PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Light Blindness

bootzin
2015-04-28, 10:11 PM
Hey guys!

Is there any way to work around Light Blindness? I knwo that you have a lot of items that take the penalties of light sensivity out, but what about light blindness? Is there any item or ability (Maybe a spell that can be made permanent) that removes the penalties of light blindness?

SparowCrow
2015-04-28, 10:23 PM
Daylight adaption from Races of Eberron removes the effects of light sensitivity and blindness for a feat

Eloel
2015-04-28, 10:53 PM
Polymorph helps

DrMotives
2015-04-29, 12:03 AM
Daylight adaption from Races of Eberron removes the effects of light sensitivity and blindness for a feat

That feat is also in the Player's Guide to Forgotten Realms, and I think is a class feature of both Orc & Drow Paragon classes from UA. Although paragon classes don't seem super sexy options to take, really.

Story
2015-04-29, 12:09 AM
Raptor's Mask (MiC 210) "renders you immune to effects that would leave you blinded or dazzled".

Does Light Blindness count as an effect? I guess if you're attacked with a Daylight spell or similar, that would be an effect that leaves you blinded and hence you're immune.

WeaselGuy
2015-04-29, 01:56 AM
Sundark Goggles (Races of the Dragon, p. 122, 123) are 10gp.

The smoked lenses of these goggles block light. They are typically fixed into a band of canvas that clasps together at the back to keep the goggles from falling off. Sundark goggles negate the dazzled condition experienced by a creature with light sensitivity while in bright illumination. As a side effect, they grant the wearer a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against gaze attacks. A creature wearing sundark goggles can’t use a gaze attack, since other creatures can’t see its eyes. Creatures without low-light vision or darkvision that wear sundark goggles take a –2 penalty on Search and Spot checks.

bootzin
2015-04-29, 06:28 AM
This is very nice, but it would be better if I could achieve it without spending a feat :/

Polymorph wouldn't solve my problem, neither would tthe paragon classes. I'm a Changeling with the Shadow-Walker template (Which, among other benefits, gives me Light Blindness)

Raptor's Mask would be perfect if I was a drow, since it would negate both penalties from his light blindness, nut the template is a little bit different.. I get blinded when exposed to abrupt sunight and have -1 penalty on almost every check I make while in bright light (Sunlight, daylight spell, etc). My main problem is the -1 penalty on almost every check...

Sundark Goggles (Races of the Dragon, p. 122, 123) are 10gp.
The smoked lenses of these goggles block light. They are typically fixed into a band of canvas that clasps together at the back to keep the goggles from falling off. Sundark goggles negate the dazzled condition experienced by a creature with light sensitivity while in bright illumination. As a side effect, they grant the wearer a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against gaze attacks. A creature wearing sundark goggles can’t use a gaze attack, since other creatures can’t see its eyes. Creatures without low-light vision or darkvision that wear sundark goggles take a –2 penalty on Search and Spot checks.
Emphasis mine. They'd be awesome if I had light sensivity. Maybe I could get my DM to houserule that the secondary effect of Light blindness is almost equal to light sensivity, but if there was an item that let me ignore light blindness penalties it would be the best.

Mystia
2015-04-29, 07:31 AM
What about Cloak of Dark Power? It's a level 1 spell, but a Continuous item of it would be only 2.000 gp iirc.
This is the method preferred by vampires who want to tread about in broad sunlight without worrying with fiery disintegration.

bootzin
2015-04-29, 08:47 AM
Although it specifically says Drow, I think that it would work quite well..

Now.. I have another doubt regarding this continuous item... It says that it protects me from the effects of sunlight.. The Shadow-Walker can't cast his spells in full daylight.. Does that mean that this item allows me to do such thing?

Story
2015-04-29, 09:25 AM
Is there room in your build for a couple levels of Binder? Tenebrous would give you permanent darkness.

bootzin
2015-04-29, 09:51 AM
I guess I could find room for it, but what exactly would it do?

ShurikVch
2015-04-29, 10:12 AM
Half-Dragon (Prismatic) is immune to blindness. So, how about the Dragon Disciple or Savage Progression (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030912a)?

Mystia
2015-04-29, 10:45 AM
Although it specifically says Drow, I think that it would work quite well..

Now.. I have another doubt regarding this continuous item... It says that it protects me from the effects of sunlight.. The Shadow-Walker can't cast his spells in full daylight.. Does that mean that this item allows me to do such thing?

Sure, don't worry about it saying drow, since the spell affects whoever it's cast on :smallwink:

Yep, while wearing the item you would be protected from light even for that purpose. For all effects, it'll be as if you're always inside a small field of "night" that covers only you. The only thing you'll have to watch out for are AMFs and anyone getting funny ideas with Dispel Magic or (gasp) Disjunction, but no one likes those things, anyway.

Baroknik
2015-04-29, 03:16 PM
Why not just Iron Heart Surge the light that is blinding you?

bootzin
2015-05-02, 09:19 PM
I believe a continuous iron heart surge item would cost a little bit more than the custom item..

What I'm wondering now is: would the shadow sibling symbiont work? It does wrap myself around constant shadow, so.. Could it count as not being under full daylight?