PDA

View Full Version : The Sundered Land



Thanqol
2015-04-23, 07:35 PM
“I am a warrior seeking peace and an end to bloodshed. I’m on pilgrimage to the Temple to No Gods in the distant City of Gulls. My pilgrimage has brought me to The Jungle of Bones, inhabited by the encamped army of a king who has sworn vengeance upon me. My goal is to pass safely through and continue my pilgrimage.

“You, my friends online, play the world. Your goal is to see me to my doom, instead of safely on my way. You’re allowed only to directly answer my direct questions, though, so you might not be able to do it.

“The rules:
1. Only answer my questions.
2. If you don’t already know the answer, make something up.
3. Keep your answers short.
4. If your answer’s disruptive, I’m allowed to delete it.
5. Otherwise, I have to go with the first answer somebody gives."

I have...
Instincts honed by a life of violence.
The summoning name of a ghost burned into my memory.

~

I have been walking through the Jungle of Bones for all of summer. My beard is long and wild, scratched and snarled with grey streaks and entangled with the bones of sparrows and rats. My boots and hands are encased in a layer of hard brown clay. What once was a fine scarf is sealed onto my lower jaw by the flensing mud and when I take it off this evening to eat it shall cost me mud and hairs. I am cold and hungry, unsure of footing, and I have left my sword and bow behind in my previous life.

At this time, I am walking through the ribcage of a dragon the size of a city. The entire world is divided into vast columns of light from the malarial sun and vast columns of darkness from the gargantuan ribs. Now and then the entire world fades into darkness as one of the pregnant stormclouds crosses the sun, and as I lose my footing on the stacks of animal bones I slip and stumble in the forever-mud. I am looking for forage - those too-infrequent berry bushes that emerge from the bones, or maybe something that recently came here to die.

Something warns me of approaching danger. What warns me? Anyone should answer.

Xihirli
2015-04-23, 07:38 PM
A friend with a megaphone.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 07:46 PM
A friend with a megaphone.

The voice echoes through the chamber of bones, vast and disembodied, like the shout of a dying god. The rattling sets off several avalanches of bones. I have to duck underneath one of the pillars as the skeletons of hundreds of cats come pouring down from above. Their fragile skulls crack and flatten into a grotesque paper.

The cloud of dust that is thrown up conceals whatever has come for me, and me from it. I take this chance to start running, spines and femurs cracking under my muddy boots.

As I run, I see a berry bush. Food! Can I grab it before the dust cloud clears? Anyone should answer.

Targ Collective
2015-04-23, 07:50 PM
You recognise the berries as deadly poisonous to most life forms. Happily, you are not one of them.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 07:55 PM
You recognise the berries as deadly poisonous to most life forms. Happily, you are not one of them.

But may I grab them before the dust clears?

Targ Collective
2015-04-23, 07:57 PM
Yes. Certainly. The question is if that will cost you your life or not, but I judge grabbing them before the dust clears to be well within your ability.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 08:03 PM
Yes. Certainly. The question is if that will cost you your life or not, but I judge grabbing them before the dust clears to be well within your ability.

Then I grab the berry-bush and their poison or lack therof does not matter a whit to me as I cram them into my mouth. I continue to run, chewing leaves and twigs with hunger I had never known in my previous life. What colour are the berries? Anyone should answer.

As my feet start to tire I fall back into walking, glancing often behind me to see if I had been followed, or if there is any sign of the one who warned me. I continue to desperately eat the berries and leaves and gnaw on the roots as I go. Do I feel like I am being watched? Anyone should answer.

Dudeons
2015-04-23, 08:10 PM
As you chew the deep purple berries, you vaguely sense that something might be watching you.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 08:19 PM
As you chew the deep purple berries, you vaguely sense that something might be watching you.

Fear comes to sit in my gut along with the leaves and berries. Even in this forsaken place violence follows me. Even the juice of the berries mixed with clay seems like blood upon my hands once again. Even though it seems like blood I still lick my fingers clean for I am still hungry.

I walk for a while through the corridor of bones. Half my mind is thinking in terms of ambush and stratagem. The other half allows itself to wander on the majesty of this place, senses heightened by the pounding of my heart. What is the best position here I could take? Anyone should answer.

Targ Collective
2015-04-23, 08:52 PM
You are troubled by visions. You wonder if it was the berries.

