PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft XIII: Achievement Get: Bukkit Kicked

Pages : [1] 2

Eldest
2015-04-25, 12:06 PM
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/MCThreadBanner.png
Terry576 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=41225) made a very nice banner.
Previous Threads:
Ssssssss... Minecraft (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164347)
Minecraft Thread II: Just One More Block (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171864)
Minecraft Thread III: Zombie Pigs Eventually Forgives (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177349).
Minecraft Thread IV:Life's A Birch And Then You Dye (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183503)
Minecraft Thread V: Don't fear the Creeper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190226)
Minecraft Thread VI: All the Blocks Just Form this Way (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199594)
Minecraft Thread VII: Don't Blink (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209439)
Minecraft Thread VIII: Thank you, but our Princess is in another version! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216738)
Minecraft Thread IX: Beginning of the End (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12362824)
Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242521)
Minecraft Thread XI: Jeb startled the Witch! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14241618)
Thread XII: Don't Kick The Bukkit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?303563-Minecraft-Thread-XII-Don-t-Kick-the-Bukkit)
This thread is by no means primarily for the server, it is for all things minecraft-related, it's just we tend to talk about the server a lot here. So come, be merry, and build amazing things.

Non Server Stuff
Croverus is doing an LP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216357) by text of minecraft!

//__________________________________________________ ______________________
//************************************************** *************
//__________________________________________________ ______________________

Main GitP Servers:
TO BE WHITELISTED:
add your name to this spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqU4LU4RNy0AdEZqY1VudzdDaDRxTEN3NTR6Z2hvM Wc&authkey=CKedzfgI&hl=en#gid=0) in the first column marked "MINECRAFT NAME HERE", AND make a post in the thread.
http://scuzzball.serveftp.com:8080/status.png
Main Server (1.8):
"scuzzball.serveftp.com"
Mods/Admin Software: The server is modded to add extra features, however, none of these require any client modding.
Details about the worlds:

*We have different types of worlds to accomodate different ways of playing Minecraft. They are organized into groups. The main group (/wg main or /wg survival or /wg 0) is standard survival. World list:
--world: Our oldest world, and where you spawn. Set to peaceful.
--terra: Mobs spawn here. The result of a merge of some other worlds.
--release: Newest map with less stuff in it; uses the latest world generator.
--nether: Old nether, with its stuff. Mobs are off.
--nether2: New nether, with the latest world generator. Mobs are on.
--There are also two end worlds, one for world and the other for terra.
*We also have a creative group (/wg creative or /wg 1). Here, you have unlimited resources to build whatever. Also in this group is the world for Ironcraft. Nether portals in Ironcraft lead to creative and vice versa.
*Our third group is hardcore (/wg hardcore or /wg 2). Here, all mods are disabled, and the difficulty is set to Hard.
*Our final group is for roleplaying. Talk to Deme if you want to join the RP.
Beta Server (1.9):
"scuzzball.serveftp.com:2382"
Beta world details:

-All worlds whose names do not begin with "beta" are temporary copies of worlds from the main server. You may explore these worlds, however, any changes to them will be lost when we update. Even though your changes will be lost, please do not grief these worlds so that other people can explore them. On the final day before the copies are deleted, we will have a grief day and you can go nuts.
-Most other worlds are fairly self-explanatory. Creative of course has a separate inventory; you may travel to creative with /wg 1, and back to survival with /wg 0 (your position in each is saved whenever you leave the group)
Server Rules
General rules to follow while on the server.

Don't be a ****
Swearing is censored(Cause it was easier to do than not, not that it was ever a problem)
Don't steal peoples stuff
Don't break stuff that isn't yours
Use common sense

Rules for the section of the server that is RPTown:

The setting is fantasy, after a dragon attacks our ship, causes it to wreck, and leaves our characters stranded. Certain steampunk elements (jukeboxes, TNT, minecarts) are allowed, of course.
There are no classes, but most characters do have jobs and specific skills as a result of their backgrounds. Use your own discretion.
Characters should be tied to skins, but the character's name should be used in description whenever possible, as well.
Keep RP things within the RPtown area, please. This includes grudges and so on.
There is no commitment here -- play when you want to, go build and explore elsewhere when you don't. Easy enough, right?
RP should be surrounded by quotes. Dialogue can simply go inside the quotes, and extra description and action are to be within asteriks inside the quotes, to make it clear to people not inside the RP. This is a good way to use names. "Like this, you see? *Deme shuts her book and waves it* I hope that's clear."
Bringing objects is limited at first, except for building materials it would be hard or impossible to get on the landmass, but are still good for characters, like brick or mossy cobble.
However, when a character starts, they can bring a few objects and tools appropriate to the character, for fun's sake. These are objects like tools and items, appropriate to their background -- the things they may have had in what bags they could grab *quickly* or on their person. Again, use your own judgement.
PVP = A-OK. Destroying structures or stealing items, on the other hand will require advance permission from the victim and will require in-story justification, not just for lulz. Otherwise, it shall be declared griefing.
If you want to temporarily "break character" and build a labrynth or a temple of doom to serve as an adventure, feel free. This can apply for groups as well.
If you need people to play special monsters or NPCs for your plot, ask around -- you don't have to (and probably shouldn't) reveal too much until you have some takers, and then, mainly to those who need to know.
The ability to re-spawn after death is a new, strange, magical ability that only happened after the wreck. The characters wouldn't know it at first. The same, of course, applies to the monsters that fester up from the ground after dark...
When building in RPtown, be sensible. Obey whatever laws of physics apply to your character or building materials, be respectful of others' spaces. Unlike regular minecraft, these buildings have to make sense in an IC way.
Most importantly, have fun. Be curious and adventurous and not afraid to bruise the apples with chaos and conflict a little.

In case of Griefing
If you have been or think you have been or think someone else has been griefed, PM Saposhiente and HeavensAngel describing the site and saying what server(main/beta), world, and coordinates the griefing is at (you can use /getpos in game).

IronCraft
IronCraft is a Minecraft building competition in the spirit of Iron Chef.

Do not build in the Ironcraft world unless you are a current contestant, a judge, or the chairman (forbiddenwar)

Rules are:
Teams consist of no more than 6 players.
Build only with the materials provided to you by the chairman, admin or mod
Build only within set boundary for each team.
Violating rules will result in disqualification

PEOPLE TO CONTACT WHEN SERVER BREAKS

Sapo
Saposhiente (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045740818/)

Memnarch
memnarch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/memnarchx/)

Legoshrimp
2015-04-25, 12:27 PM
Woah... this is a break from tradition... :smalltongue:

So any ideas for making angled arches for my dwarven base? The times I have tried it has not looked very good.

Also I am thinking of making an automated dwaven "potion" brewing system. Any ideas for looks/style?

Emperordaniel
2015-04-25, 03:44 PM
Woah... this is a break from tradition... :smalltongue:

So any ideas for making angled arches for my dwarven base? The times I have tried it has not looked very good.

Also I am thinking of making an automated dwaven "potion" brewing system. Any ideas for looks/style?

I'd recommend using upside-down brick stairs tapering off to a point for the arches; the thing about Minecraft is that since it's a block-based game, curves don't tend to look so good unless you build large. Which isn't necessarily a problem, mind you, unless you're worried about space issues (and I guess in your case, the time required to hollow out enough area for the arches). :smalltongue:

Legoshrimp
2015-04-25, 03:51 PM
I'd recommend using upside-down brick stairs tapering off to a point for the arches; the thing about Minecraft is that since it's a block-based game, curves don't tend to look so good unless you build large. Which isn't necessarily a problem, mind you, unless you're worried about space issues (and I guess in your case, the time required to hollow out enough area for the arches). :smalltongue:

Sorry what I mean by angled is like diagonal so where A is the arch.
wwAwww
wwwAww
wwwwAw
wwwwwA
wwwwww

Astral Avenger
2015-04-25, 10:05 PM
is that on the horizontal plane or a vertical one?

Legoshrimp
2015-04-25, 11:05 PM
is that on the horizontal plane or a vertical one?

It is top down. Imagine you have a square room. and you want to make an exit to that room to the northeast, so not in one of the four directions aligned with the blocks.

NecroRebel
2015-04-25, 11:54 PM
I think some of the information in the OP needs to be updated. In particular, the server is no longer on 1.6.4, and AFAIK Scuzzball is no longer involved in maintaining it.

Depends on the scale. You can't really use stairs on diagonals, so that makes it harder to make good-looking curves unless it's large enough to make full blocks feasible, which kind of means a radius of 7 blocks at the minimum and preferably more like 11+. Being farther away from where they'll be viewed from helps, too, so higher ceilings will be easier to make convincing arches on than closer up.

It's probably easier just to make straight diagonal support beams rather than arches.

Triaxx
2015-04-26, 07:26 AM
Try this:

wwAAwwww
wwwAwwww
wwwwAwww
wwwwAAww
wwwwwAww

It makes for a much shallower arch, but looks a lot better in the world.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-04-26, 12:14 PM
So to continue the discussion on the Curse Launcher from the very end of the last thread:

The Curse Launcher pulled a fast one with permissions. Basically, any mod hosted on Curse is automatically given permission to distribute on any pack on the Curse launcher regardless of the mod author's wishes or intentions. It's part of the ToC for hosting your mod on Curse. So basically, if the mod is hosted on Curse, you can use it in your pack without worrying about permissions.

On one side, this makes pack creation VASTLY easier, since permissions are always such a ticklish area. On the other hand, it is kinda walking over mod author rights and is causing quite a kerfluffle.

This is, in my opinion, the number one draw to try and get people to go over to Curse (aside from the FTB team shoving everyone over), and probably why it will quickly outstrip any other launcher.

It's also the only launcher NOT multi-platform compatible, which probably at least makes M$ happy with their new product. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see M$ buy out Curse just to make it the default launcher, then start monetizing the mods ala Steam. It's the kind of **** move I've come to expect from them.

Saposhiente
2015-04-26, 02:22 PM
Oh come on guys I'm watching the post count, we still had 12 posts to go.
Will post official new thread (with all the proper edits *nudge nudge*) after getting multiverse set up.

Gadora
2015-04-26, 07:38 PM
Will post official new thread (with all the proper edits *nudge nudge*) after getting multiverse set up.

And then the threads will be merged, going off of what I've seen in the past.

OracleofWuffing
2015-04-26, 08:00 PM
Paging Druid91
There's an Overworld Nether Portal near the sand fortress which is currently linked to the same Nether Portal that the Spawntown Nether Portal uses. I've been in the process of making a Nether passage from spawntown to the Mushroom Island, so people can bring over Mooshrooms to the mainland (eventually, there might be a branch to the jungle, too, for cats). I think it would be ideal if that nether portal went to the same overworld portal that they entered. Is it alright if I create a new Nether Portal to link with that current Overworld portal?

The Curse Launcher pulled a fast one with permissions. Basically, any mod hosted on Curse is automatically given permission to distribute on any pack on the Curse launcher regardless of the mod author's wishes or intentions. It's part of the ToC for hosting your mod on Curse. So basically, if the mod is hosted on Curse, you can use it in your pack without worrying about permissions.

On one side, this makes pack creation VASTLY easier, since permissions are always such a ticklish area. On the other hand, it is kinda walking over mod author rights and is causing quite a kerfluffle.
May I ask which mods are making this a kerfluffle?

I'm sorry if I am ignorant, but my understanding of the whole premise of modders' rights is that the mod is supposed to have a license to which their users are supposed to read and agree before using or distributing (this probably almost never happens, but that discussion's neither here nor there). Are there seriously mod authors that disagree with Curse's license but use Curse to distribute their mod anyways... Who then want to turn around and have everyone agree with their license before they use or distribute their mod?

:smallannoyed: The more I read on the modding community, the less I want to make a mod.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-04-26, 10:08 PM
Paging Druid91May I ask which mods are making this a kerfluffle?

I'm sorry if I am ignorant, but my understanding of the whole premise of modders' rights is that the mod is supposed to have a license to which their users are supposed to read and agree before using or distributing (this probably almost never happens, but that discussion's neither here nor there). Are there seriously mod authors that disagree with Curse's license but use Curse to distribute their mod anyways... Who then want to turn around and have everyone agree with their license before they use or distribute their mod?

:smallannoyed: The more I read on the modding community, the less I want to make a mod.

Several mods left Curse when this was included in the Curse EULA rather than give Curse blanket permission to give permission to every pack on the Curse launcher. Basically, many mods have restrictive distributions, meaning you can't include it in mod packs without their explicit permission. Curse bypasses this for any pack on the Curse launcher. This got mod authors ticked off, who then left Curse for gitHub or Jenkins.

Triaxx
2015-04-27, 06:22 AM
I was wondering about the mass-exodus.

enderlord99
2015-04-28, 11:37 AM
Hey, Domochevski, I don't know how to make mods, so I'm requesting you to make one instead; it probably won't be particularly complicated, but I sincerely doubt Minetweaker (even with Modtweaker) is enough, and even more strongly doubt it of Quadrum. I'd greatly prefer if you distributed the mod via CurseVoice, but you don't have to.

It should be a compatibility addon for Thaumcraft and Enviromine. Features should include:

Warp Ward preventing your enviromine Sanity meter from going down (in addition to its usual effects)
"Normal" warp (as opposed to "Temporary" or "Permanent") lowering your sanity by a configurable amount (per point) when gained, and raising it when removed
Permanent warp lowering your sanity by another configurable amount (per point, as above) when gained
An in-game warning message when you start up the game or enter a world, appearing in chat in the latter case, if the configs make permanent warp lowers your sanity less than normal warp (something like "Warning: (name of mod) configs regarding warp-severity are borked; the game will still run, but you should probably change the configs. Ignore this if you are not the server owner."
The same warning in the Log, at a level between Severe and Fine (you decide which it should be; either Warning or Info)
(OPTIONAL) Other integration between Thaumcraft and Enviromine, if you can think of any

I need it for a pack I'm making. I will credit you... heavily.

Eldest
2015-04-28, 02:10 PM
I think some of the information in the OP needs to be updated. In particular, the server is no longer on 1.6.4, and AFAIK Scuzzball is no longer involved in maintaining it.

Updated it.

12 posts left without you saying that you were watching it to post something means I'd just make it. If you do make a second thread, it'll just merge the two. Just say something next time, you're welcome to make the next thread.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-04-28, 11:55 PM
Hey, Domochevski, I don't know how to make mods, so I'm requesting you to make one instead; it probably won't be particularly complicated, but I sincerely doubt Minetweaker (even with Modtweaker) is enough, and even more strongly doubt it of Quadrum. I'd greatly prefer if you distributed the mod via CurseVoice, but you don't have to.

It should be a compatibility addon for Thaumcraft and Enviromine. Features should include:

Warp Ward preventing your enviromine Sanity meter from going down (in addition to its usual effects)
"Normal" warp (as opposed to "Temporary" or "Permanent") lowering your sanity by a configurable amount (per point) when gained, and raising it when removed
Permanent warp lowering your sanity by another configurable amount (per point, as above) when gained
An in-game warning message when you start up the game or enter a world, appearing in chat in the latter case, if the configs make permanent warp lowers your sanity less than normal warp (something like "Warning: (name of mod) configs regarding warp-severity are borked; the game will still run, but you should probably change the configs. Ignore this if you are not the server owner."
The same warning in the Log, at a level between Severe and Fine (you decide which it should be; either Warning or Info)
(OPTIONAL) Other integration between Thaumcraft and Enviromine, if you can think of any

I need it for a pack I'm making. I will credit you... heavily.

Wow... where to start?

Umm... What you are asking is stupidly hard, in fact I'm not even sure it is possible without base edits to Enviromine, who doesn't have an API. And you're basically begging someone to make a mod that is a bridge between two other mods he has no personal experience with. THEN you're begging him to release on Curse, right after the discussion on why some are hesitant to do so, and he's never worked with Curse before so there's a learning curve to THAT as well...

I shall be polite and merely say that your... request... lacks... umm... let's go with 'tact'. Yes, your 'request' lacks... 'tact'.

enderlord99
2015-04-29, 11:23 AM
Wow... where to start?

Umm... What you are asking is stupidly hard, in fact I'm not even sure it is possible without base edits to Enviromine, who doesn't have an API. And you're basically begging someone to make a mod that is a bridge between two other mods he has no personal experience with. THEN you're begging him to release on Curse, right after the discussion on why some are hesitant to do so, and he's never worked with Curse before so there's a learning curve to THAT as well...

I shall be polite and merely say that your... request... lacks... umm... let's go with 'tact'. Yes, your 'request' lacks... 'tact'.

So, basically, "It'll never happen?"

Domochevsky
2015-04-29, 11:32 AM
... it probably won't be particularly complicated ...

ohgod

Basically what Shneekey said. Not happening. >_>

(Except that I do indeed have experience with Curse, since I host my mod files there and have in fact received monies twice from the ad system. The Curse Voice thing on the other hand... that's a bit weird. Somewhat of a jerk move to go over modders' heads like that, but good for mod pack makers, I suppose. Kinda divided on that topic.)

OracleofWuffing
2015-04-29, 08:06 PM
So, I guess I need to formally report a minor griefing incident? My Deep Storage Unit (Coords 167 / 69 / 479, Overworld) has been mostly-filled with water between yesterday and today. All that was stored in there was just a surplus of stuff I wasn't using, and I'm guessing it's all still there, just slightly less accessible than usual. But, like, it totally ruined the vines ladder, and that can take, like, a quarter of a day to regrow, so that's like, I dunno, almost imaginary emotional damage?

I received an anonymous tip that Heav might know something about it. :smalltongue:

Astral Avenger
2015-04-30, 10:36 AM
So, I guess I need to formally report a minor griefing incident? My Deep Storage Unit (Coords 167 / 69 / 479, Overworld) has been mostly-filled with water between yesterday and today. All that was stored in there was just a surplus of stuff I wasn't using, and I'm guessing it's all still there, just slightly less accessible than usual. But, like, it totally ruined the vines ladder, and that can take, like, a quarter of a day to regrow, so that's like, I dunno, almost imaginary emotional damage?

I received an anonymous tip that Heav might know something about it. :smalltongue:

That might have been incidental damage from when the reservoir got filled in over the past few days. I dont know that corner of spawn area well enough to know off the top of my head.

I was exploring in the nether today looking for glowstone and I encountered a ghast. Not a big problem, my bow can oneshot them, and shooting their fire charges is fun. The problem came from the pigmen that decided to agro me right after the ghast died. I don't know how or why they agro'd me, I didn't shoot them during the fight. Anyway, they killed me, i hit /back, they one-shot me, /back, they one-shot me, /back, they one-shot me, /back, they one-shot me, I give that up as a bad job, run back to my temple fortress, grab my diamond armor set and a spare sword. /back, nearly die to the one that had picked up my normal sword, but kill all 6 of the pigmen in the area, and get all my shiny metal and diamond stuff back.

Anyway, point of the story is, does anyone have a fast xp grinder set up? I need to get my levels back.

