can find have nothing in the gas tank. Even still, gas turns to sludge before too long so mostly you would have to find sealed barrels, something which we are lucky enough to have a few of. Anyway, we've been fighting off these creatures as best we can, but its hard to hurt them with nothing but sharpened sticks and baseball bats. Then you folks came along. Its been a tough year and we weren't sure how much longer we were going to be able to hold out here."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-06-01, 12:52 AM
"Well until I hear from one of my bosses I'll stick around and help. Perhaps we could even escape the city and find an island, but for now is there a safe place for me to park my car?"

Hypername
2015-06-01, 05:25 AM
So those things just showed up. I see. I agree with Jacket. We have to get away from here as soon as possible and fight a safer place to settle.
Scorpion bows down, leaving the conversation and walks towards Jack.
The people here have no idea what is going on. I am interested in investigating but it seems highly dangerous. What do you think I should do?
he whispers to him.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-01, 08:54 PM
Jick

"mmm. Yes perhaps it would be shrewd to move on. Ill show you around a bit and let you take a look at the boat. As for your vehicle, you can park wherever you would like. We can make an opening in the barricade. We've been needing to do some rebuilding on it anyway."

The rest of the building has various stacks of nonperishables, bottled water, and improvised weapons. The yacht has more of the same, along with a few barrels of fuel.

ODM
2015-06-01, 09:33 PM
During the tour, at different points, Storm would propose the following statements/questions.

At seeing the bottled water. Do not fear drinking. Just let me know when we need more.

At seeing the weapons. Has anything particular been effective against the creatures?

If they come across the barricade at any point. What type of watch system has been established?

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-01, 10:38 PM
Jick

Jick gladly answers Storm's questions as they are posed.

"From now on we shall save our empty bottles. In fact we still have a few, along with come canteens if you would care to fill them for us. Water not being an issue will make treating wounds a great deal easier as well. Something that has been...well...problematic." Jicks face turns grim and he goes silent for the next few minutes. He has the look of someone trying to hold back their emotions.

"I can tell you that superficial wounds don't seem to stop them. You can hit them in the arm with a bat hard enough to break the bone, but their grip remains strong. Smashing their skull is a different story though. Likewise stabbing at them with spears does little to nothing. They don't seem to bleed. It's as if they really have died and their blood has clotted or already been drained. But what he did..." Jick points at Jack. "Cutting them apart, making it so that even if they could can carry on they are nothing but a pile of bodyparts. As far as conventional weapons go, that is the first thing I have seen work." Jick appears ponderous for a moment. "Oh, and hypothetically speaking, if someone were able to conjure fiery explosions that burn them to cinders, that would also do the trick." Jick gives Vivi a sly grin. A brief show of positive emotion in a man who has the look of a beaten dog.

"Our watch system consists of posting someone on the roof at all times." At this part of the tour you can see where there has been a hole cut in the ceiling of the attic with a ladder. "We wired a simple signal. When creeps are spotted, the watchman hits this switch here and it turns on a light downstairs. There are always a couple of us awake at all times so we can get everyone else up. So far it's been pretty quiet though. We don't do much to attract them so we've only ever had to fend off a few small waves, 'cept for that one time we fired off guns like a bunch of Annie Oaklies. We had our hands full that day but we learned our lesson." Jick begins to move on then appears to have an afterthought. "Oh, we've got some cheat sheets with Morse code too. We've all committed it to memory in case it ever comes in handy. ... Also, we have a set of night vision goggles. Along with some of those rifles its what we could salvage off the fallen soldiers. Its hard salvage though. Lost a lot of friends trying to fight over it. Never enough time to get body armor or anything like that. Just what you can grab and run."

ODM
2015-06-01, 10:59 PM
Storm smiles during the water bottles.. I will gladly refill any that you have when convenient for you. I am deeply sorry about your losses thus far. Hopefully, while we are here, we can bring that to a minimum.

She nods in response to the details of killing them and smiles to Vivi at the reference to his abilities.

She pays close attention to the details of the watch. When I would not serve more useful elsewhere, I would gladly take the night shift. The entire night shift. I need very little sleep and this will allow more rest for your men. I can also get a higher view if needed. During the day, I would be interested in whatever tasks would help the group but I believe I could be particular help in the salvaging supplies department.

