PDA

View Full Version : Darkness Creating Artifact Help

j_spencer93
2015-04-23, 07:38 AM
Ok so in our Campaign a group of villains has partially taken over Alm (the shadows thieves only so far), and the player's have to stop them from using an artifact to cover the land in darkness allowing their army of vampires to move around freely.
The artifact in question will negate light including all but the strongest magical light within the area, making it all shadow illumination, but cover a vast distance.
Is there anything like this in any edition of the game, if so could i know where? If not, what kind of artifact would you recommend making it. A sphere, a staff, a X, etc etc.

Troacctid
2015-04-23, 12:44 PM
…And? So what?

j_spencer93
2015-04-23, 01:04 PM
Oops when I edited it to make it clear I deleted the last sentence or two. I was asking if there is anything like this in the actual game (any edition) I could use as a reference.

Troacctid
2015-04-23, 01:17 PM
Sure, it's just a Deeper Darkness spell with a larger area of effect. Fairly easy to adjudicate. It's a plot device, so you can make it do whatever you need it to do. Sounds like you've already got a handle on it.

j_spencer93
2015-04-23, 01:26 PM
Sure, it's just a Deeper Darkness spell with a larger area of effect. Fairly easy to adjudicate. It's a plot device, so you can make it do whatever you need it to do. Sounds like you've already got a handle on it.

Lol ok. I was thinking of a sphere that created it, maybe like a like to the shadow plane or would that not work lore wise? I am not to good at the whole planar thing...maybe a large deeper darkness is the way to go.
Anyways I am assuming then that there isn't an older artifact similar?
Noticed on the wiki there is a similar event now called the darkening or something.