PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Diachronos
2015-04-28, 11:41 AM
Korvosa, the Jewel of Varisia, has long sparkled on Varisia’s southern shore. Established 300 years ago by Cheliax at the height of that empire’s expansion, the city now commands its own destiny. A line of Korvosan kings and queens emerged to rule the city, establishing an infamous seat power—the Crimson Throne. Rulers have sat upon the Crimson Throne for more than a century, and the city has flourished. Yet the monarchy always seems on the brink of disaster. The Crimson Throne is not a prize to be won—it is a curse. No monarch of Korvosa has died of old age, and none have produced an heir while ruling. Even though King Eodred II controls Korvosa more fully than any previous monarch, that control remains tenuous, and many secretly count the days until their latest king falls to what they call the Curse of the Crimson Throne.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Among the villains that call Korvosa home, few are as vile as the crime lord known as Gaedren Lamm. While past his prime, the old man continues to evade the Korvosan Guard, all while maintaining a tight control over his ring of pickpockets known locally as "Gaedren's Little Lambs" - orphans and street urchins turned to a life of crime and made to pilfer whatever valuables they can find.

Of the many people wronged by Gaedren, five of them awaken one day to find a strange sign nearby: a Harrow card, which seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
The cleric Tor, whose wife was killed by one of Gaedren's thugs, finds The Carnival atop the altar of Gorum that he prays at.
The elven wizard Amavin, who was kicked out of the Academae after being framed for murder by Gaedren, finds The Joke tucked into her spellbook.
The Shoanti investigator Garidan Clever-Eyes, who had been forced to fight a shiver addiction due to Gaedren's black market sales, finds The Foreign Trader tucked into his formula book.
The Shoanti bloodrager Nahkon Rock-Breaker, whose nephew was abducted by Gaedren's men, finds The Bear atop his bags.
The Varisian swashbuckler Mirala, whose friend nearly died from shiver abuse, finds The Juggler wrapped in a fold of her scarf.

As different as the cards and their recipients may be, they all bear the same message:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Drekkle
2015-04-28, 03:38 PM
Nahkon picks up the curious sign, turning it over in his hands to see if there is any more information that he can glean from it. 'The Bear...', he wonders, looking at the small painted image on the harrow card. 'Strong, and a protector of it's cubs, perhaps?'

[roll0]

With the card still in his hands, he knocks on the door adjactent to his room, intending to show the mysterious card to his companion.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-04-28, 04:20 PM
Mirala awakens in the small servant's room of the inn she works in as a guard. She stands up and looks back to check on her friend, Avani, who stirs fitfully in her sleep before settling again. Avani was pale and covered in sweat, though she was a sight better than when Mirala had carried her through the door four days prior.

The Varisian woman gave a sigh as she walked over to the washbasin, splashing water in her face and letting it drip down her shoulders and back. She scooped up a cloth, soaked it, and moved back over the bed, placing it on Avani's brow. A tender smile touched her lips briefly before she moved away once more to get dressed.

It was then that she found it. Unfurling her kapenia much as she did every morning before donning it, Mira saw the painted Harrow card flutter to the floor. A hand darted to her rapier, resting against the nearby wall, and she had blade drawn and pointing around the room in a flash. No attack came, and a quick examination of under the bed told her that no devils were waiting to leap out from cover. She was not convinced of their safety however.

"How in the hells did they get this in here?" She thought as she bent down to inspect the card. "The Juggler? Damn, I wish I knew what they all meant."

After reading the message she clenched her fist tightly. A surprise benefactor? Allies seeking justice? It seemed to good to be true, and in Mira's experience it usually was.

"Still... it's worth a look." the swashbuckler thought, looking back at her friend.

It was decided then, and Mirala finished getting ready. Locking the door behind her, she moved through the common area of the inn, and called out to the innkeeper.

"I'm heading out today, give my meals to Avani please. I've locked the door so nobody tries to rob her in her sleep." That last part was phrased like a joke though she meant it in truth, the innkeeper had been a good boss, and a good landlord as well to the two Varisian girls, so she trusted him to keep an eye out.

With that all said and done, Mirala hit the street, she had most of the day to prepare, and she was going to be certain she cased the place before arriving on time for a meetup.

CandyLaser
2015-04-28, 05:50 PM
The harrow card fell out of Garidan's formula book as he examined it in the morning, while he was preparing his extracts. It was unexpected, to say the least. He picked it up off the floor and eyed it suspiciously. "A curious message, and a curious mystery," he says to himself. He wanted to know who put this card here, and how they got to him without his noticing. The easiest way to find that out was to show up at the appointed time and place. It seemed wise to show up early, in fact, to scout out the place in case this was a ploy from Gaedren or his underlings.

That's when the knock came on his door. Garidan glanced through a crack and saw Nahkon there, holding a card of his own. He opened the door and help up his own card. "Be welcome, cousin. I see you too have had a visitor. We should go before sunset - if we find an ally against Gaedren there, all will be well. If not, arriving early may keep us safe."

Drekkle
2015-04-28, 06:46 PM
Nahkon nods in agreement, slipping the card into a pouch on his belt for safekeeping. "I hope we are approaching an end to this hunt, cousin. The sooner we find that criminal, the better it will be for everyone," he states, before returning to his room to gather his things.

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-29, 01:50 AM
Amavin

Amavin awakes in her room at the inn she has selected for the night. A different inn every night helped her feel safer given the dangerous man she hunted and the footpads whom she naturally assumed hunted her in return. She picked up her spell book to peruse the spells she would study for the day. Her eyes widened as she saw the Joke from a harrow deck marking the page of the Vanish spell she memorized every day. It seems I have failed to evade notice. I need to be more careful. Frightened by what this could imply she looked the card over carefully. Reading the message she carefully considered how to proceed.

She left the inn and found another to hole up in for the morning. She was as careful as she could be not to be followed this time. She spent the rest of the morning studying her spell book before gathering her things once more and setting out. She scouted out Lancet street for hours before settling on a hiding spot. She would keep an eye on this address, looking for suspicious activity. She would especially monitor who came to or left the house.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-04-29, 03:22 PM
For all her caution, Mirala was not the most subtle of individuals. In her line of work, being unnoticeable was not an option, so when she arrived on Lancet street a couple hours early, she was not shy about her interest in the building.

Her thoughts were muddled as she inspected the building, and she often glanced about to see if others would appear. After a slow, languid search of the house perimeter, Mirala moved to lean against a wall across the street, arms folding beneath her breasts as she waited for the allotted time to come. She held up the Juggler again, inspecting the card for not the first time today.

"I wonder just who I'm dealing with here..." she muses, eyes scanning the street for interesting people.

Rolling two checks!
Knowledge Local to recall any vigilantes or criminals that use harrow cards as a signature: [roll0]
Perception to spot anyone suspicious or in hiding: [roll1]

Diachronos
2015-04-29, 05:24 PM
Mirala knows that Harrow decks are primarily used as a fortune telling method among Varisians, though she doesn't know of any groups or individuals who use them to signify their presence. She and Amavin don't see anybody coming in or out of the building as they stake the place out, though they do catch notice of one another.

