PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Extra Slot for multiclass characters?

SinsI
2015-04-25, 09:28 AM
Extra Slot feat from Complete Arcane doesn't specify which caster adds the aforementioned slot if you have more than 1 casting classes.
Does this mean that if I have 14 arcane caster classes, they all will add 1 additional spell slot?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-25, 09:56 AM
The first sentence of the benefits section, "You gain one extra spell slot in your daily allotment," indicates that only one spell slot is gained, regardless of how many spellcasting classes you have.

SinsI
2015-04-25, 10:18 AM
The first sentence of the benefits section, "You gain one extra spell slot in your daily allotment," indicates that only one spell slot is gained, regardless of how many spellcasting classes you have.
But you have 14 daily allotments. So you should gain 14 extra spell slots - one extra spell slot in each daily allotment.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-25, 10:30 AM
But you have 14 daily allotments. So you should gain 14 extra spell slots - one extra spell slot in each daily allotment.

14 daily allotments would mean recovering all your spells 14 times per day. You have one daily allotment, which each of your classes contributes to.

SinsI
2015-04-25, 10:40 AM
14 daily allotments would mean recovering all your spells 14 times per day. You have one daily allotment, which each of your classes contributes to.

No. You have 14 separate spellcasting progressions, each with its own daily allotment, each getting separate Bonus Spells from high Attribute values. So just like with Bonus Spells from high attributes, Extra Slot should provide a Bonus spell for each separate class.

ShurikVch
2015-04-25, 10:43 AM
Slightly offtopic: what's about the Extra Spell feat?
Say, Alter Self spell present in spell lists of about dozen different classes. So, if you take Extra Spell (Alter Self), will i mean it added to 12 different classes?

SinsI
2015-04-25, 11:13 AM
Slightly offtopic: what's about the Extra Spell feat?
Say, Alter Self spell present in spell lists of about dozen different classes. So, if you take Extra Spell (Alter Self), will i mean it added to 12 different classes?
I'd say you add it to every class that has that spell on his class list.

BTW, if you use early entry trick for Extra Slot, do you get Bonus spells for high attribute value of that level as well?