PDA

View Full Version : Key Manifesting Abillity

bootzin
2015-04-29, 09:02 AM
I have a doubt regarding power manifestation..

Suppose I'm an Ardent 1/Psionic Rogue 1, could I use my intelligence to manifest Ardent Powers? Or do I need to manifest Ardent powers with WIS and Psionic Rogues with INT?

Red Fel
2015-04-29, 09:16 AM
I have a doubt regarding power manifestation..

Suppose I'm an Ardent 1/Psionic Rogue 1, could I use my intelligence to manifest Ardent Powers? Or do I need to manifest Ardent powers with WIS and Psionic Rogues with INT?

Powers, like spells, are tied to the class that grants them. Ardent powers use the Ardent key ability score, PsiRogue powers use the PsiRogue key ability score. Unless you have a feat or PrC that lets you overlap them, this holds true.

Psyren
2015-04-29, 09:18 AM
The class that grants you {power} is what determines the stat you use when manifesting it, just like a multiclassed spellcaster. However, your PP from both classes form one pool that you can manifest from, including bonus PP from both Int and Wis if those scores are high enough for such.

bootzin
2015-04-29, 09:23 AM
Got it!

And regarding Augments, they take into account the manifester level, not class level, right?

Psyren
2015-04-29, 09:27 AM
Got it!

And regarding Augments, they take into account the manifester level, not class level, right?

Yes - but your manifester level depends on your class level(s). You have a different ML for each manifesting class you have.

bootzin
2015-04-29, 09:50 AM
That means that I'd be 1st level manifester ardent/1st level manifester psi-rogue in the example above?

Flickerdart
2015-04-29, 09:53 AM
That means that I'd be 1st level manifester ardent/1st level manifester psi-rogue in the example above?
That is correct.