PDA

View Full Version : Delay Potion Feat Question

Gamereaper
2015-04-23, 10:52 AM
So I was thinking about something. The text states that you can delay the effects of a potion for 1 hour per CON modifier. You can activate it as a swift action, pretty cool. But here is the part that caught my eye. It says that if it's not used within that time frame, it is simply wasted. Does that mean you can safely drink and dispose of cursed potions that would cause insanity or instantly kill you all at the cost of 1 rank in Knowledge (Arcana)?!?

Crazysaneman
2015-04-23, 11:11 AM
+1 to this question, seems viable to me

Necroticplague
2015-04-23, 11:40 AM
Yes, technically. Though you wouldn't know what it did until you had it effect you, so it's not particularly useful for that purpose.

avr
2015-04-23, 11:40 AM
If you know that a potion is cursed, why are you drinking it? If you don't know what the potion is, why are you drinking it?

I mean, I think it'd work so long as the potion is cursed and not just poisoned, but I'm puzzled as to why you'd need to.

Der_DWSage
2015-04-23, 01:07 PM
And then you advertise yourself as the arcane equivalent of a nuclear waste dumping ground...

That said, there are cursed potions? This is news to me.

Jeraa
2015-04-23, 01:13 PM
And then you advertise yourself as the arcane equivalent of a nuclear waste dumping ground...

That said, there are cursed potions? This is news to me.

Any magic item can be cursed. The DMG lists one cursed potion:

Potion of Poison: This potion has lost its once beneficial magical abilities and has become a potent poison. The imbiber must make a DC 16 Fortitude save or take 1d10 points of Constitution damage. A minute later he must save again (DC 16) or take 1d10 points of Constitution damage.
Moderate conjuration; CL 12th; Craft Wondrous Item, poison; Price 5,000 gp.

Other curses are possible. A Potion of Resist Fire that also gives you vulnerability to cold damage can be a cursed item as well.