PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next New Primal Path: Wind Walker

fattybear
2015-04-28, 11:48 PM
Looking for feedback, especially on the level 3 feature as I am not sure of its balance. Thanks!

Primal Path: Wind Walker

Description:
Those who follow the Path of the Wind Walker can have their rage overflow into the environment, manifesting itself in the air flowing around them. The power of your rage allows you to transform the air immediately around you and manipulate it to your benefit.

Wind Armor:
Beginning at 3rd level, when you rage, the wind around you begins to swirl wildly to match your internal rage. While raging, you can use your bonus action to cause a surge of wind to blast those surrounding you. Any Large or smaller creature that is within 5 feet of you must succeed on a Strength saving throw made against 10 + your Strength modifier. If the creature fails, then the creature is pushed back 10 feet and falls prone. You may use this feature a number of times equal to your Strength modifier during each rage. Any non-magical projectile attacks made against you have disadvantage as the wind distorts the trajectory of arrows and bolts.

Ride the Wind:
Starting at 6th level, you find that you are attuned to the atmosphere around you even while not in a rage. When you calm your mind, you find you are still capable of limited control of the air around you. While not in combat, you may spend one minute to focus, allowing you to levitate up to 5 feet off the ground. This can last up to one minute and can only be used once every short or long rest. Your levitate movement is equivalent to your walking speed. At level 10, you can ride the wind for up to 1 hour.

Slow Fall:
At 6th level, you are able to use your reaction to have a blast a wind slow your fall, angry at the thought of getting injured through falling. You may reduce your fall damage by 3 times your barbarian level.

Where the Wind Blows:
At 10th level, you may use an action to control the wind of your surrounding environment. You may choose the direction and strength of the wind within a 30 foot radius of yourself, although this cannot attain the strength to knock over or damage any creatures.

Tornado Form:
At 14th level, while you rage, the wind around you becomes more turbulent, creating a vortex around your body. Opportunity attacks made against you have disadvantage and you gain an extra 10 feet to your Fast Movement feature. Small objects on the ground or in the air are flung around randomly.

Ralanr
2015-04-29, 05:48 AM
I think this is balanced and I want to play it.

MrStabby
2015-04-29, 07:48 AM
This looks pretty sound. I would say you could even power up slightly the higher level abilities.

fattybear
2015-04-29, 01:02 PM
Hmm what do you think of this for the tornado form: you can use your reaction to intensify the wind around you, obscuring the enemy's vision and the strong gusts making it hard for him to fight properly. You grant disadvantage on one melee attack made against you.

Ralanr
2015-04-29, 01:32 PM
Hmm what do you think of this for the tornado form: you can use your reaction to intensify the wind around you, obscuring the enemy's vision and the strong gusts making it hard for him to fight properly. You grant disadvantage on one melee attack made against you.

All or the next?

fattybear
2015-04-29, 01:49 PM
The reaction ability would be added on top of what was originally written.

fattybear
2015-04-29, 05:48 PM
I thought about it and that tornado form addition is too powerful. Maybe you can do it once every short or long rest.