Cleavon
2015-06-01, 11:45 PM
Samurai Jack

Looks to Scorpion and gave him a light smile.

"Worry not friend, we are still figuring out exactly what we are up against here. We'll certainly be investigating this matter more fully and making sure that we can help these people. I too wish to act, but we should make sure we know everything we can before we head out. Worry not...we'll kill more of these foul creatures before long."

He turned a bit and listened to Jick, thinking for a few minutes. Perhaps it would be good if they did some scouting missions first, mainly sending out their main reconnaissance asset if she was willing.

He addressed Storm then.

"Thank you for helping them..the water is quite miraculous, you and Vivi seem to possess extraordinary power. Once we have things settled here perhaps we can work on fortifications while you take a short, and safe, flight around to see where the best place to start out supply gathering might be? Perhaps someone can map out any places they might have already searched so we are sure to hit places they haven't already been."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-06-02, 12:49 AM
"Jick, repairing the barricade is good, but what if we made some ramps. That way we can get cars over the wall and pull them up when I'm here at your place. Vehicles will be useful for salvaging more stuff, and if storm finds fuel while flying around we can bring back way more then I'll use."

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-02, 04:51 AM
Jick

"Well im open to suggestions. Whatever we can do to help. We got stuff to make ramps, and a tube to siphon gas out of the cars in the lot."

"You're welcome to look for more salvage but I have to warn you that most of the good stuff has probably fallen into the hands of some pretty unsavory characters. You see... not everyone out there is on the same team. A few of the friends I'v lost weren't to the creatures you fought today." Jick takes a deep breath and gathers himself.

"Not long after the military showed up and everything went tits up for them everyone wanted to loot their bodies. Its a sad thing that the noble members of our armed forces had to go the way they did, but, well, once it became clear that things weren't going to get any better, its better to take whatever we can get our hands on... So anyway, there's plenty of fallen soldiers with rifles, body armor, boots, packs, and other gadgets that could do us all lots of good. There were a few of then nearby so we go to get what we can. We wait for the creeps to wander off then try to strip them best we can. Turns out some other folks had the same idea and they weren't about to let us steal their thunder. No sooner than we could grab a couple of rifles and a pair of goggles they start shooting. Did a few of my friends in and sent the rest of us running. ...Jerks made off with the hard-to-get stuff, y'know the armor and whatnot that takes time to get off 'em." Jick sighs and shakes his head. "Anyway, just thought I'd warn you. Im sure you can handle yourselves, but It wouldn't be right to not tell you all I can."

Hypername
2015-06-02, 07:25 AM
Scorpion tells Jack The thing is, I feel strangely weak ever since I came here. I feel like my powers have pretty much faded. It can't be a disease since I no longer can get sick, so it must be something else.
So the walking dead shrug off any injury except from incineration,decapitation or absolute destruction of their mortal shell? Fighting them off with those weapons is rather pointless then. You need something bigger and harder hitting.Also on the first chance we might want to communicate with people leaving in other places, to see if the situation is similar there. I am going to take a small sleep and I'll get the night shift with Storm. Four eyes are better than two.
Scorpion considers.
I can always be a scout and a pathfinder. I was trained in that. Also if you wever need someone to *ehm* convince others to leave you in peace or join you, I can do that too.
During the night shift Scorpion tells Storm the same thing he told Jack Am I the only one who noticed a decrease in strength and power ever since I got here? I used to be able to teleport and conjure fire, but no more. It's strange, you know.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-06-02, 12:06 PM
"I actually feel a bit weak since I can usually cripple or kill someone in a single blow, but these corpses are fortunately slower and less armed then who I usually fight."

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-03, 12:01 AM
Jick

"I'd be in favor of you folks taking the night watch if you want. One of you can use the goggles but we need them back. They're the only pair we got."

Comissar
2015-06-03, 02:04 AM
Vivi looks unsure to react at the references to his magic. "Umm... I'm just glad I can help..."

He listens to the rest of the conversation passively from then on. Jick's description of the event's leading up to this gave him pause. While some of the things he was describing sounded at least vaguely familiar, others did not. He had no idea what a UFO could be. The talk of supplies and the sorting of watches just made him miss his friends, that had always been something that Zidane and Steiner would argue about. It all seemed to be sorted without issue this time, though.

