PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Beatrix Kiddo

thearchduke
2015-04-25, 06:59 PM
Kill Bill spoilers ahead, I guess

I re-watched the Kill Bill movies for some reason this week, and the Crazy 88 fight scene inspired me to try and do a quick build of Uma's character. What do you guys think? Here was my reasoning:

I’m going to go with a human Fighter since she is very tough and obviously has a lot of combat feats. For instance, Great Cleave would allow her to kill all those dudes in one round, as she does repeatedly. Weapon Focus: Katana seems likely too. She needs Power Attack and Cleave before she can get to Great Cleave, so she’s at least level… wow, a human Fighter can get there by level two. Let’s add in Weapon Specialization: Katana, so now we’re at level 4, with an unused feat. Now, I know this will weaken the overall build, but I’m going to throw in a one-level dip in Monk for plot reasons. Stunning Fist is a fairly obvious feat she needs to have at the end of Part 2, and she can’t get it as a Fighter until level 8.

So, now we’re at human Fighter 4/Monk 1 and we have an unused feat still. I’m also house-ruling that multiclassing doesn’t have an XP penalty, because duh. What else. Let’s add Improved Critical to unarmed strike, so now we need to be Fighter 8/Monk 1. That’s level 8’s bonus feat, which leaves us with the unused level feat, another unused level feat, and an unused bonus feat. We should be able to round out the character now. Perhaps Combat Reflexes (bonus feat), Diehard (level feat), and Endurance (level feat, prerequisite for Diehard).

And there you go. As for Part 2, I did my best. I have no idea how to recreate the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique except for more monk levels. But this build feels right.

Invader
2015-04-25, 07:22 PM
You can't get great cleave till 4th lvl.

I'm sure there a lot of ToB maneuvers that would work well for what you're trying to do but I'm not that familar with any outside of crusader.

thearchduke
2015-04-25, 07:31 PM
Alright, then the unused feat at 4th is that and we can drop Combat Reflexes...?

Red Fel
2015-04-25, 07:35 PM
I'm sure there a lot of ToB maneuvers that would work well for what you're trying to do but I'm not that familar with any outside of crusader.

This. Tiger Claw maneuvers are great for shredding multiple opponents at once, and Iron Heart has a few as well. Stone Dragon is perfect for smashing through a casket with your bare hands. Both Stone Dragon and Devoted Spirit can enable you to withstand outrageous abuse. And there are several save-or-die maneuvers. Shadow Hand, in particular, has the similarly-named Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike (also known as the Overly Long Anime Super Fun Name Attack) which deals 15d6 damage and, on a roll of 15-20, 2d6 Str, Dex, and Con damage. Yes, you can kill someone with the Con damage from this attack. Or the Con damage from Mountain Tombstone Strike. Or if they fail a save against Feral Death Blow (instant death).

Yeah. Why aren't you looking at ToB, exactly?

thearchduke
2015-04-25, 07:38 PM
This. Tiger Claw maneuvers are great for shredding multiple opponents at once, and Iron Heart has a few as well. Stone Dragon is perfect for smashing through a casket with your bare hands. Both Stone Dragon and Devoted Spirit can enable you to withstand outrageous abuse. And there are several save-or-die maneuvers. Shadow Hand, in particular, has the similarly-named Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike (also known as the Overly Long Anime Super Fun Name Attack) which deals 15d6 damage and, on a roll of 15-20, 2d6 Str, Dex, and Con damage. Yes, you can kill someone with the Con damage from this attack. Or the Con damage from Mountain Tombstone Strike. Or if they fail a save against Feral Death Blow (instant death).

Yeah. Why aren't you looking at ToB, exactly?

Mostly because I don't own it, and secondarily because I'm not actually trying to make a character sheet, just a sketch.

Thanks though! I'll have to look into that at some point. I was trying to go with core though, too.

Red Fel
2015-04-25, 07:44 PM
Mostly because I don't own it, and secondarily because I'm not actually trying to make a character sheet, just a sketch.

Thanks though! I'll have to look into that at some point. I was trying to go with core though, too.

Admittedly, it's really hard to make awesome melee with core. Functional, certainly, but not awesome. As you noticed, a lot of what you want to do - hitting multiple opponents, shredding through inanimate objects, etc. - requires heavy feat taxes. That's the great thing about ToB - maneuvers do these things and more, and you're still free to take feats on top of that. For example, if you're looking for something more Monk-oriented, the Swordsage gets a similar Wis-to-AC and other features. If you're looking for a smart fighter, the Warblade gets Int to a bunch of stuff, as well as several bonus feats. And the Crusader has a special delayed damage pool which increases its damage dealt, meaning that the more battered she gets, the harder she hits. You can really do a lot with ToB, and it does a generally superior job of modeling characters from various media.

If you manage to get your mitts on a copy, hold onto that bad boy. It's a keeper.