Legoshrimp
2015-04-30, 12:00 PM
That might have been incidental damage from when the reservoir got filled in over the past few days. I dont know that corner of spawn area well enough to know off the top of my head.

I was exploring in the nether today looking for glowstone and I encountered a ghast. Not a big problem, my bow can oneshot them, and shooting their fire charges is fun. The problem came from the pigmen that decided to agro me right after the ghast died. I don't know how or why they agro'd me, I didn't shoot them during the fight. Anyway, they killed me, i hit /back, they one-shot me, /back, they one-shot me, /back, they one-shot me, /back, they one-shot me, I give that up as a bad job, run back to my temple fortress, grab my diamond armor set and a spare sword. /back, nearly die to the one that had picked up my normal sword, but kill all 6 of the pigmen in the area, and get all my shiny metal and diamond stuff back.

Anyway, point of the story is, does anyone have a fast xp grinder set up? I need to get my levels back.

/warp dualspawner not sure who set it up but it is pretty good.

NecroRebel
2015-04-30, 12:54 PM
/warp dualspawner not sure who set it up but it is pretty good.

I built the actual farm and crusher system, though other people have added additional storage space to it since. I still mean to get back to improving it, but haven't done so yet. I want to add an enchanting room, tree farm, cobble generator, melon farm, and brewing stand down there so it's easier to use, but, again, haven't gotten to it yet.

Legoshrimp
2015-04-30, 01:09 PM
I built the actual farm and crusher system, though other people have added additional storage space to it since. I still mean to get back to improving it, but haven't done so yet. I want to add an enchanting room, tree farm, cobble generator, melon farm, and brewing stand down there so it's easier to use, but, again, haven't gotten to it yet.

I might (at least temporarily, most likely permanently if I put it there) set up an enchanting room there since that is when I enchant stuff so it will be easier.

Edit:
I added it, but I am not sure where is best to put it so it is in a very functionality focused place right now. I will let necro decide where it ends up in the end.

OracleofWuffing
2015-04-30, 07:50 PM
Would you consider a nanofarm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGDQ_mPhC2c) over a melon farm? That way one could turn all those bones to grow a chestful of food fairly quick.

I had also thought a fishing pond would be nice, so then you could get a slow trickle of experience and enchanted books while you're waiting for monsters to spawn to get experience to enchant books, because I like getting experience and enchanting books, but thought the idea might've been overkill.

ShortOne
2015-04-30, 08:32 PM
Hello, I am back from the black lagoons of space (and college)! I would like to be whitelisted on the current server to reduce nausea and various other clipping-related pains (also maybe to build things). My Minecraft name is LittleRaven, and I added myself to the Google spreadsheet for ease of identification.

NecroRebel
2015-04-30, 09:37 PM
Would you consider a nanofarm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGDQ_mPhC2c) over a melon farm? That way one could turn all those bones to grow a chestful of food fairly quick.

The melons are for people with spare gold and gunpowder to make healing potions with so they can mass-kill the mobs. Just like how the tree farm and cobble generator would be to help make stone swords to make armored skeletons and zombies 1-hit-kills after the crusher takes them down. It is a good idea to put in a minifarm for food, though.

I had also thought a fishing pond would be nice, so then you could get a slow trickle of experience and enchanted books while you're waiting for monsters to spawn to get experience to enchant books, because I like getting experience and enchanting books, but thought the idea might've been overkill.

Also a good idea.

If people want to start putting extra amenities in down there, the place to do it would be above the skeleton spawner chamber, which is to the left as you look at the collection point. If I remember correctly, you'll have to go up one block to get above the redstone for the lights, but otherwise it should be nothing but rock and cave. The zombie spawner is more-or-less on the same level as the waiting room in there past the right-hand wall, so that's not really usable, but the left side is very usable.

Emperordaniel
2015-04-30, 10:51 PM
Well, the Necropolis is basically finished*, so I'm beginning work now on a Transcontinental Railway, with its first station located at the base of Spawn Mountain. If anyone knows an abandoned mineshaft I can grab rails from, that would be great - since I used up all of my own iron to build the beacon at the Necropolis. Other donations of iron, gold, cobble, and gravel are also appreciated. :smalltongue:

*excepting the visitor's center, which will be completed when the railway reaches the Necropolis

Astral Avenger
2015-05-01, 10:01 AM
Built a nanofarm right next to the spawn enchanting hut. Feel free to use, but it's a bring your own bone situation.

enderlord99
2015-05-01, 03:39 PM
Is there a way to make the player, upon starting a new game, start in a dimension other than the overworld? I'm making a pack where the overworld is completely inaccessible, and might as well not exist, but that won't work if you start there!

EDIT: Domo, is BEQOsNtDi6xRDGzqIAT7 your name on Curse, or the name of someone ripping you off? Because both QuiverBow and WorldDrop are, in fact, available via the CurseVoice client, and that's the listed mod author...

Domochevsky
2015-05-01, 04:36 PM

EDIT: Domo, is BEQOsNtDi6xRDGzqIAT7 your name on Curse, or the name of someone ripping you off? Because both QuiverBow and WorldDrop are, in fact, available via the CurseVoice client, and that's the listed mod author...

Yeah. Curse used to have a function called "Alias", where your display name ("Domochevsky") would be different from your account name ("BEQOsNtDi6xRDGzqIAT7").

They removed that function at some point. :smallannoyed:

enderlord99
2015-05-01, 04:55 PM
The mod called "Netherless" just prevents the creation of portals, right? It doesn't remove the dimension entirely? Because I intend to use it to make the overworld inaccessible in a pack in which you start in the Nether.

How do I make the player start in the Nether, anyway? There must be some way!

Alent
2015-05-01, 05:15 PM
The mod called "Netherless" just prevents the creation of portals, right? It doesn't remove the dimension entirely? Because I intend to use it to make the overworld inaccessible in a pack in which you start in the Nether.

How do I make the player start in the Nether, anyway? There must be some way!

Is there some reason you can't just get one of the Biome mods and set all the overworld biomes to hell?

enderlord99
2015-05-01, 05:24 PM
Is there some reason you can't just get one of the Biome mods and set all the overworld biomes to hell?

The biome isn't what I'm worried about; I need them to actually start in the Nether. The idea of the pack is that the Overworld was completely destroyed by an unfathomable force, such that not even airblocks remained, and a few "lucky" beings were transported to other dimensions in the process. The player ended up in the Nether, and, using the World Drop mod, has to climb up through (in order) the Deep Dark; the Erebus; the Twilight Forest; the Aether; and the End.

Domochevsky
2015-05-02, 07:29 PM
The biome isn't what I'm worried about; I need them to actually start in the Nether. The idea of the pack is that the Overworld was completely destroyed by an unfathomable force, such that not even airblocks remained, and a few "lucky" beings were transported to other dimensions in the process. The player ended up in the Nether, and, using the World Drop mod, has to climb up through (in order) the Deep Dark; the Erebus; the Twilight Forest; the Aether; and the End.

Hm... yeah, I don't think there's a mod for that, since usually there's no way for you to even get wood in vanilla, or other basic materials to start out with. Can't farm, can't find meat. No dirt to grow more trees, if you were to have some saplings somehow. (Can't even make a pick.)

The nether is quite limiting, come to think of it. >_>
It IS possible to make a mod that sends the player to the nether when they join the game, though. Dunno about safeties, however.
Alternatively you could make the overworld an all-encompassing "has no blocks" biome (or one with just one island floating in nothing, for the player to jump off of), causing the player to just fall into the void and down into the nether if you've set the World Drop transition up accordingly.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-02, 10:57 PM
If you're doing a map rather than a mod pack, you can just WorldEdit the spawn point.

enderlord99
2015-05-02, 11:05 PM
If you're doing a map rather than a mod pack
Not the case. It's a modpack, and (for the most part) not designed to have a premade map.

EDIT: Someone named "Carliman" seems to be working on adding the exact feature I wanted to a mod he made. Apparently, it's the only part of that mod that doesn't work yet.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-03, 12:34 AM
Not the case. It's a modpack, and (for the most part) not designed to have a premade map.

EDIT: Someone named "Carliman" seems to be working on adding the exact feature I wanted to a mod he made. Apparently, it's the only part of that mod that doesn't work yet.

There's no way I know of currently to set your spawn in the nether. Unless you design it for Hardcore, the first time you die, you end up in the Overworld.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-03, 02:17 AM
NecroRebel (or I guess anyone else that understands redstone), do you have a picture or a diagram or something showing how your piston smasher in DualSpawner works? I want to have something like it in my Guardian trap, but whenever I look into how to make a button that makes a signal that lasts longer than a regular button press, all I come up reading is, "T-flip-flop your latch with a XOR edge detector vertical detection activated seamless mechanism that bud switches your hopper clock hipster style." Which does a very good job of telling me what I need to do without showing how I need to do it.

And bonus points to anyone that decides to make a redstone contraption that literally does exactly that quoted statement.

Astral Avenger
2015-05-03, 10:24 AM
NecroRebel (or I guess anyone else that understands redstone), do you have a picture or a diagram or something showing how your piston smasher in DualSpawner works? I want to have something like it in my Guardian trap, but whenever I look into how to make a button that makes a signal that lasts longer than a regular button press, all I come up reading is, "T-flip-flop your latch with a XOR edge detector vertical detection activated seamless mechanism that bud switches your hopper clock hipster style." Which does a very good job of telling me what I need to do without showing how I need to do it.

And bonus points to anyone that decides to make a redstone contraption that literally does exactly that quoted statement.

r = redstone dust
c = redstone repeater
D = dirt or other solid block
B = Button
P = Piston

1 rCCCCCCCr
2 rrrCCCCCr
3 rrrrrCCCr
4 rrrrrrrCrP
5 D
6 B

Put all the repeaters at max time, piston can be moved along that right edge of redstone.
Design is quite easy to expand further, and timing can be adjusted by adjusting the setting of the repeaters/adding&removing rows of repeaters.

I would be shocked if no one has a better way to do this, but it works for me.

NecroRebel
2015-05-03, 11:00 AM

Well, the way I did it was have the button set an RS-NOR latch, and have the RS-NOR's set position A) extend the piston and B) send a signal through a long line of repeaters that reset the RS-NOR once the signal gets all the way through. The repeaters are calibrated such that the piston retracts after damaging the mobs 18 times (because they take 1/2 heart of fall damage), though I did that with trial and error.

I'm fairly sure you can chop down the wall directly next to the crusher button to get into its redstone, though if you don't understand what you're looking at it's hard to tell what's what, and I didn't build the thing with easy understanding in mind. It's kind of messy with the lines for the lights snaking through, too.

You may find the wiki's article on memory circuits, especially RS-latches (http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Memory_circuit#RS_Latches), elucidating, though it also might not help much - again, if you don't understand what you're looking at it's hard to tell what's what. I typically use the vertical RS-NOR design that they have labeled F, and did on the dualspawner.

In any case, all that you really need is a way to extend the pulse to the piston long enough to crush the mobs for a suitable time. Astral Avenger's way would work, but I think it's actually larger and more expensive for the length of pulse you'll need. Looking at pulse extender (http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Pulse_circuit#Pulse_extender) designs is probably a good idea. They have an RS-NOR based extender that integrates the RS-NOR into the timer, whereas I have mine separate, but they're functionally identical. I simply normally remember how to do the separate standard RS-NOR and didn't consider mixing them like that.

Legoshrimp
2015-05-03, 12:31 PM
Also if you are worried about space using a hopper timer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYwzd62cLSw) might be more space(and resource efficient).

NecroRebel
2015-05-03, 01:18 PM
Also if you are worried about space using a hopper timer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYwzd62cLSw) might be more space(and resource efficient).

There's a variant of that hopper clock, where you replace one of the sticky pistons with a regular piston and is otherwise unchanged, that will only go through its time once rather than constantly. That effectively turns it into a versatile pulse extender.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-03, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the help, Necro.

I feel like it's the other way around: I understand what I see, but not what I read. This (http://i48.tinypic.com/117grc0.jpg) made sense, use a redstone torch on the side of a block to turn off the redstone torch that actually sends the signal to the piston, then use repeaters to take the signal before the signal torch to set the duration of the button while disabling the first torch you placed on the side. The alphabet soup of operators, while I understand what they mean in writing, just doesn't "connect" to Minecraft blocks.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-07, 04:15 AM
so i recently downloaded an unoffical modpack to join a group's multiplayer server sometime tomorrow once i'm whitelisted. but the problem is that with all of these new mods on my current minecraft client i can't play my slightly-modded singleplayer world without switching all the configs and mods out. is there any way to get a seccond minecraft clinety/launcher i can move all theise mods too and keep my main one for my singleplayer needs?

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-07, 04:44 AM
The Minecraft Launcher calls those Profiles. There's a button to add a New Profile button on your lower-left, before you click the "Play" button to launch Minecraft. That'll make a new profile based off of your currently selected profile, so you'll still have to do the mod and configuration switcharoo one last time. Once that's sat up as two separate profiles, though, just make sure the profile you want to use is selected in the drop down box before you click the "Play" button.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-07, 05:32 AM
but there's only one "mods" folder in the .minecraft folder, if i put the mod that is not in the modpack in there it will mess with the modpack, and the modpack will mess with the singleplayer world won't it?

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-07, 10:23 AM
Bad time to point out that MultiMC handles multiple instances with dramatically different setups easily?

I've got a private server pack, a TerraFirmaCraft pack, and a couple of the FTB packs all running through MultiMC with zero problems. Each instance has its own mod folder.

NecroRebel
2015-05-07, 11:05 AM
so i recently downloaded an unoffical modpack to join a group's multiplayer server sometime tomorrow once i'm whitelisted. but the problem is that with all of these new mods on my current minecraft client i can't play my slightly-modded singleplayer world without switching all the configs and mods out. is there any way to get a seccond minecraft clinety/launcher i can move all theise mods too and keep my main one for my singleplayer needs?

Go into the Minecraft launcher and, in the lower left, click the New Profile button. In the dialogue box that pops up, name the new profile (something like "modded SMP" would be appropriate), then find the box next to "Game Directory" and check it, then change the directory in there to something else, anything else should work, and then put your mods folder in the directory the new profile points to.

You'll likely need to also need to alter the base version of Minecraft you use; in the drop-down box labeled "Use Version" select which one is appropriate. I know Forge actually alters the base version, so if it's a Forge-based modpack - fairly likely - you'll need to find that. When installed, Forge normally makes a new profile named Forge for you, but you'll still need to tell it to use a different game directory than the standard one.

Note that this is all going from memory for me, so it may not be 100% accurate. Been a long time since I had to start modding an unmodded setup :smallredface:

enderlord99
2015-05-07, 12:38 PM
Bad time to point out that MultiMC handles multiple instances with dramatically different setups easily?

It should be fine as long as you only say it once or twice, rather than insisting on it.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-07, 06:40 PM
but there's only one "mods" folder in the .minecraft folder, if i put the mod that is not in the modpack in there it will mess with the modpack, and the modpack will mess with the singleplayer world won't it?
Shoot, yeah, NecroRebel's right, you'll have to change the Game Directory for one of the profiles.

---

In unrelated news, while caving out the area around my Ocean Monument, I've found that at least one, possibly two, chunks are slime chunks. My initial plan was to cave everything out to encourage more guardian spawns, but slimeballs are still kinda hard to come by and I have a feeling people would want more slime blocks than prismarine. Would anyone like to weigh in on this? I could keep the light levels high and then only guardians and slimes would spawn in those chunks, but (relatively speaking) that'd mean fewer spawns for people going for one and not the other.

Legoshrimp
2015-05-07, 09:05 PM
Shoot, yeah, NecroRebel's right, you'll have to change the Game Directory for one of the profiles.

---

In unrelated news, while caving out the area around my Ocean Monument, I've found that at least one, possibly two, chunks are slime chunks. My initial plan was to cave everything out to encourage more guardian spawns, but slimeballs are still kinda hard to come by and I have a feeling people would want more slime blocks than prismarine. Would anyone like to weigh in on this? I could keep the light levels high and then only guardians and slimes would spawn in those chunks, but (relatively speaking) that'd mean fewer spawns for people going for one and not the other.

I know there is a slime chunk in part of my base at spawn. So it might not be really needed if someone wants to set up a farm there.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-08, 09:32 AM
Go into the Minecraft launcher and, in the lower left, click the New Profile button. In the dialogue box that pops up, name the new profile (something like "modded SMP" would be appropriate), then find the box next to "Game Directory" and check it, then change the directory in there to something else, anything else should work, and then put your mods folder in the directory the new profile points to.

You'll likely need to also need to alter the base version of Minecraft you use; in the drop-down box labeled "Use Version" select which one is appropriate. I know Forge actually alters the base version, so if it's a Forge-based modpack - fairly likely - you'll need to find that. When installed, Forge normally makes a new profile named Forge for you, but you'll still need to tell it to use a different game directory than the standard one.

Note that this is all going from memory for me, so it may not be 100% accurate. Been a long time since I had to start modding an unmodded setup :smallredface:

nnaky, i haven't tried this yet because both lazy and immersed in bees, bnut i'll have to try this out sometime. thanks.

enderlord99
2015-05-08, 11:11 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to make a mod that does nothing but give a continuous nausea debuff to anyone on the server whose playername is direwolf20.

I also wonder if it would be possible to convince Pahimar to add that mod to Forgecraft, at least for a day or two.

Dire wouldn't be able to get revenge because the person who made the mod wouldn't (necessarily) be whitelisted in the first place! IT'S THE ULTIMATE PRANK!

Why are you looking at me like that?

NecroRebel
2015-05-08, 11:50 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to make a mod that does nothing but give a continuous nausea debuff to anyone on the server whose playername is direwolf20.

If I remember right, as a prank, Azanor, author of the Thaumcraft mod, made direwolf20 give an unusual result when scanned with a thaumometer in one of the TC4 beta versions, so it should be possible at least. How one would go about doing that I do not know, but that's probably the easiest part of this plan of yours.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-10, 05:16 PM
I understand GregTech once did a similar thing with a certain other mod author in the past...

Taking a lazy look at outdated tutorials, you'd probably hook into the onEntityUpdate event, check if the entity's a player, check if the player's name matches (apparently you'd use the UUID for this now, since there's the whole name changing thing going on, but details), and then addPotionEffect(...) for nausea for like 8 seconds.

You'd probably also want to check if the entity already had nausea, in order to prevent spamming the effect worthlessly.

