PDA

View Full Version : Prequel -or- Everything Is A Federal Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable

Fralex
2015-04-29, 11:18 AM
About Prequel (http://www.prequeladventure.com/about-prequel/):

PREQUEL is a story on the internet. It has been called several other things too, including “Making A Cat Cry: The Adventure“, “Everything Is A Federal ****ing Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable“, “Katia Managan: Alcoholic, Vasilikphobe, Adventurer“, and “Slutcat Adventures 2: Daggerfall.“ All of these names are equally descriptive and accurate.

More specifically, PREQUEL is an interactive story where readers serve as the protagonist’s subconscious. It was inspired by the user command model employed by MS Paint Adventures (http://mspaintadventures.com/) and is based on the Elder Scrolls universe created by Bethesda Softworks (http://www.bethsoft.com/), though familiarity with either of these is not necessary to understand PREQUEL. PREQUEL began as a forum thread on the MS Paint Adventures Forums, but has since been moved to its own site for readability (you are reading that site right now).

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy reading my story about an alcoholic cat who hears internet voices.

That is a sentence I never thought I would type.

Previous Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?334923-Prequel-or-Making-a-Cat-Cry-The-Adventure

This comic's update schedule is somewhat... inconsistant, but on this day we have once again been graced with a new page. Hooray! It's a Flaaaaash updaaaaate...

Lord Raziere
2015-04-29, 12:19 PM
Aaaaaaaaw yeah, everything went better than expected!

oooooooh nooooo, Imp Murderboss showed up, and the other Khajit abandoned Katia to die!

and AAAAAAAAAWW YEEEEEAAAAAAH, Katia is more badass than that other Khajit!

that other Khajit with a spear is going to be so afraid of Katia when she comes out of that room....and I bet Katia is going to be a little ticked at the stunt that they just pulled there.

Spojaz
2015-04-29, 01:29 PM
What do you guys think? Did Ra'jirra lock Katia in with the uber-imp, or is our hirsute protagonist just bad at doors?

Fralex
2015-04-29, 01:45 PM
My best score is 110 seconds. Apparently when the update first came out, anyone who finished in under 105 got a cool Katia pin mailed to them... :<
I was checking Prequel for updates multiple times each day, and somehow I didn't catch it yesterday. Sadface.

Doran
2015-04-30, 06:33 AM
I hope she levelled again.

Fralex
2015-04-30, 07:29 AM
What do you guys think? Did Ra'jirra lock Katia in with the uber-imp, or is our hirsute protagonist just bad at doors?

In the Flash summary, it says that "Rajirra decides she’d rather have a locked door between herself and this situation…" So yes, Raj trapped Kat in a room with an impmaster murderboss, and any resultant inventory loss is her fault and her fault alone.

Lord Raziere
2015-04-30, 10:11 AM
In the Flash summary, it says that "Rajirra decides she’d rather have a locked door between herself and this situation…" So yes, Raj trapped Kat in a room with an impmaster murderboss, and any resultant inventory loss is her fault and her fault alone.

I knew it. this is ultimately the difference between Rajirra's philosophy and Katia's philosophy. Rajirra decided to leave an ally to die. Katia decided to become a badass and finish the job without a cowardly Khajit holding her back.

Winterwind
2015-05-03, 03:55 AM
In the Flash summary, it says that "Rajirra decides she’d rather have a locked door between herself and this situation…" So yes, Raj trapped Kat in a room with an impmaster murderboss, and any resultant inventory loss is her fault and her fault alone.And yet, somehow, I'm willing to bet it will end up with Katia being blamed for all of the (massive) destruction in that room, leaving her even more in debt than before. :smallfrown:

On the plus side, she can take consolation in being totally badass, so, there's that. :smallamused:

Lord Raziere
2015-05-03, 04:00 AM
which will start her on a bigger quest to try and be not in debt anymore, where she will face even greater hardships, which will harden and strengthen her into an even greater badass.

The Road To Awesome Is Paved With Blood, Suffering and Determination.

Cikomyr
2015-05-03, 08:33 PM
I read through it a few years ago, and found it bloody depressing yet hilarious.

Does it get better..?