Smileybastard
2015-04-29, 07:42 PM
Tor

Tor picks up the card and read the message. "Hmm." He looks around the temple. The carnival ... a game? A joke? It doesn't matter. There is not doubt I am going. No matter if it is a game, I will go and see. One way or another, someone would learn the error of their ways.

Just before sunset Tor heads to the address on the card.

Diachronos
2015-04-29, 07:46 PM
Around sunset, Mirala and Amavin find three others approaching the building. During the whole time, nobody has come or gone that they saw, and two of the men who show up came together.

CandyLaser
2015-04-29, 07:59 PM
Garidan gave the others a good long stare. He wasn't surprised to find other people here; the only question was whether they were potential allies in the hunt for Gaedren or some of his hirelings. He noted the Varisian woman's rapier and came to a halt outside of the range of a long lunge, then scanned the surroundings as well. He trusted Nahkon to have his back; the others were shklar, and needed to earn his trust.

Perception: 1d20+5

Mr. Turniphead
2015-04-29, 08:22 PM
A brief glimpse of dark hair was all Mira saw of Amavin before the clever elf flitted from view again. The Varisian was comfortable with that arrangement however, and continued her vigil.

As sunset began, she noticed the trio approaching, though her attention was mostly focused on the two companions.

"Shoanti?" she thought as the pair approached, "BIG Shoanti! This could be bad." Her expression betrayed nothing of her unease as the first of the men stopped a few paces shy.

"Nice sunset, isn't it?" she said, her voice holding a tinge of amusement as she pushed herself off the wall, and stood, hand resting casually on her rapier hilt. "What brings you fine gentlemen to this part of town?"

Drekkle
2015-04-29, 08:24 PM
Nahkon stops besides his cousin. As his cousin keeps an eye out for any wrongdoing, he nods in response to the inquiry from the Varisian woman. "It is. We were called here," he states, holding up his Harrow Card. "I am Nahkon, and this is Garidan. You aren't the one who gathered us here today, then?"

Smileybastard
2015-04-29, 10:16 PM
Tor

Tor walks towards the others, saying nothing, but listening and looking. He is a little out of place in the midst of the city in his scale armor and greatsword.

Perception [roll0]
Sense motive [roll1] to see if any are being dishonest.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-04-29, 10:30 PM
Mirala spares a glance for Tor as the armored man approaches the group, though she quickly returns her attention to the Shoanti man when he pulls out the harrow card.

"I am not the one who called us here," she says, pulling out her own card and holding it up for him to see. "You can call me Mira, it looks like we may have something in common."

The swordswoman tucks away the card once more, taking a half step forward and extending a hand to them.

CandyLaser
2015-04-29, 11:12 PM
Garidan relaxes slightly, and takes note of the cards that have been shown so far. While he doesn't take Mira's hand, he does acknowledge the gesture with a curt nod. He reveals his own card, as well. "I suspect that whoever sent us these cards chose the ones they chose for a reason."

Drekkle
2015-04-30, 12:21 AM
Nahkon matches Mira's step, taking her hand in his. Though his hand dwarfs her's, he notices she has the firm grasp of a warrior, giving the varisian woman a wide grin of approval. "And who else has our mysterious guide brought to aid us in bringing Gaedren to justice?" He asks, turning towards the armored human.

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-30, 04:35 AM
Amavin

The petite elf approaches cautiously, doing her best to appear as a typical lowborn messenger. "Don't mind me folks, just here to deliver some parcels."

Smileybastard
2015-04-30, 05:59 AM
Tor

Tor looks at the assembled group. "It looks like this group was not random anyway. My name is Tor."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-04-30, 06:33 AM
A wolfish grin quirks Mirala's lips as Nahkon shakes her hand, craning her neck to look up at the larger men. She nods in agreement with the other Shoanti.

"My harrow deck is a little rusty, but I remember what some of them mean," she says casually. "Good to meet you, Tor." A friendly nod of the head to the armored man.

"Cayden's trousers, everyone is so tall..." She thinks, ruefully. Though when Amavin reveals herself, she smiles all the wider, suspecting that she is the one she saw earlier. She says nothing on the subject, content to let the elf decide when she was comfortable enough to reveal herself.

Gamblerjoe
2015-04-30, 08:50 PM
Amavin

Amavin turns to the swarthy looking human and greets her with a warm smile. "I believe my grandpappy knew about harrow decks. It seemed fairly interesting. I wouldn't mind learning more."

Smileybastard
2015-04-30, 09:44 PM
Tor

"I am more interested in who sent us those cards. Do they all relate to Gaedren Lamm or is each something unique to us?"

CandyLaser
2015-04-30, 10:13 PM
"We may find answers to both questions if we go in. Unless one of you knows more than you're telling, the best way for us to learn the truth is to seek our mysterious patron."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-04-30, 11:59 PM
The Varisian woman shrugs her shoulders before replying,"If you all like, I can have a look at them later. It's been a while since I was told all the meanings, but I remember that mine has something to do with fate." She releases the Shoanti's hand.

"I agree, let's go inside and see what there is to see, mm?" With that, she moves to stand next to Amavin, resting her hand on the hilt of her rapier once more.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-01, 12:14 AM
Amavin

"I suppose these parcels aren't going to deliver themselves." Amavin always was a bad liar.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-01, 12:21 AM
Mira grins, "Just stay close to me if it's a trap."

Drekkle
2015-05-01, 02:44 AM
"If this is a trap, I have a feeling that whoever set it will be getting more than they bargained for."Nahkon says with a grin, turning to the door, knocking first before he tries the handle.

Diachronos
2015-05-02, 06:54 PM
The door opens without trouble, and everyone enters the building.

The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table. A small stone paperweight rests on the table, under which is a note that reads:
Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you.

Aside from the note, there is no sign of anybody being present in the dwelling.

Smileybastard
2015-05-02, 07:16 PM
Tor

Tor looks around the room, pulls out his great sword leans it against the table beside him as he sits with his back against the wall, facing the door.

Perception [roll0]

CandyLaser
2015-05-02, 08:54 PM
Garidan prowled around the room, taking in the decor and looking for any hiding spots and glancing behind the tapestries. He gave his cousin a look, silently indicating that he should be on guard. After looking at the note, he pulled the basket out from under the table and held it up to his face. He took a deep breath, breathing in its scent, and then let it fall down on the table. "Don't trust it," he said. "Had too much poison from city people already."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-02, 11:14 PM
Amavin

Amavin remains silent, studying her surroundings. She abstains from enjoying any of the food or drink. She paces around the room searching for anything that might be amiss. She did not like where she was and was not sure if she could trust any of the people involved, but if she was ever going to get her revenge she was going to have to take some risks.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-03, 01:18 AM
Mirala files in with the others, taking a moment to inspect the room. "Reminds me of a soothsayer's room." she thinks, reading the message on the table.

The Varisian took a moment to consider the offer of refreshments, noting that none of the others so far were partaking, before pulling out a portion for herself. She hadn't eaten in some time after all, and she figured that if they were trying to poison them, that this would be an unwise way to go about it.

