PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Weapons help

bootzin
2015-04-23, 01:56 PM
Hi guys!
So, I was looking through the internet and I found these legendary weapons, but there is very few information about it
So I was wondering if you could give me some help with it

Which book(s) are they from?

Is there any list with them?

Are they worth it?

Are there any rules for creating a legendary weapon?

And last, can I make a legendary weapon of legacy?

Psyren
2015-04-23, 04:38 PM
Was there supposed to be a link in the opening post?

bootzin
2015-04-23, 05:44 PM
Not really, but I'll provide one with all the information that I got about it

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/legendaryWeapons.htm

Still, I have the doubts from the first post, any help is useful

General Sajaru
2015-04-23, 07:17 PM
In 3.5, they're called Legacy Weapons, and have a whole book, Weapons of Legacy, dedicated to them.

VisitingDaGulag
2015-04-23, 07:23 PM
Custome weapons of legacy have actual rules. Custom legendary weapons are houserules. This is why no one bothers.

Red Fel
2015-04-23, 08:12 PM
Hi guys!
So, I was looking through the internet and I found these legendary weapons, but there is very few information about it
So I was wondering if you could give me some help with it

Which book(s) are they from?

Is there any list with them?

It's already been linked (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/legendaryWeapons.htm).

Are they worth it?

Not really. A customized magic weapon that does what you actually need is probably worth more to you. Legendary Weapons are more like a DM reward or a plot device.

Are there any rules for creating a legendary weapon?

Not particularly.

And last, can I make a legendary weapon of legacy?

Nope. Weapons of Legacy have a value limit. That is, they cannot have an effective enhancement bonus greater than +1. Most of the legendary weapons linked above start with an enhancement bonus of +2, in addition to special abilities they gain - they can't be made into WoLs.

And frankly, the two systems intersect awkwardly. Most WoLs power up in much the same way that Legendaries power up, but without requiring Scion levels. And even those are generally not particularly worth the bother, due to the borked WoL rules.

shaikujin
2015-04-24, 06:55 AM
Those weapons listed in the SRD and the Scion classes are both originally from the book Unearthed Arcana (same book where gestalt rules are from).

The weapons are sort of pre-cursor to Weapons of Legacy.

There are no actual rules to make custom "Legendary Weapons". Closest you get is Weapons of Legacy.

That said, the Scion classes are actually quite nifty for certain optimizations (eg Faith Scion for uber mount builds).

Barbarian Horde
2015-04-24, 07:05 AM
Class: Beguiler 1/ Dragon Shaman(Brass) 1/Bloodline 1/ Marshall 1/ FoP 1/ Bloodline 1/ FoP 5/ Bloodline 1/ Uncanny Trickster 3/ Mindbender 1/Legacy Champion

Race:Unseelie Dvati

Make yourself into a +23 weapon that control other users and transforms them like a magical girl anime when equipped.

shaikujin
2015-04-24, 07:29 AM
Class: Beguiler 1/ Dragon Shaman(Brass) 1/Bloodline 1/ Marshall 1/ FoP 1/ Bloodline 1/ FoP 5/ Bloodline 1/ Uncanny Trickster 3/ Mindbender 1/Legacy Champion

Race:Unseelie Dvati

Make yourself into a +23 weapon that control other users and transforms them like a magical girl anime when equipped.

Like.

Building off your idea - get Dvati twin anime girl (girls?) as a follower. Have both of them transform into Weapons (I believe there are several anime/manga of girls transforming into weapons) and dual wield them!

Red Fel
2015-04-24, 09:59 AM
Like.

Building off your idea - get Dvati twin anime girl (girls?) as a follower. Have both of them transform into Weapons (I believe there are several anime/manga of girls transforming into weapons) and dual wield them!

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-24-2015/3WnpzB.gif

Death the Kid approves.