PDA

View Full Version : Feed me your CREEPY Witch Doctor ideas!

TrollCapAmerica
2015-04-24, 03:08 PM
Ok im gonna be babysitting a party of lovable but usually sub-optimal PCs with equally sub-par RP capability.I decided to go overboard and run a scarred Witch Doctor and focus on debuffing as much as humanly possible so the boys get more chance to smash things and feel awesome

The thing is I wanna RP him as creepy as crazed as I can in a CN manner.I wanna have the guys squirming a little too get the guys to interact and RP a little more and I need some cool ideas that I know the collective of GitP could think of.Any creepy ideas would be cool especially if I end up looking like an insane giant Muppet

Eldonauran
2015-04-24, 03:39 PM
Oohh. Have the character speak about themselves in the third person and always reference the 'spirits' when they get an idea. Make the spirits be voice in the character's head.

Example: "The spirits tell this one that you are a bad man and have seen your evil ways. The spirits call out for this one to shed your blood so that the ground may drink deep of your suffering, like all of your victims."

Do this enough, and use a proper accent, and it will create a very memorable character.

Bhu
2015-04-24, 05:09 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2059.0 <i made a debuffer class called a witch doctor here

I should warn in advance it's spells are pretty messed up. It's meant to be a not so nice class.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-24, 05:12 PM
An Archivist (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3) into Hexer from Masters of the Wild with all the best debuffing spells (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1023251) would work well. The dark knowledge and other class features are perfectly fitting for this type of character, and only an Archivist or Adept (NPC class) can qualify for the spellcasting requirement of Hexer.

Eldan
2015-04-24, 06:18 PM
As above, so below.

You want to debuff. You need poppets. But not be too evil about it, being CN, not evil. So, get a supply of small animals, like chickens. Do to them what you want done to the enemy. Cut out a chicken's eyes to blind an enemy. Call it a spell component.

TrollCapAmerica
2015-04-24, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the replies folks. Im not gonna get a chance to play until next week but the character should be pretty solid and im sure everyone will enjoy it.I still got a week so ill still keep checking to see if anyone else posts.I got some RPing ideas and thats what I was looking for moreso than other classes other classes.I could use some of this stuff and supplement it with by stealing a touch of Old Man Henderson before vomiting Wasp swarms :smallsmile:

nintendoh
2015-04-25, 12:18 AM
voodoo witch doctors traditionally have a zombie component. However as opposed to normal zombies necromantic in nature these zombies are actually still living using drugs made from exotic materials they have around say Haiti. so maybe you can have a really low level minion who is permanently dominated with drugs and who only has the gaunt feat. use them as a servant.

oh here's another idea. have you played Diablo 3... the witch doctor has a good skill as they are including the zombie bears is a summons swarm and a really creepy area of effect spell that is kind of like Evards black tentacles except they are the arms of the spirits of the underworld trying to pull you in you hear howling and what not.