PDA

View Full Version : Energy Missile

Galahad
2007-04-16, 06:54 PM
Is it possible to target a held item with the power Energy Missle? And if so, could you target someone and their held items with the same manifesting- say, a fighter, his weapon, and his shield? It can target up to 5 creatures or objects, and i dont recall it saying anywhere that this can't be done (though i realize that not saying it cant be done means it can).

I'm pretty sure it can be done with spells that require ranged touch attacks (which energy missile doesn't) but this is an auto-hit kinda thing (save for half) and that throws me a bit.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-16, 07:03 PM
Target: Up to five creatures or objects; no two targets can be more than 15 ft. apart.
Yes, you certainly may.

Black Mage
2007-04-16, 08:42 PM
And there goes the fighter.....again

*Starts making a psion*

Galahad
2007-04-16, 10:00 PM
Excellent.

The only problem i see with this now is that my party members will be mad that they cant sell off the enemies equipment after we've won a battle.

And now that brings up another question: Is there a lower level spell that would fix the equipment i break so we can sell it? (I would look this up myself but im away from my books atm.)

And thanks for the help. Its much appreciated.

Scribbler
2007-04-16, 10:42 PM
Remember, held items do get a save (their owner makes it for them with his modifier, unless they're magic items that have a better mod than he does). They also have hardness and half damage from energy, unless you use sonic. Not that you said they didn't, but just making sure.

To fix a destroyed item? I don't know of one.

Variable Arcana
2007-04-16, 11:23 PM
If the item is non-magical, then Make Whole is all the repair you'll ever need. For magic items -- you kill it, it's dead.