Fable Wright
2015-04-23, 09:00 PM
You should seek the high ground, climbing the cracked ribs of the fallen behemoth, so as to find the best position to view your enemies.


You are troubled by visions. You wonder if it was the berries.
This is not the answer to a direct question.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 09:43 PM
This is not the answer to a direct question.

This is correct. While I will ask for details, and while details may be provided while answering a question, you may not volunteer information I did not ask for.


You should seek the high ground, climbing the cracked ribs of the fallen behemoth, so as to find the best position to view your enemies.

And climb I do. Climbing is an old friend to me and I begin to make my way up, sure and steady. The dragon's mighty bones are pitted and scarred by centuries of wind and weather, leaving many cracks and hollows to slip my grasping fingers into.

I climb above the dusty breeze that is always blowing, to the point where I cannot tell a cat's bones from a dog's. I climb to where I can see beyond the tangled skeleton hills, woven into nets and cages by the feral monkeys who dwell there. I climb to the point where the rib curves and I can begin walking cautiously rather than climb further. I come to the point where the clouds seem so close to my head that I could jump up and touch them if I dared.

I come to the spine of the dragon - a vast and bumpy road that spirals on almost to the edge of the Bone Jungle. In the light of the setting sun I, aloft, am illuminated in gold and all below me is cast deep in mountain shadows.

Below I see the torch fires, the camp fires, the fires built for joy or anticipation. I see them spread across the land like oil across a frypan. An army camps in and surrounds those fires, and their constant motion makes it seem like that the earth is infested with a million metal insects. They twist and swarm and look out with all their eyes and sorcery to hunt me down wherever I go.

I sit, exhausted, upon the beast's spine and murmur quiet reassurance to my aching stomach. I watch the golden sunset over the distant mountains and wonder if it is day-time at the City of Gulls. I let my hands tap along the skeleton I rest on and wonder what the beast was named in life.

Does anything grow up here? Anyone should answer.

Madcrafter
2015-04-23, 09:53 PM
Once... Back when the bone was fresh, the crevices and hollows caught the rain and let a mighty vine grow, it's arms looping out from the spinal canal like fossilized nerves of the great beast. But water is the stronger force with time, and formed it's own paths to the ground. Now there is only the woody remains of the behemoth plant.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 09:58 PM
Once... Back when the bone was fresh, the crevices and hollows caught the rain and let a mighty vine grow, it's arms looping out from the spinal canal like fossilized nerves of the great beast. But water is the stronger force with time, and formed it's own paths to the ground. Now there is only the woody remains of the great plant.

I gather the fallen wood, piece by piece, pile it, and build a fire of my own. It is cold up here, and windy - the first breath of autumn is rolling across the horizon. I sit exhausted by the little fire and warm my hands and take the time to cry. Which faces cross my vision? Anyone should answer.

While I sit and rest and weep, does my mysterious friend come to visit me? Someone who did not answer the previous question should answer.

Balmas
2015-04-23, 10:59 PM
A strange woman sits by your fire, megaphone in hand.

Dexam
2015-04-23, 11:11 PM
Which faces cross my vision?
The first is the face of a stranger; an old beggar man you saw in a market place. Maimed and crippled by the soldiers of the same king who seeks vengeance on you, you watched as he gave his own meagre scraps of food to a starving child of the streets.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 11:26 PM
The first is the face of a stranger; an old beggar man you saw in a market place. Maimed and crippled by the soldiers of the same king who seeks vengeance on you, you watched as he gave his own meagre scraps of food to a starving child of the streets.


A strange woman sits by your fire, megaphone in hand.

I come back to myself. My hands are trembling. I am past my prime and have pushed myself too hard.

The woman has hair that reflects the firelight and eyes a dessicated green. Pretty in the way brown grass over the hills is pretty - not wondrous, but wondrous that it isn't desert. I have seen too much desert to resist her. I hold her hands and kiss the knuckles of her leather gloves and she pretends not to be repulsed.

What kind of farmer works a land like the Bone Jungle? It must take someone with the feet and stubborn willpower of a mountain goat, with hands too calloused to be pricked by jagged bone shards and eyes that can see this abominable place and imagine something else. Unsure of what to do with me, she talks for a while about the harvest they had last year and how pretty her little sister was going to grow up to be. I ask her no questions and drink her words like water.

