PDA

View Full Version : Is there a god of suicides?

Myrmeleo
2015-04-28, 02:20 PM
Is there a god who's okay with/accepts suicides? It's important for my character.

YossarianLives
2015-04-28, 02:22 PM
I don't it's stated anywhere that suicide is necessarily an evil act. I'd guess that most gods are okay with it.

Know(Nothing)
2015-04-28, 02:24 PM
Nerull, perhaps? Or Wee Jas, if you want less evil flavor. I know there are a couple more Neutral and Good gods with Death in their portfolio, I just can't remember them at the moment. I can't think of any that specifically call for/deal with suicide, though.

Red Fel
2015-04-28, 03:01 PM
Nerull, perhaps? Or Wee Jas, if you want less evil flavor. I know there are a couple more Neutral and Good gods with Death in their portfolio, I just can't remember them at the moment. I can't think of any that specifically call for/deal with suicide, though.

Nerull would probably be your best bet. He's in favor of death of all types; as long as there are fewer people alive when something is finished, he's probably in favor of it.

I don't think there are any dealing specifically with suicides, but Nerull should have you more or less covered.

LoyalPaladin
2015-04-28, 03:31 PM
Jergal or Bhaal might also have you covered I would think. If Forgotten Realms is your thing.

Hiro Quester
2015-04-28, 03:41 PM
I'd say Wee Jas is your best option. Lawful Neutral steward of the deal, unconcerned with morality. She won't judge suicides for their method of dying.

Wee Jas thinks of herself as a steward of the dead. Though she is a relatively benign death goddess, she has no problem with undead being created - as long as they are not reanimated against their will, and their remains are procured in a lawful manner. Wee Jas is unconcerned with questions of morality; if it can be done within the confines of the law, she will allow it.

I'm not sure of the provenance of this information (link here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wee_Jas#Dogma)), but it sounds promising for your purposes.

Talk to your DM; maybe it's a detail that can be easily added to Wee Jas's dogma for purposes of your game. It doesn't sound at all contradictory to have her be okay with all manner of (lawful) death, including suicides.

Frozen_Feet
2015-04-28, 03:44 PM
Odin. For hanging, specifically.

Depending on how broadly you define suicide, other Norse-inspired gods will be happy enough to take in a follower who died in battle against a powerful foe.

For the rest, there's always Hel.

Troacctid
2015-04-28, 03:57 PM
Phieran (BoED) is kind of like a god of suicide hotlines. I guess that's probably not what you're going for, though.

Xelbiuj
2015-04-28, 04:02 PM
The good gods seem like they'd be fine with martyrdom.

All the death gods are good choices, assuming they're fueled by worshipers, suicide into undeath is a good bet.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-28, 06:39 PM
Make one up! Unless your DM hates creativity :P If so neutral death god seems the best option in my opinion. How about Norgrahaha the lord of suicide the king of self loathing and progenitor of depression!

Zordran
2015-04-29, 12:58 AM
I kind of love the idea of a Good god of suicide, some glorified mortal who ascended by stealing a tiny piece of Nerull's portfolio, holed up in his own personal demiplane/mental hospital where he can provide intensive counseling to the recently departed before sending them off to the afterlife that they should have had, were it not for their sin.

JDL
2015-04-29, 01:05 AM
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHk2RSMCS8

Arutema
2015-04-29, 03:33 AM
Pathfinder has Naderi, the TN goddess of drowning, tragic and forbidden love, and suicide.