I know of at least one mod that has an effect that removes other effects automatically, though, so there's going to be workarounds unless you really wanna dig into it.

enderlord99
2015-05-10, 06:06 PM
I really need to learn how to read crash reports...
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Sorry :(

Time: 5/10/15 3:59 PM
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/network/IPacketHandler
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(Load Controller.java:163)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:52 2)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraf tLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:206)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecr aft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecr aft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148 )
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.j ava:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.jav a:28)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/network/IPacketHandler
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(F MLModContainer.java:440)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleE vent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscr iber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java: 47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(Event Bus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueued Events(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus. java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModC ontainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateM essage(LoadController.java:190)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleE vent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscr iber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java: 47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeState Message(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:51 1)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.network.IPacketHandler
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.find Class(LaunchClassLoader.java:101)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:4 24)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 57)
... 35 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 462960008 bytes (441 MB) / 962068480 bytes (917 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerform ance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx2048m -Xms256m -XX:PermSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.141.1403 Minecraft Forge 10.13.3.1403 54 mods loaded, 54 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
FML{7.10.141.1403} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1403-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Forge{10.13.3.1403} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1403-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
CodeChickenCore{1.0.6.39} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NotEnoughItems{1.0.4.100} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.100-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumicTinkerer-preloader{0.1} [Thaumic Tinkerer Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
WitchingGadgetsCore{1.1.6} [Witching Gadgets Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
mod_ThreadedLighting{1.7.10-1.0} [Threaded Lighting] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
gilded-games-util{1.7.10-1.1} [Gilded Games Utility] (gilded-games-util (1).jar) Unloaded->Constructed
betterloadingscreen{1.3.0} [Better Loading Screen] ([1.7.10] BetterLoadingScreen-1.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
aether{Alpha 1.7.10-1.3} [Aether II] (aether (2).jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Baubles{1.0.1.10} [Baubles] (Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Thaumcraft{4.2.3.5} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
AetherAspects{Alpha 1.7.10-1.2} [Aether Aspects] (AetherAspects-1.7.10-1.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Apocalypse{0.0.6} [§cApocalypse§r] (Apocalypse-1.7.10-0.0.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
AppleCore{1.1.0} [AppleCore] (AppleCore-mc1.7.10-1.1.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
bdlib{1.7.1.71} [BD Lib] (bdlib-mc1710-1.7.1.71.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Forestry{3.5.6.15} [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry_1.7.10-3.5.6.15.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
BinnieCore{1.8.0} [Binnie Core] (binnie-mods-1.8.0.jar) Unloaded->Errored
ExtraBees{1.8.0} [Extra Bees] (binnie-mods-1.8.0.jar) Unloaded->Errored
ExtraTrees{1.8.0} [Extra Trees] (binnie-mods-1.8.0.jar) Unloaded->Errored
AWWayofTime{v1.3.2} [Blood Magic: Alchemical Wizardry] (BloodMagic-1.7.10-1.3.2-1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Botania{r1.6-187} [Botania] (Botania r1.6-187.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
craftingpillars{1.6.0} [Crafting Pillars Mod] (CraftingPillars-1.7.x-1.6.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
CustomSpawner{3.3.0} [DrZhark's CustomSpawner] (CustomMobSpawner 3.3.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed
DeadlyWorld{1.0.2} [Deadly World] (DeadlyWorld-1.7.10-1.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
MoCreatures{6.3.1} [DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod] (DrZharks MoCreatures Mod v6.3.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed
EnderStorage{1.4.7.33} [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage-1.7.10-1.4.7.33-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMultipart{1.1.2.331} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.331-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumicTinkerer{unspecified} [Thaumic Tinkerer] (ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-164.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForbiddenMagic{1.7.10-0.562} [Forbidden Magic] (Forbidden Magic-1.7.10-0.562.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
McMultipart{1.1.2.331} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.331-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Railcraft{9.6.1.0} [Railcraft] (Railcraft_1.7.10-9.6.1.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
MagicBees{@VERSION@} [Magic Bees] (magicbees-1.7.10-2.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
gendustry{1.4.10.77} [GenDustry] (gendustry-mc1710-1.4.10.77.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
MineTweaker3{3.0.9B} [MineTweaker 3] (MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9C.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
modtweaker2{0.8.2} [Mod Tweaker 2] (ModTweaker 2-0.8.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Morpheus{1.7.10-1.6.4} [Morpheus] (Morpheus-1.7.10-1.6.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|AppEng{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Applied Energistics 2] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|Botany{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Botany] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|Forestry{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Forestry] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|CraftingTables{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Crafting Tables] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|ExNihilo{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Ex Nihilo] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
SpiceOfLife{1.2.3} [The Spice of Life] (SpiceOfLife-mc1.7.10-1.2.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumcraftMobAspects{1.7.2-2A} [Thaumcraft Mob Aspects] (ThaumcraftMobAspects-1.7.2-2A.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumicHorizons{1.1.1} [Thaumic Horizons] (thaumichorizons-1.7.10-1.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
elysium{1.0} [The Elysium] (TheElysium-1.7.x-1.0.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
TravellersGear{1.16.2} [Traveller's Gear] (TravellersGear-1.7.10-1.16.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
TwilightForest{2.3.5} [The Twilight Forest] (twilightforest-1.7.10-2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
WitchingGadgets{1.1.6} [Witching Gadgets] (WitchingGadgets-1.7.10-1.1.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
aobd{2.6.2} [Another One Bites The Dust] (AOBD-2.6.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMicroblock{1.1.2.331} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.331-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
HungerOverhaul{1.7.10-1.0.0.jenkins75} [Hunger Overhaul] (HungerOverhaul-1.7.10-1.0.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
GL info: ' Vendor: 'Intel' Version: '4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.3958' Renderer: 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000'

What's an IPacketHandler, and what's wrong with mine?

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-10, 06:13 PM
I really need to learn how to read crash reports...
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Sorry :(

Time: 5/10/15 3:59 PM
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/network/IPacketHandler
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(Load Controller.java:163)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:52 2)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraf tLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:206)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecr aft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecr aft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148 )
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.j ava:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.jav a:28)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/network/IPacketHandler
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(F MLModContainer.java:440)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModC ontainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateM essage(LoadController.java:190)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeState Message(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:51 1)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.network.IPacketHandler
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.find Class(LaunchClassLoader.java:101)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:4 24)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 57)
... 35 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 462960008 bytes (441 MB) / 962068480 bytes (917 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerform ance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx2048m -Xms256m -XX:PermSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.141.1403 Minecraft Forge 10.13.3.1403 54 mods loaded, 54 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
FML{7.10.141.1403} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1403-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Forge{10.13.3.1403} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1403-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
CodeChickenCore{1.0.6.39} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NotEnoughItems{1.0.4.100} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.100-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumicTinkerer-preloader{0.1} [Thaumic Tinkerer Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
WitchingGadgetsCore{1.1.6} [Witching Gadgets Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
mod_ThreadedLighting{1.7.10-1.0} [Threaded Lighting] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
gilded-games-util{1.7.10-1.1} [Gilded Games Utility] (gilded-games-util (1).jar) Unloaded->Constructed
betterloadingscreen{1.3.0} [Better Loading Screen] ([1.7.10] BetterLoadingScreen-1.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
aether{Alpha 1.7.10-1.3} [Aether II] (aether (2).jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Baubles{1.0.1.10} [Baubles] (Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Thaumcraft{4.2.3.5} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
AetherAspects{Alpha 1.7.10-1.2} [Aether Aspects] (AetherAspects-1.7.10-1.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Apocalypse{0.0.6} [§cApocalypse§r] (Apocalypse-1.7.10-0.0.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
AppleCore{1.1.0} [AppleCore] (AppleCore-mc1.7.10-1.1.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
bdlib{1.7.1.71} [BD Lib] (bdlib-mc1710-1.7.1.71.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Forestry{3.5.6.15} [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry_1.7.10-3.5.6.15.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
AWWayofTime{v1.3.2} [Blood Magic: Alchemical Wizardry] (BloodMagic-1.7.10-1.3.2-1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Botania{r1.6-187} [Botania] (Botania r1.6-187.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
craftingpillars{1.6.0} [Crafting Pillars Mod] (CraftingPillars-1.7.x-1.6.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
CustomSpawner{3.3.0} [DrZhark's CustomSpawner] (CustomMobSpawner 3.3.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed
DeadlyWorld{1.0.2} [Deadly World] (DeadlyWorld-1.7.10-1.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
MoCreatures{6.3.1} [DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod] (DrZharks MoCreatures Mod v6.3.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed
EnderStorage{1.4.7.33} [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage-1.7.10-1.4.7.33-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMultipart{1.1.2.331} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.331-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumicTinkerer{unspecified} [Thaumic Tinkerer] (ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-164.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForbiddenMagic{1.7.10-0.562} [Forbidden Magic] (Forbidden Magic-1.7.10-0.562.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
McMultipart{1.1.2.331} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.331-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Railcraft{9.6.1.0} [Railcraft] (Railcraft_1.7.10-9.6.1.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
MagicBees{@VERSION@} [Magic Bees] (magicbees-1.7.10-2.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
gendustry{1.4.10.77} [GenDustry] (gendustry-mc1710-1.4.10.77.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
MineTweaker3{3.0.9B} [MineTweaker 3] (MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9C.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
modtweaker2{0.8.2} [Mod Tweaker 2] (ModTweaker 2-0.8.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Morpheus{1.7.10-1.6.4} [Morpheus] (Morpheus-1.7.10-1.6.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|AppEng{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Applied Energistics 2] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|Botany{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Botany] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|Forestry{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Forestry] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|CraftingTables{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Crafting Tables] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
NEIAddons|ExNihilo{1.12.7.21} [NEI Addons: Ex Nihilo] (neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.7.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
SpiceOfLife{1.2.3} [The Spice of Life] (SpiceOfLife-mc1.7.10-1.2.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumcraftMobAspects{1.7.2-2A} [Thaumcraft Mob Aspects] (ThaumcraftMobAspects-1.7.2-2A.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ThaumicHorizons{1.1.1} [Thaumic Horizons] (thaumichorizons-1.7.10-1.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
elysium{1.0} [The Elysium] (TheElysium-1.7.x-1.0.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
TravellersGear{1.16.2} [Traveller's Gear] (TravellersGear-1.7.10-1.16.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
TwilightForest{2.3.5} [The Twilight Forest] (twilightforest-1.7.10-2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
WitchingGadgets{1.1.6} [Witching Gadgets] (WitchingGadgets-1.7.10-1.1.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
aobd{2.6.2} [Another One Bites The Dust] (AOBD-2.6.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMicroblock{1.1.2.331} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.331-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
HungerOverhaul{1.7.10-1.0.0.jenkins75} [Hunger Overhaul] (HungerOverhaul-1.7.10-1.0.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
GL info: ' Vendor: 'Intel' Version: '4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.3958' Renderer: 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000'

What's an IPacketHandler, and what's wrong with mine?

Your Binne's Mods are the wrong version, they're built for 1.8.0 rather than 1.7.10.

If nothing jumps out at you at what is causing the error, check the mod list for anything with 'errored' and you're probably getting close.

enderlord99
2015-05-10, 06:14 PM
Your Binne's Mods are the wrong version, they're built for 1.8.0 rather than 1.7.10.

...The same thing happened with NEI at one point.

Saposhiente
2015-05-11, 01:03 AM
Apologies for the delay; I'm now in AP testing weeks, which for me are like finals week except harder and with no shorter schedule. As a first part of the process to get the worlds back up, the whitelist/spectate system has been improved, and players who are already on the whitelist should no longer need to be gamemode'd by mods. (Mods: Use /admit to whitelist and survival mode people, and /suspend to unwhitelist them).
LittleRaven, The_IIIusionist, and Master_kerfuffle have been added to the whitelist.

HeavensAngel
2015-05-12, 12:46 PM
Hello everyone! I have a request for any of you who would be willing to aid me in my mission to fully automatize the Survival Pyramid.

So far I have room in the circuitry beneath the bedrock of the pyramid floor for 30 waves... The first 10 waves can have up to 28 different kinds of mobs spawned in that one wave. Now I am not sure with the way command blocks work if that allows me to spawn more than one kind of mob at one coordinate, or if it has to be one mob of one kind, per command block (I will finish watching the video and look more into command blocks, and make an edit appropriate to the capabilities of what can be spawned). The 11th - 30th waves have room for up to 27 different mob spawning command blocks. You may lose 1 or 2 spots of command blocks in order to add a repeater, so that the circuit can make it to the end. [Edit] I have learned that I will need to add further command blocks, depending on the number of unique mobs spawned per wave. For example, if wave 1 spawned a 5 skeletons, a slime, 2 zombies, and a pig, I would need four more command blocks, because I have spawned four unique mobs. Now the question that I need to find out is, if a mob in one of the command blocks gets enchanted gear, does that make it, its own unique mob, or is a zombie, still a zombie, still a zombie. It will have to be tested of course. Many more Command blocks will need to be added by me, in order to compensate for the multiple levels of the pyramid, in which players and mobs can be found. I am not quite sure how I will go about it, but I know that I will have to do it, otherwise the command blocks will only look at one plane (the floor) of the pyramid, rather than the whole area.

If any of you have suggestions for what to spawn in the waves, please feel free to create your own version of the survival pyramid waves. I will be putting below, a list of the mobs that I know can be spawned alone, and are already put in to be removed at the end of a survival pyramid event if failed.

Zombie
Skeleton
Spider
Cavespider
pigzombie
creeper
blaze
slime
magmacube
witch
wither
irongolem
guardian
endermite
giant

These I already have command blocks to remove in the event of a failed success at the event. If any of you are more skilled at command blocks than I, I would graciously accept your aid, and if you all give great suggestions for waves, I'll even incorporate some of the waves into the event itself.

Next up besides the waves themselves, would be the reward system for completing all 30 waves (unless we decide to add more which I can do). Players who succeed will not gain any experience, from the mobs, as mobs do not drop any items, or experience orbs (if I remember checking last time properly), so I currently have the success reward set to a stack of bottles o' enchanting (when thrown on the ground, the bottles break into 3 - 11 experience. Which will result in giving the player a minimum (extremely unlikely) of 192 experience orbs, which converts to just over 11 levels (187 exp), from 0 experience. The maximum that a player can get from a stack of the bottles (again, extremely unlikely) would be 704 experience, which converts to nearly 23 levels (required 751 exp).

Players can receive multiple items in reward for completing the survival pyramid, there currently is no limit or minimum requirement to the number of players who can enter the pyramid at one time, but once an event is in progress, nobody else will be able to enter until finished.

Please let me know what you suggest for waves and/or respective rewards, and please keep it realistic. The desired party size for a event is 4 - 8 players, there currently are 10 classes to choose from, which I can put into this post as well for suggestions regarding tweaking.

10 Kits and equipment

Enchanted Leather Cap (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
Enchanted Leather Tunic (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
Enchanted Leather Pants (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
Enchanted Leather Boots (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
Enchanted Diamond Sword (Sharpness 2)
Potion of Strength (6x 8:00 130% Attack Damage)
Cooked Steak (10x)
Cooked Rabbit (4x)
Cooked Chicken (4x)

Enchanted Iron Helmet (Protection 2)
Enchanted Iron Chestplate (Protection 3)
Enchanted Iron Leggings (Protection 3)
Enchanted Iron Boots (Protection 2)
Iron Sword
Potion of Healing (3x)
Iron Horse Armor
Saddle
Spawn Horse Egg
Sugar (10x)
Hay Bale (2x)
Apple (10x)
Bread (4x)
Cooked Chicken (4x)
Pumpkin Pie (2x)
Cooked Potato (5x)

Enchanted Leather Cap (Fire Protection 1)
Enchanted Leather Tunic (Fire Protection 2)
Enchanted Leather Pants (Fire Protection 2)
Enchanted Leather Boots (Fire Protection 1)
Enchanted Stone Sword (Fire Aspect 1)
Enchanted Bow (Unbreaking 1, Flame 1)
Arrow (128x)
Flint and Steel (2x)
Cooked Steak (16x)
Cooked Mutton (2x)
Cooked Rabbit (2x)

Leather Cap
Leather Tunic
Leather Pants
Leather Boots
Wooden Sword
Enchanted Bow (Unbreaking 1, Infinity 1, Punch 1, Power 1)
Arrow (1x)
Potion of Swiftness (2x 3:00 20%)
Cooked Salmon (8x)
Cooked Fish (8x)

Iron Helmet
Leather Tunic
Leather Pants
Leather Boots
Lever (1x)
Dispenser (1x)
Fire Charge (128x)
Arrow (64x)
Tripwire Hook (4x)
String (32x)
Redstone (16x)
Wooden Sword
Splash Potion of Slowness (4x 1:07 -15%)

Leather Cap
Leather Tunic
Leather Pants
Leather Boots
Enchanted Wooden Sword (Unbreaking 2, Smite 2)
Splash Potion of Slowness (3x 1:07 -15%)
Splash Potion of Harming (5x)
Splash Potion of Poison (5x 0:16)
Rabbit Stew (5x)
Cooked Chicken (11x)
Pumpkin (2x)
Block of Iron (8x)

Leather Cap
Leather Tunic
Leather Pants
Leather Boots
Splash Potion of Regeneration (5x 0:16)
Splash Potion of Swiftness (5x 6:00 20%)
Splash Potion of Harming (5x)
Wooden Sword
Cooked Rabbit (16x)
Pumpkin Pie (16x)
Baked Potato (16x)
Cake (1x)
Golden Apple (3x)
Enchanted Golden Apple (3x)

Leather Cao
Leather Tunic
Leather Pants
Leather Boots
Enchanted Wooden Axe (Unbreaking 3, Smite 2, Sharpness 2)
Spawn Wolf Egg (2x)
Bone (32x)
Enchanted Fishing Rod (Unbreaking 1)
Splash Potion of Slowness (10x 1:07 15%)
Carrot (16x)
Potato (20x)

Chainmail Helmet
Chainmail Chestplate
Chain Leggings
Enchanted Chain Boots (Feather Falling 3)
Enchanted Iron Sword (Looting 2)
Ender Pearl (32x)
Potion of Swiftness (5x 8:00 20%)
Potion of Invisibility (3x 3:00)
Cookie (13x)
Cake (1x)
Pumpkin Pie (2x)
Mushroom Stew (1x)
Apple (1x)
Bread (3x)

Chain Helmet
Chain Chestplate
Chain Leggings
Enchanted Chain Boots (Feather Falling 3)
Enchanted Diamond Sword (Knockback 2)
Potion of Swiftness (5x 8:00 20%)
Mushroom Stew (8x)
Rabbit Stew (8x)

HeavensAngel
2015-05-12, 01:48 PM
[Edit][Edit] So it seems from this link (http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/14w03a) that I can infact add arguments to a command block, so that it doesn't simply look at a radius, which I am still not sure if it is a sphere or a simple plane (if anyone knows the guaranteed answer, please let me know), but that I can add dx, dy, dz arguments from the center point of where the command block would be looking, and then in those specific directions, which would allow me to look in a cuboid rectangle, rather than a sphere, which allows me to encompass the entire class selection building, rather than a spherical area, the same goes for the Survival Pyramid.