He wasn't feeling particularly tired yet, though. Mr. Scorpion had gone on watch, but Mr. Jack was still down here. He walked over to the man, then sat down next to him. "Mr. Jack. Do you mind if I ask what your world was like? It seems so strange to think we're all from different worlds."

Cleavon
2015-06-03, 07:23 AM
Mr. Jack was still down here. He walked over to the man, then sat down next to him. "Mr. Jack. Do you mind if I ask what your world was like? It seems so strange to think we're all from different worlds."

Samurai Jack

Had been fishing about inside the arm of his robe at the moment, and produced a small bag containing pungent t ea leaves, along with a small ceramic cup. He set them in front of him and got up to fetch a small modicum of water, looking about for some way to make fire.

He looked up when Vivi approached and bowed his head to the small person.

"Of course you may, my new friend. I come from two worlds, to be honest. The first was where I was born. A peaceful kingdom where my father ruled the land. An ancient evil overtook us, a shape shifting wizard. The Dreaded Aku. My mother and I fled. I was but a child then. I trained myself in many ways of combat all over my world. My world was not unlike this one, though it had no technology. I returned to my Mother, and she bestowed upon me the Sword of Destiny, with which I could defeat Aku, once and for all. I confronted him. Our battle was pitched, and I took the upper hand. Before the final blow was struck, Aku used his foul magics to open a portal in time, and flung me into the future. There his evil was law. I traveled the future world endlessly looking for a way go back and undo the past. I finally found a way. A portal guarded by the strongest and wisest protector that I have ever encountered. I defeated me time and again. I was not ready to go back and confront my past. However. I was presented another option. I could come here. I was told that if I entered the portal, and followed whatever fate destiny had in store for me here, that I would be able to one day return and right the wrongs done to my people, and end the reign of Aku."

Jack sat back and took out a tiny piece of cloth, placing the tea leaves into it and twisting it closed, making a small pouch to prepare his tea once he found something to heat his water. He looked to Vivi and gave the child a wide smile.

"My story is a bit of a long one I suppose. I am just glad to know that others are here to help this world as well. They certainly seem to need it. Where is it you come from exactly, Vivi?"

Comissar
2015-06-03, 04:35 PM
Vivi listened with interest to Jack's description of his world. When he'd finished, he stayed quiet for a moment while he thought. Noticing that he was looking to make a hot drink for himself, he reached out and whispered "Fire."

A spark leapt from his gloved hands, igniting the little pile of fuel that Jack had gathered for himself.

When Jack asked him about where he was from, he lowered his head, the broad brim of his hat hiding his eyes from sight. "I'm... From a world called Gaia. It's really really different to this place, there's fields and forests everywhere on my home continent. I'm from a part of it that was near a city called 'Treno'." Vivi tilts his head back, now, looking at the ceiling, "It's a really pretty place, there are always stars in the sky. I travelled all over with my friends, we were trying to stop the Queen of Alexandria from taking over the world, and then we had to stop a man called Kuja from destroying it." Vivi grabs the rim of his hat, shaking his head at the memory, "He was really scary, he even managed to blow up Terra before we could stop him. I think... I think he did it because he was scared of dying, and he let it make him really angry..." Looking pensively at the fire, he reflects on that thought for a few moments, "In the end Zidane went to try and save him, though. He always wanted to help people, I think you would've liked him... Everyone was so worried for him, but we had to let him go on his own... I hope he made it out ok." Vivi looks down again, "I really wish I could've seen him again..."

He sniffs, looking back up at Jack again with his bright eyes, "It's ok, though. I knew I probably wouldn't see him again. We found out that Black Mages don't live long when we helped them make a village, so I knew I didn't have all that long left to live. I miss everyone a lot, but it was my time to... Stop. And then... And then I was here, and I don't really know how or why..."

Vivi trails off into silence, uncertain of what else he could say.

I'm working on the assumption that Jack has some kind of fuel ready to use to heat his tea. If he does, Vivi will be casting Spark (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spark) to ignite it.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-04, 10:52 PM
Jick

"Interesting stories. It seems you folk come from some fascinating places. We've still got a few hours of sunlight, so feel free to make yourselves at home."

