PDA

View Full Version : Redwall in 5E

prophetic_joe
2015-04-22, 05:00 PM
Looking to create a Redwall game for use with my soon to own Burrows and Badgers minis. I would like it to be low magic like the books and use the D&D 5E rules. The trouble is I have never done a project like this before and would need help from you guys. All races that aren't animal races are scrapped and all animal races are now anthro but how to do it? Ideas? Interest?

Vonwalt
2015-04-22, 09:52 PM
I feel like fifth edition is going to require some heavy, heavy reworking to feel like redwall, although it would be easy enough to reskin it (You can only play fighter, rogue, ranger, paladin, barbarian, and every race is replaced with a different animal race).

To make it really feel like redwall, I would make entirely new classes and backgrounds based on the books, and I would also think hard about how to do treasure.

RagingBluMunky
2015-04-22, 10:07 PM
The easiest way I can see of doing this (though I agree it isn't perfect), is just reskin the races. Badgers could be orcs; squirrels, elves; and mice, humans. Not sure how do Hares.

GorinichSerpant
2015-04-22, 10:18 PM
Homebrewing races in 5e is fairly easy, you could probably come up with something appropriate for what can't be reskinned and post it on this forum to check for balance.