Please comment with a confirmation, or denying the possibility. Once I am ensured with the capability or lack there of, I will begin work on altering the command blocks appropriately to ensure near perfect encompassing via command blocks.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-13, 05:37 AM
Next up besides the waves themselves, would be the reward system for completing all 30 waves (unless we decide to add more which I can do). Players who succeed will not gain any experience, from the mobs, as mobs do not drop any items, or experience orbs (if I remember checking last time properly), so I currently have the success reward set to a stack of bottles o' enchanting (when thrown on the ground, the bottles break into 3 - 11 experience. Which will result in giving the player a minimum (extremely unlikely) of 192 experience orbs, which converts to just over 11 levels (187 exp), from 0 experience. The maximum that a player can get from a stack of the bottles (again, extremely unlikely) would be 704 experience, which converts to nearly 23 levels (required 751 exp).

Players can receive multiple items in reward for completing the survival pyramid, there currently is no limit or minimum requirement to the number of players who can enter the pyramid at one time, but once an event is in progress, nobody else will be able to enter until finished.

Please let me know what you suggest for waves and/or respective rewards, and please keep it realistic.
I'm not too handy with command blocks, but I believe they are capable of giving arbitrary player heads. I don't know if it's possible to give one's own head, but at the very least, you could use the MHF Collection (http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Heads#Player_skins) to give people heads of mobs that don't drop their heads even when killed by a charged creeper. Like Blazes, Endermen, or Squid heads.

Astral Avenger
2015-05-15, 01:14 AM
I will be out of town through the end of the month, if you wish to use my horse ranch for breeding, feel free, but you have to provide your own gold carrots/apples. Please do not take my horses away from the ranch. See you in a few weeks.

YossarianLives
2015-05-16, 11:16 AM
I was whitelisted previously but my name appears to have been removed. Could I be whitelisted again please?

My user name is Master_kerfuffle

Saposhiente
2015-05-16, 12:08 PM
Added .

YossarianLives
2015-05-16, 02:37 PM
Added .Thank you!

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-18, 10:14 AM
so in Mod talk, does anyone know how to program Turtles from computer craft? After finding out that thaumcraft golems aren't going to be anywhere near effective enough to harvest by 25x30 wheat farm autonomously, i'm thinking of falling back to my origional plan of using turtles, but i can't code or program to save my life. anyone willing to help?

enderlord99
2015-05-18, 10:25 AM
so in Mod talk, does anyone know how to program Turtles from computer craft? After finding out that thaumcraft golems aren't going to be anywhere near effective enough to harvest by 25x30 wheat farm autonomously, i'm thinking of falling back to my origional plan of using turtles, but i can't code or program to save my life. anyone willing to help?

:smallconfused:I thought you didn't use mods.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-18, 10:34 AM
big group i'm in started our own modded server with our own custom picked mods, i'm mainly just focusing in the bees, this has nothing to do with my singleplayer world wich i preffer to keep only very slightly modded if at all. so far just using forestry for the bees and Ender IO for the energy/item conduits and SAG mills that can turn wheat into seeds, wich i need in order to make seed oil in order to make more bee stuff.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-18, 10:41 AM

As big as I am about mods, ComputerCraft is one I really, really don't like for just this reason. However, let me give you a secret, the command is

get.pastebin()

You can copy ANY code that has ever been committed to pastebin and drop it right into your turtle. There's several different programs out there, and there's a repository on the Computercraft forum.

If there's a mod called Minefactory Reloaded, you might wish to use it, as it will be easier and more server-friendly.

Alent
2015-05-18, 12:41 PM
As big as I am about mods, ComputerCraft is one I really, really don't like for just this reason. However, let me give you a secret, the command is

get.pastebin()

You can copy ANY code that has ever been committed to pastebin and drop it right into your turtle. There's several different programs out there, and there's a repository on the Computercraft forum.

If there's a mod called Minefactory Reloaded, you might wish to use it, as it will be easier and more server-friendly.

What Shneekey said. MFR farms are extremely nice. Don't forget to look into adding a sewer and an on/off switch: They tend to overproduce food even at small sizes when configured correctly, so it's a good idea to shut it off when it isn't needed.

Automated turtle farms are best reserved for things that simply cannot be done efficiently any other way, and even then getting the code to do it can be a pain since usually that one mod/block you can't automate has gone to great lengths to make sure you can't automate it. When you do turn one loose on a multiplayer server, they can heavily impact performance.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-18, 06:10 PM
the thing is though that i can't really ADD any blocks into the farm, it already has roughly twelve or so 3x3 pillers in the middle of it supporting the roof and hiding the water underneath, so using a block in the farming would really just take away from what farming space is left. unless the block can fine from two or three blocks below the farm itself.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-18, 08:27 PM
Might I see pictures of the current setup? I could refresh my notes on turtle programming and get the ball rolling, but without knowing the layout it will wreck things up. I mean, it would still be easier and faster to use another mod, but I had my own Peat Farming Turtle back in the day when I didn't want to use Forestry's farms.

Additionally, a large fully autonomous Wheat Turtle Farm targets two of Turtles' biggest weaknesses. Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), it is very annoying to detect which items in a Turtle's inventory are which, so you will likely "use up some blocks" in your farm to make a sorting machine where the Turtle drops all of its items, and then gets resupplied with only seeds for replanting. It is similarly annoying (with the same caveat as the last statement) to detect when a crop is at its full growth, so either the Turtle will harvest much slower than other options, and/or will occasionally harvest crops that are not fully grown. You would also need to keep the chunk the Turtle is in loaded, and I don't know if your config files will do that for you or if your server admin wants you to do that. Even if you need to devote two or three blocks to another setup, you'll "make up" for the lost space with more efficient harvesting. (Do you have access to Tesseracts from Thermal Expansion? They're great for setting up farms while taking up as little space possible.) You also need to devote blocks into having refuel stations for your turtles- most turtle-based wheat farms are based off of the nanoblock farm, where you'd plant a seed, use three bonemeals, harvest, repeat, as opposed to walk around the entire farm every 5 minutes.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it certainly can, just that it really is worth a look at the other options.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-18, 10:37 PM
Alright. here we go then.

Don't mind the dryads. They're mainly there to look pretty, plus they make the wheat grow faster!

http://i.imgur.com/TSu6pPA.png
http://i.imgur.com/EiBMp2a.png
http://i.imgur.com/LZG5Knw.png
http://i.imgur.com/hMtzNz1.png
http://i.imgur.com/OyFSKZM.png
And finally a top-down veiw made in paint.
http://i.imgur.com/kMGDqYL.png

Yellow square is the golden chest there (was supposed to belong to the thaum golem) and all those squares in the middle of the feild are eventually going to be pillars holding up the roof, so anything that can fit in the middle of a 3x3 square would work as well. i could then transport it through the (rather thin sadly) roof into the system.

Between those outer pillers along the wall i plan on making pathways to other rooms, such as maybe a tree farm, and rocky bee farms, etc. so if we can use as few of those as possible then that would be nice.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-18, 11:13 PM
What is the size of the room itself? Because I think I know a much easier way to do this, depending on the mod list involved.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-18, 11:22 PM
oh! right i forgot to put that in sorry. the entire room as a whole is 39x31 and is 5 blocks tall. all not counting the small 3xs3 square holding the golden chest.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-19, 12:01 AM
Yikes, that isn't a purely tessellating pattern, so either the code will be messy or it'll try to harvest known harvested areas. It will take some time for me to figure out a path to follow and transcribe it down to left and right turns.

In the meantime, yes, I know you want to do this with Turtles, but I'd feel guilty if I did not point it out: If you have MineFactory Reloaded, you would have the issue of planting the seeds resolved with twelve planters, each with Tin upgrades. The planters would replace the block below the block the on which the Dryads are standing- these would be entirely below your farm. Then 4 harvesters could be placed entirely on the outside of the farming area, though this would require Emerald upgrades- if this sounds confusing and you'd like me to chart it out, let me know. If you don't have MineFactory Reloaded, I am under the impression you could hit this whole area with six EnderIO Farming stations (albeit all of these would be on the farmland itself), but I have no direct experience with EnderIO.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-19, 12:10 AM
Yikes, that isn't a purely tessellating pattern, so either the code will be messy or it'll try to harvest known harvested areas. It will take some time for me to figure out a path to follow and transcribe it down to left and right turns.

In the meantime, yes, I know you want to do this with Turtles, but I'd feel guilty if I did not point it out: If you have MineFactory Reloaded, you would have the issue of planting the seeds resolved with twelve planters, each with Tin upgrades. The planters would replace the block below the block the on which the Dryads are standing- these would be entirely below your farm. Then 4 harvesters could be placed entirely on the outside of the farming area, though this would require Emerald upgrades- if this sounds confusing and you'd like me to chart it out, let me know. If you don't have MineFactory Reloaded, I am under the impression you could hit this whole area with six EnderIO Farming stations (albeit all of these would be on the farmland itself), but I have no direct experience with EnderIO.

doesn't look like we have that mod sadly. And as it is now the dryads (at least those in the wheat) are standing on a microblock over a water pool that keeps the farm hydrated. so it would need to either be above the glowstone or below the water.

and it's not so much that i WANT to use turtles, it's just the best thing i can think of that can do it. i doon't mind if they harvest seeds that haven't grown yet, so long as they place them back afterwords and there's enough time between each "wave" for at least most of the wheat and seeds to be harvested. after wich all the wheat and seeds left over should be deposited into the golden chest or simmiler outposts. the seeds get turned into seed oil, the wheat goes through ender IO SAG mills to become more seeds to become seed oil.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-19, 12:19 AM
doesn't look like we have that mod sadly. And as it is now the dryads (at least those in the wheat) are standing on a microblock over a water pool that keeps the farm hydrated. so it would need to either be above the glowstone or below the water.

and it's not so much that i WANT to use turtles, it's just the best thing i can think of that can do it. i doon't mind if they harvest seeds that haven't grown yet, so long as they place them back afterwords and there's enough time between each "wave" for at least most of the wheat and seeds to be harvested. after wich all the wheat and seeds left over should be deposited into the golden chest or simmiler outposts. the seeds get turned into seed oil, the wheat goes through ender IO SAG mills to become more seeds to become seed oil.

Planters would be below the water, actually.

What is your mod list? Because using a Turtle, while entirely *possible*... well, I think you'd probably do better finding another way. There's plenty of mods you can use to auto-harvest crops. Minefactory Reloaded is one of my preferred methods, but EnderIO also has a way to do it. If you don't mind ripping it up to re-plant one-time, Forestry can do it. Would take a lot of horizontal space going down, though, due to the multiblock structure. Golems would be a better way to do it than Turtles, because you can give them an upgrade to replant after they harvest and it just kinda hits everything in an area.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-19, 12:32 AM
sorry, meant to say the only way i knew how to do it.

and again i don't think golems can really help mere here, they can only do at BEST, fully upgraded, a 14x14 square centered on their chest can't they? i'd need to put chests somewhere in the middle of the feild.

don't get me wrong i'd LOVE to use golems, but they just don't have the range i need.

as for mods, no list i'm aware of but i beleive we have... (just by going through the blocks in NEI)

Thaumcraft
Runic dungeons
Forestry
Ender IO
Computercraft
BC silicon
Gany's surface/nether
Chisel
tinker's construct
openblocks
witchery
blood magic
Botania
Applied Energistics
Ars Magtica 2
BC Transport
colourful mobs
Draconic Evolution
Extra Bees
Extra Trees
Extra Utilities
Forbidden magic
microblocks
Genetics
Carpenter blocks
Gravestone
Highlands
Mekanism
Thermal Foundation

aaaand i think that's it for the most part? we have like roughly fifty, so yeah.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-19, 12:42 AM
Minefactory Reloaded is one of my preferred methods, but EnderIO also has a way to do it.
May I request you clarify the EnderIO farms? I really think that's the most direct method, and from what I'm reading, it could actually be done with just four farming stations, but I'm uncertain as to how costly they actually would be.

I understand Ars Magica 2 can be used in automatic farming, but I don't have the foggiest idea as to where to start, and my experience with that mod is that by the time I figure out how to do it, someone else will have 8 other farms already up and perfected.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-19, 12:52 AM
yeah, ars magica doesn't really work for us anyways. the items and mobs work fine, but nobody can cast any spells in it.

Triaxx
2015-05-19, 05:05 AM
If you've got MFR, you'd just stick a harvester down in front of the chest there, and it'd spit the items out into the chest. Though for your purposes, you'd almost be better off with a Forestry Multi-farm. You're already into it for the bees, and They're reasonably simple to set up. Alternately, since you've already got EnderIO, it's got a farming station that only takes tools and power, and stone tools work just fine for the job.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-19, 10:15 AM
May I request you clarify the EnderIO farms? I really think that's the most direct method, and from what I'm reading, it could actually be done with just four farming stations, but I'm uncertain as to how costly they actually would be.

I understand Ars Magica 2 can be used in automatic farming, but I don't have the foggiest idea as to where to start, and my experience with that mod is that by the time I figure out how to do it, someone else will have 8 other farms already up and perfected.

EnderIO farms aren't too bad. Basically, when you plop them down, they look around at everything around them, then starts farming everything it can. It needs an axe and a hoe, but those only take damage if you are actually doing something that would cause them to take damage, so harvesting wheat will run indefinitely once the tools are in place.The tools do not affect performance so you can just use stone tools.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-19, 10:19 AM
so the multi-farm is a big no so far as it looks like it requires me to scrap my entire current setup and replace it with something completely different, something i have no intention of doing. and the farming station.... maybe? The wiki has no "up" range scale, so i can only assume it'd need to be placed on the same level as the wheat itself, wich i'm not really sure would be possible given the setup of the farm. and it pulls out the exess seeds and can transport them into a chest right? then entire point of the farm is to get the seeds, with the wheat being put into SAG mills to produce more seeds.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-19, 12:59 PM
Yeah, you'd put them on the same level as the wheat itself. You could then use whatever pipe-like-mode-of-transit you prefer to take the items below or above the farm, into the gold chest. It is my understanding that EnderIO can transfer items in the same blocks it uses to transfer power, so the pipe lines you lay to get the items into the chest can also provide power. If you go above the farm, I also understand that EnderIO has a... Thing... Which would let you mask the pipes to make them look exactly like your existing ceiling blocks. Otherwise, you could use ExtraUtilities Transfer Pipes and their corresponding nodes to handle the transportation.

The modlist you have lists Thermal Foundation, this is a dependency for several mods. One of the mods that requires Thermal Foundation is Thermal Expansion, which has a" Tesseract" that can send or receive power and items (and fluids but we're not concerned about those at all right now) "wirelessly." Those would be king for getting items out of the Farming Stations AND getting power to them.

I'm taking your farm blueprint to work with me today, I don't think I'll have a busy day.

Zweanslord
2015-05-19, 03:20 PM
Haha, okay, who on the server gave me a new skin and name: FakeCan (formerly known as Zweanslord)? :smallamused:

Surprised me greatly while shortly checking on my things. Funny, though I admit I liked my old name. The skin looks neat, though.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-19, 03:55 PM
Yeah, you'd put them on the same level as the wheat itself. You could then use whatever pipe-like-mode-of-transit you prefer to take the items below or above the farm, into the gold chest. It is my understanding that EnderIO can transfer items in the same blocks it uses to transfer power, so the pipe lines you lay to get the items into the chest can also provide power. If you go above the farm, I also understand that EnderIO has a... Thing... Which would let you mask the pipes to make them look exactly like your existing ceiling blocks. Otherwise, you could use ExtraUtilities Transfer Pipes and their corresponding nodes to handle the transportation.

The modlist you have lists Thermal Foundation, this is a dependency for several mods. One of the mods that requires Thermal Foundation is Thermal Expansion, which has a" Tesseract" that can send or receive power and items (and fluids but we're not concerned about those at all right now) "wirelessly." Those would be king for getting items out of the Farming Stations AND getting power to them.

I'm taking your farm blueprint to work with me today, I don't think I'll have a busy day.

Yeah, we have a tesseract connected to our bigreactors reactor, so we're all getting tesseracts and using them as outlets for our homes. i'm personally digging mine into the wall and am just going to connect all of my electric cables together to connect it like real house wiring.

and wow i completely forgot about the faccades. that explains why microblocks dont like them :smalltongue:

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-19, 09:42 PM
Spent a while mapping out the route and outlined the path to take and knocked out a cheap outline of pseudocode, and was feeling really comfortable with myself for a while. Then, I realized that the full farm would generate more stacks than a turtle can hold, so I'll need to stop and do dropoffs every third of the way. Do you have a preference for using just one turtle, or would you rather have three turtles managing different parts of the farm? The first would be easier to get started and going, the second would be better in the long run.

In the meantime, please do ask the other people on the server you're playing on what's a good way to keep the chunks your farm uses loaded. Some people flip out about adding loaded chunks, but there's no simple way to handle a turtle landing up in an unloaded chunk. It'll just turn off at that point, and won't do anything until you tell it to resume.

By my math, the whole farm could possibly fill the gold chest in two harvests. I don't know how fast the SAG Mill will churn through the materials, though. You may need to think about overflow storage down the line. A Basic Cache from Thermal Expansion will hold 10,000 items. Eventually you may want to set up an Applied Energistics* storage system that could generally hold all your stuff and then some.

*QUARTZ FOR THE QUARTZ GOD

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-19, 10:54 PM
more turtles makes sense to me, i'd imagine more then three would even make things easier. think i've got seven in storage on the server? so we could probably have six while keeping things symmetrical.

And yeah i can always put extra chests somewherei n the wiring, expand them into obsidion chests and the like. We're short on diamonds but i'm sure i can at least make one more golden chest per dropoff outpost.

as for the unloaded chunk thing. i beleive i've read before that turtles automaticall reboot when they are unloaded and re-loaded don't they? If that's the case can't we make the very first command in them "move to [starting coordinates]" followed by "wait X minutes" or the like? That way they theoretically should always continue their route the same way even if unloadedand while the resulting harvest would likely be pulling up and re-planting seeds that haven't fully grown yet, it would still give time for a couple of them to grow, or if nothing else at least keep the turtles on the right path.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-20, 12:30 AM
more turtles makes sense to me, i'd imagine more then three would even make things easier. think i've got seven in storage on the server? so we could probably have six while keeping things symmetrical.
There's a catch to using too many turtles: you'd run into cases where one turtle is blocking another turtle's path. I can comfortably run three turtles without ever crossing into another one's path to the chest. I'm fairly certain that one could do with four turtles (as there are four spaces that a turtle could be in that are adjacent to the chest), but three just gives more breathing room with which to work.

as for the unloaded chunk thing. i beleive i've read before that turtles automaticall reboot when they are unloaded and re-loaded don't they? If that's the case can't we make the very first command in them "move to [starting coordinates]" followed by "wait X minutes" or the like?
As far as I know, a turtle cannot know its coordinates in the real world (or even the direction it is currently facing) without additional ComputerCraft plugins, so you cannot move a turtle to an arbitrary location based on the coordinates alone.

