PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 3e] Lance City (Group B)

Drakeburn
2015-04-28, 02:41 AM
Lance City Beta, Episode 1: Pilot Episode

It is a fine late afternoon in Lance City. Many of its citizens are calling it a day, and leave their workplaces to head home.
You can hear car horns blare during rush hour, impatiently waiting in a long river of cars.
You happen to find yourself at a street, where there is a cafe and several eateries on one side, and a local bank with some corporate towers on the other side.

What brings you to this spot at rush hour?

[ Link to OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?411872-M-amp-M-3e-Heroes-of-Lance-City-%28Group-B-ooc%29) ]

meltodowno
2015-04-28, 05:17 AM
Down on the ground level, as the people bustled about trying to get home for the night, Glitch sat atop the building, legs dangling down as he watched the baselines going about their business.

He knew he could never be one of them. Their lives, whilst precious, lacked meaning. They went about their day blinkered to the world around them - seeing the world through a TV screen.

Still, he kept his vigil watching the movement on the streets, and checking local breaking news on his mobile.

Smeggedoff
2015-04-28, 07:35 AM
Arriving with a louding buzzing noise, Dr. Kaiju thumps down on the rooftop, walking to the edge while making tired grumbling noises she swings a half-hearted kick at her teleporting colleague before plopping down on the edge and holding out a small cardboard tray of coffee cups and offering from a bag of warm doughnuts

meltodowno
2015-04-28, 07:51 AM
Glitch lifted his mask slightly and took a sip of coffee and a bite of doughnut.

"Thanks. You're looking bright and perky today - another long night in the lab?"

He kicked his feet impatiently.

"Not that you missed much, seems pretty quiet today - not even a bag snatch."

Disappointment was clear in his voice at the notion of their been no crime worth fighting.

Smeggedoff
2015-04-28, 07:59 AM
Kaiju begins pouring sugar packets into her coffee
"Yeah, still having problems with the *yawn* amino sequencing on number 7. And Rex's bandwidth is causing issues"
She rubs at her eyes and resumes pouring sugar

Drakeburn
2015-04-28, 10:42 AM
Nothing appears out of the ordinary so far, just an average rush hour. Cars pouring out of the parking garage on the bank's city block, finding themselves stuck in the slow traffic. The sidewalks are flooded with civilians trying to make their way home.

Leliel
2015-04-28, 12:04 PM
"If I recall correctly," says the even, measured voice of a certain unmasked doctor, "that's the one covering muscular lipids, yes? If you want, I can look over the sequence."

How Vaccine manages to remain unseen when he's not even trying is beyond most people. He's not a man who it seems would be easy to miss, what with being tall and relatively wide. He quietly splits his own donut into halves and stores one in a duffle bag before sipping from a thermos (tea, coffee was always a bit strong for him).

"Encountered nothing on the way here, either. There was an interesting mutation of a cold virus that entered my bloodstream, but nothing that causes any difference in symptoms, just the relative shape of the capsule."

Smeggedoff
2015-04-28, 12:30 PM
"No, I had to table that one. I'm working on visible spectrum manipulation. I tried using focusing lenses but couldn't get the minerals to form big enough crystals."
she sips her coffee
"It was 7 this morning before I realised that organic lenses solve themselves and I was overthinking it"

Rhyvurg
2015-04-28, 01:03 PM
Hovering several feet above the roof, Saint looks down at the crowds. "Am I the only one who remembers the cliches? This is how something monstrous and terrible gets unleashed on the city,and then I'll have to throw it into the sun or something."

meltodowno
2015-04-28, 01:08 PM
Glitch looked across to the other two.

"Well, I hope something happens soon, or I'm just going to go busting jay-walkers."

He disappeared from the lip of the building and reappeared 5ft back.

"Or maybe I'll go visit my fan club. I mean, his mothers basement is a bit damp, but she bakes excellent cookies for guests - and anything is preferable to been stuck in the middle of you two talking bioscience."

He laughed.

"I mean, this is the information age and you want to play with dinosaurs!"

Tapping his foot impatiently he checked his phone again for the news.

"Granted, even that is letting me down right now ... "

Smeggedoff
2015-04-28, 01:15 PM
Kaiju looks like she's about to say something then doesn't
Takes a sip of coffee before opening her mouth to close it again
Then sits for a a few seconds before blurting out
"ONE TIME!" she wails "One time! You unleash a fifty foot reptile in a residential neighbourhood and no-one lets you forget it"
she takes a large bite of doughnut and chews it angrily
"I bet if Jaeger built a giant robot people'd be fawning all over him" she mumbles

meltodowno
2015-04-28, 01:31 PM
Glitch turned his head slowly to regard Kaiju

"One time ? You know I can pull up your record on the internet?"

He pushed some buttons on his smartphone, and held it up showing a video of a 5 headed pterodactyl stealing horse from a ranch.

"I suppose you know nothing about the Terrordactyl down in new mexico last year? I guess you must have some competition down there?"

Laughing again, he continued.

"Don't get me wrong, no pair of scientists I'd rather have on side. And with the big guy" he nodded towards Saint "We got all bases covered. Now if only we weren't stuck here on stake out."