Before I fall asleep, is the situation so grim that I should douse the fire? Anyone should answer.

Anarion
2015-04-23, 11:45 PM
No, it's not so grim that you need to douse the fire.

Thanqol
2015-04-23, 11:56 PM
No, it's not so grim that you need to douse the fire.

Then I shalln't, and will be grateful for the warmth.

When I awake in the morning the marching army of the King tears the Bone Jungle apart. Monkeys howl as they are driven before their swords and pulse cutters. Clouds of thick grey bone dust spiral into the air. The champing sound of their steel toed boots and fearful horses echo through the wind, and their scouts, hunters and assassins move ahead of them, invisible.

They are so many that they are, at least in part, between me and the City of Gulls. I might be surrounded. What is my best escape route, if any? Anyone should answer.

Targ Collective
2015-04-24, 12:06 AM
Your species has the power of flight, but that leads to its own perils... You take to the air.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 12:22 AM
Your species has the power of flight, but that leads to its own perils... You take to the air.

I judge this to be disruptive on the grounds that it is established I spent a great deal of time climbing to a high place yesterday. As it is contradictory, it is disregarded.

Targ Collective
2015-04-24, 12:24 AM
Hm. Just trying to mix things up.

Okay.

"I have a one use orb of teleportation, but it has a chance of fizzling, and is inaccurate to a couple of miles, so I have been holding back on using it. However, this looks desperate, so I rummage through my pack for it."

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 12:28 AM
Hm. Just trying to mix things up.

Okay.

"I have a one use orb of teleportation, but it has a chance of fizzling, and is inaccurate to a couple of miles, so I have been holding back on using it. However, this looks desperate, so I rummage through my pack for it."

The rules do not permit you to speak on behalf of, or make decisions for the pilgrim. Your job is to see me to my doom.

Additionally, the two things indicated in the "I have..." section of the first post are my only useful posessions at this time.

Targ Collective
2015-04-24, 12:29 AM
Question. Is the summoning name of the ghost reusable?

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 12:31 AM
Question. Is the summoning name of the ghost reusable?

The rules do not permit you to ask questions of me. You may only directly answer my questions.

Dexam
2015-04-24, 12:33 AM
Hm. Just trying to mix things up.

Okay.

"I have a one use orb of teleportation, but it has a chance of fizzling, and is inaccurate to a couple of miles, so I have been holding back on using it. However, this looks desperate, so I rummage through my pack for it."

I really don't think you quite get what this thread is about. For starters, from the original post:

I have...
Instincts honed by a life of violence.
The summoning name of a ghost burned into my memory.

No orb of teleportation. In fact, not even a pack.

My response to the question:

What is my best escape route, if any?

You contemplate the risk of hiding by burying yourself in the mud, using a hollow bone as a breathing tube, until the army has passed, then making a run for it.

Targ Collective
2015-04-24, 12:34 AM
Basic military strategy dictates you should take, and hold, the high ground. Stay high, but out of sight; and if you need to prioritise hiding over staying high, do so.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 12:41 AM
You contemplate the risk of hiding by burying yourself in the mud, using a hollow bone as a breathing tube, until the army has passed, then making a run for it.

In this place what is another pile of mud? I hurriedly try to explain my plan to my companion, using sudden gestures and hurrying her over to the crevasse. When she protests I plead with her. When she resists I threaten her. She agrees to the plan.

We tuck ourselves in to one of the water-passes through the bone and scrabble with our bare hands against the clay. Soon we are filthy and covered head to toe and find ourselves sinking into the sticky depths. Mud pours into our noses and cakes against our eyes and we are trapped in a dark stillness. Underground together, on the top of the world.

We sit under the mud, sucking through fearful breaths through the bones and hoping no stray boot crushes down upon us, or no sudden mudslide sends us over the edge. Though we cannot hear we feel the shaking of metal boots above us. She grips my hand under the mud.

Do they seem suspicious yet? Anyone should answer.

Targ Collective
2015-04-24, 12:43 AM
No, the ruse seems to be working.

Anarion
2015-04-24, 12:45 AM
They do seem suspicious. Several have stopped near you and they're talking among themselves, eyes casting around the area.

Ninjaed. Carry on.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 12:51 AM
No, the ruse seems to be working.

In time the boots pass.

