PDA

View Full Version : Patchwork Champions

storybookknight
2007-04-16, 04:50 PM
As I was perusing the occasional thread here, I saw that a certain webcomic creator was on these boards, but after a search determined that he lacked his own thread, whereas less worthy comic artists did! A travesty, I say!

To whom do I refer? He can introduce himself should he feel the need, but the comic which he writes is none other than Patchwork Champions (http://yeti.comicgenesis.com/). What makes this comic special?

First, it's one of two webcomics I know of which are sprite-based, but wholly original in their sprite design. (The other is Kid Radd, which also is animated. Worth a google!)

Secondly, it's funny. It's a story about superheroes with a lighthearted air, in a sort of City of Heroes/Antihero for Hire setting where the activity of heroes and villains is regulated. The nominal villain of the piece is a lovable, bumbling mad scientist by the name of Doctor Ecchs. (Doctor X was already taken.) The diverse and always amusing cast of heroes includes such notables as Timebender, Lucky Ladd, Mayfly, and Timebender, all people with definite personalities and detailed stories.

Who else has read it? Will the mysterious creator ever come forth?

Winged One
2007-04-16, 10:07 PM
I, for one, absolutely love it. I found it through a banner ad and agree that it deserves more than the place I gave it on our giant webcomic list of doom.

Friv
2007-04-17, 10:57 PM
Wow, I'm flattered.

Didn't figure on getting a thread over here, especially not so quickly. Thanks for the praise! :D

TimeWizard
2007-04-17, 11:58 PM
I absolutely loved Patchwork Heroes. You wove a great tale, Friv Yeti.