She settles herself in a chair near the juggling tapestry, careful to let her rapier rest comfortably. She takes a bite of the bread, chewing thoughtfully.

"We'll see if I collapse I suppose. Though if I were gonna poison us, I'd use the incense."

Diachronos
2015-05-03, 01:59 AM
The bread tastes a little stale, but nothing else appears to be wrong with it.

Drekkle
2015-05-03, 04:22 PM
Nahkon snorts as he takes a seat. "You worry too much, cousin. I'll not live my life in fear of a loaf of bread just because of one liverspotted snake." He declares, taking a piece of bread from the basket to eat.

After swallowing a bite of the bread, he slaps his hand on his thigh. "So," he begins, "From the message, we were each chosen because we were wronged by Gaedren. Let us share these grievances to affirm our dedication. My nephew was taken by that monster. Whether he lives or not, I do not know, but I will find the truth, and have Gaedren's head."

Smileybastard
2015-05-03, 04:30 PM
Tor

Tor looks at Nahkon. "Up until now I was uncertain that our notes were all about Gaedren."

Tor pauses. "Gaedren killed my girlfriend Maria and for that he will die."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-03, 09:19 PM
Amavin

"Gaedron got me kicked out of the Acadamae. If that isn't enough to make him pay, he is a murderer twice over that I know of personally. Many more times that I don't know of to be sure."

CandyLaser
2015-05-03, 09:39 PM
"Nahkon's nephew is reason enough for me to be here. But I have further cause; the same vile substances that claimed Nahkon's nephew nearly killed me as well. I'll have Gaedren's head."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-04, 01:22 AM
Mirala nods at Garidan, "He almost took the only family I have left with Shiver. You all want him dead? I'm in."

Diachronos
2015-05-05, 04:03 AM
As everyone discusses their own reasons for wanting Gaedren Lamm dead, the door opens, and an attractive middle-aged Varisian woman with long, dark hair enters. She smiles warmly at them all and produces a Harrow deck from her pocket; the cards seem to dance in her hands as she idly shuffles the deck. With a nod of her head, she gestures for the party to have a seat at the table while she takes the seat at the table's head.

"I must thank you all for coming, and for putting up with my unconventional means of contacting you. My name is Zellara, and as you know from the message I sent, I have been wronged by Gaedren Lamm as well. First, however, I believe we should make our introductions so that we're not going to be working with complete strangers."

CandyLaser
2015-05-05, 07:30 AM
Garidan smiled a thin little smile. "We have already been doing just that. You must know us, as you sent us the cards." As an aside, he added, "I'd like to know how you knew us, and how you sent us the cards, by the way." Then he returned to the main thread. "But as you ask, I will introduce myself once more. I am Garidan."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-05, 03:42 PM
Amavin

"My name is Amavin. I studied at the Acadamae until Gaedron got me kicked out. The only reason I don't return home to resume studying the art is to stay here and make Gaedron pay."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-05, 05:25 PM
"Yes, I would like very much to know how you got into my room without me noticing. I am Mirala. I'm pleased to see you're Varisian at least." She gives a slight nod, her arms crossing.

Smileybastard
2015-05-05, 09:01 PM
Tor

"My name is Tor. I was a member of a mercenary company that mostly provided security for house Naxal. I am a priest of Gorum."

Diachronos
2015-05-07, 12:11 PM
Zellara nods at each of them. "I know that each of you have had your lives turned upside-down by Gaedren's crimes. The same has happened to me, as you know from my message." She stops shuffling the deck, and a sad look crosses her face. "You see, one of Gaedren's pickpockets stole this deck from me. While it may seem like a small loss, this Harrow deck is both a family heirloom and my sole source of income. My son, Eric, went to retrieve the deck, and..." She sniffs and wipes her eyes. "He got it back, but not long after that he met his end at the hands of Gaedren's thugs."

The woman is quiet for a moment before continuing. "I've gone to the guards for help, but despite their assurance of aid Gaedren continues to remain one step ahead of them. I've managed to locate his current lair, but I don't have a way to strike at him myself. I can't turn to the guards, as Gaedren will be gone by the time they can organize to storm the place. That is why I chose your five; you have personal reasons for wanting Gaedren dealt with, and I trust that you are more capable at pursuing him than the Korvosan guards. I will admit this now, I have little to offer you in exchange for your aid... but justice must be served, and I believe it would be served better by those who have been wronged by Gaedren than by the city guard. Can I count on you for your aid in this matter?"

CandyLaser
2015-05-07, 01:31 PM
Garidan was skeptical, naturally. This could still be a trap. But it seemed increasingly less likely as Zellara told her sad story. He examined her intently, looking for tics and tells that might suggest that she was anything less than honest. If she was telling the truth, then this could be the opportunity he had been waiting for. The hunt that had consumed Nahkon and him could be over.

Sense Motive, and I'm going to use inspiration as well. Sense Motive: [roll0] and inspiration adds an extra [roll1].

Diachronos
2015-05-07, 01:35 PM
Zellara isn't telling you everything about what happened with her own experiences with Gaedren, but aside from that she is being perfectly honest about wanting the party's help and about wanting Gaedren dealt with.

Drekkle
2015-05-07, 04:23 PM
Narkon nods, his expression determined. "I would fight until our skulls are gathered against Gaedren, if it must come to that. Tell us where he hides, and I will send him to his grave."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-07, 10:04 PM
Amavin

"You speak of a lack of compensation but finding and punishing Gaedron is the only thing keeping me in this corrupt city. I have been seeking out like minded individuals for some time now and suddenly 5 fall in my lap. Im still wondering what the catch is."

Smileybastard
2015-05-07, 11:38 PM
Tor

"I expect no payment, only to cut him down as he deserves."

Sense Motive [roll0]

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-07, 11:54 PM
Mira pauses, looking at each of the others in turn as they speak up. "Now this..." she says, waving a finger, "This is something that I like to see. I am in, sister, and the only end there'll be is that old bastard's."

CandyLaser
2015-05-08, 12:11 AM
"I stand with all of you. Gaedren will see his enterprises brought low and his life ended."

Diachronos
2015-05-08, 08:19 AM
Zellara smiles at their responses before turning to Amavin. "I assure you, there is no catch. You all have expressed interest in how I was able to deliver my message undetected, surely you've realized by now that if I meant any ill will toward you I had a perfect chance to harm you when I left the cards in your belongings."

She turns to address the group as a whole. "Gaedren is currently using an old fishery at Westpier 17 as his base of operations. It's there that he trains the young orphans he uses as his pickpockets, as well as where he stores the treasures that his minions have stolen. My only desire is for Gaedren's death, so any valuables you acquire are yours to keep or dispose of."

She holds out her deck. "I have little else to offer in the way of help, but if you would like I can perform a Harrow reading for your group. Free of charge, of course."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-08, 11:13 PM
Amavin

Amavin pulls the joke from her spell book. "If you are to perform a reading, I'm guessing you're short 5 cards."

CandyLaser
2015-05-08, 11:17 PM
Garidan, likewise, returns his card - the foreign trader.

