PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Cleric: Entering Dweomerkeeper

Postmodernist
2015-04-25, 02:37 PM
Hello Playground,

Anyone know of a way to enter Dweomerkeeper WITHOUT the Magical Training feat, taking a level in an arcane casting class, or losing a caster level?

EDIT: To be more specific, how can one best satisfy the "arcane spellcasting prerequisite?

PseudoPanda
2015-04-25, 03:00 PM
There's Southern Magician from Races of Faerun and then there's also the Anyspell debate which I'm not going to touch but is bound to come up

Postmodernist
2015-04-25, 03:12 PM
Thanks. I'm familiar with the debates surrounding these feats and spells. I'm working on a build toward Dweomerkeeper, but feats have to be allowed only in Eberron or the assorted core + Completes. Nothing from outside campaigns is allowed.

A_S
2015-04-25, 03:51 PM
With those sources, unless it's ruled that Anyspell gets you in, I think you're stuck with losing caster levels. Worth noting that Wizard 1 with the bonus feat ACF and Abrupt Jaunt is a pretty value dip, though.

Devmaar
2015-04-25, 05:25 PM
With those sources, unless it's ruled that Anyspell gets you in, I think you're stuck with losing caster levels. Worth noting that Wizard 1 with the bonus feat ACF and Abrupt Jaunt is a pretty value dip, though.

Or Dread Necromancer to have rebuke undead as well as turn

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-25, 05:33 PM
The Spell domain gets you Anyspell, which allows you to prepare a 2nd level or lower arcane spell in your 3rd level domain slot. When you cast it, it's cast as an arcane spell, thus you're able to cast arcane spells:

When you cast the arcane spell, it
works just as though cast by a wizard
of your cleric level except that your
Wisdom score sets the save DC (if
applicable).

ShurikVch
2015-04-25, 06:31 PM
Note: Dragon #304

Firstly: there is a Changeling. (No, not the Eberron/MM3 Changeling.) This changeling can cast Guidance, Resistance, and Virtue 1/day as a 1st-level Sorcerer. (No, it's not a SLAs; it's spells - ASF apply) LA +0

Secondly: there is Sculpt Self feat.
Flame Focus allow you to cast Produce Fire (at-will), Wall of Fire and Fire Shield (1/day)
Wind Focus allow you to cast Wind Wall (1/day), Whispering Wind and Improved Invisibility (3/day)
No, it's not a SLAs, it's spells - as a Sorcerer

Anthrowhale
2015-04-25, 08:27 PM
The Spell domain

I'm in agreement here---why is there even a debate about the Spell domain approach? You can unambiguously cast arcane spells via Anyspell.

Postmodernist
2015-04-26, 12:39 PM
Thanks, guys. Looks like I'll be taking Spell and Magic domains.