PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Designing class help?

LockePhilote
2015-04-26, 11:20 PM
Hey guys,

I'm making a character for a friend's 3.5 campaign, but no class really seems to fit her, and since homebrew is allowed, I'm thinking of making something custom for her. Before that, however, I wanted to see if anyone knew something that already fit the bill.

She's based pretty heavily on Lucina from FE: Awakening, with a bit of Owain and Severa in there from the same game.

Her mom dies early on, so she is raised by her father. He gives her a lot of martial training, but dies when she is about 18, leaving her with the battered family sword that is more than it seems.

Eventually, she is going to take levels in Battle Scion from Unearthed Arcana, but I have no idea what to do with her till then. She has some sword skills and some other adventuring skills, so a general adventuring class would do, but Rogue, Bard, or Factotum don't really fit her. I was thinking a Ranger rebuild that took out the spells and favored enemy... and animal companion... and tracking... might do it, but it wasn't worth the effort. A spellblade variant where the blade itself is the source of the magic could also do it, or something a bit more weapon focused then the Pathfinder Magus. Either a general adventuring class or a class that would give her a taste of the powers this blade holds before plot shenanigans unlocks its potential.

No idea what the sword does yet, need to talk that over with DM. This is going to be more politics and rp based than anything else, which is why I'm being so picky about this.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2015-04-26, 11:27 PM
Have you considered Duskblade? Good for magic/martial characters.

A Swordsage with Shadow Hand, Diamond Mind, and Desert Wind might also be worth considering. Not familiar with the characters you mentioned, but Swordsage is great for skilled martial characters with magical powers.

Demonic Kitten
2015-04-27, 03:07 AM
Well, if you need a general adventuring class, a while back I created a base class for 3.PF that is quite flexible, and could easily be built up to what you need using it Wanderer Arts.

Here's a link to The Wanderer. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?339983-On-the-road-again-%283-PF-Class-PEACH%29)

It's extremely flexible, and will let you have a little bit of spellcasting, but you can focus heavily on other aspects instead if you so choose. Base hit die, skillpoints, and saves are all variable, spellcasting is entirely optional, and it has lots of combat options (even letting you focus on either melee or ranged). It even has enough skill options to make him a bit of a political player if he so chooses.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your build!

Jormengand
2015-04-27, 09:56 AM
A spellblade variant where the blade itself is the source of the magic could also do it, or something a bit more weapon focused then the Pathfinder Magus.

You might try the disciple apparent (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?356108-Momentum-A-martial-class-project-%28WIP-PEACH%29) on for size.