PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Trying a Archivist/Spellthief Multiclass

redzimmer
2015-04-22, 01:57 PM
As the title says, am going to play an Archivist/Spellthief multiclass, the idea being he steal spells from both mortals and the gods.

I also want the PC to be useful to the rest of the group. Any starting gear, feat, spell and progression tips would be grand.

Zombulian
2015-04-22, 02:13 PM
As the title says, am going to play an Archivist/Spellthief multiclass, the idea being he steal spells from both mortals and the gods.

I also want the PC to be useful to the rest of the group. Any starting gear, feat, spell and progression tips would be grand.

While it's an interesting concept, unfortunately Spellthief and divine classes don't do too well together. I'd recommend picking up Godsblood Spellthief though from http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606.

As an alternative to ST/Archivist, I'd say try Spellthief/Wizard/Ur Priest/Mystic Theurge. Ur Priest is a stupid good class that is literally a divine caster that steals spells from the gods, and with Wizard progression you can take the Master Spellthief feat so that your spell stealing progression continues.