Lord Raziere
2015-05-03, 08:37 PM
I read through it a few years ago, and found it bloody depressing yet hilarious.
Does it get better..?

In the latest flash update, Katia took out a demon with a fire punch like a badass after spouting a bad pun at it and shooting lots of fireballs while her pessimistic partner ran away and locked Katia inside.

does that answer your question? because I don't know when you stopped reading.

Cikomyr
2015-05-03, 09:24 PM
In the latest flash update, Katia took out a demon with a fire punch like a badass after spouting a bad pun at it and shooting lots of fireballs while her pessimistic partner ran away and locked Katia inside.

does that answer your question? because I don't know when you stopped reading.

Hmm..

Wizard Guild of Klatch. After actually gaining some ground, EVERYTHING collapsed under her.once again.

Lord Raziere
2015-05-03, 09:33 PM
Hmm..

Wizard Guild of Klatch. After actually gaining some ground, EVERYTHING collapsed under her.once again.

oh.....you mean Kvatch. oh yeah. we're still in Kvatch, but it sounds like your missing a very VERY important update. you haven't gotten to the elf ghost haven't you? yeah get to him, and it starts getting awesome, seriously, elf ghost, named Aggy, get to him and don't stop until he leaves, and you'll see what I mean.

Fralex
2015-05-05, 12:12 PM
The beginning of Prequel is perhaps a little too discouraging, but if you don't give up on Katia, if you just hold out hope that things can still get better for her, it's well worth it. At this point I think it's surpassed Homestuck in terms of finding creative uses for the webcomic medium. Ch'marr is a wizard.

Yuki Akuma
2015-05-05, 12:23 PM
I'm sort of hoping once Prequel ends with Katie in jail with nothing (because it's pretty clear she's gonna be the Champion of Cyrodil), the story continues into a retelling of the plot of Oblivion.

Mainly because that'd be rad. :|

Ibrinar
2015-05-05, 02:25 PM
I'm sort of hoping once Prequel ends with Katie in jail with nothing (because it's pretty clear she's gonna be the Champion of Cyrodil), the story continues into a retelling of the plot of Oblivion.

Mainly because that'd be rad. :|

That would be nice yes. But I'm fine as long as it doesn't end with her in jail with nothing and then the reveal that the real hero is in the next cell.

Squark
2015-05-05, 02:28 PM
Hmm..

Yeah, Kvatch was a low point for her. But it wasn't quite as low as it seemed- Did you get to this (http://www.prequeladventure.com/2012/06/2058/) update?

Cikomyr
2015-05-06, 06:59 AM
All right, all caught up!

Man, this story takes forever..

Anyway. Its still a damn good story. Agreed that Aggy made things a lit better. Agreed that her recent badassery was really impressive.

Still think she will be thousand of septims indebted for destroying half of the store's inventory, unless she fast-talk the owner into putting the blame on the MegaImp.

Spojaz
2015-05-08, 01:45 PM
Oh man. That last line of the new (May 8) comic. I was blindsided.
At least Katia gets to learn that when Life closes a door, Magic opens a window.

Fralex
2015-05-08, 04:36 PM
Still think she will be thousand of septims indebted for destroying half of the store's inventory, unless she fast-talk the owner into putting the blame on the MegaImp.

No, no, she needs to put all the blame on Rajirra! The imp can't be indebted now!

It's totally her fault, anyway, that the inventory got destroyed. Kat had no choice but to fight.

Cikomyr
2015-05-08, 04:41 PM
No, no, she needs to put all the blame on Rajirra! The imp can't be indebted now!

It's totally her fault, anyway, that the inventory got destroyed. Kat had no choice but to fight.

Good point.

She was locked in. She had no escape means, therefore she had no choice but to fight.

Fralex
2015-05-19, 02:01 AM
Update! Ordinary doors continue to thwart the girl who recently decapitated a huge monster.

guttering flame
2015-05-19, 07:06 AM
The usual solution for this sort of problem is: Walk through wall. It's never as secure as the door and windows.

