PDA

View Full Version : Efreet minions

yaluckyboy09
2015-04-28, 05:53 PM
I'm thinking of running an adventure that sends the players after an Efreet in it's personal lair, but I'm not sure what kind of minions they'd usually employ

Any suggestions?

Maglubiyet
2015-04-28, 10:46 PM
I'm thinking of running an adventure that sends the players after an Efreet in it's personal lair, but I'm not sure what kind of minions they'd usually employ

Most likely beings found on the Elemental Plane of Fire, like salamanders, azer, elemental creatures, fire mephlings, if only because it's easier to keep them alive. But they are slavers, so it could be anything from any Plane.

It might suit their twisted taste to give a slave constant potions of resist fire. If the slave revolts or tries to run, it won't get far on the Elemental Plane of Fire when the effect wears off. Seems to fit for such a sadistic race.

DrMotives
2015-04-28, 11:09 PM
I second everything Maglubiyet said, especially the salamanders. Those are their classic minions. Also, Manual of the Planes has a fire elemental creature template to dress up anything as an instant native of the Crematorium.

Seclora
2015-04-28, 11:17 PM
Thirding Salamanders, but I'd also include folks who tried to beat the Efreet for wishes and have instead been tricked into doing his bidding.
And some fire Genasi.

JDL
2015-04-28, 11:35 PM
Mephits would also be fairly common as minions, underlings and peons. A Rast with an advanced template would make an excellent mini-boss too, something along the line of the BBEG's pet. The Con damage with Improved Grab on a Large sized creature would be terrifying for anyone grappled by it, but not fast enough to be instantly lethal.

Petrocorus
2015-04-28, 11:43 PM
Most likely beings found on the Elemental Plane of Fire, like salamanders, azer, elemental creatures, fire mephlings, if only because it's easier to keep them alive. But they are slavers, so it could be anything from any Plane.

It might suit their twisted taste to give a slave constant potions of resist fire. If the slave revolts or tries to run, it won't get far on the Elemental Plane of Fire when the effect wears off. Seems to fit for such a sadistic race.

Indeed, they may also have a Janni, enslave in some way to another, to run more complicated task for them.

yaluckyboy09
2015-04-29, 01:08 AM
these are all great ideas and suggestions, thanks for the input

Bullet06320
2015-04-29, 02:10 AM
I ran a campaign awhile back with an efreet boss, he had several wizards in his employ that was always scrying him, if he got in trouble one of them cast gate to get him out of trouble, drove my players nuts having to chase after him, the 2nd time they found him, they nailed with a dimensional anchor straight away but that started the scry and die spells, oh the fun, lol