PDA

View Full Version : barbarian/fighter multi class

gunrock82
2015-04-22, 10:40 PM
I have been constructing a barbarian/fighter and have run into some issues with my group. What I was working with its a berserker barbarian with a battle master fighter. The idea is using the three attacks I would be granted between both classes and using the maneuvers throughout the combat like the battle master should be able to. The issue is my group doesn't believe that the two extra attack between barbarian and fighter would stack. What say you?

gunrock82
2015-04-22, 10:42 PM
Not to mention the extra attack I would get from the berserker rage. Making my attacks while raging, 4!

RealCheese
2015-04-22, 10:46 PM
Extra attack, I believe, says specifically it does not stack between classes. You would not have three attacks (without raging) until your warrior levels alone would grant them. Your group is right. There is no other interpretation.

SharkForce
2015-04-22, 10:59 PM
Extra attack, I believe, says specifically it does not stack between classes. You would not have three attacks (without raging) until your warrior levels alone would grant them. Your group is right. There is no other interpretation.

this exactly. it's clearly spelled out explicitly that extra attack does not stack. you want 3 attacks (from extra attack), you need to take 11+ levels of fighter.

Malifice
2015-04-22, 11:03 PM
I have been constructing a barbarian/fighter and have run into some issues with my group. What I was working with its a berserker barbarian with a battle master fighter. The idea is using the three attacks I would be granted between both classes and using the maneuvers throughout the combat like the battle master should be able to. The issue is my group doesn't believe that the two extra attack between barbarian and fighter would stack. What say you?

Read the rules on multi-classing and the extra attack class feature in the PHB.

Short answer: No, extra attack does not stack.

Easy_Lee
2015-04-22, 11:36 PM
There are ways to make the multiclass work. A barbarian benefits from the fighting style, and could conceivably benefit from three levels of fighter for champion. A fighter 11 / barbarian 9 with champion and the barbarian reckless attacks and bonus to crits might not be a bad character. Barbarian 17 / fighter champion 3 could also work. But, overall, staying single classed would probably be best if you're in it for the long haul.

gunrock82
2015-04-22, 11:54 PM
I was just going to reply saying the exact same things. Thank you peeps for the input

aceynn88
2015-04-23, 08:35 AM
Barbarian4/Fighter16 is what you want to go for here. If you want to focus more on Barb, then its not worth taking Fighter past 4

A Barb/Fighter sounds nice on paper but I think Barbarian is much better if you don't multi class.

Ralanr
2015-04-23, 11:20 AM
Barbarian4/Fighter16 is what you want to go for here. If you want to focus more on Barb, then its not worth taking Fighter past 4

A Barb/Fighter sounds nice on paper but I think Barbarian is much better if you don't multi class.

From 1 to 6 it feels that way, can't wait till fall when I can play my guy at level 10.