Cikomyr
2015-05-19, 07:15 AM
She doesnt want to damage the building more than she had to

DomaDoma
2015-05-24, 01:57 PM
This entire genre of webcomics is based on text adventures, so ridiculous straining against mundane obstacles is pretty much par for the course. At least we're past the point where the railroading is "sorry, but you are far too pathetic to summon the willpower to do that." I legitimately gave up on the comic for months after the second blackout scene. And it does beat the crap out of some of the railroading in the actual game (like, during Allies for Bruma, I decided Ocato was in no way to be trusted unless you count the fact that he's highly unlikely to ever give up his possessions, and you probably know how that went the next time I was told to see him.)

Cikomyr
2015-06-07, 10:49 PM
So.. Hum..

Pretty long since an update, eh?

Lord Raziere
2015-06-08, 12:46 AM
So.. Hum..

Pretty long since an update, eh?

Oh no, this is pretty normal for Prequel. I advise you to find some more faster-updating fare, if your waiting for this to update, you'll be here for quite a while.

Ibrinar
2015-06-08, 08:18 AM
And update (really if you don't have one get an rss reader it's much better for thingss that don't have a regular schedule)
Well that went surprisingly well. Those reasonable people with their reasonable ideas about communication instead of convoluted plans, geez.

Cikomyr
2015-06-08, 11:31 AM
That invisibility cloak seems like a terrible and fantastic idea...

Winterwind
2015-06-08, 02:13 PM
So, so very glad to see that Katia is being treated fairly for once. :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2015-06-08, 02:58 PM
So, so very glad to see that Katia is being treated fairly for once. :smallsmile:

Yes, yes it is. :smallsmile:

I wonder how long it will last.

Lost Demiurge
2015-06-08, 03:55 PM
Wow. Yeah, I'm liking the shopkeeper.

Katia's come a long way, too. She managed to get through that conversation without shooting herself in the foot.

Spojaz
2015-06-09, 02:54 PM
The secondary ability for that invisibility cloak is also going to really speed up the time it takes to draw a couple of updates.

Fralex
2015-06-09, 05:10 PM
For those wondering what the split-second frame was...
http://www.prequeladventure.com/this/Enchanter.png

Fralex
2015-06-30, 07:30 PM
Kaz said he used to read Order of the Stick and that he likes to stop by threads that talk about his comic, so I emailed him about this one. Let's see what happens!

Kazerad
2015-07-01, 01:28 AM
Kaz said he used to read Order of the Stick and that he likes to stop by threads that talk about his comic, so I emailed him about this one. Let's see what happens!

I already keep an eye on this thread whenever I update! It's pretty inactive otherwise though (which I guess is mostly my fault, since I'm not exactly the Speed Racer of updates lately).

Yuki Akuma
2015-07-01, 10:53 AM
For those wondering what the split-second frame was...
http://www.prequeladventure.com/this/Enchanter.png

Enchanter Argonian is adorable. And I don't usually think reptiles are cute.

Spojaz
2015-07-01, 12:55 PM
I already keep an eye on this thread whenever I update!
I just love the stick-ified Quill-Weave avatar.
Why did we summon Kazerad again? Making a Daedric deal for something, or just Leveling our Conjuration?:smallwink:

Lizard Lord
2015-07-02, 06:42 AM
Is the website down for anyone else? :smallconfused:

Kazerad
2015-07-02, 12:55 PM
Thanks! I made it just for the occasion.

Is the website down for anyone else? :smallconfused:
If you don't mind me asking, are you in Europe? I've periodically been having problems with, like, one German ISP inexplicably blocking Hostgator sites, and I haven't entirely figured out why this is happening or whose fault it is. Apparently a small minority of people have a lot of trouble getting to the site, though, and most of them are in roughly the same geographical area. If your own experience corroborates this, it'd help narrow things down a bit.

Fralex
2015-07-02, 08:21 PM
Enchanter Argonian is adorable. And I don't usually think reptiles are cute.

Have you seen the fanart (http://www.prequeladventure.com/fanartbooru/post/list/Traveling_Enchanter/1) of him on the website?

Why did we summon Kazerad again? Making a Daedric deal for something, or just Leveling our Conjuration?:smallwink:

Um, he has to grant us three wishes now? Or show us where he hid his treasure? I don't know, I'd seen this happen before on other sites and wanted to make it happen on a forum I actually go to.

