PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 Save crash

Gnoman
2015-04-25, 01:26 AM
Fallout 3 wants to crash whenever I save in Megaton or just outside it - I disabled autosaves (was crashing every time I entered the city) and installed CASM, which didn't help. I have a few major mods installed (having beaten the game long ago (back when it had the idiot ending), I wanted to expand the experience), but my mod load order seems to be correct. The other oddity is that the text in the corner of the screen showing you where you are is nonsense characters.

EDIT- I think I figured it out - something got corrupted when I was installing the mods - I'm going to remod the game from scratch.

Cespenar
2015-04-25, 02:12 AM
Ugh. If you're crashing in Megaton, wait til you get to Rivet City.

Gnoman
2015-04-25, 02:28 AM
I think one of the mods I installed and decided not to use (I deleted all saves started a new game after removing it) corrupted the cell - I tried to play with just manual saving, and after a few minutes in town everything turned into red !s and crashed. I'm redownloading F3 right now, and will remember to make a virgin copy before I mod it this time.

Maybe I should just give Tale Of Two Wastelands another try, half the stuff in the mods I'm using was introducing NV features. Of course, I'll lose the other half.