PDA

View Full Version : what if the rumer was true and we got a storyline set in the land pf Ooo

Rfkannen
2015-04-22, 07:15 PM
So there was a tweet saying the the person who made adventure time was in to the Wizards of the coast office. Now someone on reddit said that meant we were getting the land of Ooo as a setting. now I am pretty sure they were wrong but what if we were to get Ooo. What do you think it would be like? What races. What storyline, what subclasses? Would you want it?

Ziegander
2015-04-22, 07:30 PM
I would want it so, so badly. I hadn't even heard this rumor. It would be so brilliant. PLEASE!

JAL_1138
2015-04-22, 07:34 PM
Adventure Time is already what you get if you put D&D, a children's storybook, and a pint of LSD in a blender and drank the result. They reference it pretty frequently--a carrion crawler with the design from the 1e manual has made an appearance, among other things.

Rfkannen
2015-04-22, 09:18 PM
I would want it so, so badly. I hadn't even heard this rumor. It would be so brilliant. PLEASE!
Well from what I understand they ate working on AN adventire path. So it might havr the same spark behind it. I do sencierly doubt it will be adventure time themed though

Adventure Time is already what you get if you put D&D, a children's storybook, and a pint of LSD in a blender and drank the result. They reference it pretty frequently--a carrion crawler with the design from the 1e manual has made an appearance, among other things.
Very true part of why I like it. But I mean if you covert it to dnd you stilll haved to add the madness and whimsy! Also candy people

Joe the Rat
2015-04-23, 09:37 AM
There are so many D&Disms in AT already, it's really just about adding rainicorns as a playable race.

Adventure Time is already what you get if you put D&D, a children's storybook, and a pint of LSD in a blender and drank the result.
In other words, a typical Bubblegum Princess experiment...

Ralanr
2015-04-23, 11:16 AM
I'd imagine humans wouldn't be a playable race. There are too few to really get away with that.

I have no problem with this. I could always play a pumpkin person. Or a jaw breaker.

But I should try and get a good will save. If I don't then I'll explode the moment I fail a fear save.

khachaturian
2015-04-23, 12:43 PM
my favorite nod to d&d when finn and jake were wondering if flame princess could actually be good. there was a throwaway comment about her taking a penalty to xp. good old first edition rules

JAL_1138
2015-04-23, 12:55 PM
my favorite nod to d&d when finn and jake were wondering if flame princess could actually be good. there was a throwaway comment about her taking a penalty to xp. good old first edition rules

And 2e rules, too. My Glob, I can't believe I forgot that reference, it was the best one!