Oh! I thought of a question. Kazerad, how will you decide on a new outfit now that we don't vote on a forum anymore? Is it just based on comments in the fanart section or something?

Yuki Akuma
2015-07-02, 08:27 PM
Obviously she will embrace the Way of the Hussie and stop taking direct fan input at all, and instead divine the collective will of her fanbase by obsessively reading forum comments.

Or. He. I dunno. Pronouns are hard.

Fralex
2015-07-03, 12:17 AM
Obviously she will embrace the Way of the Hussie and stop taking direct fan input at all, and instead divine the collective will of her fanbase by obsessively reading forum comments.

Or. He. I dunno. Pronouns are hard.

It's interesting how many people I see assuming Kazerad is female. I actually thought that, too, for a bit. Do we just assume authors are the same gender as their main characters? I wonder how common that is.

Lizard Lord
2015-07-03, 01:32 AM
If you don't mind me asking, are you in Europe? I've periodically been having problems with, like, one German ISP inexplicably blocking Hostgator sites, and I haven't entirely figured out why this is happening or whose fault it is. Apparently a small minority of people have a lot of trouble getting to the site, though, and most of them are in roughly the same geographical area. If your own experience corroborates this, it'd help narrow things down a bit.

Nope. I'm in Wisconsin.

The only other info I can think to give you is that I'm using Chrome as my browser.

Kazerad
2015-07-03, 07:10 AM
Oh! I thought of a question. Kazerad, how will you decide on a new outfit now that we don't vote on a forum anymore? Is it just based on comments in the fanart section or something?

I'm just going to choose one I think works, although I've been keeping an eye on what different communities were saying about the different submissions. At this point I think I know what I'm going with, since there were two designs in particular that seemed to get a pretty positive reception and they combine well. Hopefully, the reader response to my choice will be closer to "yess! That's exactly what I was hoping" than "oh god why did you do that".

It's interesting how many people I see assuming Kazerad is female. I actually thought that, too, for a bit. Do we just assume authors are the same gender as their main characters? I wonder how common that is.

I don't know; as a counterpoint to that, I can think of a lot of stories with female main characters that are very, very definitely written by male authors and people reading it rarely assume otherwise. My personal feelings are that there are simply a number of subtle writing cues we pick up on to try and infer the gender identity of authors. Since Prequel is mostly narrated by a female character, I try to avoid any cues that would really mark the writing as coming from a male author. If people can read it and assume I am female, I guess I take it as kind of a compliment?

It's not like my gender is a huge secret though. My full name is pretty easy-to-find, and if you go to the Updates page on the Christmas fundraiser (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/operation-de-suckify-christmas#/updates) there are some videos of me.

Nope. I'm in Wisconsin.

The only other info I can think to give you is that I'm using Chrome as my browser.This only makes it more mysterious! Is the problem still there? I might go searching for some other people in the same area to see if this one is geography-related too.

Lizard Lord
2015-07-04, 09:25 AM
This only makes it more mysterious! Is the problem still there? I might go searching for some other people in the same area to see if this one is geography-related too.

Yea, its still there.

Lizard Lord
2015-07-09, 01:53 AM
Okay, it is working now.

DomaDoma
2015-07-15, 09:55 PM

Depends on the characters. Like, Agatha Heterodyne, plot-driven hero that she is, could easily be written by a man or a woman (in fact, I actually forget which Foglio goes where). It's when the philosophy of life starts getting a little personally specific that you start wondering. Like, if I didn't know the guy's name, I would be 100% convinced that Winston Rowntree was a working-class woman who'd held way too many table-waiting jobs. And as for Prequel, the breezy sense of humor also seems a bit feminine. Not sure why.

Winterwind
2015-07-19, 03:31 AM
New update!

I disagree with the shopkeeper, "Festive Holiday Disaster" is a pretty amazing (and rather descriptive) name for this magic cloak. :smalltongue:

The new outfit, in spite of being in festive holiday disaster colour scheme, looks decent and suitably sneaky without being boring-dark (always a risk with thieves' outfits); my only complaint would be that Katia's legs look kinda weird to me, at least in that one image (not fully sure why, but I think the problem is that they look too parallel, instead of moving closer the further up it goes, and don't change in thickness, either. Her previous outfits hid all those things. Maybe if the dark part of her pants was wider than the lighter coloured one, that might look better?)

