PDA

View Full Version : TV Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel coming to the BBC

Legato Endless
2015-04-26, 07:30 PM
The trailer is rather obnoxiously composed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE1nsOoTJos&spfreload=10), In the Hall of the Mountain King is both painfully stock and too obtrusive, but nitpicks about presentation aside, I'm rather hyped about this happening at all.

The film project was left to languish, but a seven part television adaption should prove much more fitting for a fantasy novel as dense as Strange is.

Benthesquid
2015-04-26, 08:51 PM
My mood: excited but nervous. Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel is a book I really love, but a big part of that is the narrative voice, and I'm not sure how well that can be captured in the medium of television. And that's even before we get to the footnotes!

BWR
2015-04-27, 12:12 AM
Color me skeptical. Getting the feeling right will be hard. I'm afraid they will focus a bit too much on the action and plot, and not enough on the atmosphere.

hamlet
2015-04-30, 09:30 AM
Not sure how I feel about it. I've been trying for the last couple weeks to like the book: like really hard. But I just cant' get excited about it.

The show looks interesting, but I'm just not sure about it.

Will probably watch at least one or two episodes to test the waters and go from there.