Cleavon
2015-06-04, 11:17 PM
Samurai Jack

Thanked Vivi for the light with a small nod of his head and began to prepare his tea. He listened as he steeped the leaves in the liquid, finally taking them out and sitting back with the warm cup in his hands, the tiny fire crackling a bit and beginning to gutter out now that he had stopped feeding small bits of tinder to it. He sipped his tea and then looked to Vivi, a smile on his face.

"You come from an interesting place, Vivi. I would not worry if I were you. If what I was told about coming to this place is true I would not doubt that you others who were called here are also meant to be here. I feel that once we have served our purpose here we will once again see our true homes."

Dr.Orpheus
2015-06-05, 02:31 PM
Jacket has a cigarette while doing some sit-ups and push-ups. "Can't get out of shape, this is no less dangerous then any other job" he thinks. Then he switches to sprinting back and forth across a room and will sleep with his new rifle in the attic where he's nearby the watch post. If ramps are made he will stop exercising to move his car, and if anyone needs to keep up their strength he welcomes them to join, but will be fairly antisocial otherwise.

ODM
2015-06-08, 01:32 PM
Storm listens to Jack's suggestion. I will be happy to do scouting missions starting in the morning. Right now I would like to get a few hours rest before the watch. Once we settle all of this business that is.

Before the watch, Storm rests for two hours and awakens fully rested.

On the night watch, Storm replies to Scorpion. I am not quite as powerful as I was before coming here but I'm not sure it is a concern. Perhaps this world works differently. From what I can see, even in our weakened state, we are some of, if not the, most powerful beings in this world.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-08, 08:13 PM
Night falls and Storm and Jacket take the watch. With a good view from the sky storm can see that nothing is approaching from outside the perimiter. However, when the night reaches its apex and it becomes pitch dark outside there is movement outside of the building. Its hard to tell where it came from. Its as if two creatures just appeared there. They have a vaguely humanoid shape but appear to be made out of the night itself. They float as if weightless and are only visible due to the contrast against the ground below them.just to be thorough, the night vision goggles are the normal kind which amplify light, not to be confused with thermal imaging which would basically do no good in trying to spot undead. There is no light to amplify as far as these creatures go, but there is for everything else, so in essence they are visible by contrast. it makes for quite an unnerving sight.

The creatures float around for a moment before you hear them speak. Though they are far away, their whispers can be heard clearly as if they were whispering in your ear. One sais "fiiiiiiiiire." and the other replies "firaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaa." Their mannerisms suggest that they are searching for something.they aren't actually casting spells. they are just saying the words.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-06-09, 10:50 AM
Jacket hesitates for a moment cause he can't shoot a gun silently while wearing the mask allowing him to see. He goes to flip the warning light on and then hides in the hole in the roof until the shadows get close enough to attack in melee.

Hypername
2015-06-09, 12:01 PM
Scorpion hides in the shadows to surpise the creatures.
[roll0]

Cleavon
2015-06-10, 05:33 PM
Samurai Jack

Blinked his eyes open as the warning light blared into his vision, having slept somewhere that he would easily be roused if there was trouble. He pushed the ratty blanket off of him and stood, wearing only a tightly wound white loin cloth. He grabbed up his robe and pulled it on, tying it closed with his belt and placing the sword of destiny in it's place. He quickly made his way to one of the exits and surveyed the surrounding area.

"How many of them are there?"

He would ask who ever was nearby. Of course he figured there would be another flood of walking corpses.

ODM
2015-06-11, 11:16 AM
Storm, while watching for signs of the creatures, Storm notices movement. She summons a tiny bolt of lightning near Jacket, who watches from the roof, as was the predetermined signal. She waits just a few moments and does it twice more to let him know that there are only two two.

Leaving Jacket to the responsibility of rallying the troops, she attempts to stay a safe distance above the creatures while still close enough to summon tiny lightning bolts around them in an attempt to get a better look or determine their exact location.

Basically, storm is casting Flare (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flare) a whole bunch. I've refluffed it as summoning a really small cloud and having it emit tiny bolts of lightning that are only effective for the actual results of flare. She would not do it close enough to Jacket to dazzle him. She wouldn't get it any closer than she would have to for him to see it. Then she would start casting it as she got closer to the creatures. It has a range of 40ft. If it manages to appear where it can dazzle them potentially (if they even can be), the DC is 14 Fortitude.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-11, 10:29 PM
Upon Storm giving the signal to Jacket the two creatures on the ground turn their attention to her. "Liiiiiiightniiiiiing." "Electricityyyyyyyy." Both float off the ground as if weightless and begin moving toward the general direction of Storm and Jacket.