Drekkle
2015-05-09, 03:50 AM
Nahkon tosses his onto the table as well, the snarling visage of the bear on it's painted surface.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-09, 04:32 AM
Mirala in turn hands over the Juggler as well.

Smileybastard
2015-05-09, 06:34 AM
Tor

Tor follows suit and places his card on the table and looks around at the others. "I am ready to move against him, but if the others wish a reading then so be it."

Diachronos
2015-05-09, 07:53 AM
Zellara takes the cards back and spends a few moments selecting nine cards from the deck. "Harrow readings normally don't take very long, so you won't be held up too much." She holds out the nine cards to the party, face-down. "First is the choosing. If the card you select comes up in the spread, it plays a more important role."

Either here or in the OOC, do a 1d9 tag to select your card. Ideally two or three, just in case somebody comes up with the same number as you.

Smileybastard
2015-05-09, 10:19 AM
Tor

Tor takes a card

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

CandyLaser
2015-05-09, 12:23 PM
Garidan points to the first card that she lays out.

Drekkle
2015-05-09, 05:07 PM
Nahkon selects a card from the choosing.

First Choice:
Second Choice: [roll1]
Third Choice: [roll]1d9
Fourth Choice: [roll2]
Fifth Choice: [roll3]

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-09, 06:46 PM
"A good harrow reading can be very important." Mira says, a slight grin on her lips as she selects her card.

[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-11, 02:18 PM
Amavin

"This should be interesting." Amavin chooses her card.[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Diachronos
2015-05-11, 09:36 PM
After everyone draws their card, Zellara goes around the table one-by-one and turns their card over.

In front of Tor is... "The Cricket. Supposed to represent speed and quick passage on a journey, and the peach beside him is meant to represent a treasure at the journey's end."

In front of Garidan is... "The Locksmith. Presenting someone with the keys to unlock their destiny."

In front of Nahkon is... "The Juggler. Representing fate or those who play with the lives and destinies of others. Keeping his rhythm will allow him to achieve his goals."

In front of Mira is... "The Peacock. Representing a sudden shift in one's life, whether societal or their attitude."

In front of Amavin is... "The Demon's Lantern. A card of traps and tricks, and representing an impossible or intractable situation."

After reading off everyone's card, she shuffles them back into the deck and draws nine more cards, placing them into a three-by-three arrangement.

"Let's start with the good in the past..." She flips over the top-left card. "The Twin. Duality of purpose or identity, but it could also mean indecision or divided loyalties. This reading is... a bit unusual. There might be some hidden meaning to what we see here." She takes a deep breath and continues.
"Now the neutrality of the past..." The middle-left card. "The Uprising. Being caught in the clutches of something much stronger than yourself. Whatever the Harrow is speaking of, it is more powerful than you are now."
"Now the darkness of the past..." The bottom-left. "The Idiot. Grave foolishness and greed, harming those who encounter the one who partakes in bribery, blackmail, or even those who are simply naive."

She moves on to the middle column, starting at the top. "Now let's see about the good in the present... The Tyrant. Representing a ruler whose rule is a blight to those they oversee, though the ruler could be anyone from a monarch to an overseer of labor. In this position, however, it can represent a tyrant being revealed or overthrown."
The next card is the middle of the set. "The neutrality of the present is represented by... The Carnival. Embodying illusions and false dreams, though it could also signify imprudent plans or unrealistic ambitions."
The bottom-middle card is next. "And now the evil in the present... The Teamster. A driving force, physical or mental, that forces one to keep moving at all costs."

"And finally, we look to the future, starting with the good." She flips over the top-right card. "Ah, the Demon's Lantern. Normally it means an impossible task, but when aligned like this it means that an opportunity or a guide will appear to lead you on the correct path."
"The neutrality of the present is signified by..." She flips the middle-right card. "The Vision, signifying arcane knowledge. It could be in the form of cryptic passages or madness."
"And finally... the darkness on your road ahead." With some hesitation, she flips the last card, a shocked look coming across her face at what was flipped over. "The Snakebite... a weapon coated in poison, though the poison could be of the mind just as easily as of the body. The poison on the blade represents the deaths of ideas and freedom, as well as the ability to turn friends against one another or to poison the minds of the virtuous." She looks at the party. "This card is bad enough on its own, but when aligned like this... I fear you may have a much more sinister force ahead of you than any of us realize. My apologies if this is unsettling news, but at least now you know that a darkness greater than Gaedren Lamm may be waiting on the horizon."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-12, 02:41 AM
Amavin

The elven female studies Zellara as she flips the cards, only occasionally glancing at the cards themselves. She hangs on every word, feeling a deep sense of foreboding at every card meant to signify darkness. She looks slightly pleased to see her "demon's lantern" in the spot of the good of the future. Any challenge to her intellect and cunning will be meat with the gravity it deserves. "The road ahead does not appear to be easy but I have the utmost confidence. The harrow deck is a powerful tool, if we heed its warnings."

Drekkle
2015-05-12, 06:05 PM
Nahkon listens to the reading a look of silent concentration on his face, nodding once she has finished. "Thank you for your fortunes. Though the spirits are often cryptic, whispers of the future are of great aid. Still, dwelling on them does us no good. Thanks to you, we now know where Gaedren dwells. I say we make for his den now slay him before he gets word of us and slips away to another hiding spot." Nahkon says, looking to the others for agreement.

Smileybastard
2015-05-12, 06:11 PM
Tor

Tor seems to not have paid much heed to the reading and now rises and picks up his sword. "I agree. Let us take battle to him now."

CandyLaser
2015-05-12, 06:53 PM
Garidan was a bit skeptical of the significance of the harrow reading. It wasn't that he doubted the effectiveness of the method. Rather, he thought that the results, such as they were, were too vague to be of much use. No doubt it would be clear in retrospect what Zellara's portentous sayings meant, but right now...

Right now he cared about getting Gaedren. "I agree as well - but we are not well-served by rushing in like fools. We should go, and see what can be seen, before we strike."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-13, 02:07 AM
Amavin

Amavin nods at Garidan. "I think if we are to succeed we should first set up a base of operations. Our second step should be to scout out this hideout of Gaedron's, keep tabs on his little Lamms and such. I volunteer myself for the latter. If anyone has any means to earn a little extra coin that would help as well."

Amavin thinks briefly on what the deck has revealed. "What concerns me most at the moment is that middle card. According to Zellara the carnival in that position can represent imprudent plans or unrealistic ambitions."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-13, 02:13 AM
"Thank you, sister, for the reading. I hope whatever we face won't be as bad as they say..." Rising to her feet, Mirala gives a nod to the others, belting her rapier back on.

"I agree, we need to be smart about this, so let's go have a look at this damn hideout."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-13, 02:18 AM
Amavin

"If we all go together we could wind up drawing attention. At the moment Gaedron doesn't know who we are or that we are after him. Once we cross that threshold I'm afraid there will be no changing it back."