Soon after my limbs begin cramping, and my stomach aches from hunger. My vision is blurred from shortness of breath and I am not sure my eyes will ever open again. I can't take it. Slowly, I sit up. I try to wipe the mud from my face but my hand is just as muddy and I do nothing but rearrange it. There is nothing dry around that I might used to clear my eyes, and nothing clean around that I might use to wash my features. I am soaked to the bone and may come down with sickness. I also may not survive the climb down from these great bones in such a disoriented state.

Luckily, no swords come crashing down upon me and there are no cries of alarm. Unfortunately the soldiers have destroyed every green and living thing on their way through this place and now I have two mouths to feed. Reluctantly, I resolve to steal food from the king's army. Can I do this without them noticing? Anyone should answer.

Forum Explorer
2015-04-24, 01:42 AM
No, you cannot. In these lands food is precious, and has it's own set of guards.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 02:12 AM
No, you cannot. In these lands food is precious, and has it's own set of guards.

Do I learn this before or after I make the attempt? Anyone may answer.

Forum Explorer
2015-04-24, 02:18 AM
Do I learn this before or after I make the attempt? Anyone may answer.

It's common sense, so yes.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 02:25 AM
It's common sense, so yes.

I still have to risk it. It's the difference between a quick death and a slow one. I keep my eye warily on the girl as I move closer to the camp. At the very least I want her death to be quick.

The camp is grand and filthy, with all the king's coloured flags and buntings. Huge wagons full of water trundle through and the bones are pragmatically moved into makeshift fortifications. There are guards around each of the wagons, hauled through the mud by sweat and suffering. I can see the cannon and lances and bolt-cannons there as well.

As I cannot take what I need by stealth I will need to take it by speed or violence. Will I be able to avoid a fight here if I run fast enough?

Anarion
2015-04-24, 02:33 AM
No there are too many soldiers to avoid a fight no matter how fast you run.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 03:09 AM
No there are too many soldiers to avoid a fight no matter how fast you run.

One last act of violence. One last act and then I can escape.

I walk slowly towards the encampment. Covered in mud and shuffling I could be anyone. I am hailed by a guard, a plump man with smiling eyes. I strike his throat and his gut and snatch his knife.

I am too slow, too old... I lack the will I need to see this through. They shout and rally and soon they are calling to arms and I am not holding anything more than an ear of corn. They might kill me here. I brandish my knife and match eyes with any of them, letting them know that my death will cost their life. Do I have a chance to get away? Anyone may answer.

Targ Collective
2015-04-24, 03:18 AM
There are many opportunities for escape. North only leads deeper into the camp; the best opportunity for escape lies south.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 03:21 AM
There are many opportunities for escape. North only leads deeper into the camp; the best opportunity for escape lies south.

Specifically, what is the opportunity and what does taking it involve?

I believe you do not fully understand how this game functions. I would advise you to stop posting for a while and observe what other players are doing. Return when you feel you have a better grasp on the type of answers I am looking for.

Dexam
2015-04-24, 03:54 AM
Do I have a chance to get away?

Specifically, what is the opportunity and what does taking it involve?
One of the guards is young and nervous, little more than a boy playing at soldier. You know that, old and slow as you are, with your skills and experience you could easily take him; but to escape without injury or fear of capture you must almost certainly kill him.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 04:36 AM
One of the guards is young and nervous, little more than a boy playing at soldier. You know that, old and slow as you are, with your skills and experience you could easily take him; but to escape without injury or fear of capture you must almost certainly kill him.

No, I'm not prepared to do that. Not kill some poor child to preserve the life of a bitter old man. I throw my knife and slice his hand open and he screams. Kid'll never hold a sword again and he should thank me for it.

The other guards come for me, surround me, and I'm fighting them unarmed. That doesn't last long. In a moment I'm holding a sword and in another moment it's through someone's leg. I'm gasping and wheezing and panting for breath and I'm thrashing around with my bare hands and desperately avoiding all those swords, and they're avoiding me like I'm holding two. I might be able to fight free here if I keep this up. Do they recoil and give me an opportunity to go?

Forum Explorer
2015-04-24, 04:46 AM
No, they are soldiers and aren't about to shy away from a fight, unexpected though it may be. They want vengeance for the violence done to their own.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 05:03 AM
No, they are soldiers and aren't about to shy away from a fight, unexpected though it may be. They want vengeance for the violence done to their own.

If I can't get away now, they will kill me.

