PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Variant Multiclassing and PrC's

Molosse
2015-04-24, 03:51 PM
So with the introduction of Unchained has anyone picked up some fun VMC's to allow single class entry into any of the Paizo PrC's?

To my knowledge one of the easiest seems to be Battle Herald as you can grab Challenge (Ex) as a third level ability ala' VMC on any class/archetype that already rocks Inspire Courage.

(So Bard/Brawler (Exemplar)/Monk(Sensei)/Cleric (Evangelist)).

Eldonauran
2015-04-24, 05:19 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the PDF myself. Only subscribers got early access to the book. The rest of us have to wait till 04.29

grarrrg
2015-04-25, 11:07 PM
So with the introduction of Unchained has anyone picked up some fun VMC's to allow single class entry into any of the Paizo PrC's?

Battle Herald is possibly the best option.
All the "Battle Herald stacks with Cavalier level" abilities are either provided by the VMC, or work well enough on their own (so nothing is truly 'wasted').

Most of the other "single entry options" are fairly underwhelming.
Clerics (and non-Worldwalker Druids) can take Ranger VMC to get into Nature Warden. But as a 7/10 casting class it isn't all that spectacular.

Monk with Paladin VMC can take up to 9 levels of Champion of Irori. You'll count as Monk 20 for Unarmed/AC/Flurry, and gain some Smite Evil/Chaos. Overall I'd say it's possibly better than Monk X/Paladin 1/Champion X (you get better overall Smiting), but you're giving up a LOT of feats, and Monk X/Paladin 2/Champion is still probably better yet.