PDA

View Full Version : What time zone is Giant on? Because if its NY...

Bel_Bel
2007-04-16, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Rich is on the New York time zone, which would make the comic late...

I could be wrong, but if it is, then when do you all expect the comic to be here by? Any warnings by Rich via a topic?

Tharivol123
2007-04-16, 11:12 PM
I'm the central time zone and it usually is up at around 11:30 my time. So, another 15 minutes or so

jindra34
2007-04-16, 11:13 PM
SHut up and wait... Complianing will not get the comic posted sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ettlesby
2007-04-16, 11:13 PM
I don't think it can really be technically considered 'late', yet, but if it does get late I'm pretty sure Rich would have a good reason. He always does. And he does typically give out a warning.

Imrahil
2007-04-16, 11:14 PM
Patience, young grasshopper. Every comic is a work of art, and you cannot rush these things.

Shadic
2007-04-16, 11:20 PM
Ignoring people acting foolishly above, The Giant usually tries to get the comic done around Midnight Eastern Time. Sometimes he's late, sometimes he's early. He seems to generally do the comic on the day that it is supposed to be up, so sometimes he cannot finish in time.

We shouldn't be so expectant of the guy anyways, it isn't like all he does is OotS anyways, and keeping a comic updated is harder than it seems.

Izodor
2007-04-16, 11:25 PM
Indeed, we should just wait. The comic will come as soon as possible.

GSFB
2007-04-16, 11:26 PM
Well, here in Oregon, it is about a half hour late. I guess I'd better ask for my money back. No, wait...

(hoping that sums up my view of complainers)

Jamie Fameflame
2007-04-16, 11:33 PM
We shouldn't be so expectant of the guy anyways, it isn't like all he does is OotS anyways...

- Yeah, but all we do is reading his comic :smallbiggrin:

Legendary
2007-04-16, 11:34 PM
Ah, it's this comic that makes me appreciate living in Alaska. *checks clock*

Good ol' 8:36 PM.

*brags a little more*

But seriously, just be patient. You'll have time to sneak a peek at work tomorrow if it doesn't come up tonight.

jindra34
2007-04-16, 11:35 PM

*brags a little more*

But seriously, just be patient. You'll have time to sneak a peek at work tomorrow if it doesn't come up tonight.

Fury... Pure fury... enough to make belkar look like a little fluff ball of niceness... Fury... Pure fury at you

Ralfarius
2007-04-16, 11:36 PM

*brags a little more*

If you had asked me, I wouldn't have figured there was much to brag about for living in Alaska... Proved me wrong!

maadneet
2007-04-16, 11:42 PM
I think the comic is still posted on Eastern Standard Time. Over here in Oregon the comics used to come at 9:00 but now they're coming at 10:00. Also, the difference between the board's time and my time has changed to be only 2 hours apart instead of 3.

So yeah, Eastern Standard Time with no adjustments for Daylight Savings (GMT -5, all the time).

JT
2007-04-16, 11:44 PM

My problem is that if I wait up so I can read it on "Monday" (even though it may technically be early Tuesday AM, I then get upset when I check it from work on Tuesday, and don't see another new strip.

All I ask is that there be a new strip up each and every time I look for one. Is that too much to ask? Is it? Really?

Seriously... it'll be posted when it's posted, and until the Giant makes this a pay per view site (please don't) we get more than we pay for.

Rocheforte
2007-04-16, 11:44 PM
Goozfrabah

Cryo
2007-04-16, 11:51 PM
Last few "late" updates have been doubles... *wishful thinking*

As for Giant posting about it, he usually doesn't warn when it's under an hour "late".

Bel_Bel
2007-04-16, 11:59 PM
I can't wait! The comic is just SO GOOOOOOOD!

I think I'm starting to go into OOTS comic withdrawal. I need my comic-update medicine!

Cure me! :smallbiggrin:

Shadic
2007-04-17, 12:13 AM
It's over an hour late now, I'm surprised that he hasn't posted something updating us about the status of the comic or anything by now, to be honest.

Whatever, I can wait.

Aimbot
2007-04-17, 12:15 AM
Usually if he doesn't post and it's late we get a double or triple.

Dare to dream.

jindra34
2007-04-17, 12:15 AM
I think we should request a copy of his clock on the forums so we can see how late he is by his clock... All in favor? any against?

Roland St. Jude
2007-04-17, 12:17 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't. Thanks.

Da Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1):

Inappropriate Topics
The following topics are always off-limits on these forums, no matter what (hence, Inappropriate Topics). Any posts including these topics will be edited, and any threads started to discuss these topics will be locked...

In addition, we include a few barred topics that are specific to these forums. These particular topics are barred as they have been found to be generally inflammatory and do not contribute anything useful to the forum as a whole.

Missed/Late Comics: Threads speculating on when a comic will be posted or why it may be late will be locked; this does not apply to official threads started by site staff providing notification of a late comic. This applies to both Order of the Stick and Erfworld.