It is possible to work around this with shenanigans. You would save a file every time the turtle moved, then when the Turtle reboots, the turtle needs to read what you wrote in that file "backwards" to know how to get back home. Since the file you're writing to would have to contain information on the movements in both the X and Z axis, this would also really complicate the script for harvesting and planting: You'll either hardcode everything which will prevent you from using loops to get the script hammered out quickly (and some Ruby developer would start throwing towels at you), or you'll have to make a separate function for all the turns you make which also tracks which direction you're facing and then be able to codify that into the movement instructions you write to the file. This, however, is out of my scope, sorry. :smallfrown:

Alent
2015-05-20, 01:42 AM
As far as I know, a turtle cannot know its coordinates in the real world (or even the direction it is currently facing) without additional ComputerCraft plugins, so you cannot move a turtle to an arbitrary location based on the coordinates alone.

It is possible to work around this with shenanigans. You would save a file every time the turtle moved, then when the Turtle reboots, the turtle needs to read what you wrote in that file "backwards" to know how to get back home. Since the file you're writing to would have to contain information on the movements in both the X and Z axis, this would also really complicate the script for harvesting and planting: You'll either hardcode everything which will prevent you from using loops to get the script hammered out quickly (and some Ruby developer would start throwing towels at you), or you'll have to make a separate function for all the turns you make which also tracks which direction you're facing and then be able to codify that into the movement instructions you write to the file. This, however, is out of my scope, sorry. :smallfrown:

Are Wireless Modems not core computercraft? I thought Rednet GPS worked strictly with core Computercraft.

Draconi, I may have missed it, how much space is available beneath the farm, not counting the water blocks that are keeping it all hydrated?

Triaxx
2015-05-20, 06:40 AM
Should be. As far as I'm aware it's no more complex, than setting up the computers, and turtle and linking them all.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-20, 10:04 AM
the whole thing can be found Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19273955&postcount=75) with the farm itself being 25x30 with the odd 3x3 place taken up around each water pit, and the entire room as a whole is 31 by 39 with a 5 block-up roof.

and okay, wasn't aware of the full scope of what computercraft can do so that's a shame. think quarries keep chunks loaded right? would it be possible to keep one running soley for that purpouse without it actually mining any?

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-20, 10:27 AM
I was actually thinking about a multi-turtle setup, using a trio to establish a GPS system. That would be a much easier way to set up a coordinate system to ensure the turtles don't have an issue. Be much easier than a single turtle trying to manage everything.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-20, 12:19 PM
:smallredface: I've never been able to get wireless modems to actually do something, much less Trilateration, so if you want to show how it's done, I'd like to see that, too.

I've also never used Buildcraft Quarries, and was thinking you could just run it into a cobble generator to keep things loaded. At lest according to the FTBWiki, it's simpler than that, you can apparently just cut off the power once it starts mining and it'll stay loaded.

Triaxx
2015-05-20, 02:35 PM
Doesn't even need to run. Just be placed and it will keep chunks loaded.

Alent
2015-05-20, 09:37 PM
the whole thing can be found Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19273955&postcount=75) with the farm itself being 25x30 with the odd 3x3 place taken up around each water pit, and the entire room as a whole is 31 by 39 with a 5 block-up roof.

and okay, wasn't aware of the full scope of what computercraft can do so that's a shame. think quarries keep chunks loaded right? would it be possible to keep one running soley for that purpouse without it actually mining any?

I saw the diagram, but at a glance I didn't see anything about beneath the room. Is it a problem if the room extends five or ten blocks beneath the farm? I have an idea for a rube goldberg that might work, but I wanted to know for sure what I had to work with space-wise before I fired up my copy and started creative sandboxing.

Actually, is it a verboten question to ask why this isn't a melon farm? It's been over a year since I last played minecraft, but I could swear you could feed melon slices into a grinder to get something like 12 or 16 seeds per slice, and melon harvests would play nicer with your golems since there'd be no need for replanting.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-20, 10:06 PM
Work in Progress (http://i.imgur.com/weD721j.png), of course, but at least showing some progress. Right now, this guy gets his third done, just getting him back to the chest to drop his stuff off. It doesn't yet loop with a couple of minutes of delay, but that's easy enough to implement once I know I've stopped being off by one on everything I do.

I'm aware he's missed three spots, I just got that fixed after the picture was taken and didn't want to sit down and watch him run all over again.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-20, 10:11 PM
I saw the diagram, but at a glance I didn't see anything about beneath the room. Is it a problem if the room extends five or ten blocks beneath the farm? I have an idea for a rube goldberg that might work, but I wanted to know for sure what I had to work with space-wise before I fired up my copy and started creative sandboxing.

Actually, is it a verboten question to ask why this isn't a melon farm? It's been over a year since I last played minecraft, but I could swear you could feed melon slices into a grinder to get something like 12 or 16 seeds per slice, and melon harvests would play nicer with your golems since there'd be no need for replanting.

Ah. Then yeah, there is nothing below the farm at the moment, so take as much room as you need. Might put something below it someday, but i can always just dig deeper and use elevators to bypass it.

and that's looking really good oracle! Wasn't expecting you to go all the way including the Dryads and the like:smalltongue:

Honestly didn't know about the melon thing TBH. don't think we even had melons until after this farm was made actually.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-20, 11:54 PM
Bad news folks, our world borked up again so it looks like we're pretty likely going to be making a new world and starting from scratch, and removing things like Ars Magica and Ender IO.

So sorry guys, but looks like the farm thing is going to have to wait, since Dryads won't be around anymore i'll likely just make a farm in the future that better fits thaum golems. Thanks anyways, sorry for wasing your time :smallfrown:

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-21, 12:18 AM
Oof. I'd say rotten luck, but I already expressed how I feel about Ars Magica. I kinda wonder what might've caused the problem, as I am trying to work up the gumption to finally put together a 1.7.10 pack, and I really want to try EnderIO, but the people I played with on that server also took a shine to Ars Magica. Thanks for letting me know when you knew, though.

If it is within your power to suggest adding mods (considering your server is restarting from scratch anyways), Xeno's Reliquary (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2234220-xenos-reliquary) has a magical Lily Pad you can craft which functions like Dryads. I also see OpenBlocks on your last modlist, that has a Sprinkler which also can be used to accelerate the growth of crops. Thaumcraft also has a Lamp of Growth, but I have had it to here with Thaumcraft.

Something something Xychorium Soil joke here.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-21, 01:46 AM
suggested it to the guys, thanks.

not really sure what exactly the problem with Ars magica was, something about it not working well with other mods, and we were never able to cast any of the spells, though we could make the items just fine.

as for ender IO, no idea. it worked fine for me, but apparently it took up a lot of CPU stuff or something, so i can't really say for sure.

I'll look up the sprinker next time for sure, may as well right?

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-05-21, 10:28 AM
Agricraft has become quite an interesting mod you might want to look at. On first blush, it looks like a re-implementation of IC2 crops... only without the IC2. However, it also has a sprinkler system which speeds up growth. More interesting, it also works on EnderLillies from ExtraUtils.

While we're talking about food mods, I'd also suggest pairing it with Hunger Overhaul and Pam's Harvestcraft. You can set up a somewhat more challenging food system where you need more than just baked potatoes to survive comfortably.

Alent
2015-05-21, 12:37 PM
Oof, sucks about the server. :(

I'll put in a "Ask for Minefactory Reloaded" suggestion. If you have buildcraft, Forestry, TE, Ender IO, Computercraft, and AE, it isn't out of line balance wise and it has some really nice things, like conveyor belts and the planter/harvester/sewer setup.

Something something Xychorium Soil joke here.

To the Nether with Xycraft. That mod eats save files, especially ones on servers.

enderlord99
2015-05-21, 01:32 PM
To the Nether with Xycraft. That mod eats save files, especially ones on servers. basically doesn't exist

Fixed that for you.

Alent
2015-05-21, 05:37 PM
Fixed that for you.

Point.

It at least had a moment in 1.4.7 era where it wasn't pure vaporware.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-21, 10:05 PM
I never encountered the issues I kept reading about regarding XyCraft- well, aside from its absence- so I'll just count myself lucky there. Looks like there's a Project X that's duplicating it a la Equivalent Exchange and Project E. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that.

The other mod that comes to mind for automated farming is Steve's Carts. Which isn't so much of a farming mod, as it is a "give various functionalities to mine carts, the most practical of which is automated farming" mod. I wasn't a fan of it having so many items that existed solely to craft items, but it's kind of a middle ground between the control ComputerCraft gives you, and the all-purpose-ness MineFactory Reloaded would give you.

Emperordaniel
2015-05-21, 11:11 PM
So me and Nuke were playing around for a bit before doing some caving around his base, and I decided to try and get the When Pigs Fly achievement. Didn't get a picture of myself riding the pig (which died when I hit the ground anyway), but I did snap a pic of Nuke and his pig flying falling with style off the cliff face after me. :smallsmile:

http://i.imgur.com/3lmxoFK.png

His pig survived, by the way. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-22, 07:12 AM

So just tried this with no luck, both in and out of the .minecraft folder, game just reffuses to launch and leaves a log saying it failed to launch. i might be putting it in wrong.

as it is i'm taking "C:\Users\[my name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft" and changing it to things like "C:\Users\[my name[\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\singlemods" and "C:\Users\[my name]\AppData\Roaming\singlemods" with no luck. could i be missing something?

Zweanslord
2015-05-23, 02:56 AM
Haha, okay, who on the server gave me a new skin and name: FakeCan (formerly known as Zweanslord)? :smallamused:

Surprised me greatly while shortly checking on my things. Funny, though I admit I liked my old name. The skin looks neat, though.

Found out some time ago that I could not open my chests anymore due to the change to FakeCan. Short to say, my visits to the minecraft server have been short.. :smallfrown: Can anybody fix this?

Saposhiente
2015-05-23, 12:56 PM
Found out some time ago that I could not open my chests anymore due to the change to FakeCan. Short to say, my visits to the minecraft server have been short.. :smallfrown: Can anybody fix this?

I don't fully understand what the problem is.

Zweanslord
2015-05-23, 01:37 PM
Somebody changed me name on the server from Zweanslord to FakeCan, as well as the default skin I had to something else. This without me requesting it or anything, just out of the blue. I have no idea who did this. Ever since that change, I can't access the chests I made, placed and filled with items. If I try to access them the game says: "The Chest is locked with a magical spell". So I can't access or store my items. The chests are the ones you can see at X: 45, Y: 64, Z: 544 and the ones when going a floor lower.

Saposhiente
2015-05-23, 07:56 PM
Either you're logging in to a different account (check your login settings) or your name has been changed and LWC hasn't been updated to use uuid (you can go to the website to change it back). Try those things and let me know which it was.

Zweanslord
2015-05-24, 12:42 AM
Okay, seems like it's a problem on my end. Somebody hacked my account and changed my username. And can't change it back for 26 days..

Astral Avenger
2015-05-24, 06:44 AM
I'm going out of town until the evening of 5/28, have fun in the mean time.
EmperorDanielus, please hold off on exploring the rest of that cave system until I'm back.
@Everyone, again, you're all welcome to use my ranch for horse breeding, but please leave my horses there and bring your own gold apples/carrots.

Saposhiente
2015-05-24, 08:32 PM
Okay, seems like it's a problem on my end. Somebody hacked my account and changed my username. And can't change it back for 26 days..

Updated LWC; you should be able to access your chests next time the server restarts.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-25, 06:32 PM
So just tried this with no luck, both in and out of the .minecraft folder, game just reffuses to launch and leaves a log saying it failed to launch. i might be putting it in wrong.

as it is i'm taking "C:\Users\[my name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft" and changing it to things like "C:\Users\[my name[\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\singlemods" and "C:\Users\[my name]\AppData\Roaming\singlemods" with no luck. could i be missing something?
C:\Users\blah\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\singlemod s is the general accepted way, I don't know quite what would be the hangup. Are you on Windows Vista or later? Maybe you'll need to run the Minecraft Launcher as an admin the first time around for each profile? Minecraft will be adding files to a hidden folder, and maybe UAC doesn't like that.

Zweanslord
2015-05-26, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the effort, Saposhiente! When does the server restart if I may ask?

Saposhiente
2015-05-26, 04:56 PM
When I go on and either you're on or nobody's on.
(update: restarted)

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-27, 02:18 AM
C:\Users\blah\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\singlemod s is the general accepted way, I don't know quite what would be the hangup. Are you on Windows Vista or later? Maybe you'll need to run the Minecraft Launcher as an admin the first time around for each profile? Minecraft will be adding files to a hidden folder, and maybe UAC doesn't like that.

okay so i did that... and it loads up with no singelplayer or multiplayer worlds. and in the singleplayer world the mod does not even function. things look a little different though visually, more high-def or something, nothing majorly noticeable.

loading my 1.8 profile however has all my worlds and multiplayer servers on it fine at least.

the modded server also had a ton of config addons, could that be interfeiring somehow too?

is it not possible to just get a seccond instance of minecraft, sepperate icon and launcher and everything? i remember long ago in like beta 1.7 i downloaded the Yogbox and it required a completely sepperate instance of minecraft. can't i just get something like that and put all of the server mods on that, and keep all my personal mods on my current one?

may as well throw this in too as it might be important.

to install the server mods i had to install an updated version of forge, effectively giving me two forge profiles with different versions. if i try to use the old forge (the one that i used for my slightly-modded singleplayer) then the game reffuses to launch. but if i use the newer version (wich i used for the multiplayer server) the game runs, but the one mod i had reffuses to run.

edit the 3rd: the group was actually testing the same mod for the new multiplayer server and it looks like it's not compatable with the latest forge. i'll be that's the problem. going to contact domo about it.

OracleofWuffing
2015-05-27, 03:13 AM
okay so i did that... and it loads up with no singelplayer or multiplayer worlds. and in the singleplayer world the mod does not even function. things look a little different though visually, more high-def or something, nothing majorly noticeable.
Your singleplayer world is still in the original directory where you were playing, probably at C:\Users\blah\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves\(Wh atever you named your world). You need to copy that folder into the new directory, at C:\Users\blah\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\singlemod s\saves\. You probably also need to do that with your "mods" and "config" folders.

is it not possible to just get a seccond instance of minecraft, sepperate icon and launcher and everything? i remember long ago in like beta 1.7 i downloaded the Yogbox and it required a completely sepperate instance of minecraft. can't i just get something like that and put all of the server mods on that, and keep all my personal mods on my current one?
I'm afraid that kind of predates when I got in to modding, I don't know if it's just the way the launcher works these days preventing it or it just being frowned upon as it could be a pretty easy way to distribute malware. The only other easy way I know of to get separate instances of Minecraft running is using another launcher, and presuming that your friend's modpack isn't on FTB/Tekkit/AtLauncher, that'd mean using MultiMC, which you've clearly requested to avoid.

Draconi Redfir
2015-05-28, 12:02 AM
okay think i'm getting it. Before i was putting the mod into the singlemod folder thinking that the game would just use it as a seccond mods folder. but instead i need to put in a saves/worlds folder, a mods and configs folder, and then it will load up those copy folders as if they were the origionals right?

HeavensAngel
2015-05-28, 12:27 PM
Hello, I am back from the black lagoons of space (and college)! I would like to be whitelisted on the current server to reduce nausea and various other clipping-related pains (also maybe to build things). My Minecraft name is LittleRaven, and I added myself to the Google spreadsheet for ease of identification.

Added, Sorry for the delay.

HeavensAngel
2015-05-29, 09:22 AM
I've created a spreadsheet that I will be using for keeping record of what every single wave will be, and the enchantments that mob armor pieces will have, as well as the spawn locations. You need not look at this, as you most likely will not be able to remember every single bit of it, but I am making this information public, as I thought participants of the Survival Pyramid would appreciate being made aware of what waves they may be facing, should they choose to participate in the event.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-6mbOpcDUo4s-x4vHFIP7uZ59MPjOco_THSni6j514A/edit?usp=sharing

This url linking gives viewing permissions only of the spreadsheet. If any of you have suggestions as to the kind of mobs and waves that you'd like to see, please make sure to post in this forum and I will gladly take any suggestions into consideration. There currently are only slots for 19 different types of mobs, but I can surely change to add more slots, if need be. The reason for only 19, is that I currently have 19 spawn points chosen for mobs to spawn at during the waves. There may be only one slot for enchantments, and armor types, but I will be willing to add multiple types of enchantments of various levels to single, pieces of armor, and have multiple pieces enchanted as previously mentioned. I.E. Iron Chestplate with Thorns 2, Protection 1, Durability 3/Gold Boots with Feather Falling 2, Fire Protection 1, Durability 3/ Diamond Leggings etc. etc.

Let me put it this way-the sooner I have the waves completed, the sooner I can start on implementing the code into the command blocks so that everyone has an automated event that you can go and attempt, without the need of an admin. So lets see who cares about events, and the livelihood of the server as a whole, and is willing to assist in making it happen faster.
P.S. I can edit the waves and give mention to anyone who assisted in the making of a wave. Just a bit of incentive to have your names honored for helping make a community event just that more special.

Astral Avenger
2015-05-30, 04:33 PM
Decided I needed to sort my horses, they won't optimally breed themselves...
Updated classification system:

Tier
Jump
Speed
HP

3.5+
11+
20+

Foxtrot
4.0+
12+
20+

Lima
5.0+
11+
20+

Shadowfax
4.5+
13+
26+

Glue
<3.5
<11
<20

Speed is tested using a gate mechanism, I cant seem to find a video showing the exact mechanism at the moment.
Jump is measured using snow layers to get resolution down to 0.125 of a block.
HP is 2x number of hearts the horse has. (I don't care all that much about HP, hence only Shadowfax tier has higher minimum hp.)
Glue tier is anything below tier 1.

Foxtrot are fast, Lima are good jumpers (named for Litefoot, my first horse with a 4 jump).

If you have any particularly good jumpers or fast horses, let me know, I may be interested in buying them or using them to breed.

OracleofWuffing
2015-06-01, 01:57 AM
okay think i'm getting it. Before i was putting the mod into the singlemod folder thinking that the game would just use it as a seccond mods folder. but instead i need to put in a saves/worlds folder, a mods and configs folder, and then it will load up those copy folders as if they were the origionals right?
Short version: Yeah.

Long version: When you start up Minecraft, it's going to look into whatever folder it is currently residing (default your .minecraft directory) for a folder called "saves" and treat those as your saved games. Since this new instance is starting up in .minecraft\singlemod, it is looking for .minecraft\singlemod\saves and not seeing anything there, so it thinks you don't have any saved games. Forge also does the same, but with the config and mods folders.

I'm not using your OS and can't check for myself at the moment, but you might also need to re-install Forge using the same installer you did to get it initially, except tell it to install to the .minecraft\singlemod directory. If that's the case, it's because the Minecraft Launcher went ahead and sat up a separate instance, but all it had was the files from Mojang's server and didn't have the Forge information.

Draconi Redfir
2015-06-01, 04:30 PM
I got it actually, thanks a ton!:smallbiggrin:

Ogremindes
2015-06-05, 10:59 PM
How's getting the other worlds up on the server going?

Astral Avenger
2015-06-11, 04:41 PM
does anyone on the server have any particularly fast horses I could borrow for breeding? I've got a bunch that are 12 block speed, but have yet to see a 13 block speed one.