Smileybastard
2015-05-13, 04:26 AM
Tor

Tor looks stunned at the suggestions of delays. "A base of operations? He is there now and may not be there by the time we set things up. I agree we should scout before we barge in, but we need to be ready to rush in if we are spotted as well, and we must realize that the location may not be able to be scouted to any significant degree.
We can not risk missing him or he will vanish and we will lose all surprise and maybe him as well. I have been hunting him for some time and he is elusive. I am a military man of action and action is called for. We gather what we need if it is not on us. We go there and do a rough scout of the area with prearranged signals in case of detection and then we assault the location and kill the bastard, before he knows what is going on."

Drekkle
2015-05-13, 03:12 PM
"I am in agreement with Tor. Now is not the time for too much caution. We have all that we need to take him down; our conviction, and allies at our side. To not seize this chance while we can, to delay and plan would be foolish." Nahkon says, rising from his seat. "I have all that I need to face Gaedren, and my blood ignites with the chance to put a sword through his belly. The only delays I will accept are to gather weapons and to do a quick scout of where he is."

CandyLaser
2015-05-13, 04:08 PM
Garidan puts a calming hand on Nahkon's shoulder. "Remember, cousin, that the patient hunter is ultimately the successful hunter. If you make too much noise you'll scare off the prey. I urge you not to let your passion entrap you. We shall go find Gaedren, and slay him, and we shall do it this night. All I advise is that we be cautious, and see what can be seen of his hideout before we rush in."

Smileybastard
2015-05-13, 05:18 PM
Tor

Garidan puts a calming hand on Nahkon's shoulder. "Remember, cousin, that the patient hunter is ultimately the successful hunter. If you make too much noise you'll scare off the prey. I urge you not to let your passion entrap you. We shall go find Gaedren, and slay him, and we shall do it this night. All I advise is that we be cautious, and see what can be seen of his hideout before we rush in."

"And no one has suggested we not be cautious. I said scout and Nahkon agreed with me so it seems we are in agreement, let's not argue when there is no argument."

He looks at each of them in turn. "Are we all committed to this task? Does anyone need to acquire something before we need to Gaedren's rat hole?"

Diachronos
2015-05-14, 07:15 PM
Zellara closes her eyes for a moment before nodding. "From what I've seen of his activities when I investigated the place myself, it does not appear that going tonight would be a bad idea. His thugs may pose a challenge, but Gaedren himself has been seen entering recently, so it is likely that he is there as well."

CandyLaser
2015-05-14, 07:44 PM
"Do you know anything about his thugs or other underlings?"

Smileybastard
2015-05-14, 07:47 PM
Tor

"I am betting they bleed and die if they bleed enough. Surprise will be our ally. We will head there, find out what we can without losing surprise and then we test my knowledge."

Diachronos
2015-05-14, 08:26 PM
"They are all cruel men, particularly to the orphans and street urchins that make up Gaedren's Lamms. I don't believe they will pose too much of a challenge to you, though, and I doubt that anybody will miss them if you're forced to eliminate them."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-14, 11:53 PM
Amavin

"While Mr. Lamm does employ children I sincerely doubt that they compose his security force. The fact of the matter is we don't know what his security force consists of. I can promise you one thing though. If you allow me to keep an eye on his base of operations I will not lose track of him. He may change locations as he has done so many times in the past but we will know where he goes. Now that our quarry is in our sights we will not lose him."

Drekkle
2015-05-15, 12:18 AM
"I see no reason to simply keep an eye on him. We will not find a better opportunity than this, and the more we delay, the more chances that Gaedren will discover us, or slip away from our eye." Nahkon states. "I do not fear any thugs he may have hired, nor do I fear scared orphans or children."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-15, 01:12 AM
Amavin

"I leave the decision in your hands. I merely caution you against hasty actions. Being rash does not reduce our chances of being discovered. It increases it. I advise that we keep a tight reign on him and find out what we are up against before we charge in headlong. That said, if we do decide to act quickly you will have my full support. I would rather die than deny my full talent with the art to the fine individuals that share my goals of destroying this loathsome individual. I would just rather not die in lieu of punishing him. We could very well play into his hands and all fade to black to the sound of his laughter."

CandyLaser
2015-05-15, 11:58 AM
Garidan looks to Nahkon, one eyebrow raised, while the others argue. He knows - or at least believes he knows - that his cousin wants to go to Gaedren now, to run him to ground, and to kill him. Garidan shared that bloodlust. But he was by nature more cautious and careful, and for a time those two sides warred within him.

Eventually, though, the desire for vengeance won out. He rose, abruptly, and spoke. "I say we move now. We will go. We will not rush in like foolish beasts and be snared. We have no reason to think Gaedren knows we are here, or that we are coming; the longer we wait the more likely it is that he will be alerted - especially if we are watching him. If we strike now, surprise and panic will be our allies, and with them we can fell any foe."

Smileybastard
2015-05-15, 02:57 PM
Tor

Tor hefts his greatsword onto his shoulder. "So I ask again, does anyone need to get something before we head to Gaedren's rat hole?"

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-16, 12:06 AM
Amavin

"Then we are going. I require nothing more than a plan. What do you propose, Tor? We are now dealing in your area of expertise."

Smileybastard
2015-05-16, 05:32 AM
Tor

"We need to get there first and see the lay of the land."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-16, 03:02 PM
Amavin

"I know the back alleys well and I can get around unnoticed. I also have a keen eye. I would be more than willing to scout out the area."

CandyLaser
2015-05-16, 03:11 PM
"Likewise. If we're going to split up, no one should be left alone - two can hunt better than one."

Smileybastard
2015-05-16, 03:20 PM
Tor

"Sigh ... I thought we had already beaten this to death. We are ALL going to the location and getting in position and then you will scout what you can, that way if you are spotted we can immediately begin the assault."

Drekkle
2015-05-16, 03:56 PM
"Then let us be off." Nahkon says, making for the door. "We can discuss strategy and tactics on the way there. I would prefer to hang back, with Tor, I assume. As Garidan will tell you, I have all the stealth of an Auroch," Nahkon says, grinning wryly.

Smileybastard
2015-05-16, 04:02 PM
Tor

Tor nods and heads out the door as well. "I am not quiet myself, but little escapes my notice."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-16, 10:45 PM
Amavin

"Sounds like a plan. Best not to group up too tightly or we risk being noticed. Ill meet back up with you soon; should't be too hard to find a couple of Aurochs in a city." Amavin grins at Drekkle then turns her attention to Garidan. "I imagine scouting is in your wheelhouse as well." Without waiting for a response Amavin darts out the door.

Knowledge (local) to find a direct but inconspicuous route to Gaedron's hideout: [roll0]
Stealth to move around undetected once I get close: [roll1]
Perception to locate every entrance to the building: [roll2]

I mostly try to blend in with crowds and avoid drawing attention to myself. I try to avoid any dangerous looking individuals.
Perception to spot and avoid anyone who might cause me trouble: [roll3]

Diachronos
2015-05-17, 09:38 AM
The group has little trouble finding the fishery with the directions that Zellara has given them. By now the sun has gone down, leaving only a faint pink-purple glow on the horizon and allowing the stars to begin showing overhead.

