PDA

View Full Version : Any good undead template that can be applied to giants?

ShadowfireOmega
2015-04-23, 10:05 AM
Title says it all, looking for a good template for some Giant Undead, must be intelligent and corporal.

Ellowryn
2015-04-23, 10:16 AM
not sure exactly what you are looking for, but reasonable templates for intelligent undead are Deathknight and Savage Vampire.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-23, 10:47 AM
not sure exactly what you are looking for, but reasonable templates for intelligent undead are Deathknight and Savage Vampire.

Nothing is cooler then a towering Death Knight Giant clad in ebon armor!

ShadowfireOmega
2015-04-23, 12:58 PM

Well, originally I was going to have a Frost Giant Vampire locked in a tomb with two subordinate White Dragon Vampires, but looking at the vampire template it says "“Vampire” is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid or monstrous humanoid creature." and seeing that neither dragons nor giants are of the humanoid or monstrous humanoid type, the template cannot apply to them, correct? And looking at the Death Knight it just says humanoid, and Savage Vampire (and all the other vampire variants in LM) do not change that requirement that I can see.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-04-23, 02:22 PM
Gravetouched Ghoul (Libris Mortis p. 103) can be added to any corporeal giant.
Mummified Creature (Libris Mortis p. 110) can be added to any corporeal giant.
Phantom (MM5 p. 130) can be added to any corporeal giant.
Web Mummy (MM4 p. 165) can be added to any corporeal giant.
Ghost (MM1 p.116) can be added to any giant with at least 6 charisma.
Dry Lich (Sandstorm p. 155) can be added to any giant who can create the canopic jars.

Zombies and skeletons are possible, but boring.

hamishspence
2015-04-23, 03:28 PM
Well, originally I was going to have a Frost Giant Vampire locked in a tomb with two subordinate White Dragon Vampires, but looking at the vampire template it says "“Vampire” is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid or monstrous humanoid creature." and seeing that neither dragons nor giants are of the humanoid or monstrous humanoid type, the template cannot apply to them, correct? And looking at the Death Knight it just says humanoid, and Savage Vampire (and all the other vampire variants in LM) do not change that requirement that I can see.

Monstrous Vampire from Ghostwalk allows a much wider range of creature types, including giant, and is almost identical to a standard vampire (has a tombstone instead of a coffin). Ghostwalk is 3.0 but was updated online to 3.5.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-23, 04:11 PM
Awaken Undead makes an intelligent Skeleton or Zombie.

You could make it a Half-Dragon and use Dracolich. He would even have wings! Be sure to give him the Dragon Breath feat in Races of the Dragon in this case.

Ellowryn
2015-04-23, 04:45 PM

Ah, missed that on the Deathknight, but from my copy of the Savage Vampire template it says "Acquired Template that can be applied to any Fey, Giant, Humanoid, or Monstrous Humanoid."

ShadowfireOmega
2015-04-23, 06:44 PM
Monstrous Vampire from Ghostwalk allows a much wider range of creature types, including giant, and is almost identical to a standard vampire (has a tombstone instead of a coffin). Ghostwalk is 3.0 but was updated online to 3.5.

Thank you! Both dragons and giants! This is what I wanted xD

Ah, missed that on the Deathknight, but from my copy of the Savage Vampire template it says "Acquired Template that can be applied to any Fey, Giant, Humanoid, or Monstrous Humanoid."

I was in the Libris Mortus, found the one you were speaking of online, thanks!

Bhu
2015-04-23, 07:54 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=12219.0

I made a template handbook over on mnmax. Giants are on page one if you scroll down. If you wanna be undead your options for giant are:

Bodak (must be corporeal and 5+ HD)
Bound Spirit (must be living and have Charisma Score of 6+)
Corpse Creature (must be corporeal)
Disembodied Spirit (Must have Cha of 6+)
Frostfell Ghost (Must have Charisma Score of 6+)
Ghastly (Must have 7+ HD)
Ghoulish (Must have 4+ HD)
Ghost (Monster Manual, Must have Charisma Score of 6+)
Gravetouched Ghoul (must be Corporeal, must have Int and Cha Scores of 3+)
Gravewight
Living Wall (must be corporeal, 4+ Hit Dice, and Small to Large Size)
Monstrous Vampire
Mummified Creature (must be corporeal)
Savage Vampire (DR348)
Scion of Kyuss (must be 9+ HD if Medium or smaller, 13+ HD if Large or bigger)
Spectral Minion
Umbral Creature (must have Charisma Score of 8+)

Theres also these from semi-official stuff like athas.org

Geist (must have Charisma Score of 6+)
Composite Walking Dead (must be corporeal)
Cursed Dead (must have been cursed at death)
Dhaot (must have died far from homeland)
Fael
Fallen
Kragling (corporeal, must be Huge or smaller, must have a skeleton)
Namech
Raaig (Must be a race alive in ancient times)
Racked Spirit
Thinking Zombie
Venger (Must have been betrayed)
Zhen (Must be a race alive in ancient times)

The list of what templates can be found where is on page 1

The Viscount
2015-04-23, 11:31 PM
There's always the deathshead from Tome of Magic. The major advantage is you might be able to make that, and then still make whatever other undead you wanted to make, since it's just a head.

WhamBamSam
2015-04-23, 11:42 PM
Awaken Undead makes an intelligent Skeleton or Zombie.

You could make it a Half-Dragon and use Dracolich. He would even have wings! Be sure to give him the Dragon Breath feat in Races of the Dragon in this case.You don't even need to be a half-dragon as far as I can tell. One casting of Essence of the Dragon will change a creature's type long enough for it to chug Dracolich Brew.