Durkoala
2015-06-15, 04:29 PM
I've been thinking about getting minecraft for a while now, but I heard that versions 1.8+ don't support mods because the coding was changed. Is this true or have I misunderstood something?

Astral Avenger
2015-06-15, 04:38 PM
I've been thinking about getting minecraft for a while now, but I heard that versions 1.8+ don't support mods because the coding was changed. Is this true or have I misunderstood something?

My understanding (I play vanilla, so I could be wrong) is that the changes between 1.7 and 1.8 were significant enough that existing mods were no longer functional, that being said, it is still perfectly possible for mods to happen in 1.8+[1] (http://minecraftsix.com/mc/minecraft-1-8-mods/).

NecroRebel
2015-06-15, 04:58 PM

The coding changes have effectively required a complete rewrite of most of the major mods from previous versions. As such, the general consensus amongst the modding community is that 1.8 will basically just be skipped - the modders plan to release for 1.9, but not before then, as they are taking the time to update their mods rather than worrying about getting releases out.

Right now, if you watch a modded Minecraft series, it will probably be based on 1.7.10. The major mods - Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion, Applied Energistics, Thaumcraft, Forestry, Tinker's Construct, and many others - aren't going to be updated for 1.8, but most of those mods' authors intend to update to 1.9 when it comes out.

I'd also recommend not modding immediately after getting the game, anyway, as the base game is quite fun. You might find that you never actually want to mod, as there is an enormous number of things you can do in vanilla Minecraft.

OracleofWuffing
2015-06-15, 07:57 PM
Before I talk more about mods, I do want to second the notion that it's best to get a feel for the plain game, first, so you know what kind of fun things or improvements to look for in mods.

Azanor actually is working (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a61UdegZiAk) on a 1.8 version of Thaumcraft, though I personally distaste that mod these days. Pixelmon already is 1.8, and then the other guys I know off the top of my head for 1.8 are Power Advantage and Progressive Automation. That said, there's also a number of mob and player altering mods, too. You could probably make a 1.8 pack, but it'd be less about the extreme wacky blocks that all the other big mods add, and more about strange mobs and wacky things your character can do.

Granted, that doesn't change the general premise that a lot of the big names aren't going to 1.8 anytime soon, and a lot of the visible updates between 1.8 and 1.7.10 can be added through 1.7.10 (Et Futurum is probably the best "single" mod to do that, but other mods are edging in here and there).

The Minecraft Launcher will let you access multiple older versions of Minecraft, and some people prefer to use a third party program called MultiMC to have several different instances of Minecraft which all can have different mods and versions.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-06-15, 11:39 PM

To elaborate on the responses already provided:

There was a HUGE change from 1.7 to 1.8, requiring a virtual re-write of a LOT of grindy code. Texturing became 100% different and required a complete and total re-write of the entire section, which is bad enough, but there's plenty of other changes that happened as well. So many mod authors aren't even bothering with 1.8.

Not all mod authors are foregoing 1.8, but enough are that most people who play modded minecraft have pretty much written it off.

Since 1.9 hasn't come out yet, I won't definitively say that mod authors will or will not, but I will say that the modded environment in 1.7.10 is about as lush as it has been in years, and is quite an enjoyable experience.

Durkoala
2015-06-16, 04:12 PM
Thanks to all the people explaining things. If I understand this right, none of the previous mods work in 1.8, but it's possible to use older versions and it's expected that people will make mods for 1.9+? You're probably right that I should get used to the normal game first, so can I ask what 1.8 has that 1.7 doesn't?

Triaxx
2015-06-16, 06:35 PM
Evil fish? Can't really think of anything else.

druid91
2015-06-16, 07:26 PM
Paging Druid91
There's an Overworld Nether Portal near the sand fortress which is currently linked to the same Nether Portal that the Spawntown Nether Portal uses. I've been in the process of making a Nether passage from spawntown to the Mushroom Island, so people can bring over Mooshrooms to the mainland (eventually, there might be a branch to the jungle, too, for cats). I think it would be ideal if that nether portal went to the same overworld portal that they entered. Is it alright if I create a new Nether Portal to link with that current Overworld portal?

This is WAAAAAY Late. But go ahead.

OracleofWuffing
2015-06-16, 09:37 PM
Thanks to all the people explaining things. If I understand this right, none of the previous mods work in 1.8, but it's possible to use older versions and it's expected that people will make mods for 1.9+? You're probably right that I should get used to the normal game first, so can I ask what 1.8 has that 1.7 doesn't?
There was a catchy music video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhwXV4lumwM) about the updates from 1.7 to 1.8, which probably doesn't help a whole lot if you don't know certain game stuff. As Triaxx pointed out, it added a new "dungeon" that had two unique monsters, a fisheyeball that shoots lasers and a bigger fisheyeball that shoots lasers and prevents you from mining the dungeon's unique blocks until you kill it.

The new version also changed the way Enchanting items (adding special effects) worked, where previously you would spend up to 30 levels on an item. Now, while you want to have 30 levels to get good enchantments, you only lose 1-3 experience levels and an equal amount of Lapis Lazuli.

Sheep now drop mutton so you have a food and wool source if you ranch them, and rabbits were added which allow you to get leather (albeit slower than cows), food, and potions of leaping to make you jump higher. As far as decoration goes, there's andesite, diorite, and granite generating underground to break up the stone mining and still provide you with explosion-resistant materials, as well as recipes for crafting cracked/mossy/chiseled stone bricks which previously had to be found in specific structures. Also, armor stands and banners for no reason other than to show off.

Villagers reproduce when there are enough doors in a certain area that have certain blocks above them (it's kind of tough to explain). 1.8 also added a requirement that villagers also be fed before they breed. You can still produce mountains of villagers in both versions, just that the trick to doing it on the most recent update is different. (Some really patient people breed large numbers of villagers because iron golems spawn if there are enough villagers in a location, and with careful organization and placement you can make a "trap" for those golems, allowing you to get iron without having to mine. It's quite an undertaking, though.)

This is WAAAAAY Late. But go ahead.
Thank you!

*Cackles maniacally*

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-06-16, 09:42 PM
There was a catchy music video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQa3yGXzGls) about the updates from 1.7 to 1.8, which probably doesn't help a whole lot if you don't know certain game stuff. As Triaxx pointed out, it added a new "dungeon" that had two unique monsters, a fisheyeball that shoots lasers and a bigger fisheyeball that shoots lasers and prevents you from mining the dungeon's unique blocks until you kill it.

The new version also changed the way Enchanting items (adding special effects) worked, where previously you would spend up to 30 levels on an item. Now, while you want to have 30 levels to get good enchantments, you only lose 1-3 experience levels and an equal amount of Lapis Lazuli.

Sheep now drop mutton so you have a food and wool source if you ranch them, and rabbits were added which allow you to get leather (albeit slower than cows), food, and potions of leaping to make you jump higher. As far as decoration goes, there's andesite, diorite, and granite generating underground to break up the stone mining and still provide you with explosion-resistant materials, as well as recipes for crafting cracked/mossy/chiseled stone bricks which previously had to be found in specific structures. Also, armor stands and banners for no reason other than to show off.

Villagers reproduce when there are enough doors in a certain area that have certain blocks above them (it's kind of tough to explain). 1.8 also added a requirement that villagers also be fed before they breed. You can still produce mountains of villagers in both versions, just that the trick to doing it on the most recent update is different. (Some really patient people breed large numbers of villagers because iron golems spawn if there are enough villagers in a location, and with careful organization and placement you can make a "trap" for those golems, allowing you to get iron without having to mine. It's quite an undertaking, though.)

Thank you!

*Cackles maniacally*
That does not appear to be the video you are referring to. I believe you are, in fact, referring to this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhwXV4lumwM)

OracleofWuffing
2015-06-16, 10:01 PM
Bleh, that's what I get for typing at two different places at once. Yeah, that's the video, I'll edit my post to have the correct link.

Draconi Redfir
2015-06-18, 03:14 AM
Need ideas on how one could build insect themed houses/villages without resorting to building beehives/houses that look like a bug. Want to build multi-biome village in modded server for bee raising and think it would be neat if whole village looked relatively bug-themed while each house still aheired to it's individual biome. Some plants, vines, leaves, twilight forrest moonworms, glowbugs, and cicadas deccorated here and there for lighting/ambiance, could be interesting. Not neccicary mind you, just something i thought might be neat to try.

OracleofWuffing
2015-06-18, 04:30 AM
Turns out it wasn't just druid91's nether portal that needed to be moved, but also the netherside spawn portal, as well. I've rejiggered the arrangement of the entry way in the nether to move the portal and prevent this sort of linkup issue in the future, everything is safe to go through, I'm just leaving a message here so that anyone else using the portal who was used to the "old" entry point won't be too confused.

Emperordaniel
2015-06-18, 01:59 PM
Just got myself a nice new cooling pad for my laptop, so hopefully I'll be able to get back into Minecraft now after a somewhat prolonged involuntary absence. :smalltongue:

OracleofWuffing
2015-06-22, 12:23 PM
I'm having some strangeness with my cats, coords approx x140 z472 in the overworld. I usually just let them sit at my home as decoration, but somehow they entered "follow" mode- they both jumped up on chests, but are no longer responding to my right-clicks to make them enter "sit" mode once I got them off the chests. But they also aren't following me around or teleporting to me, despite them not showing the sitting animation. They don't appear to be hungry, I can feed them and they'll go into love mode.

I mean, since they're not following me, I guess it's all okay, but I thought they were supposed to be sitting down when that happens, but they're certainly standing.

Okay, cats not really following their owner's commands isn't really strange per se, but you know what I mean.

enderlord99
2015-06-26, 03:48 AM
I have an idea for a mod. I don't know how to code, though. Anyone who does: feel free to use this idea or not, as you wish.

Basically, it's a bucket made with gold instead of iron, though it's called a "flask" rather than a "golden bucket." It holds 12 times as much, and sucks up liquid on a left click instead of a right click; Placing is still a right click. When it's completely full of a specific liquid (specified in the config file) it can be smelted in a furnace to be turned into an empty "magic flask" which is exactly the same except it stores (up to 12 identical) potions (fill it by crafting with the potion bottle; right-clicking with it on the correct mode lets you drink it) in addition to (and separately from) liquids; ctrl-click (right or left) cycles between the options (liquid or potion.) When a magic flask is filled completely with both a specific liquid and a specific potion (both being specified in the config) it can be smelted into an empty "genie flask" which, in addition to the other options, can hold up to 12 of any single mob (sort of like an MFR safari net.) Ctrl-rightclick cycles forwards between the three options, and ctrl-leftclick cycles backwards. When filled with 12000mB of a (config specified) liquid, 12 doses of a (config specified) potion, and 12 of a (config specified) mob, if Thaumcraft is also installed, it can be smelted into an empty "grand flask" which is like a genie flask that also stores essentia (up to 12 of a single aspect, retrieved or stored 1-at-a-time by left- or right-clicking on a warded jar of that aspect.)

What do people think of it, anyway?

Domochevsky
2015-06-27, 09:24 AM
I have an idea for a mod. I don't know how to code, though. Anyone who does: feel free to use this idea or not, as you wish.

Basically, it's a bucket made with gold instead of iron, though it's called a "flask" rather than a "golden bucket." It holds 12 times as much, and sucks up liquid on a left click instead of a right click; Placing is still a right click. When it's completely full of a specific liquid (specified in the config file) it can be smelted in a furnace to be turned into an empty "magic flask" which is exactly the same except it stores (up to 12 identical) potions (fill it by crafting with the potion bottle; right-clicking with it on the correct mode lets you drink it) in addition to (and separately from) liquids; ctrl-click (right or left) cycles between the options (liquid or potion.) When a magic flask is filled completely with both a specific liquid and a specific potion (both being specified in the config) it can be smelted into an empty "genie flask" which, in addition to the other options, can hold up to 12 of any single mob (sort of like an MFR safari net.) Ctrl-rightclick cycles forwards between the three options, and ctrl-leftclick cycles backwards. When filled with 12000mB of a (config specified) liquid, 12 doses of a (config specified) potion, and 12 of a (config specified) mob, if Thaumcraft is also installed, it can be smelted into an empty "grand flask" which is like a genie flask that also stores essentia (up to 12 of a single aspect, retrieved or stored 1-at-a-time by left- or right-clicking on a warded jar of that aspect.)

What do people think of it, anyway?

I think that it sounds convoluted; jumping over 4 different tables with little rhyme or reason. (Lacking thematic consistency, basically.) ">_>

enderlord99
2015-06-27, 09:47 AM
I think that it sounds convoluted; jumping over 4 different tables with little rhyme or reason. (Lacking thematic consistency, basically.) ">_>

http://pre00.deviantart.net/35ae/th/pre/f/2013/175/2/2/genie_lamp_by_navitaserussirus-d6afv0i.png

That said, I suppose it does seem more complicated than necessary...

Astral Avenger
2015-06-28, 05:55 PM
My new castle/base exterior is nearing completion, but I need to decide how to do the roofs of the towers.
Flat top with crenelations or sloped roof? What type of wood if I go sloped? Stairs or full blocks for crenelations? TO MANY CHOICES!!!

Interior of the castle is coming along well, ground floor is mostly walled, but about half still lacks a ceiling, basement has the fancy doors set up into the underground stables. Just need to start moving stuff from my old pyramid base into the new one and finishing stuff up.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-06-28, 08:31 PM
I find that cobblestone walls do a pretty good job of crenelations, if you go that route. Alternately, go with stone slabs for the difference in texture.

Triaxx
2015-06-29, 11:33 AM
I tend to prefer back to back cobblestone stairs for crenellations.

snipscisor
2015-07-01, 04:20 PM
Hey, so when i log on to the server i have no-clip and it says I'm not on the whitelist but i have been for ages and i checked it.
Also the world changed right? am i even on the right server?

OracleofWuffing
2015-07-01, 07:43 PM
Yes, the world changed (with some work being done to have the previous worlds be visitable) and people new to this world are put into spectator mode by default. If I recall correctly, the people to contact to see about getting put into survival mode are Saposhiente, HeavensAngel, and LegoShrimp. Be sure to have your Minecraft name handy.

Saposhiente
2015-07-01, 08:37 PM
Hey, so when i log on to the server i have no-clip and it says I'm not on the whitelist but i have been for ages and i checked it.
Also the world changed right? am i even on the right server?
The whitelist is going to start to expire pre-1.8 users because it only has their name, not UUID, and names can be changed. Re-added.
The old worlds are currently inaccessible because converting the playerdata format is being a huge pain and I've been busy with other projects.

snipscisor
2015-07-02, 12:37 PM
The whitelist is going to start to expire pre-1.8 users because it only has their name, not UUID, and names can be changed. Re-added.
The old worlds are currently inaccessible because converting the playerdata format is being a huge pain and I've been busy with other projects.
Ok so what should i do now?
And i was told to have my minecraft name handy so, its the same as this, snipscisor ;)

Saposhiente
2015-07-02, 08:48 PM
You're re-added, just hop on.

snipscisor
2015-07-03, 06:31 AM
You're re-added, just hop on.

OH! awesome, thanks.

Hmm, didn't work

Never mind, one of the admins used the [Server] to fix it

Astral Avenger
2015-07-03, 11:28 PM
I'm up to 3 Foxtrot class horses :smallbiggrin:. anyone have a really good horse for breeding, let me know. Also, if you need horse upgrades, let me know, I can probably help out. I've got a pretty good number of tier 1 horses that have 12 speed.

Tier
Jump
Speed
HP

3.5+
11+
20+

Foxtrot
4.0+
12+
20+

Lima
5.0+
11+
20+

Shadowfax
4.5+
13+
26+

Glue
<3.5
<11
<20

Ogremindes
2015-07-04, 12:28 AM
There was going to be a new hardcore world added, has that happened yet?

Eldest
2015-07-04, 08:58 AM
Yes, the world changed (with some work being done to have the previous worlds be visitable) and people new to this world are put into spectator mode by default. If I recall correctly, the people to contact to see about getting put into survival mode are Saposhiente, HeavensAngel, and LegoShrimp. Be sure to have your Minecraft name handy.

I am also able to do the shift assuming I'm online. My laptop, however, has quit working in protest, and so I won't be able to do so until it is fixed or replaced.

bluemissposer
2015-07-07, 01:37 PM
Hey guys I'm here and I'm hoping to join this server. I'm applying for a whitelist now.

snipscisor
2015-07-07, 02:08 PM
Hey guys I'm here and I'm hoping to join this server. I'm applying for a whitelist now.

Welcome Blue, hope you get on :)

Astral Avenger
2015-07-07, 04:46 PM
Whilst exploring yesterday I found a witch's hut, I dont have any plans to build a witch farmer out of it, so if anyone wants it, go to -2193, 64, 1237 and claim it.

Saposhiente
2015-07-08, 01:35 AM
There was going to be a new hardcore world added, has that happened yet?
I'm not aware of any such plans.

Added.

Ogremindes
2015-07-08, 04:11 AM
I'm not aware of any such plans.

My understanding was, back when the server updated, was for additional worlds to go in shortly after the new survival world, then it was decided to stick with just the one world for a while. I did ask at the time.

Regardless, can a new HC Large Biomes world be added?

snipscisor
2015-07-08, 06:53 PM
Hey, my base is pretty far out (2000 blocks south of spawn) and i have built quite a lot of my house, but i feel too far away. Should i make a second base near all you guys/ girls?

Astral Avenger
2015-07-08, 08:30 PM
Hey, my base is pretty far out (2000 blocks south of spawn) and i have built quite a lot of my house, but i feel too far away. Should i make a second base near all you guys/ girls?

If you have coordinates, we could build a nether road to your base from spawn, that would make travel easier. Otherwise a secondary base closer would encourage more interaction.

NecroRebel
2015-07-08, 11:00 PM
You can get back and forth from spawn easily if you /sethome at your base. That way, you can use /home to go to your base and /spawn to go to spawn. It doesn't let you carry horses or livestock with you, though, which can be a problem.

One big and not necessarily obvious advantage to having your base near spawn, though, is that spawn gets a lot of traffic and thus the area near it gets loaded more often than distant lands. The consequence of that is that crops and animals will grow when you're not around more often.

There's actually a fair amount of land near spawntown that hasn't been claimed, though the bit directly around spawn itself is fairly dense. Even that isn't completely built over, though, and you may be able to find a suitable site for a secondary abode.

snipscisor
2015-07-09, 09:15 AM
There's actually a fair amount of land near spawntown that hasn't been claimed, though the bit directly around spawn itself is fairly dense. Even that isn't completely built over, though, and you may be able to find a suitable site for a secondary abode.

Yeah, i may make a small little rest stop for myself near spawn town, thats a good idea

If you have coordinates, we could build a nether road to your base from spawn, that would make travel easier. Otherwise a secondary base closer would encourage more interaction.

Hey! thats a great idea, i may start working on one!

Alent
2015-07-09, 03:31 PM
Over on the modded side of things, does anyone know of a forge multipart friendly plumbing network that plays nice with Funky Locomotion?