Once they have risen close to roof level they split apart. One moves directly toward storm and the other directly toward Jacket. The one moving toward Jacket ignores the walls and doors going through them as if they weren't even there.This was their first action. One is now based to Jacket and the other to Storm. They double moved. They could not charge because they could not see or sense either character until they were within 60' at which point they begin moving directly toward their targets.

Everyone can go now in any order. It takes a full round to get outside, or a full round to move up or down a level inside the house. I think it will be easier to do this combat without a map since its just 2 things and they are moving in 3 dimensions.

Cleavon
2015-06-11, 10:58 PM
Samurai Jack

Jack's eyes go wide when he doesn't see the flood of corpses he expected, so he turned and dashed up the nearest stairway to the second floor, on his way up to the roof to see what is going on.

Gorthok
2015-06-12, 03:32 AM
Vincent

Sleeping soundly against a wall, the flashing light of the warning signal had no effect on Vincent. It wasn't until Jack tumbled by him towards the door in a hurry of feet and hands that Vincent was startled awake.

"*YAWWWWWN* .... What's the commotion?" Vincent asks sleepily towards Jack as the short man rips open the door. After a second of standing there, Jack slams the door uncerimoniously and takes flight up the stairs towards the look out. Finally wiping sleep from his eyes, Vincent pulls himself up and checks to make sure Quicksilver is clear of her holdster, "This can't be good...." Vincent proceeds to follow Jack up the stairs towards the roof.

Take a full round action to follow Jack up to the roof.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-06-12, 10:58 AM
Things passing through solid materials was usually a clear sign of them being a hallucination, but with Storm also seeing them Jacket throws his baseball bat at the creature. Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Comissar
2015-06-12, 03:39 PM
Vivi woke to the blinking red light. It took him a while to remember just what it meant. Leaping to his feet, he rushed up the stairs to the roof. If he could help hold off the attack, he would.

He was surprised, as many of the others appeared to be, at the lack of Zombies. Instead, a pair of ghostly forms were floating through the air. Confusion mounting, he hesitated.

Moving onto the roof

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-13, 01:32 AM
Status: Jacket in on the 3rd floor and based to one of the ghostly creatures. Vivi, Jack and Vincent are on the 2nd floor. Storm is flying around outside the building.

Everyone else on the first floor of the building rouses and rushes to their defensive positions, spears and machetes in hand. a few more grab assault rifles and rush to open a window.

Jacket's bat flied through he creature as though it truly was just a hallucination. The creature near Jacket swings his ghostly arm with a curse. "I bring deaaaaaaaath!"The creature darts through the wall in such a way that it seemed to know exactly where you were standing despite having its vision blocked by the wall. Fortunately it swings so wide that it was unlikely to have hit you even if you stood still. It is unlikely that the ghostly apparition will repeat its ineptitude again though so it is best to be on your guard.

The creature that hones in on storm winds up and reaches out with its dark ghostly hand. "Joiiiiin uuuuus!"The creature reaches out to you but you prove just how effective dodging for your life can be. It was a near miss, and who knows what would happen if this thing actually laid its hands on you.

Dr.Orpheus
2015-06-13, 10:53 AM
Jacket switchs to the owl mask to notice any secrets that could help with the move action I forgot to use last round. If I don't notice a magic weapon lying around then I'll full withdrawal this turn. When other party members show up Jacket warns them "My attacks go right through this guy, use magic or something."

Hypername
2015-06-13, 01:37 PM
Scorpion hears the call for help from Jacket.
HOLD ON, I'M ON MY WAY!
As he rushes to the roof.

Cleavon
2015-06-13, 10:10 PM
Samurai Jack

Continuing his mad dash to get to what was going on, as he made it to the third floor he finally saw jacket backing away from the ghostly apparition. His eyes went wide and he gripped the sword of Destiny tight in both hands. A white glow encased the blade and Jack swept it in the air in front of him as he addressed the incorporeal foe.

"Foul Spirit! What ever business you have here is done, return to the after life or I will send you there myself!"

