PDA

View Full Version : Help with Deities from yesterday/today.

gameogre
2015-04-25, 09:58 AM
I'm running a Heavy Metal/ Post-Apocalyptic Dark Fantasy with heavy science fiction/gamma world mixed in. Mutant Animal pc races alongside altered standard races (Elves are Conquering Aliens who crashed and got left) Dwarves are bioengineered, most humans are Blue or Red skinned with Green Skinners a slave race ect..

Think Thunder the Barbarian mixed with Gamma World and Heavy Metal Magazines and Heavy Metal Music! Throw that into a blinder with the normal generic D&D type world and that's it.

What I need help with are Deities. See I want all the Deities for the setting will be taken from yesterday and todays time. A lot of them should be Rock Stars but some could be from anything. Oh and all the Good ones are dead. They saved whats left of the world.

Deities I need: War,Lust,Pain,Death,Murder,Technology,Protection,S ecrets,Lies,Mutation,Battle,Metal(music),Honor,Suf fering,Evil,Luck,Electricity,The Bomb,Radiation,Knowledge,The Sun,the Moon,madness,tyranny,rust,animals,natures fury, The Earth,Darkness.

I think this should be funny to see what everyone comes up with.

My sucky ideas are:

War= Patton
Lust= Marilyn
Pain= Halford
Death=Kevorkian
Murder= Charles
Tech= Jobs
Protection=DiCaprio
Secrets=
Lies=
Mutation= Xavier
Battle= Schwargnegger
Metal= Henrix
Honor= Hetfield
Suffering=Sadler/Stewart
Evil=Tsathoggua
Luck=Ferrell
Electricity= Tesla
The Bomb= Pitt
Radiation=
Knowledge=IBM
The Sun=
The Moon=
Madness=Cthulhu
Tyranny=Bain
Rust=Vorn
Animals=Bullock
Natures Fury=Robert Plant
Earth=Gia
Darkness=Osbourne
Bigotry and Pride=Hitler

gameogre
2015-04-25, 12:36 PM
Really? Well it sounded fun and something people might want to do ...in my head.

Balyano
2015-04-25, 12:50 PM
How about taking a page from Dexter's Lab's book and have Val Hallen: The Viking God of Rock

Ralanr
2015-04-25, 12:52 PM
You could take a 4 person band and turn them into the horsemen. That could cover some.

SharkForce
2015-04-25, 01:12 PM
radiation: good or bad uses? marie cure is good, oppenheimer is bad (also suitable for the bomb, i think)

secrets: J Edgar Hoover
Lies: Charles Ponzi
luck: i prefer evil knievel
moon: Neil Armstrong of course.
sun: hmmm... this is a tough one to fill in. the baby from teletubbies? :P

on a side note, you could have multiple deities in the same roles, competing for followers.

Balyano
2015-04-25, 01:34 PM
You could take a 4 person band and turn them into the horsemen. That could cover some.

But which one....Manowar...Kiss......

no

have them be a barbershop quartet in the old timey style

have a world of pure metal....and the four horsemen of the apocalypse are an old school barbershop quartet with the red and white striped vests and the hat and big 19th century mustaches.

Edit: Even better, make them the Gangsta Shop Quartet from Mad TV.

Ralanr
2015-04-25, 01:40 PM
But which one....Manowar...Kiss......

no

have them be a barbershop quartet in the old timey style

have a world of pure metal....and the four horsemen of the apocalypse are an old school barbershop quartet with the red and white striped vests and the hat and big 19th century mustaches.

Edit: Even better, make them the Gangsta Shop Quartet from Mad TV.

Or dragonforce if it's to keep with the metal.

TrollCapAmerica
2015-04-25, 03:03 PM
Deities I need: War,Lust,Pain,Death,Murder,Technology,Protection,S ecrets,Lies,Mutation,Battle,Metal(music),Honor,Suf fering,Evil,Luck,Electricity,The Bomb,Radiation,Knowledge,The Sun,the Moon,madness,tyranny,rust,animals,natures fury, The Earth,Darkness.

This could be fun

Anyways some of these would be better combined as too many Deities could be overkill like Death/Murder/Evil could be combined with lesser servitors acting as representatives of one of them if you REALLY need it for the plot

Lemme try and pepper some ideas

War-Manowar [Hail Gods of War]
Lust-Pamela Anderson, Bailey Jay, The great Sage Hefner
Pain-Cactus Jack
Technology-Flash Gordon, Nikolai Tesla
Mutation- The Toxic Avenger
Lies-Mr.President [An anthropomorphic representative of every corrupt politician], John Lovitz
Knowledge-The voice of Hawking
Radiation-Godzilla, Mr.Burns
Tyranny-Stalin, Darksied, Kim Jong [Insert sound here]
The Earth- That guy who made Earth Day and melted his girlfriend in sulfuric acid [Totally metal]