I'm running Resonant Rise 3 and planning on building a couple of tunnel bores and a nether mulcher, only I ran into a problem when I went to use my old 1.4.7 nether-mulcher design- I can't find pipes that will carry a redstone signal and fit into Funky Locomotion panels.

The goal was to get enough materials to start building an ME system, so the annihilation plane wall solution is out. :smallannoyed:

enderlord99
2015-07-09, 06:19 PM
How does one upload a Cursevoice pack for download by other people? I really want to share my pack with you guys!

Sorry if this somehow offended anyone.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-07-09, 08:59 PM
Over on the modded side of things, does anyone know of a forge multipart friendly plumbing network that plays nice with Funky Locomotion?

I'm running Resonant Rise 3 and planning on building a couple of tunnel bores and a nether mulcher, only I ran into a problem when I went to use my old 1.4.7 nether-mulcher design- I can't find pipes that will carry a redstone signal and fit into Funky Locomotion panels.

The goal was to get enough materials to start building an ME system, so the annihilation plane wall solution is out. :smallannoyed:

ExtraUtils is multipart friendly and works with Funky Locomotion. DW20 uses it for his floating mining platform.

PallElendro
2015-07-11, 02:46 AM
I am joining Minecraft under the username 'jhmgrose'.

Saposhiente
2015-07-12, 02:09 AM
Removed 1,400 chickens that were crashing the server. Snipscisor, please build autofarms that don't produce infinity chickens and then I'll spawn some back in.

I am joining Minecraft under the username 'jhmgrose'.

Added.

PallElendro
2015-07-14, 02:51 AM
Thanks. That leads to my next question, how do I not be a ghost so I can get to building things and mining materials to build such things?

Eldest
2015-07-14, 11:56 AM
Somebody with the ability to change that shifts you from ghost to regular person. I'll sit on the server for a while, if you're on poke me and I'll change you over.

HeavensAngel
2015-07-16, 01:02 PM
Regardless, can a new HC Large Biomes world be added?

Ogre, the reason why we started a new world is because everyone was spread so thin around in six different worlds, that we never had any physical interactions amongst players with buildings or characters, the best chance that we had for interaction was in RP, where it was more or less forced upon you to interact with others for things that you needed. You basically have a HC large biomes world already (our current world). If you ask me, there's no reason for another one to be made. I personally think we need the event worlds in order to draw, attract, and keep more players on the server. That's just my thought on this subject, if anyone has a different idea, please chip in.

Ogremindes
2015-07-16, 06:30 PM
Ogre, the reason why we started a new world is because everyone was spread so thin around in six different worlds, that we never had any physical interactions amongst players with buildings or characters, the best chance that we had for interaction was in RP, where it was more or less forced upon you to interact with others for things that you needed. You basically have a HC large biomes world already (our current world). If you ask me, there's no reason for another one to be made. I personally think we need the event worlds in order to draw, attract, and keep more players on the server. That's just my thought on this subject, if anyone has a different idea, please chip in.

I personally lost interest in the current Survival world when it was decided to run it in ...I think it was either creative or peaceful for a while shortly after it was made. That's why the Hardcore worlds feel different, no cheaty stuff.

Eldest
2015-07-16, 06:34 PM
I personally lost interest in the current Survival world when it was decided to run it in ...I think it was either creative or peaceful for a while shortly after it was made. That's why the Hardcore worlds feel different, no cheaty stuff.

The current survival world is most certainly not in either peaceful or creative. I believe it defaults to hard, actually, though please don't quote me on that, with teleportation and creepers not causing block damage being the only "easy mode" changes.

Ogremindes
2015-07-16, 06:44 PM
The current survival world is most certainly not in either peaceful or creative. I believe it defaults to hard, actually, though please don't quote me on that, with teleportation and creepers not causing block damage being the only "easy mode" changes.

Oh, I know it was only in that state for a short while, but knowing it was in that state kills it for me.

HeavensAngel
2015-07-16, 10:42 PM

The current difficulty of the map is on hard, yet we have griefing from creepers off, so they can still damage players, but they will not cause damage to terrain. The map is also Large biomes, so this is literally a new hardcore, except that people can opt to use god mode if they don't want to play the game in survival.

Eldest
2015-07-16, 10:48 PM
Oh, I know it was only in that state for a short while, but knowing it was in that state kills it for me.

I'm confused. You want to play under your own specific rules, with everyone else required to play by those rules in that world. The fact that those rules currently apply is void because in the past they briefly didn't apply.

NecroRebel
2015-07-16, 10:57 PM
I'm confused. You want to play under your own specific rules, with everyone else required to play by those rules in that world. The fact that those rules currently apply is void because in the past they briefly didn't apply.

I'm assuming he thinks that the first day or so had everyone in creative mode and so everyone who played at that time has chests full of diamond blocks and equipment with impossible enchantments or something. This, of course, is not the case. Either that, or he thinks that there's a lot of stuff that was built in peaceful mode that significantly advantage the server's citizens, which is also not the case.

No one is really advantaged more than they would be if it had been in hard mode from the first second after the reset. People who are wealthy are wealthy because they've put in the time to become wealthy.

Ogremindes
2015-07-16, 11:19 PM

Pretty much.

I'm assuming he thinks that the first day or so had everyone in creative mode and so everyone who played at that time has chests full of diamond blocks and equipment with impossible enchantments or something. This, of course, is not the case. Either that, or he thinks that there's a lot of stuff that was built in peaceful mode that significantly advantage the server's citizens, which is also not the case.

No one is really advantaged more than they would be if it had been in hard mode from the first second after the reset. People who are wealthy are wealthy because they've put in the time to become wealthy.

I don't really doubt the integrity of the players on this server. But having played on our take on "survival", super cheaty "survival" and our "hardcore", I found HC to be a lot more fun and satisfying. And I feel that it's both because of how I play on HC and how the other players play. Building a giant thing legit when there are other things built with the help of game mods or admin powers is just less fun.

Draconi Redfir
2015-07-16, 11:47 PM
are the old libary worlds such as RP world up yet by any chance? or is that thing still on the backburner?

Saposhiente
2015-07-16, 11:58 PM
Actually, this talk about worlds and people being spread apart is making me consider another possible solution: Bringing the old worlds back as read-only, so that people can still explore the many constructions of people, but all the building will be in just one survival world, one hardcore world, one rp world, and so on, rather than our current scattered mess. The reason the worlds haven't come back up is that minecraft hasn't been able to convert the player data, and bringing back the worlds without the player data would be unfair because inventories would be lost but chests would not, and so on, and trying to convert the player data myself involves huge hacks and I'd worry about it getting corrupted and so on. Just bringing back the worlds as a read-only archive would only require making a plugin to disable saving, excluding them from new backups, and reconfiguring other plugins; I could likely have it up within a week. What do you guys think?

NecroRebel
2015-07-17, 12:30 AM
I'd be cool with that. I had what I considered to be a fairly fancy house in the release world I think it was, but my building skills have improved since then and looking back at my memories of it I don't think I'd want to go back to it.

The server consistently seemed kind of abandoned before the reset. It doesn't seem like many people had any major ongoing projects that they might want to complete. The only project I had been working on before I got bored was an iron farm design that I hear no longer works, so I don't care about having the worlds set to read-only from that standpoint.

Ogremindes
2015-07-17, 12:35 AM
Actually, this talk about worlds and people being spread apart is making me consider another possible solution: Bringing the old worlds back as read-only, so that people can still explore the many constructions of people, but all the building will be in just one survival world, one hardcore world, one rp world, and so on, rather than our current scattered mess. The reason the worlds haven't come back up is that minecraft hasn't been able to convert the player data, and bringing back the worlds without the player data would be unfair because inventories would be lost but chests would not, and so on, and trying to convert the player data myself involves huge hacks and I'd worry about it getting corrupted and so on. Just bringing back the worlds as a read-only archive would only require making a plugin to disable saving, excluding them from new backups, and reconfiguring other plugins; I could likely have it up within a week. What do you guys think?

Works for me. The worldgen is supposed to be future-proofed now, anyway.

OracleofWuffing
2015-07-17, 11:52 AM
I don't really see any unfairness in losing player inventories but not chest inventories, but it sounds like that's not on the table or at least not a stance shared by others. So yeah, read-only is acceptable for me.

HeavensAngel
2015-07-17, 01:57 PM
I'm good for read-only. Allows us to see how we built a previous building if we really liked it, and recreate it without cheats or hacks.

Now that we've got command blocks incorporated, would anyone like to try and see if we can't get a TF2 styled PvP arena set up with capture the points, and such? I had wanted to try and get it started before the restart, but command blocks hadn't been introduced at that time. Now that we've had command blocks for a while, and there's several people with experience using them, I feel like we can make it work. I'll also try and get The Walls and the PvP arenas back up and functioning with command blocks (I've got a lot of learning to do, unless someone wants to help me).

Draconi Redfir
2015-07-17, 02:24 PM
aye. main reason i want RP world back for the most part is so i can get a copy of a build i made in there that i've been wanting to work on in a creative serve, so being able to just see it would be fine.

snipscisor
2015-07-17, 04:55 PM
Removed 1,400 chickens that were crashing the server. Snipscisor, please build autofarms that don't produce infinity chickens and then I'll spawn some back in.

Added.

I apologise, i didn't read this yet and put a few chickens in the farm again, not a lot. did that crash the server again?

again, i am sorry

If i did i will demolish the machine and just fill the building with chickens from another farm

NecroRebel
2015-07-17, 05:09 PM
I apologise, i didn't read this yet and put a few chickens in the farm again, not a lot. did that crash the server again?

A few days ago I noticed that the server was lagging badly, went to your KFC, and found that it had huge amounts of chickens again. I killed the bottom set and added in a lever to switch off the automatic chicken spawner.

You could probably refit the thing so that it either instantly kills chickens once they grow up or stops spawning them if there's too many in the waiting area, though the latter might be hard to engineer. There is a way to instantly kill chickens that become an adult, though it's bigger than what you've got.

enderlord99
2015-07-17, 08:43 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/185/721/moncroft.PNG

snipscisor
2015-07-18, 07:33 AM
A few days ago I noticed that the server was lagging badly, went to your KFC, and found that it had huge amounts of chickens again. I killed the bottom set and added in a lever to switch off the automatic chicken spawner.

You could probably refit the thing so that it either instantly kills chickens once they grow up or stops spawning them if there's too many in the waiting area, though the latter might be hard to engineer. There is a way to instantly kill chickens that become an adult, though it's bigger than what you've got.

Yeah, sorry about that

Maybe i could hook the lava up the the egg dispenser so that anytime an egg is thrown, the lava pops on and any grown chickens would die. it would be a bit random but would stop infinite chickens. Keeping the lava permanent would burn the drops, thats why the lava needed to be turned off

Katsha
2015-07-18, 09:31 AM
For once I'm not just gonna lurk on the thread! I was working on getting villagers and ran into a gold armored spider jockey: screencap http://imgur.com/qlfBkZW

also, I should hopefully have an iron farm up and running soon-ish if anyone is interested. :D *fades back into the nothingness of space*

NecroRebel
2015-07-18, 10:35 AM
Maybe i could hook the lava up the the egg dispenser so that anytime an egg is thrown, the lava pops on and any grown chickens would die. it would be a bit random but would stop infinite chickens. Keeping the lava permanent would burn the drops, thats why the lava needed to be turned off

It's much larger in terms of horizontal space, but if you have a 3x3 layer of hoppers with slabs on top, a sign in the center above that, and lava all around the sign, then have the dispenser shoot into an empty block above all that, chickens will spawn, fall into the center of the lava, and then sit on the slabs until they grow up, when they'll become large enough for the lava to kill them. Some of the drops will be lost, but not all.

It might still be a bad idea to leave on all the time, and you may want to put fewer chickens than you have been in the breeding part of the device, but such a thing should cause less problems than the design you had.

snipscisor
2015-07-18, 11:32 AM
It's much larger in terms of horizontal space, but if you have a 3x3 layer of hoppers with slabs on top, a sign in the center above that, and lava all around the sign, then have the dispenser shoot into an empty block above all that, chickens will spawn, fall into the center of the lava, and then sit on the slabs until they grow up, when they'll become large enough for the lava to kill them. Some of the drops will be lost, but not all.

I do not know exactly what you mean, and my first version had the lava on all the time and strangely all drops were lost so i added a monostable circuit to be safe.

It might still be a bad idea to leave on all the time, and you may want to put fewer chickens than you have been in the breeding part of the device, but such a thing should cause less problems than the design you had.

I only put a few chickens this time so there are only approx. under 20 babies in the lava chamber and as soon as they grow they will be burned when another egg is thrown, maybe replacing that chicken, maybe not, making it run slower.

There are the times when an egg is thrown and there are no adults in the lava chamber and the egg may release a chicken, this keeps a ruffly stable amount of chickens.

snipscisor
2015-07-18, 04:27 PM
For once I'm not just gonna lurk on the thread! I was working on getting villagers and ran into a gold armored spider jockey: screencap http://imgur.com/qlfBkZW

also, I should hopefully have an iron farm up and running soon-ish if anyone is interested. :D *fades back into the nothingness of space*

I'm famous C:

t209
2015-07-31, 08:52 AM
https://mojang.com/2015/07/minecraft-snapshot-15w31a/
Shield up!
Minecraft update! Melee edition.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-07-31, 11:07 PM
You know, I kind of have a new definition of o.o after playing with mods for so long.

Mekanism, for example, includes a whole host of armors which have various properties but on the whole tend to be superior to most of what you can find in vanilla, although making them can be a royal pain. And then the mod author hard-coded these armors to be able to be worn by zombies and skeletons and any other mob that anyone else might add that can wear armor. Then significantly boosted (although this is configurable in the config file) the odds of them wearing said armor.

For example, glowstone armor requires diamond dust, some fairly expensive machinery, and of course glowstone to create the ingots to make. Its durability is worse even than gold armor, however its defensive capability is astounding... as long as it lasts (something like a durability of 24, I believe).

There's also additional mobs that are added... like a baby skeleton whose arrows are every bit as painful as regular skeletons (and has just as much a chance of getting an enchanted bow), which is riding on a chicken. Not only does this make it immune to fall damage, which means it is actually rather inclined to jump into a ravine after you, shooting at you while slowly descending, but it also runs stupidly fast. And swims faster than you do.

Now imagine said chicken, with diamond horse armor barding, being ridden by a baby skeleton with a punch bow and glowstone armor.

But it could be worse... in Ender Zoo, there's a witch that comes with a Wither Cat as a familiar. Yes, the cat does apply Wither when it hits you. And it is as fast as a wild cat trying to run away from you. Only now it is running at you. Now you know how a creeper feels when you hear that meow.

Domochevsky
2015-08-01, 08:29 AM
Ah right, Wither Cats... quite aggressive and deadly from what I've seen so far. They do like them wither. >_>

OracleofWuffing
2015-08-01, 08:53 AM
:smallconfused: How recent was the change that required diamond dust to make glowstone ingots? I remember it just using an Osmium Compressor, Osmium, and Glowstone Dust... Diamond dust was just used in making the refined obsidian stuff, and I don't recall that generating on mobs. :smallfrown: Oy, too bad the FMP dependency put Mekanism out of scope for my next modpack, those endgame machines look wicked.

Are there any simple mods for controlling biome generation for 1.7.10? I'd like to see about just making biomes smaller in general, reducing the ocean sizes, and removing the whole temperature themes to just generate biomes randomly. I previously did the sizing and oceans thing with Biomies O' Plenty, but... reeeeeally don't want to dig through that mod's config file and disable the thousands of other stuff it adds.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-08-01, 11:00 AM
:smallconfused: How recent was the change that required diamond dust to make glowstone ingots? I remember it just using an Osmium Compressor, Osmium, and Glowstone Dust... Diamond dust was just used in making the refined obsidian stuff, and I don't recall that generating on mobs. :smallfrown: Oy, too bad the FMP dependency put Mekanism out of scope for my next modpack, those endgame machines look wicked.Yea, the diamond dust is now required for all of the glowstone/lapis/refined obsidian armor, and all of them will spawn on mobs these days.

Does Mekanism have FMP dependency? I didn't think it did, although some of its parts could be multipart compatible.

Are there any simple mods for controlling biome generation for 1.7.10? I'd like to see about just making biomes smaller in general, reducing the ocean sizes, and removing the whole temperature themes to just generate biomes randomly. I previously did the sizing and oceans thing with Biomies O' Plenty, but... reeeeeally don't want to dig through that mod's config file and disable the thousands of other stuff it adds.

Yea, BoP's config file is a legendary slog, but that's the only way I can think of offhand that will let you do it. ATG actively builds in the temperature theme and builds upon it, so that's kind of the opposite direction you are going. Just not that many terrain mods out there.

OracleofWuffing
2015-08-02, 08:27 AM
Does Mekanism have FMP dependency? I didn't think it did, although some of its parts could be multipart compatible.
At least when I was looking at it a few months back, it silently downloaded FMP for you if it wasn't there already because the universal cables, mechanical pipes, and pressurized tubes all relied on it. It was apparently the easiest way to add support for hiding them behind blocks, which is something that doesn't cater to my particular playstyle but was in demand by others. I know Applied Energistics 2 doesn't grab FMP but does support it, but I'm really hesitant to suggest to someone to make their mod more like AE2. :smalltongue:

Triaxx
2015-08-02, 12:54 PM
I personally like massive Biomes, but my preferred Biome mod has become Highlands. The variety is good, temperature differences are separated by Shrublands, which are like plains, but with more low trees, and some of the big biomes are so large and impressive you can't help but stare. Especially things like the Flying mountains, or the Alps.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-08-02, 02:34 PM
At least when I was looking at it a few months back, it silently downloaded FMP for you if it wasn't there already because the universal cables, mechanical pipes, and pressurized tubes all relied on it. It was apparently the easiest way to add support for hiding them behind blocks, which is something that doesn't cater to my particular playstyle but was in demand by others. I know Applied Energistics 2 doesn't grab FMP but does support it, but I'm really hesitant to suggest to someone to make their mod more like AE2. :smalltongue:

Actually, AE2 is completely non-FMP. It has its own facade system (much like Buildcraft's only with less derp) to conceal wiring.

I'm also REALLY enjoying AE2's foibles, actually enjoying it way more than the original AE now. In fact, I just build a 4 x 4 x 4 cube of Interfaces and Molecular Assemblers which greatly resembles an old-style MAC. 32*9 recipes comes out to just about 4.5 pages of recipes on the old system, and it will run much faster because each interface is adjacent to six MA's meaning it runs up to six crafting actions at once.

Here's some guides I have written on the topic that might help.

Applied Energistics 2 for Newbies (A Reference Guide for the Rest Of Us!) (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ae2-for-newbies-a-reference-guide-for-the-rest-of-us.49820/)
Steve's First ME Network (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/starting-your-me-network-for-newbies.99644/)

Channel Surfing for Newbies (A Reference Guide for the Rest Of Us!) (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ae2-channel-surfing-for-newbies.100248/)

enderlord99
2015-08-02, 08:00 PM
I'm also REALLY enjoying AE2's foibles, actually enjoying it way more than the original AE now.

