PDA

View Full Version : getting turn undead

True believer
2015-04-24, 06:40 PM
i am currently playing a lvl 2 , TN ,character in the Greyhawk world. I have gone for wizard1/archivist1 and then i would go for mystic theurge.
Is it a way to get turn undead ?????

Rebel7284
2015-04-24, 06:45 PM
- Sacred Excorcist is popular, but that would lose you one caster level.
- If your DM allows, you can use Planar Touchstone [Catalogs of Enlightenment] and choose that mystic domain that gives turn undead.

Incidentally, how are you qualifying so early? There are a bunch of ways to count as casting a higher level spell, but it's difficult to also get the needed 6 ranks in two knowledge skills that you need.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-04-24, 07:07 PM
The Mystic domain that gives turn undead is the Sun domain; it only grants turn undead to mystics. The Necromancer mystic domain just has rebuke undead as its power.

True believer
2015-04-24, 07:35 PM
- Sacred Excorcist is popular, but that would lose you one caster level.
- If your DM allows, you can use Planar Touchstone [Catalogs of Enlightenment] and choose that mystic domain that gives turn undead.

Incidentally, how are you qualifying so early? There are a bunch of ways to count as casting a higher level spell, but it's difficult to also get the needed 6 ranks in two knowledge skills that you need.

i would get another 2 level of archivist before i join the Mystic theurge prestige. Sacred exorchist doesn't help because he wants an alignment of Good and i am playing a TN character as i mentioned before. Ty for your comment :D

dextercorvia
2015-04-24, 07:55 PM
You can lose another caster level and dip Cleric. You can learn the Bone Talisman (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a) druid spell.