Also, Katia continues to be super-adorable in her social awkwardness. :smallbiggrin:

Fralex
2015-07-19, 05:51 AM
Fun fact! When Katia takes off the hood, looking closely at her eyes right before she goes blind is light-to-moderately disturbing!

Winterwind
2015-07-19, 10:23 AM
Fun fact! When Katia takes off the hood, looking closely at her eyes right before she goes blind is light-to-moderately disturbing!...it steals the pupils? D:

Okay, I think I'm with the shop keeper now - mages are freakin' weird. :smalltongue:

Cikomyr
2015-07-19, 10:33 AM
...it steals the pupils? D:

Okay, I think I'm with the shop keeper now - mages are freakin' weird. :smalltongue:

... MAGES ARE PC

Magethought is metatought or, if you prefer, player-thought. You try to twist something on all angle possible to understand and exploit it.

Domochevsky
2015-07-19, 01:25 PM
...is there a special reason their site tells me the following? :smallconfused:

"Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

What is not acceptable? Is the update so hot that their host security bot decided to take it down? :smalltongue:

Kazerad
2015-07-21, 01:49 AM
Okay, it is working now.
...is there a special reason their site tells me the following? :smallconfused:

"Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

What is not acceptable? Is the update so hot that their host security bot decided to take it down? :smalltongue:

Both of these are distressing! The first because it resolved itself even though I didn't do anything, and the second because I can't find anyone else with the problem :smallfrown:. Even worse, it's a documented problem that can arise with Wordpress, and if it's affecting one person it should be affecting all of them.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether I am bad at websites, or if there is simply a certain readerbase size at which someone is always encountering an error no matter what.

Domochevsky
2015-07-21, 05:30 AM
Both of these are distressing! The first because it resolved itself even though I didn't do anything, and the second because I can't find anyone else with the problem :smallfrown:. Even worse, it's a documented problem that can arise with Wordpress, and if it's affecting one person it should be affecting all of them.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether I am bad at websites, or if there is simply a certain readerbase size at which someone is always encountering an error no matter what.

I think I've got a besser idea of why this is happening now, for what that's worth. I did some experimenting, and it seems to be user agent related.

" " <- allowed
"Mozilla/5.0" <- denied
"Mozilla/5.0 Gecko" <- allowed
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:25.5)" <- allowed
"Firefox/31.9" <- allowed

Maybe it's confusing me with a bot of sorts if I have my user agent set to just plain Mozilla?

DomaDoma
2015-07-21, 07:40 PM
So... is this the first time a command box has cited a cat pun that just flat-out had no impact whatsoever, or have I not been paying close enough attention since Aggy showed up?

Lizard Lord
2015-07-22, 04:04 AM
So... is this the first time a command box has cited a cat pun that just flat-out had no impact whatsoever, or have I not been paying close enough attention since Aggy showed up?

I believe Katia has finally gotten over the cat puns. (BTW, did she really never realize that her new name is a cat pun? I don't remember it being mentioned but given that she chose that name AND hates cat puns, you would think it would have came up.)

DomaDoma
2015-08-01, 05:45 PM
New update!

Cikomyr
2015-08-02, 06:15 PM
All in all, pretty good outcome of everything :)

Which means Karmic Destiny will hit us badly soon enough.

Balmas
2015-08-02, 06:25 PM
Man, binge-reading four years' worth of comics in a twenty-four hour period is an exhausting--and very satisfying--task. :smallbiggrin:

Fralex
2015-08-03, 07:27 PM
Aww... our little khajiit is growing up!

Fralex
2015-10-31, 08:27 PM
Well, that took a while, but there are four new updates!
1) => (http://www.prequeladventure.com/2015/10/3834/), which has pictures but no flash just yet
2) Prequel: Precede (http://www.prequeladventure.com/prequel-precede/), which is a complete side story that is the prequel to Prequel.
3) Dodger: Break the Law (http://www.prequeladventure.com/dodger-break-the-law/), an ongoing side story about a young Argonian that will update continuously as more money is pumped into
4) An IndieGoGo campaign (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/katia-managan-merchandise#/) for Prequel mercandise!

