PDA

View Full Version : Seeker of the Song

Ranis
2007-04-16, 03:11 PM
I was wondering what you guys thought of this PrC. I'm highly looking forward to playing one of these, when my bard becomes of level.

When I first fell in love with this PrC, I determined that with the allotted amount of uses of Bardic Music/day, I wasn't going to get more than 10 uses of the Seeker abilities in a day, and when those were used up, I wouldn't have any more uses of singing to assist the party, on top of only casting spells as a level 10 Bard, which isn't really anything special.

My solution? The Extra Music feat. Human Bard, we've just dinged level 4 and I have 12 uses of Bardic Music per day. While this is quite fun, I really won't shine until my first level of Seeker, during which I can spout flame by singing...let's see....27 uses of Bardic Music/day....so...26 gouts of flame per day at level 11, if I continue to sing one Fire Song then gout flame every subsequent round.

What do you guys think?

PinkysBrain
2007-04-16, 03:15 PM
It's a decent PrC ... not very powerful, but still very playable. The only problem is that it takes high level play to really get much use out of it.

I like Bard 5/dirge singer 5 as an entry into seeker of the song, because seeker doesn't advance your bard abilities anyway trading them in for the dirge singer abilities/songs which scale better works out very nicely.

Bears With Lasers
2007-04-16, 03:17 PM
Seeker of the Song isn't worth taking past 8. Their best ability is at level 6.
Because you don't actually need Bard 10 to qualify for Seeker, you can mix something in for CHA synegy, i.e. Paladin or the CG variant thereof. You can pick up CHA to saves, and Divine Power to get CHA to damage with turning attempts or maybe Divine Shield for CHA to AC, plus Snowflake Wardance (Frostburn) for CHA to AB.

jjpickar
2007-04-16, 04:01 PM
I had a player use it once in my campaign. He was a straight bard 10 seeker 2 before the game petered off. He did pretty well and the bard spells came in handy but I never fully got a gauge of how good the seekers abilities were. Still the party fire resistance is a helps a bit.