PDA

View Full Version : Knights in shiny armour!

Thelion
2007-04-16, 05:37 PM
At the moment I'm playing a 6th level Knight and I must admit I am really enjoying playing it. Due to some good rolls and high con I walk around with 81(other party members have maximum 45) hitpoints, have an excellent AC due to the shield abilities and some nice combat abilities. The only thing that really bothers me is the lack of constitution bonuses, due to that poison gets me pretty quick. In my opinion it also makes a wonderfull class to roleplay, since you're not forced to be a goody two shoes like the paladin.

What do you guys and galls think of the knight? Enjoyable, annoying, cannon fodder or a saviour?

DaMullet
2007-04-16, 06:02 PM
I think the Knight is an excellent class in flavor, and while harder to play than a Sword and Board or Barbarian, is a fine class.`

Annarrkkii
2007-04-16, 06:05 PM
I like Knights. I've never had a chance to play one, but they seem a cool idea—kind of a 20-level progression of Dwarven Defender. They strike me as having limited multiclass options—due to their heavy reliance on armor and shields—but they're certainly cool.

Ikkitosen
2007-04-16, 06:20 PM
Yeah, they're part of the D&D 2nd generation of base classes that can reasonably be taken to 20th. Nice.

asqwasqw
2007-04-16, 07:47 PM
Knight=best meatshield ever

It is fun to play, too.

Matthew
2007-04-16, 10:38 PM
Mechanically, I don't mind them. In flavour terms they should have just called this Base Class MOMCRPG Tank, but that's just my bias showing through!

I prefer less specific Base Classes, in general.

Vyker
2007-04-16, 10:45 PM
Every wizard should have one as a cohort if they're too cheap to build a golem and the DM won't let them classify a "dragon" as a "cohort." Seriously, anything is better when paired with a dragon. Anything.

Kantolin
2007-04-16, 11:20 PM
It's their particular code that bugs me about them.

I don't mind a code of honor, sure... but theirs feels more like the schoolyard bully than anything else. "I'm so good, I can beat you with one hand tied behind my back! See, watch!"

Mechanically, they're interesting, but eh. I actually prefer the Paladin's code to theirs, as it feels less like they're playing around in combat and more like actual honor. >_>

Innis Cabal
2007-04-16, 11:24 PM
i like the knight, i like every base class in the PH2...but the knight is the best, duskblade would but they kinda took a silly approch to it..and the name....makes me think of an assasin base class

asqwasqw
2007-04-17, 12:02 AM
It's their particular code that bugs me about them.

I don't mind a code of honor, sure... but theirs feels more like the schoolyard bully than anything else. "I'm so good, I can beat you with one hand tied behind my back! See, watch!"

Mechanically, they're interesting, but eh. I actually prefer the Paladin's code to theirs, as it feels less like they're playing around in combat and more like actual honor. >_>

Why does their code make them feel like the schoolyard bully? They can be arrogant, but I don't see how they have no honor.

Morgan_Scott82
2007-04-17, 02:49 AM
I really dislike the mechanics of the Knight, but from a flavor perspective I think it good.

Ruik
2007-04-17, 02:50 AM
I really dislike the mechanics of the Knight, but from a flavor perspective I think it good.
*nods in agreement*

I don't mind players calling out challenges and generally being knightly-like, but i'm not really a fan of how they put the class together.

Mesiolan
2007-04-17, 04:47 AM
A good tank is the anvil, on which the party crushes their foes.

And the knight fills this role perfectly.

I don't like the mechanics either, but RP-wise, he is good.

Ethdred
2007-04-17, 05:52 AM
Seriously, anything is better when paired with a dragon. Anything.

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream? I think not!

Vyker
2007-04-17, 05:54 AM
Seriously, anything is better when paired with a dragon. Anything.

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream? I think not!

What if the Dragon serves it to you? Like, in a silly hat and everything?

Tor the Fallen
2007-04-17, 06:01 AM
Or if it's one of the new dragons in "The Hielacon: Frozen Delights of the Frigid North"? You know, the tiny dragon with the ice cream breath weapon.

The Fudgsicle Golem looked particularly delicious. Er, vicious.

daggaz
2007-04-17, 06:05 AM
Mostly they are cool, but their abilities to effect their environment and other creatures are made of pure pure cheese. Especially knight's challenge.