The stink of fish is apparent even from a block away from the fishery. As the group approaches, there is no apparent sign of activity in the place, and it appears that they've closed up for the night.

The warehouse is one of the sources of a fish slurry concocted from older or malformed fish that haven't sold in the market. The slurry is used by the local fisherman as bait, and also as one of the key ingredients to a cheap food item known as "dock dumplings".

Amavin spies a total of three entrances from her initial sweep: the front door, a large set of doors on the building's left side that leads out of the building onto a landing that serves as a sort of loading area, and a single door on the wooden boardwalk that runs along the building's right side. She doesn't appear to catch anyone's notice, and aside from the faint sound of the waves behind the warehouse and the jingling of the rusted chain where a sign once hung over the front door there is no sign of movement.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-17, 11:55 AM
Mirala kept quiet for most of the conversation, but she strode along with a languid air, seemingly very relaxed. At some point she had donned her buckler, and every so often she would check the straps on the little shield while they traveled.

"I'm glad he made so many enemies." She says finally, "I couldn't imagine trying to do this alone." A lazy grin spreads across her lips.

CandyLaser
2015-05-17, 01:00 PM
On arrival, Garidan joined Amavin in the initial surveillance.

[spolier=Rolls]Knowledge (local) [roll0] plus a free use of inspiration [roll1]. Perception: [roll2][spoiler]

After that, he returned to the group. "I suggest we try to strike from two sides at once - perhaps the more subtle among us can enter through the loading area, while the others go through the front."

Smileybastard
2015-05-17, 02:39 PM
Tor

Tor surveys the building and its surroundings.

Perception [roll0]

"The problem with attacking them from multiple entrances is that if we run into heavy resistance we are already scattered." He thinks for a moment. "I think a better idea is we block one entrance and attack through the second."

Diachronos
2015-05-17, 02:49 PM
Tor's investigation reveals the same information that Amavin's does.

Drekkle
2015-05-17, 02:57 PM
"A great warleader of my tribe once used a tactic he called 'The Auroch' to great effect." Nahkon mentions. "His men would be grouped into three divisions, the Chest, the Horns, and the Loins. The Chest would charge straight into the fray and attack, while the horns would sneak and flank around the sides of the battle. The Loins would be kept back as a reserve, to support either group if needed. He won a great many battles with that plan. Perhaps we could make use of his example?"

Smileybastard
2015-05-17, 03:21 PM
Tor

Tor looks baffled. "We have five people ... I am familiar with military tactics, but they work on a larger scale and generally we would need to know more. As it is with these numbers your plan is the same as Garidan's except maybe we have one of use wait outside. We don't have the numbers to split up without knowing numbers inside. If we go in one door, with the other blocked, we have one point of contact which means we can more easily deal with a larger force or withdraw if we need to."
"I will lead the assault."

CandyLaser
2015-05-17, 04:50 PM
"One more moment, Tor. We'll be more effective if I have a few more minutes to prepare." Garidan retreated to a sheltered corner and brought out his alchemical supplies. After a few minutes of work, he had a freshly prepared alchemical extract, ready to drink. As soon as everyone else was ready, he drank his new extract, and another - and promptly grew to almost twice his normal size.

I have an enlarge person prepared; I'm going to prepare shield. Once we go in, I'll be drinking both.

Smileybastard
2015-05-17, 04:59 PM
Tor

Tor smiles. "The key to battle is flexibility...I hope you fit."
"Which door do we block? And who wants to do the blocking ... quietly."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-18, 04:33 AM
Amavin

"I noticed a chain near one of the doors. Perhaps we could bar one door with the chain and enter through another."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-18, 08:22 AM
Mirala sighs, "I'm ready to move. Let's get on with it."

Smileybastard
2015-05-18, 08:37 AM
Tor

"Amavin, go and block the secondary door with what you can find."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-18, 03:00 PM
Amavin

Amavin simply stands and stares back at Tor with an incredulous look on her face.

Smileybastard
2015-05-18, 03:12 PM
Tor

Tor looks at Amavin with a questioning look.

CandyLaser
2015-05-18, 03:39 PM
Garidan sighs and lumbers over toward the second door. He sees the wisdom in Tor's suggestion, although he's not pleased with the fellow's imperious manner. With the fishery located on the docks, he looks around for crates, planks, and other debris that can be found on any waterfront and quickly stacks up what he finds in front of the door, as quietly as possible.

In case it wasn't clear, I was planning on having Garidan drink his extracts right before we go in. If there's still a little planning to be done, I'll wait until we'll all ready before going ahead with it.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-18, 05:42 PM
Amavin

"So you undermine everyone's suggestions, order us around like a bunch of lackeys, and to boot you pick the smallest person here, who happens to be versed in the art and set them to manual labor. Tell me, Tor. What great battles have you won? What are your credentials as a leader?"

Smileybastard
2015-05-18, 05:50 PM
Tor

"If another would like to lead and they know how, I have no issue, but nothing was happening and so I led.
As for selecting you, it was because you showed initiative earlier and skill at acting unseen."

"I have led in battle, but none that you would consider great and fought in others. Would you like to lead?"

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-18, 05:56 PM
Amavin

"I would like us to act as a team and to not die charging blindly into a situation."

Smileybastard
2015-05-18, 07:17 PM
Tor

"We are acting as a team, but a team needs a head. We had the discussions earlier as as far as I could tell we were in agreement."

Tor breaths out slowly.

"We can do this or we can just stand here and discuss it, until we are noticed."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-18, 11:12 PM
Mirala waits in position, a progressively more unamused expression on her face. "I think we've done enough, let's strike while the iron is hot." She says.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-19, 02:25 AM
Amavin

Mir pinches the bridge of her nose. "Alright then, lets go. Just don't expect me to swing a broad sword or whatever the devil you brutes like to swing at eachother."

Smileybastard
2015-05-19, 04:55 AM
Tor

"I expect you to do what you are best at." He waits until Garidan has the other door blocked, mumbles a prayer and heads towards the other door.

Perception [roll0] +1 for Guidance
If we get into combat he will use his tactic ability to allow the barbarian to roll for INIT twice and take the best.

Drekkle
2015-05-19, 09:18 PM
Nahkon stands ready by the door, calming himself by breathing steadily.

Smileybastard
2015-05-19, 09:37 PM
Tor

Tor heads towards the front door, greatsword in hand and quietly tries to open the door.

Diachronos
2015-05-19, 09:55 PM
The door appears to be locked.

CandyLaser
2015-05-19, 10:04 PM
"I don't have the right tools, but if someone has lockpicks I might be able to open the door."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-19, 10:18 PM
Amavin

Amavin walks up next to Garidan and whispers. "Allow me. To be honest, I could use the practice."[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-19, 10:24 PM
Amavin

After grunting in frustration she tries again.9 more checks representing a minute worth of attempts, after which she will ask Garidan to try.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Amavin shakes her head and looks at Garidan. "Perhaps you can defeat this lock." She passes off the cloth roll containing lock picks and various other tools and probes.