Smeggedoff
2015-04-28, 01:33 PM
Kaiju remains steadfastly silent, pondering how to make a monster that would survive the trip and subsequent exposure to the sun

Leliel
2015-04-28, 04:20 PM
"I agree. Already, things I could be doing at this precise moment are occurring to me. I've gone past altruism and into 'relapse and start scouting our own houses to scratch old raider itch.' Honestly, Saint, if something like that occurred, I could at least mark this down as 'not pointless.'"

Having finished his donut half, Vaccine begins to "shape" the air, imagining new microbes to craft. After a second, he snaps his fingers.

"Does anyone see any dead birds? I could make a scout to look for something...No, too unhygienic? Okay."

Rhyvurg
2015-04-28, 09:27 PM
"Well honestly I can't keep using the sun as our private disposal unit, it's... Okay, I can't think of a reason it's wrong, but it still is."

Smeggedoff
2015-04-29, 04:31 AM
"Cosmic littering?" Kaiju ventures "I mean, what if you miss?"

Rhyvurg
2015-04-29, 04:44 AM
"I'd settle for a stable orbit. If not...well, in this universe space is plentiful, mass is scarce, I imagine it would just go forever."

Leliel
2015-04-29, 12:24 PM
"Should make interesting meteors. Heh."

The actual humor of the situation probably isn't much funnier, but there was a certain unknown irony with Vaccine saying this.

Drakeburn
2015-04-29, 10:31 PM
Traffic is moving along, but with more cars adding to the roads, it is as if nothing has changed at all.

Through the noise of the blaring car horns, you can make out the faint sound of police sirens in the distance.

Rhyvurg
2015-04-29, 11:06 PM
Saint's head snaps around. "Sirens."

Smeggedoff
2015-04-30, 02:04 AM
Kaiju tilts her head but hears nothing but traffic
Sighing she climbs to her feet
"If you say so. Which Direction?" She inquires

While waiting for an answer she pulls what looks like a modified flare gun from her holster, loads it with a glowing cartridge, points it at the rooftop and fires, causing a glowing blob to coalesce into a rather large bee.

"Ok Zub, sit... stay... good bee"

Leliel
2015-04-30, 02:02 PM
Vaccine strains to hear:

[roll0]

Ah.

"I hear them too. Faintly, but in any case."

Vaccine's veins are already glowing even as he stuffs his thermos back in his pocket, taking out his gas mask.

Question: Is it possible to grow organs with explicitly weird traits? I'm thinking that since the Apollo colony can't make mass instantly disappear, Vaccine's attempted Variable use is to create a temporary set of organs to form a psionic "bubble" in which Flight is possible.

It also comes with the fact that he can't use his hands until he reabsorbs the alterations, since they need webbing to direct the energies properly. Not sure what Flaw that would be.

Also, I added 8, 6 for the bonus and 2 ranksa of Perception. Was that right?

meltodowno
2015-04-30, 02:35 PM
"Any idea on where ?"

Glitch didn't bother putting much effort in trying to listen out for the sirens, he knew his fellow freaks were better at it than he was. If he intended making any preparations he didn't show it.

Drakeburn
2015-05-01, 08:17 PM
The police sirens grow louder, getting closer.

Then suddenly, five motorcycles zoom by, maneuvering through the traffic swiftly. The riders are dressed in black with backpacks, with two people riding on one motorcycle among the other riders. Then several officers on police motorcycles arrive at the scene as the bikers dart away.

Leliel
2015-05-02, 12:28 AM
"Would it be rude to play Captain Obvious?"

Vaccine's finger's extend and develop webbing between them even as he points at the bikers. A phantasmagoric series of colors, not unlike an oil slick, ripples in the translucent skin flaps, which is quickly replicated by a group of other flashing lights around him.

3 points of the 15 granted by Biokinesis 3 for Flight 3 (Psionic Mass Reduction Field), with the Flaw Gliding.

meltodowno
2015-05-02, 04:33 AM
"See you there!"

With a whoosh of air, Glitch was gone and appeared down on the road ahead of the bikes on the ground. He raised a palm towards them and yelled at the top of his voice.

"Halt! Stand down! Cease and desist!"

If the bikes don't stop, Glitch will use a Multiattack Snare on all 5 bikes (not riders) as he teleports material around the wheels to stop them.

Dodge DC 15

Rhyvurg
2015-05-02, 08:54 AM
Saint quickly flies after the motorcycles, not trying to apprehend the men, but getting ahead of them and giving any cars in the way a gentle nudge to get them out of harm's way.

Smeggedoff
2015-05-02, 11:50 AM
With a series of whistles and click Kaiju relays a command to Zub causing him to latch onto her back and lift, pursuing the rest of the group

"Gah! Up! UP! Now Left. Left! you stupid arthropod! I am your creator, do as I command before I trade you for a jetpack!"

Drakeburn
2015-05-03, 05:23 PM
All but two of the bikers manage to dodge Glitch's trap and zoom away.

"Hey, what gives?!" One of them yelled angrily.

The three bikers, stopped in their tracks, start pulling out their weapons.

[ Roll for initiative (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?411870-Lance-City-Dice-Rolls-%28Group-B%29&p=19200876#post19200876)! ]

Rhyvurg
2015-05-06, 12:57 AM
Saint hovers over the bikers, shaking his head. "Crime doesn't pay, boys. But you'll have plenty of time to think it over. You just need to...chill out." He inhales, then hits them with a blast of super-cold air.

Leaving a rank in Flight, dumping the rest into Affliction, Str check DC 18 or be paralyzed.