PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Creation Mantle Customization

bootzin
2015-04-29, 09:28 AM
Hey Guys!

So, I was looking through the Web Enhancement of Ardents and I realized that you can customize the already existing Mantles, so I was wondering if you could help me customize the Creation one.

My character will be a sneaky type, and the main reason I'm getting this mantle is the Minor Creation power, but I'd honestly like to create a good mantle..

I think that the main change that we could make was regarding it's granted ability, since I won't be using Astral Construct very much

I'd also like some suggestions regarding which powers should I take and which to add (:

Thx in advance (:

Red Fel
2015-04-29, 09:40 AM
I think that the main change that we could make was regarding it's granted ability, since I won't be using Astral Construct very much

Nope. While you can customize it in terms of powers, nowhere does the web supplement nor the original text suggest that you can change its granted ability. That's a no-no.

I'd also like some suggestions regarding which powers should I take and which to add (:

Hmm... Well, here's the thing. The Creation Mantle is all about, as the name suggests, making stuff. Astral Construct, Fabricate, Minor/Major Creation, they're all about making stuff out of not-stuff. I suppose you could go with items from the Shaper Psion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powerList.htm#shaperMetacreativityDisciplinePowers ) list, such as Concealing Amorpha, Ectoplasmic Cocoon, and Hail of Crystals; you could also go with Energy Wall, Entangling Ectoplasm, and Psionic Grease.

If you're going with a sneaky, rogue-y type, Concealing Amorpha, Entangling Ectoplasm, and Psionic Grease are particularly good choices, as they grant you concealment, lock enemies down, and render them flat-footed, respectively.

bootzin
2015-04-29, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the powers advices! I'll have a look at them and choose them as I see fit ^^

And you were right, when you substitute powers you can't change the granted ability, I was confusing with this thread (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20060428a) that allows you to create your own psionic mantle.

So, if I get my DM's approval for my own mantle (It would probably be very close to the creation mantle itself, as it is hard to place minor creation anywhere else) what granted ability would you suggest?