Smileybastard
2015-05-20, 05:25 AM
Tor

Tor looks at the door for signs of alarms or traps.

Perception [roll0]

CandyLaser
2015-05-21, 07:41 AM
Garidan takes his own turn attempting to pick the lock.

Disable Device [roll0] plus inspiration [roll1]. I'll only use inspiration if the my Disable Device check is a 16-19.

Diachronos
2015-05-21, 08:02 AM
Tor finds no traps or alarms on the door, and Garridan pops the lock after a bit of work at it.

Diachronos
2015-05-22, 08:22 PM
As the door creaks open from Garridan's lockpicking, a loud barking can be heard from inside the room, followed by angry shouts from nearby inside the building. "Quiet, ya mangy mutt!" Despite the shout, the sound of someone shuffling about can faintly be heard inside between the dog's barks.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-23, 07:59 PM
Amavin

The elf gives Garridan a satisfied nod then turns her attention to Tor. Remaining silent she looks at him waiting to see what he will do.

Smileybastard
2015-05-23, 08:05 PM
Tor

Tor walks in greatsword in hand.

CandyLaser
2015-05-24, 12:01 AM
Garidan follows close behind, earth breaker at the ready, eyes alert to any potential threat.

Diachronos
2015-05-24, 09:55 AM
As Tor walks into the room, he's met with a menacing growl. A mangy-looking mutt charges out from under the desk in the room's center and snaps at the cleric!

The dog charges, giving it +2 on its attack but -2 AC for one round.
Attack: [roll0]/[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]/[roll3]

Also, Initiative: [roll4]

Smileybastard
2015-05-24, 01:12 PM
Tor

The dog viciously bites Tor who brings down his greatsword on the beast.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Init [roll2]
He gives Garidan the benefit of seize the initiative ability to roll init twice.

CandyLaser
2015-05-24, 09:18 PM
Garidan likewise brings his earthbreaker to bear, swinging it at the dog, hard.

Initiative: best of [roll0], [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]/confirm [roll3].
Damage: [roll4]/crit [roll5]

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-25, 02:10 AM
Amavin

As soon as Tor flings the door open Amavin sees the dog charge and throws a small ball of acid at it.The forewarned ability allows me to act on the surprise round. I beat the dog on initiative so it is not in melee when I make my attack.
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Acid Splash Damage: [roll1]

Diachronos
2015-05-25, 11:49 AM
The dog lets out a loud yelp from the strikes, before falling to the ground. It doesn't take much to tell that the canine is dead.

A door in the room's far right corner, and a middle-aged man steps out with an angry look on his face. "What in the Nine Hells is going... Bloo! You bastards killed my dog!" With an enraged snarl he pulls out a vial and throws it at Tor!

Attack roll vs touch: [roll0]/[roll1]
Damage (acid): [roll2]/[roll3]
Garridan and anyone else adjacent to Tor also takes 1 acid damage from the splash.

Drekkle
2015-05-26, 02:54 AM
Nahkon, his sword bared since the door was open sees the dog being killed, and the element of surprise lost as a man emerges from an adjacent room. Seeing the element of surprise has been lost, he dashes swiftly towards him, aiming to strike him down.

Roll for initiative: [roll0]
If I can, I'd like to charge. If not, just move me towards him, if I can get into melee range.
Greatsword attack roll: [roll1] - +2 if I can charge.

Damage: [roll2]
If anything seems off about my numbers, just ask.

Smileybastard
2015-05-26, 04:47 AM
Tor

Tor collapses to the ground.

He is at -1 hp.

Diachronos
2015-05-26, 09:51 AM
The man crumples as Nahkon's blow connects, leaving him and Tor unconscious on the floor.

Drekkle
2015-05-26, 03:12 PM
Nahkon turns, seeing the fallen form of Tor on the ground in the room. He pulls the unconscious man into the center of the room before speaking. "I will stop anyone from entering this room. We need someone to tend to Tor's wounds, and try to wake him. Tie up this filth, and try not to let him die." He says, spitting on the man who seems to be one of Gaedren's lackies before standing near the door which leads further into the fishery.

CandyLaser
2015-05-26, 07:17 PM
Not wanting to lose a moment, or any momentum, Garidan scans the room, looking for other exits, then looks through any open doors or corridors in turn.

Diachronos
2015-05-26, 07:56 PM
As Nahkon drags the man to the center of the room, a pouch at his belt falls open and a vial of red liquid rolls out, stopping as it runs into Amavin's foot.

Garridan's examination reveals four doors. (http://prntscr.com/79tj17) One is on the wall to the right (oriented from the door the party entered through) near the back corner, and is currently closed. The left wall has another closed door about 15 feet away, and the rear wall has two doors, one in the left corner and one near the middle. The left door at the back of the room is closed, but the door that the man had entered from appears to open into a small office from what can be seen through the doorway.

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-27, 10:52 AM
Amavin

Amavin picks up the vial and uncorks it giving it a sniff.Spellcraft: [roll0]

Diachronos
2015-05-27, 10:55 AM
The potion has a faint acrid smell to it, but Amavin identifies it as a potion of cure light wounds.

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-27, 11:15 AM
Mirala moves to stand near Amavin while she identifies the vial, sword drawn now. She peers up and down the corridor, before saying, "Anything that can help our friend here?"

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-27, 11:06 PM
Amavin

"Just what the cleric ordered." Amavin pours the potion into Tor's mouth and props his head up as she waits for it to take effect.[roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-05-28, 05:24 AM
Tor

Tor blinks, opens his eyes and nods. "Thank you."

Grapsing his holy symbol he speaks a brief prayer and a wave of positive energy passes through the group.

Channel positive energy to heal [roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-05-28, 05:25 AM
Tor

He repeats the process of healing.

Channel positive to heal [roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-05-28, 05:27 AM
Tor

And one last time.

Channel energy to heal [roll0]

Diachronos
2015-05-28, 05:57 PM
After the man is tied up and Tor revived, the cleric's channeling seems to revive the man. He lets out a groggy moan as his eyes open, and he looks up at the party with a start. "Who the blazes are you?! What gives you the right to come barging in here and attack my dog?!"

Drekkle
2015-05-28, 06:02 PM
"We are enemies of the man you serve, Gaedren Lamm." Nahkon says coldly to him. With his greatsword resting against his shoulder he glares menacingly down at him. "And unless you'd like me to separate your head from your shoulders, I suggest you tell us all that you know about this hideout of his."

[roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-05-28, 06:02 PM
Tor

Tor places his bloodied greatsword against the man's throat.
"This gives us the right. Where is Gaedren Lamm? Keep in mind, we killed you once and we will do so over and over if need be"

Intimidation [roll0]

Diachronos
2015-05-30, 10:37 AM
The man flinches back as the two of them threaten his life. "G-Gaedren's down below, probably counting up the haul from today. Giggles and Hookshanks are in the other room, probably keeping the brats in line."

Mr. Turniphead
2015-05-30, 06:05 PM
The Varisian woman gives a curt nod at the man's answer.

"Good, let's not waste time and pay those two a visit, mm?" She looks down at the man, and then to her companions.