So much excitement! Happy Tales and Tallows!

EDIT: Wow, there was a LOT more to that Prequel prequel than meets the eye. Specifically, the dream sequences.
For the first dream, get as far to the front of the ship as you can while on deck.
When you reach the deck, go to the back of the ship and wait for the spirit to approach. Before it has a clear path to you, right as it's about to join you on the upper level, run down the opposite stairs and get to the front of the ship as fast as possible. Approach the cloaked figure for the alternate ending (trypophobia warning).For the second dream, you won't get anywhere unless Katia has thouroughly explored the ship. Otherwise she won't have the right memories.You need to examine four things before sleeping: the dumbwaiter in the kitchen, the chest of wands in the north side of the cargo hold, the crate of Dwemer (dwarf) artifacts in the southern side of the cargo hold, and the crate of measuring weights, also in the southern side.
During the dream sequence, examine the door to the east, then gather the artifacts, wands, and weights from the containers before the water level gets too high. Then use them on the east door and crawl through the dumbwaiter once you enter the other room.

guttering flame
2015-11-02, 06:57 AM
Game spoilers:

It sounds like the first dream has a solution as well if you find silver or magical objects

Fralex
2015-11-02, 07:08 PM
Game spoilers:

It sounds like the first dream has a solution as well if you find silver or magical objects

That's not how spoiler tags work! >:
Also, wow, really? Were you able to defeat it?
I remember looking all over for a silver or magical weapon, but the only one I knew of is the one the creature steals from the rooms and murders everyone with.

PhantomFox
2015-11-05, 12:00 PM
Just finished archive binging this. I like it getting used to the update schedule will take a while. Perhaps I'll reread some of the stuff I skimmed regarding dithering about trying to get to a decision. Story is nice but the emotional roller coaster is rather hillier than I'm used to. But progress is progress no matter the setbacks.

guttering flame
2015-11-05, 03:06 PM
That's not how spoiler tags work! >:
Also, wow, really? Were you able to defeat it?
I remember looking all over for a silver or magical weapon, but the only one I knew of is the one the creature steals from the rooms and murders everyone with.

I didn't implement it, no. The fire-wand chest is locked in the dream. There's also silver in the crates near the fire-wand but I couldn't access them either.

How far did you get in the second dream?

Fralex
2015-11-05, 04:23 PM
I didn't implement it, no. The fire-wand chest is locked in the dream. There's also silver in the crates near the fire-wand but I couldn't access them either.

How far did you get in the second dream?

I got out of the bottom floor before dying, saw a strange conversation take place, then the dream ended.

Fralex
2015-11-05, 04:50 PM
Just finished archive binging this. I like it getting used to the update schedule will take a while. Perhaps I'll reread some of the stuff I skimmed regarding dithering about trying to get to a decision. Story is nice but the emotional roller coaster is rather hillier than I'm used to. But progress is progress no matter the setbacks.

I remember Kazerad saying that Prequel is something of an experiment to learn where the real limits in storytelling actually lie. One question he wanted to answer was definitely "how hopeless can you make a story before a significant amount of your audience gives up on it?"
Another question was evidently, "can you convince new readers to stay even if you initially trick them into thinking it's actually about ponies (http://www.prequeladventure.com/this/shhsecrets/page1.html)?"

PhantomFox
2015-11-05, 05:59 PM
It's an interesting question, to say the least. It seems, judging by rereading this thread and the previous thread, is that as long as each trough is followed by a bigger peak than last time, then you can keep going. ... which gives me the feeling, that since she just had a moment of legitimate badass, AND the opportunity to cash in and complete her 'quest' completely and go back to Quill Weaver with her head high, that another crash is pending. We'll see. Each time she finds a new teacher, it makes it worth it. But you can't stay in the trough for too long, otherwise the light of hope begins to fade.

guttering flame
2015-11-06, 06:49 AM
I got out of the bottom floor before dying, saw a strange conversation take place, then the dream ended.