Desperately, I roll my last dice. I speak the summoning name of the ghost. I can see it in my minds eye as it surges up from the pit of hell - an empty black void surrounded by a wreath of fire, wrapped in a smiling face I don't want to remember. I speak its name and it comes, and stands above me, and I pretend it isn't smiling.

I set it free to do as it wills. When I do, can I get away? Anyone should answer.

Forum Explorer
2015-04-24, 05:13 AM
Yes, the ghost can carry you away from the camp if you let it.

Thanqol
2015-04-24, 07:49 AM
Yes, the ghost can carry you away from the camp if you let it.

I do not want to let it.

I do not want to leave the farmer girl behind in this world of bones, at the mercy of the king's army. I do not want to feel it wrap its arms around me and whisper to me like a son. I do not want to hear its forgiveness, its praises or its mercies. I do not want to go away like this. I am not even sure I want it to rescue me from a quick death in battle.

But it is not a quick death in battle that awaits me here. Word carried out in advance of the army like waves. The king had, in his wrath, summoned a grim torturer devil from the pit of hell and bound it to carry out its work on me alone for all eternity. As long as they found my body with even a scrap of life left in it then they could drag me back to the devil's arts.

And while my body wishes I could give up, and my mind wishes I could give up, my soul speaks to me with a deeper fear, an immortal fear. And so I accept the ghost's tender embrace and I feel the halo of fire and the sucking void and my fingers are cold and burning as it carries me away.

I leave behind all the kindnesses and desires of flesh and mind.

Soon I reach the end of the Bone Jungle, and I am happy to put it behind me.

The end.

~

The Sundered Land is a game by Vincent Baker. You can find the Tale of the Doomed Pilgrim here (https://payhip.com/b/bnp6), though I would advise getting the Lumpley Games PDF library (https://payhip.com/b/fqsw) instead.

~

I have come to the Desert of Spires and am following the course of the River. There is only one River in all the world, and it does not obey the laws old rivers once did. It passes from earth into sky, runs uphill and down, opens into oceans, narrows into trickles, squeezes and shakes and bursts with life and plenty. They say that the River used to wrap the entire world and keep it safe. But that was before all this, in another life.

While I have left the vengeful king behind me, he still hunts me and sends his sorcerers to chase me down. They have brought with them the grim torturer devil, bound in chains made of lead. The torturer devil must always be eating, and it eats slowly. It champs on the bones of the very sorcerers who bind it, and as soon as it finishes one it takes up another. The screams echo through the twisting ravines of the Desert of Spires. They intend to find me before they run out of sorcerers.

I am taking advantage of the bounty of the river. I am standing in the stream, shirtless and freshly cleaned, scraping out clay from the fissures in my fingers and picking sparrow bones from my beard. From time to time I try to catch fish. This is what I am doing when something warns me of approaching danger. What warns me? Anyone should answer.

Balmas
2015-04-24, 09:13 AM
A crack of a twig. Birds burst from the trees above. You are not alone.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-24, 09:32 AM
no gods watch over you

(I love watching this game get played!)

Thanqol
2015-04-25, 07:16 AM
A crack of a twig. Birds burst from the trees above. You are not alone.

I pull back from the river, getting onto the opposite bank and taking cover behind the treeline. The sorcerers have found me; I see at least six of them with their submachine guns and leather jackets, arguing softly. One of them has a swastika carved into his forehead. Have they seen me yet? Anyone should answer.

Dexam
2015-04-25, 08:13 AM
Not yet. One sorcerer gestures downstream, while another points upstream. A third, the one with the swastika, stares unblinking across the river, scanning the treeline of the far bank.

Thanqol
2015-04-26, 07:26 AM
There was a time I would have gone out of my way to kill sorcerers. Would have even thought of it as a mercy because no doubt their pacts and ill-dealings had much nastier fates in mind for them than I did. Now, though? I didn't know.

I didn't want to lose the river. That was my only path to the City of Gulls and the woodline would only take me so far. I cautiously pull away from the riverbank but keep it in sight in the corner of my eye. If I could find a boat I could make better time and maybe get away from the sorcerers.

After walking for a while, I see a small house by the riverside, just before it widens into a massive ravine filled with flooded, sunken towers. The trees ended here, opening back out onto the twisting, devilish desert. Before I approach the boathouse I shiver in anticipation, pause, and listen. Do I hear anything strange? Anyone should answer.