"What should we do with him? I suggest rope and a closet myself."

Smileybastard
2015-05-30, 07:16 PM
Tor

"Kill him. I'll do it. He abuses kids and is allied with Gaedren. It is also faster." Tor raises his sword and looks at the others.

CandyLaser
2015-05-30, 07:34 PM
"There has been enough blood spilled on Gaedren's account, Tor. This man is not an innocent, but I see no need to end his life." Garidan looks directly into the prisoner's eyes as he continues. "He will no doubt use his time tied up to reflect on past errors, and he'll resolve to set himself on a new path. Because if he doesn't... I WILL hunt him, and I WILL end him."

Smileybastard
2015-05-30, 07:40 PM
Tor

Tor pulls his sword past the man sliding the blade across his face and cutting him. "A reminder. We need to keep moving. Quiet we are not."

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-30, 08:17 PM
Amavin

The elf gives a nod to Tor. "Lets move on then." She begins moving toward the room with the men known as Giggles and Hookshanks.

Drekkle
2015-05-30, 08:23 PM
After watching the procceedings with Tor and Garidan silently, Nahkon shrugs, turning to follow Amavin into the next room.

Diachronos
2015-05-30, 08:36 PM
The man gulps and nods. "Y-yes, sir! I'm done with Gaedren!"

Gamblerjoe
2015-05-30, 08:59 PM
Amavin

The elf looks to Garridan. "This one is locked as well."

Diachronos
2015-06-05, 08:55 PM
The man looks back at Amavin, then up at Tor and Garidan. "I-I have a key to the place, if I give it to you will you let me go?"

CandyLaser
2015-06-05, 09:45 PM
Garidan looks to the man. "Give me the key, and get out."

Drekkle
2015-06-06, 12:02 AM
"Hold on, Cousin. Let's see what else this little rat has been hiding from us." Nahkon says, going through the man's pockets, patting him down to see what he has.

If I need to roll anything, feel free to roll it for me, Diachronos.

Diachronos
2015-06-06, 12:11 AM
Aside from the promised key ring, the man's pockets contain four vials of liquid, two somewhat squishy leather pouches, a small stone inscribed with a lightning bolt, a wand, and a dagger.

Two of the vials are flasks of acid
The pouches are tanglefoot bags
The stone is a thunderstone
The dagger is ordinary
2x potions of cure light wounds
Wand of acid splash with 28 charges left.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-06, 01:04 AM
Amavin

"Well, what do we have here?"Four Vials of liquid
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Stone: [roll4]

CandyLaser
2015-06-09, 11:31 PM
With the key in hand, Garidan pads over to the door and unlocks it, opening it as quietly as he can. No one came running from the first fight, so perhaps it went unnoticed....

Stealth, if needed: [roll0]

Diachronos
2015-06-11, 06:03 PM
Garidan opens the door to reveal a short hallway, maybe 10 feet long, leading to another door. As he opens the door, there is no apparent sign of anyone approaching.

There are footsteps coming from somewhere beyond the next door.

After being stripped of his belongings and untied, the man darts out the front of the building, and he can be seen running for the deeper streets of the city.

Smileybastard
2015-06-11, 08:47 PM
Tor

Tor glances into the hall and listens.

Perception [roll0]

"I hear footfalls. Someone is likely coming." He raises his sword.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-11, 10:20 PM
Amavin

The elf braces herself in preparation to cast another spell if needed.

Diachronos
2015-06-15, 10:52 AM
Not long after Tor hears the initial footsteps, the door at the end of the hall swings open, and a tall, burly half-orc steps through. "Eh? Who the heck are you?! Where's that old git Yargin?"

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-16, 10:17 PM
Amavin

"I would recommend dropping to the ground immediately. We are here for Gaedron and have you quite outnumbered. Do what we say and you won't get hurt."

Smileybastard
2015-06-16, 10:19 PM
Tor

"Or maybe more than hurt."

Intimidation [roll0]

CandyLaser
2015-06-16, 10:48 PM
Garidan growls menacingly and hefts his earth breaker, aiming to make it clear just what the consequences of disobedience would be.

Assisting the intimidate, if possible: [roll0]

Diachronos
2015-06-19, 08:51 PM
The half-orc hesitates when he realizes just how many people are on the other side of the door. After a moment, he slams the door shut and he can be heard shouting for others in the room to wake up.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-20, 12:52 AM
Amavin

"Well. It looks like he's made his choice."

CandyLaser
2015-06-20, 06:52 AM
"Indeed." Garidan charges forward, kicking the door open as he goes.

Smileybastard
2015-06-20, 01:18 PM
Tor

Tor follows on Garidan's heels, but readies himself to stop in case the door does not open.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-21, 10:48 PM
Amavin

The elf follows close behind, ready to throw acid in the face of anyone willing to stand against the burly men in front of her.

Diachronos
2015-06-21, 10:50 PM
The door flies open, and the half-orc can be seen bolting across a catwalk that runs along the right side of the room. Down on the floor below, almost a dozen children are stirring from an apparent slumber, with many of them casting fearful glances around the fishery.

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-21, 10:57 PM
Amavin

"Fear not children, we are here for your masters, not for you! Seek shelter or be gone from this place, for your own safety!"

CandyLaser
2015-06-22, 11:48 AM
Garidan pursues the half-orc across the catwalk. "He must be stopped!" he calls back to his companions.

Smileybastard
2015-06-22, 09:58 PM
Tor

Tor follows, his great sword in hand. "He shall be stopped."

Diachronos
2015-06-25, 09:54 PM
The half-orc makes it down to the lower level of the fishery, putting the children between himself and his pursuers. He growls, and the children nervously brandish various tools at the party as they approach.

Smileybastard
2015-06-25, 10:02 PM
Tor

"Only a coward hides behind children." Tor lower's his sword slightly and addresses the kids. "We are here for Gaedren and any who stand with him, now stand aside or we shall have no choice to fight. Stand aside and you shall walk free."

Intimidation [rol]1d20+8[/roll]

Gamblerjoe
2015-06-27, 06:45 PM
Amavin

Drawing on her power, Amavin throws a narrow stream of acid toward the half-orc, careful not to get any on the children.Attack: [roll0]
Acid Damage: [roll1]

"Standing against us does not augur well for you."

CandyLaser
2015-06-27, 08:12 PM
"Or don't stand aside. I'd like the opportunity to crush another fool who'd enslave children."

Assisting the intimidate again: [roll0].

Diachronos
2015-07-04, 06:29 AM
The children remain where they stand, seeming to be more afraid of the half-orc than of the party. Amavin's spell connects, causing him to let out a loud shout of pain. "You pointy-eared wench! I'll feed ya to the sharks!"

Smileybastard
2015-07-04, 06:38 AM
Tor

Tor pauses for a moment and speaks a prayer holding the holy symbol of Gorum and addresses the children. "I have no quarrel with you, I am however going to kill him."

Casts shield of faith on himself. +2 AC

Gamblerjoe
2015-07-04, 09:35 PM
Amavin

"First you have to come out from your hiding spot, you hairy lummox."