Is the gal on the telephone the dream goddess we see in the main comic? The third dream is different as well after the phonecall: Who is that starved dragon?

Fralex
2015-11-06, 08:17 PM
Is the gal on the telephone the dream goddess we see in the main comic? The third dream is different as well after the phonecall: Who is that starved dragon?

I believe Vaermina was also the weird, hole-covered thing Katia saw on the first night. I bet she's investigating something related to what Gaius Atrum told her a month ago about the cultist dreams. The entity on the other end of the phone sounds like Hermeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of knowledge and fate. His personal realm is a giant library of forbidden knowledge.

As for the dragon-thing, that is probably Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. He is the cheif deity in the Nine Divines pantheon and is innately connected to the ruling bloodline of the Cyrodiilic Empire. As long as an heir is wearing the Amulet of Kings, he'll be able to keep the Daeda in their home plane of Oblivion. In a few days, the king of Cyrodiil will be murdered along with his three heirs, triggering the opening of the gates to Oblivion. In the climax of Oblivion, the hero will locate a fourth, previously unknown heir (a priest that Katia met in Kvatch and was mysteriously terrified of). He will sacrifice himself to become Akatosh's avatar, a golden, fiery dragon, and close the gates to Oblivion.

Fralex
2015-11-17, 09:39 AM
Dodger: Break the Law is getting pretty intense!

Spojaz
2015-11-19, 12:10 PM
Someday, with luck, you might even find a way to translate your name that obscures its actual meaning of “Porcupine Dodger”. Your nameday ceremony went weird.

Dodger is Quill-Weave. Of course she is. I guess that means she survives her encounter with Boarbread.

Fralex
2015-12-29, 05:07 AM
Did anyone else order something on the IndieGoGo mercandise run (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/katia-managan-merchandise#/story)? The campaign descriptions were so entertaining I had to get a tote bag.

Spojaz
2015-12-29, 02:02 PM
I got the totebag one too. Only 78 out of 960 people (~8%) chose that option, so if anybody else from GITP forums got it, it might be statistically interesting. Maybe we just hate tee shirts but love webcomics.

Fralex
2015-12-30, 03:20 PM
I got the totebag one too. Only 78 out of 960 people (~8%) chose that option, so if anybody else from GITP forums got it, it might be statistically interesting. Maybe we just hate tee shirts but love webcomics.

I was initially going to get the Scale tapestry (or maybe it's just a blanket you hang up as one), but then realized a tote bag had better chances of ending up in places where lots of people would see it and maybe some would recognize it. I'd've gotten a T-shirt, but it cost more. Also, I own T-shirts already, but I've never had a tote bag.

EDIT: Why on Earth did Kaz not make a Fruity Tote?!

RCgothic
2016-01-05, 02:40 AM
Is there any sign of life in this comic? I just finished an archive binge, but I'm quite dismayed by the time since the last update.

Lord Raziere
2016-01-05, 03:08 AM
Is there any sign of life in this comic? I just finished an archive binge, but I'm quite dismayed by the time since the last update.

oh no, this is perfectly normal. I'm actually kind of annoyed that you gave me a false alarm about its flash update.

RCgothic
2016-01-05, 05:18 AM
It's taking a while because there's going to be a flash update? Are those a big deal? Because they don't work for me (Android). All I get are the bits in the summaries.

Spojaz
2016-01-05, 10:18 AM
It's taking a while because there's going to be a flash update? Are those a big deal?

Yeah, we get a pretty good video game instead of several dozen panels. The most recent one (http://www.prequeladventure.com/prequel-precede/) was big enough that it took me a half hour to play through, and I didn't find all the secrets. I suggest you find a way to play them. They good.

Unfortunately, the time it is taking to get more pages is extremely normal for this comic (welcome to purrgatory) especially with the added delay this time from ordering and shipping the precious mercandise (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/katia-managan-merchandise#/story). We also have two new side stories since the last page, so current page frequency is rather better than it looks right now.

Fralex
2016-02-02, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I'm working on a fan-reading with some people online, and although the progress is slow, I'm curious how long it'll take to catch up to Kazerad once we get going.