PDA

View Full Version : Story time with Makoto the Demon Samurai

King of Casuals
2015-04-21, 11:51 PM
You guys like storytelling right? Well I had a character that I played as for a while, but as soon as I started to get into it, the DM got tired and decided to quit. As you might guess, I was really disappointed by this. But then I thought, why let his story end here? I'm going to give you guys everything that that there is to know about Makoto Tanaka so that you guys can continue his adventure.

Name: Makoto Tanaka
Race/Class: Tiefling Samurai
Alignment: on the line between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Good
Attributes: Str:20 Dex:18 Con:18 Int:14 Wis:17 Cha:12
Notable Skills: Craft weapon, Intimidate, Knowledge(history), Knowledge(nobility), Perception, Ride, Sense Motive, and a little bit of Profession(Sailor)
Magic Items: +2 O-Yoroi of Speed (Stays agile despite being strong), +1 Keen Katana (named Sakuretsu, forged by Makoto), +1 Vicious Katana (Named Chakawaki, Deals extra damage, but drains life force from Makoto on every successful hit), Masterwork Wakizashi (Named Kokoro, a gift from Makoto's uncle), +1 Radiant Bow (Shoots light arrows like Ranger's bow from the D&D TV show), and a loyal, well trained horse named Kiba.

Backstory: Makoto is the son of Hiroshi Tanaka and the demon Mephistopheles. After his mother died in childbirth, he was adopted by his uncle, a noble samurai named Tomozaki. Makoto has a Half-Kitsune/Ninja cousin named Kiri. After being trained as a samurai, Makoto left to to explore the world.

Campaign Journal: After joining the rest of the PCs (A slightly evil elf Rogue/Archer, a Halfling Summoner with a pet phoenix, and a goblin arsonist firebomber)
in a tavern, he embarked on a ship to the main continent. The PC ship was attacked by pirates, but the party captured the pirate ship and sailed it to port, using the money from selling it the build a tavern called "The Honorable Blade", a Japanese themed place that served as the party HQ for the rest of the campaign.
Just for my own sanity, i'm going to cut down the rest of the journal to the cool parts.
Makoto:

had a "one strike duel" with an elf after gaining the ability to see a person's backstory by looking into their eyes
had a really intense duel with an orc war-chief
defeated a devil sent by his father with the help of his allies
led a frontal assault on a drug lord's fortress, getting shot point blank with 3 shotguns and getting shot in the forehead with a rifle, and then walking it off

I've said everything important about Makoto, so now I give him over to you to create stories and continue his adventure.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-22, 12:33 AM
No mention of the samurai's lord? A samurai's deeds are always in the name of their lord. Their reputation is their lord's reputation. Who do we give credit to for owning such a samurai?

I feel like I'm one of the few on this forum who know what a yoroi is.

King of Casuals
2015-04-22, 08:54 AM
No mention of the samurai's lord? A samurai's deeds are always in the name of their lord. Their reputation is their lord's reputation. Who do we give credit to for owning such a samurai?

I feel like I'm one of the few on this forum who know what a yoroi is.

ok sorry, I guess I forgot to mention a few things. First of all, Makoto serves Tomozaki, and Tomozaki serves a daimyo (Feudal lord) named Yanji. I misspelled his first katana (its actually called Chikawaki), an O-yoroi is basically a japanese version of full plate, and the names of the party are Vyren (Elf/Rogue), Holman (Halfling Summoner), and Redclaw (Goblin)