PDA

View Full Version : Human Domain

Hatter
2015-04-27, 10:20 AM
So, I was thinking as Im trying to create a deity for my setting that I want a deity dedicated to Humanity. Now, deities of other races have domains that reflect their dedication to a specific race but I cant seem to find any for Humans.

Would anyone be willing to help me homebrew a Human Domain with its spells for a 3.5 game?

Ralcos
2015-04-27, 12:22 PM
Humanity domain

As a whole within the pantheon, Humans don't usually gain representation. There is always an exception, when a paragon of Man ascends to divinity and leads his kinsfolk to a golden age of either peace and prosperity and death and destruction for things non-human.

Note: You HAVE to be human in order to take this domain (whether as a Cleric or otherwise)

Granted Powers
As a divine follower of Humanity's goals, you are granted the ability to grant yourself, or any one Human ally within 30 feet of you, a bonus feat using a Move Action once per day. The feat chosen lasts for 1 minute, and can be any feat of any type, as long as you or the ally meets any requirements.

Domain Spells

Spell Level
Domain Spells

1st
Undetectable Alignment: Conceals alignment for 24 hours.

2nd
Enthrall: Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.

3rd
See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.

4th
Legend Lore: Lets you learn tales about a person, place, or thing.

5th
Heroism, Greater: Gives +4 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks; immunity to fear; temporary hp

6th
Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.

7th
Vision: As legend lore, but quicker and strenuous.

8th
Cure Critical Wounds, Mass: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.

9th
Miracle: Requests a deity’s intercession.

Here's my take on your idea of a Cleric Domain. You can use and modify as you wish.
Hopefully you like! :smallsmile:

Hatter
2015-04-27, 12:28 PM
You sir are amazing! I appreciate it!

Ralcos
2015-04-27, 12:32 PM
You sir are amazing! I appreciate it!

You're welcome!
I'm not sure about balance, so be sure to check with your DM? Just a suggestion.:smallcool:

Kazyan
2015-04-27, 04:49 PM
The domain power is inordinately powerful. Unlimited use gain-a-feat as a move action...that's Extra Turning if you're a DMM: Persistomancer, Open Minded to have 5 ranks in whatever skill is convenient at the moment if you're a skillmonkey, Extra Slot or Extra Spell if you're a spontaneous caster (which means you can just dial in whatever spell you want at a moment's notice), or, like, anything you need to be able to do right now. If it's 1/day, it's still very strong, but not utterly dominating.

Lord of Shadows
2015-04-27, 07:14 PM
The domain power is inordinately powerful. Unlimited use gain-a-feat as a move action...that's Extra Turning if you're a DMM: Persistomancer, Open Minded to have 5 ranks in whatever skill is convenient at the moment if you're a skillmonkey, Extra Slot or Extra Spell if you're a spontaneous caster (which means you can just dial in whatever spell you want at a moment's notice), or, like, anything you need to be able to do right now. If it's 1/day, it's still very strong, but not utterly dominating.

Agreed it is a bit strong. Perhaps only once/day, or reduce the duration to 1 round per level, or some other combination of uses and duration. Once per day is probably about right for this power. Everything else looks good.

Hatter
2015-04-27, 11:26 PM
Once a day. Sounds like a plan.