Twelvetrees
2015-04-26, 08:28 AM
Off in the distance, a hawk's cry abruptly ceases, cut off before its natural end.

Fable Wright
2015-04-26, 11:47 AM
You also hear the clank of heavy chains rattling in a rhythmic yet changing beat.

Thanqol
2015-04-26, 11:25 PM
Off in the distance, a hawk's cry abruptly ceases, cut off before its natural end.


You also hear the clank of heavy chains rattling in a rhythmic yet changing beat.

It's coming. I rush for the boat house and hammer on the door. I am directed by the voice inside to leave and then perform a number of obscenities. I glance over my shoulder, fall to my knees and beg. I plead and beg with that heavy ash-wood door and its brass door handle to let me in, take me away, and some part of me aches with wounded pride for doing so.

What does the creature on the other side of the doorway ask in exchange for its help? Anyone should answer.

Anarion
2015-04-26, 11:51 PM
It seems to ponder for a moment, you have so little to give. But after it considers, it asks you for the true name of your first love in exchange for its aid.

Thanqol
2015-04-28, 01:34 AM
It seems to ponder for a moment, you have so little to give. But after it considers, it asks you for the true name of your first love in exchange for its aid.

I laugh at it and say "Money". And though it feels cheated, and lets me know as much, that is its fault for asking such a simple question. It opens the door with four of its limbs and lets me inside.

The creature moves laconically, unhurried, perhaps out of spite. I do not want to have to try and hurry it because it is old and fearsome but every second I glance towards the door expecting the entrance of the sorcerers. I can still hear the sound of chains meaning the demon is not far behind. I decide to hide while I wait for the boatsman to ready his ship. What is the best place here to do so? Anyone should answer.

Anarion
2015-04-28, 01:42 AM
Sometimes the simple is also the best. There's a very large cupboard, filled with food, cleaning supplies, and jars of goodness knows what. It goes very deep and you could easily fit inside and place enough things in front of you to be totally obscured to anyone entering. The creature would have to allow them to ransack its home for them to notice you.

Thanqol
2015-04-29, 08:34 PM
Sometimes the simple is also the best. There's a very large cupboard, filled with food, cleaning supplies, and jars of goodness knows what. It goes very deep and you could easily fit inside and place enough things in front of you to be totally obscured to anyone entering. The creature would have to allow them to ransack its home for them to notice you.

I slip inside and try not to count the eye-balls in the jars.

Hammering at the door. Sorcerers, armed and shouting. They demand to know where I am. The creature asks for something in exchange. What does it ask for? Anyone should answer.

Trevortni
2015-04-30, 12:20 AM
It asks for money; as it speaks the words, you feel a strum of power denoting get the sense that it is not asking for money for its own sake, but is invoking your true love.

Thanqol
2015-05-03, 04:22 AM
It asks for money; as it speaks the words, you feel a strum of power denoting get the sense that it is not asking for money for its own sake, but is invoking your true love.

It asks for money. The lead sorcerer says 'fine'. Immediately half of his men turn around and walk away.

"Seriously?" he yells in confused anger. "We serve the Lord of All Torments and you were just in it for the money?"

Then the creature points out my position in the cupboard and they come for me. Is there another way out, or must I fight? Anyone should answer.

Forum Explorer
2015-05-03, 05:29 AM
Yes, you some of the bottles would make for an excellent distraction if opened.

Silent_Interim
2015-05-03, 12:42 PM
In addition, if they were distracted, you would probably be able to make it out the back window and escape that way. Otherwise, you will be forced to stand and fight.

Grombart
2015-05-08, 03:19 PM
no gods watch over you

Thanqol
2015-05-10, 06:10 PM
Sure, I could get out in an explosion of mysterious bottles and then make my way out through the back window and run to safety. But then I'd still be short a boat, and that means being stuck here for longer. Possibly for ever.

I grab a bottle full of scorpions, step around the corner, and smash it over the head sorcerer's head. Then I kick him in the chest, knocking him out of the house, and heft a bottle filled with hundreds of thousands of live ants above my head threateningly. Do they back off and give me an opportunity to get on the boat? Anyone should answer.

Forum Explorer
2015-05-10, 07:34 PM
Sorcerers they may be, but soldiers they are not. They hesitate for a crucial second.