PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Fabricating the Tippyverse 1: What can I do with the fabricate spell?

jiriku
2015-04-27, 10:04 PM
Questions:
1) How can mass use of the fabricate spell be used to remake society?

Goal:
Weld a warring group of semi-nomadic desert tribes into a nation, conquer the continent, and create an enduring nation that will outlive my character.

Inspired by:
The Definitive Guide to the Tippyverse (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?222007-The-Definitive-Guide-to-the-Tippyverse-By-Emperor-Tippy)
Industrial Magic (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=6793)

We are playing under the 3.5 ruleset with some house rules. Theoretical optimization is explicitly permitted. Party is currently level 10.
Banned: infinite loops, auto-resetting spell traps, chain-gating of outsiders, manipulation of time trait in demiplanes.
Wizard guilds regulate the conjuring of powerful outsiders. Conjurations deemed dangerous or abusive may be closely monitored or forbidden. I need to play by their rules or at least not get caught breaking them.
Wealth that is not received from adventuring cannot be spent on equipping the party.
Magic gear can be purchased, but the supply is irregular and sometimes we must wait to have things custom-crafted for us.
9th level spells are not available for sale or as loot drops.

Personal skills:
My PC: a wizard 5/red wizard 5.
Diplomacy skill can be buffed to +21 (no actual ranks in Diplomacy).
Leadership: Minions include one 8th level wizard cohort and a farm of 1st level wizard followers, all with the Tattoo Focus feat.
Spells known include: wall of stone, fabricate, teleport, unseen crafter, and permanency
Personal Possessions:
10 million gp in raw wealth produced over the next game year through various non-adventuring methods.
16 dedicated wright homunculi
one quill of scribing
one tome of ancient lore relic. I am attuned to it. It is nerfed to allow spontaneous casting (rather than preparation) of the spell it grants.
one boccob's blessed book
Our base contains:
An allied PC's necropolitan bard cohort with a lyre of building.
The gate to a demiplane which I created via the genesis spell.
An energy transformation field linked to mordenkainen's lucubration.
Game world assets:
Owner of several businesses, including an international trading cartel, a publishing company with the world's only printing presses, and an arms manufacturer.
Junior-most master in a respected wizard guild.
Formal position as an arcane advisor to the most ruthless and underhanded of the desert clans.
Slight reputation as a diplomat and have build a positive relationship with a few dozen NPCs of modest to low influence

jiriku
2015-04-27, 10:06 PM
The industrial magic thread linked above really got me thinking about how I could use fabricate to change the world. Now, the thread author greatly over-estimated the amount of material that can be worked with the spell (he was only looking at spell range and ignored the limited volume that can be targeted), but I can cast fabricate effectively at-will by recharging spell slots with mordenkainen's lucubration at my base. What can I accomplish with that? I like the idea of using it for mining. I can teleport into dangerous areas, fabricate-mine expensive exotic materials like darkwood or adamantine, load them onto summoned minions, then teleport on out almost before any of the locals have a chance to notice that I'm there.

What else could I do with it?