They're both too easy, just like EE2 or SFM, at least in my opinion.

Thoseseem to me like they make the game easier than Dartcraft does. DARTCRAFT! The mod that adds fortune IV pickaxes that also auto-macerate things!

...Yeah, I think I've gotten that power-creep rant out of my system now. I'm not entirely sure.

Alent
2015-08-02, 09:02 PM
Thoseseem to me like they make the game easier than Dartcraft does. DARTCRAFT! The mod that adds fortune IV pickaxes that also auto-macerate things!

Coming back after a little over a year without playing Minecraft, I found I needed Tears for something in my new world, so I tried unsuccessfully to shear my cows. Turns out I needed Dartcraft's Heat Shears for that, and didn't have Dartcraft installed anymore.

Power creep is right. :smallbiggrin:

OracleofWuffing
2015-08-02, 10:36 PM
I personally like massive Biomes, but my preferred Biome mod has become Highlands. The variety is good, temperature differences are separated by Shrublands, which are like plains, but with more low trees, and some of the big biomes are so large and impressive you can't help but stare. Especially things like the Flying mountains, or the Alps.
Yeah, large biomes are really nice to look at, and I'd normally go "the more the merrier" when it comes to biomes. But I've come around to adjusting mob spawns, and uh... To put it nicely, I've found it to be a complete and unpleasant mess, and it'll just get bigger if I add more biomes.

Actually, AE2 is completely non-FMP. It has its own facade system (much like Buildcraft's only with less derp) to conceal wiring.
Check your AppliedEnergistics2.cfg's modintegration section, it has a "S:ForgeMultiPart" line. It defaults to AUTO so it'll use it if it's there.

Regardless, I'm referring to the meteor and in-world growth systems that were added in by AE2- if Mekanism required you to go meteor hunting to build atomic cores or you grew osmium by throwing stuff on the ground, I'd be a heck of a lot less interested. I already have AE2 in, being able to store, transfer, and search for items in that small of a space is just too handy and much lighter on the server than most alternatives (and given the setups I've seen my group make, channels will not be a problem at all). Granted, I'm using some custom recipes to completely obliterate the meteor hunt and make an end-run around crystal growth by using more items. I personally kind of expect to try ProjectE for "storage," but this is getting way distracted, point being that I like Mekanism's end stuff, but can't spare the room for FMP, which it'll automatically grab.

Previously, I couldn't convince anyone this pack is for that Dartcraft was worth looking into. I mean, I enabled the Unbreakable infusion that's normally off by default and everyone else says wrecks the game, and I have a setup with 6 extended Blaze Spawners from Gany's Nether that all ends in Thermal Expansion's Autonomous Activators with Force Swords that also cause mobs to drop the treasure chest cards so I can get dungeon loot out of it too, and I also walk around with the Force Pack mostly to hold a one-button teleport to go back home but I also get the autofeeder and healing/fire resist rods on one button, but every time I show them how cool it is? "It's a weak derpy grindy Zelda mod." Luckily the heartbreaking decision got made for me this time around, as that mod's not updated to 1.7 so it isn't even on the table this time around.

enderlord99
2015-08-03, 01:34 AM
Previously, I couldn't convince anyone this pack is for that Dartcraft was worth looking into. I mean, I enabled the Unbreakable infusion that's normally off by default and everyone else says wrecks the game, and I have a setup with 6 extended Blaze Spawners from Gany's Nether that all ends in Thermal Expansion's Autonomous Activators with Force Swords that also cause mobs to drop the treasure chest cards so I can get dungeon loot out of it too, and I also walk around with the Force Pack mostly to hold a one-button teleport to go back home but I also get the autofeeder and healing/fire resist rods on one button, but every time I show them how cool it is? "It's a weak derpy grindy Zelda mod." Luckily the heartbreaking decision got made for me this time around, as that mod's not updated to 1.7 so it isn't even on the table this time around.

Have you tried responding with "no, it's a strong derpy grindy Zelda mod," even though we already know it won't convince them?

Triaxx
2015-08-06, 04:17 PM
Fair enough. I'm not nearly insane enough to mess with that kind of thing. I'd much prefer to just let the game handle it. Too much hassle for me.

enderlord99
2015-08-18, 12:19 AM
If I were planning on making an extremely hard, somewhat horror-themed modpack (which I might do, eventually) I think I'd make the title be "Boiling Pus and Rotten Teeth."

Does that make sense?

Saposhiente
2015-08-18, 03:29 AM
(Personally I don't think that needs a trigger warning. Well, I'm not much of a fan of trigger warnings in general, but this just seems silly.)

Iruka
2015-08-18, 05:08 AM
If I were planning on making an extremely hard, somewhat horror-themed modpack (which I might do, eventually) I think I'd make the title be "Boiling Pus and Rotten Teeth."

Does that make sense?

Well, does it actually contain boiling pus and rotten teeth or is that just an empty promise? :smalltongue:

enderlord99
2015-08-18, 05:45 AM
Well, does it actually contain boiling pus and rotten teeth or is that just an empty promise? :smalltongue:

Pus is the most disturbing commonly-known bodily fluid I could think of, and teeth are the only part of the body harder than bones are.:smallamused:

As for the "Boiling" and "Rotten," well, they just make it flow better (in my opinion) and also be scarier (also in my opinion) when compared to simply "Pus and Teeth."

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-08-18, 10:10 AM
Are you, then, perhaps unaware of the mod pack Blood N Bones, which is pretty much as punitively grindy a pack as I have ever experienced?

enderlord99
2015-08-18, 10:59 AM
Are you, then, perhaps unaware of the mod pack Blood N Bones, which is pretty much as punitively grindy a pack as I have ever experienced?

...If I didn't know about it, why would I specifically decide to name mine after a (different) bodily fluid and a (different) form of hard tissue?

It probably won't actually be harder than BnB, but I think it's funny to name it as if it is.

Ogremindes
2015-08-21, 10:14 PM

So, uh, is this a thing that's happening? Just asking 'cause I'm getting burnt out on a game I've been playing regularly and as such I'm looking for another game to pick up.

t209
2015-08-22, 01:11 AM
New Minecraft update (Snapshot).
They changed the strength system, which axe has high damage but low speed and vice versa for swords. But I feel that axe should have more durability or shield busting.

Domochevsky
2015-08-22, 09:13 AM
Personally I do welcome the notion of differing attack speeds and being able to track that now internally. Should be highly useful for modding. :smallsmile:
High time to get away from "flail around wildly while jumping" combat, too. So I'm watching these snapshots with interest.

Saposhiente
2015-08-23, 02:08 AM
So, uh, is this a thing that's happening? Just asking 'cause I'm getting burnt out on a game I've been playing regularly and as such I'm looking for another game to pick up.

Sorry for the delay! I didn't get it all done before hitting two weeks of vacation, and it's taken me a while to get back to it. You've inspired me to push through, and I hope to get it done by tomorrow evening.
Upgrade progress:
--Fix WhitelistSpectate: Ready to deploy
--Update Backuper: Ready to deploy
--Update WorldGroups: In progress Ready to deploy
--Create ReadOnlyWorlds: Todo

Update: Well that was a tough deadline! Good for me though. WorldGroups has passed the testing regimen so now I just need to make sure it doesn't munch the older data on the server.
Update2: All of the plugins are theoretically working, but I've decided it would be best if I don't try to perform the upgrade at 2 AM and break everything. Finalization tomorrow.

Ogremindes
2015-08-23, 05:59 AM
Sorry for the delay! I didn't get it all done before hitting two weeks of vacation, and it's taken me a while to get back to it. You've inspired me to push through, and I hope to get it done by tomorrow evening.

Awesome :)

t209
2015-08-24, 03:34 PM
Personally I do welcome the notion of differing attack speeds and being able to track that now internally. Should be highly useful for modding. :smallsmile:
High time to get away from "flail around wildly while jumping" combat, too. So I'm watching these snapshots with interest.
Well, Axes can now disable shield temporarily.

OracleofWuffing
2015-08-25, 11:26 AM
Is there anything server-wise that would cause villagers to despawn? I got my Iron farm all sat up, but two of the Leatherworkers I used to have have up and disappeared (http://i.imgur.com/UxFpE2s.png). F3'd screenshot to show coordinates. It's been lit up for quite some time, so I don't think a zombie spawned in and killed exactly two villagers, and it's a fully enclosed space, so even if they got out I should be able to find them. I haven't given the warp name to anyone, either. I mean, I'm kinda glad it was the Leatherworkers, I'm not too fond of their trades, but I kind of want to cover my bases before I replace them and two other villagers disappear.

NecroRebel
2015-08-25, 01:45 PM
Is there anything server-wise that would cause villagers to despawn? I got my Iron farm all sat up, but two of the Leatherworkers I used to have have up and disappeared (http://i.imgur.com/UxFpE2s.png). F3'd screenshot to show coordinates. It's been lit up for quite some time, so I don't think a zombie spawned in and killed exactly two villagers, and it's a fully enclosed space, so even if they got out I should be able to find them. I haven't given the warp name to anyone, either. I mean, I'm kinda glad it was the Leatherworkers, I'm not too fond of their trades, but I kind of want to cover my bases before I replace them and two other villagers disappear.

I think village sieges are in again, and they don't care about light levels as far as I know. It could be that zombies spawned inside those particular villagers' pens, or maybe they're just placed so that zombies outside can reach them but none of the others.

It's also possible that the villagers glitched through the fences. I sometimes notice dead animal parts in my ranch where there's nothing that should kill them, so I think the only possibility is if they're glitching into walls as the place is loaded and unloaded, and if that's possible it's also possible that mobs might glitch into fences, letting them walk through.

enderlord99
2015-08-25, 02:07 PM
How do I get Nevermine to work on Curse? I tried putting a copy in the mods folder for my pack manually, but that didn't work...

OracleofWuffing
2015-08-25, 06:48 PM
I think village sieges are in again, and they don't care about light levels as far as I know. It could be that zombies spawned inside those particular villagers' pens, or maybe they're just placed so that zombies outside can reach them but none of the others.

It's also possible that the villagers glitched through the fences. I sometimes notice dead animal parts in my ranch where there's nothing that should kill them, so I think the only possibility is if they're glitching into walls as the place is loaded and unloaded, and if that's possible it's also possible that mobs might glitch into fences, letting them walk through.
Ah, seiges were bugged to not happen just as I started playing Minecraft, so I hadn't thought about that. Going off the wiki information, the zombies couldn't have spawned inside the cells, as the cells are well within the boundaries of where zombies won't spawn during a seige, but testing it out in Creative, they'll still land hits from outside if things line up correctly. Fencing the corners will stop that, though. Would've imagined the damage would be greater if that was the cause, but then again, I imagine lots of things.

The carpets prevent the villagers from glitching through the fences, in that they see something the full width of a block on top of the fencepost, so there's a hitbox preventing them from going into the third of a block that the fencepost is on. Guess it's still possible for mobs to clip through solid block areas as chunks are loaded and unloaded, but that kinda isn't really preventable. Even if I had more anti-mob defenses, the villagers themselves could clip into walls and suffocate. Oh well, just means more loving for our favorite squidwards.

Saposhiente
2015-08-26, 04:15 AM
Worlds are up!
--New hardcore worlds have been created, named newhardcore.
--Old creative and adventure worlds are back
--Old survival worlds are in the new "archive" worldgroup, /wg 5
----Now set to creative
----Due to memory constraints, the old mainworld, the nethers, and the ends are currently disabled
----Worlds are read-only; all changes you make will disappear when the chunks are unloaded
--Mainworld has been renamed "nova" to prevent having two worlds with the same name
----This will break warps! Sorry about that. I can assist you with teleportation upon request.

Hopefully everything works, let me know if there are problems.

Ogremindes
2015-08-26, 04:55 AM
Worlds are up!
--New hardcore worlds have been created, named newhardcore.
--Old creative and adventure worlds are back
--Old survival worlds are in the new "archive" worldgroup, /wg 5
----Now set to creative
----Due to memory constraints, the old mainworld, the nethers, and the ends are currently disabled
----Worlds are read-only; all changes you make will disappear when the chunks are unloaded
--Mainworld has been renamed "nova" to prevent having two worlds with the same name
----This will break warps! Sorry about that. I can assist you with teleportation upon request.

Hopefully everything works, let me know if there are problems.

Yay!

Oh, did newhardcore end up being large biomes? 'cause that was well received in HC2 from what I heard from other players (well, the coolness of the worldgen was at least balanced out byu the extra walking).

Saposhiente
2015-08-26, 05:37 AM
If hardcore people would rather have the one and only be large biomes I can delete it and do that. Just don't want to have so many worlds everywhere.

Ogremindes
2015-08-26, 05:53 AM
I can only attest to what I saw while playing HC2. I personally loved the large biomes, the people I played with regularly liked the large biomes, and the other people I saw liked the "worldiness" but not the travel time. So I'm for large biomes.

Either way, better to make the call quickly.

Emperordaniel
2015-08-28, 02:13 AM
I've been away for a while, but I think I'll pop back over to the server tonight - I've been feeling in a really Minecraft-y mood lately, and I still have quite a few unfinished or partly-finished projects to work on. :smalltongue:

Ogremindes
2015-08-28, 11:11 PM
I've been playing on newhardcore some, long enough to get a base established. It's a pretty cool spawn. I'd like to see what this seed does in large biomes:smallsmile:

enderlord99
2015-08-28, 11:27 PM
How do I get Nevermine to work on Curse? I tried putting a copy in the mods folder for my pack manually, but that didn't work...

Does anyone know?

OracleofWuffing
2015-08-28, 11:40 PM
I don't use the Curse Launcher, and I didn't see Nevermine when I searched for it on Curse, can you provide me with a link to show me what you're looking at when you're talking about it?

enderlord99
2015-08-28, 11:50 PM
I don't use the Curse Launcher, and I didn't see Nevermine when I searched for it on Curse, can you provide me with a link to show me what you're looking at when you're talking about it?

Supposedly, the Curse client allows you to take mods that aren't in the auto-install list and manually add them. It doesn't work with Nevermine; I might have downloaded the wrong file, but I don't know what the right file for that purpose is.

Does anyone have a link to a copy that can simply be put in the mods folder?

Triaxx
2015-08-29, 06:28 AM
Check and make sure what you're putting in is a .jar file. Other wise it might need to be unzipped/unpacked.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-08-29, 10:05 PM
I just don't use the Curse launcher because it is the ONLY launcher which doesn't run on my operating system (Linux). I actually find this somewhere between insulting and facepalming... you have a game that can run on just about any OS, every single other launcher can run on any OS, yet for some reason they decided 'Nah, let's do this Windows only' for no apparent reason (other than perhaps sucking up to the new owner of Minecraft).

enderlord99
2015-08-30, 05:23 PM
What would be a good name for a pack that doesn't contain Gregtech, but feels like it does?

Triaxx
2015-08-30, 07:20 PM
PseudoGrindHouse?

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-08-30, 07:58 PM
What would be a good name for a pack that doesn't contain Gregtech, but feels like it does?

Punishing Grindfest?

enderlord99
2015-08-30, 08:18 PM
I was hoping for a name that was less negative-propoganda-y.

Yes, it would be hard; yes, it would be grindy; and yes, it would have an exceedingly long tech tree... but are all of those really bad, necessarily? The first and (especially) second apply to most skyblocks, and those are some of the most popular maps of all time! This pack would be designed to have all that without being an actual skyblock. Death shouldn't be too punishing, merely a minor setback. Really, there are four main things that Gregtech inspired me to include in this:

High difficulty
Heavy (but not necessarily extreme) grindiness
A very, very LOOOOONG tech tree
One-way Forge equivalencies (such as "stainless steel works as steel, but regular steel doesn't work as stainless steel")

OracleofWuffing
2015-08-31, 02:25 AM
Unless GregTech has changed significantly since I gave up on it, I wouldn't say that GregTech is difficult. I mean, okay, if you rig up your wiring backwards or place machines outdoors, yes, you end up with a sizable hole where your base used to be, but there's not much "difficult" from a gameplay perspective in searching forums for which wire goes where, and putting together a 16-step long recipe. So, yeah, my suggestion is calling it "The Recipe That Doesn't End!" and playing the name out as over-the-top as possible, with sock puppets singing a certain song for the description. Forge equivalencies (Oredictionary entries) could be customized through MineTweaker, but adding specific ore types might require other stuff. Like, you could make it so dustIron and some-arbitrary-resource is needed to make a new dust that actually becomes Iron when smelted, but getting some-arbitrary-resource to drop is a different matter. (And, frankly? If I see one more JSON file this year, it'll be too soon.)

People tell me that Reika's mods, like ChromatiCraft and RotaryCraft, are a solid demonstration of long tech trees. I personally would find ThaumCraft in that group as well, and perhaps Botania, though that one keeps itself fairly tame.

In other challenge/grind news? Day 31 of TerraFirmaCraft. I have a Fishing Rod. Yes.

ShneekeyTheLost
2015-08-31, 10:29 AM
In other challenge/grind news? Day 31 of TerraFirmaCraft. I have a Fishing Rod. Yes.

Oohhh, now you have a source of meat!

Dairy is the hardest to get, though. The only source of dairy is from cows, which means you have to find at least one female cow in the world somewhere, although more would be better. Then you have to get said cow back to your base. And do the familiarization thing.

The trick is that cows only spawn in certain biomes and tend to be in colder climes than is generally preferred for actually living in. Which means you may need to go a significant distance north/south to find them. And protect them from all comers while you get them back.

Chickens are also an excellent source of meat because both eggs and chicks happen frequently. It's a steady renewable supply of meat. Pigs work too. The upside is that they give hides. The downside is that it takes longer for the pigsplosion and no feathers for your arrows (because bow and arrow is still the best weapon setup around).

Sheep are also found in colder climes and can be a pain to find if you spawned near the equator. And are needed for the wool to make string.

Triaxx
2015-08-31, 11:00 AM
Botania's isn't strictly long. It's actually all available at the start (Elven gateway info aside) it's just a matter of acquiring the resources to implement it. For all that it adds, it's possibly the most vanilla friendly mod I've ever played with. The progression is almost the same as you get in vanilla.

Ogremindes
2015-08-31, 06:10 PM
If hardcore people would rather have the one and only be large biomes I can delete it and do that. Just don't want to have so many worlds everywhere.

Having played on newhardcore long enough to have a base I'd be sad to see go away, I still think switching to Large Biomes is the way to go. I also think the call needs to be made ASAP either way.

enderlord99
2015-08-31, 07:21 PM
You know what sounds clever? A Minetweaker addon that lets you specify randomize recipe inputs (like Cray Crafting does with outputs) but only for recipes you actively set it (via Minetweaker script) to do so with, and only within parameters set in that script.

Anyone think they could make something like that? It isn't terribly important, but it would be nice...

Saposhiente
2015-08-31, 08:16 PM
Newhardcore has now been switched to large biomes.