Full move up to the third floor, swift action to spend a point from arcane pool to give The Sword of Destiny +1, Ghost Touch for 1 minute.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-15, 03:33 PM
The ghostly creature moves straight through the ceiling and descends upon Jacket. Its hand moves through the mans chest not appearing to make any visible wound but the letter jacket soon becomes wet with blood and some of the color seems to leave his face.Lose 1 hp and take 2 points of constitution drain

Cleavon
2015-06-15, 07:37 PM
Samurai Jack

Stood his ground as he saw the thing approach, and when it didn't heed his warning and attacked Jacket anyway he leaped into combat with it, seeking to use the Sword of Destiny to strike it down as he had so eloquently threatened only a moment before.

Charge the Incorporeal baddie. Ghost touch in effect so should be all good, power attack and such. Acrobatics to make it a leaping charge, of course.

Acrobatics
[roll0]

Charge Attack
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-16, 03:55 AM
Jack's attack slashes through the creatures ghostly form causing a large tear. The thing turns its attention to him...

Hypername
2015-06-17, 12:31 AM
Scorpion appears on the roof.
FOUL APPARITION. GO BACK TO THE NETHERREALM WHERE YOU BELONG

Ηe charges at it and with a kick he tries to attack it
Swift action spending 1 ki to make my attacks count as magic weapons
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage Roll (1d8+6)[12]

Comissar
2015-06-19, 02:04 AM
Vivi's hesitation caused him to lower his hands for a moment. These creatures seemed able to simply pass through solid matter. Would his magic even work against them?

He had to try. Raising his hands, he yelled "THUNDER!"

A bolt of lightning leapt forth from his hand, arcing toward the wraith-like creature fighting against Mr. Jack.

Vivi is using the Lightning Lance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/arcanist/arcane-exploits/lightning-lance) exploit. I imagine these creatures are immune to vision impairment, but in case they aren't, it's a DC 16 Fortitude save to prevent it.

Lightning Arc to hit - [roll0]
Lightning Arc Damage - [roll1]
Miss Chance (assuming there's the 50% failure against incorporeal's, ignore otherwise. 1 is a miss, 2 is a potential hit) - [roll2]

Lightning Arc Crit. Confirm (if appropriate) - [roll3]
Lightning Arc Crit. Bonus Damage (if appropriate) - [roll4]

Gorthok
2015-06-19, 04:08 AM
Vincent

Running head long up the stairs, Vincent slides to a stop behind Jack. Pulling free Quicksilver, Vincent lets fly a barrage of fire at the glowing apparition that has appeared in front of Jack.

Assuming I'm within 20ft of the "wraith". Firing 2 shots at the wraith, I'll have ammo for the current magazine in the combat text as well.

Magazine: 9 Rounds - 2 fired = 7 Rounds Remaining in Magazine

First Attack:

Confirm Crit: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Second Attack:
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Confirm Crit: [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-20, 01:22 AM
Vincent's shot causes the creature to shriek as it disappears into a wisp of smoke.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-21, 10:52 PM
Storm staggers down the stairs appearing to be extremely winded. "Brace yourselves! The creature is on its way!" Without skipping a beat another dark ghostly creature streaks through the walls and ceilings charging directly into Storm as if it could detect her location without needing to see her. He lays his dark hand upon her and she shrieks in pain.

Cleavon
2015-06-22, 01:03 AM
Samurai Jack

Saw the first apparition dissolve into mist and took a deep breath. He was about to say something when Storm appeared with another of the floating things following her. He gripped the sword tight and leaped at the new threat, seeking to dispatch it as quickly as the first!

Charging the second apparition much like the first. Acrobatics to jump during the charge.

Acrobatics
[roll0]

Attack1
[roll1]

Damage1
[roll2]

Gorthok
2015-06-22, 02:05 AM
Vincent

Breathing a sigh of relief, Vincent starts to holster Quicksilver when Storm is heard thundering down the stairs from the roof. She gets to barely to speak before a dark hand pushes itself through her chest and she crumples to the floor. A quick pull and Vincent has his sights upon the next wispy terror.

Firing twice on the new wraith that just attacked Storm.

Magazine: 7 Rounds - 2 Fired = 5 Rounds left in magazine

First Attack:

Confirm Crit: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Second Attack:
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Confirm Crit: [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

Hypername