PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Master

Talya
2007-04-17, 09:02 AM
Anyone know why this PrC did not get converted from Sword and Fist over to 3.5? I played around with it in NWN and loved it for its crititcal focusing...of course, in 3.0 you could stack weapon master with keen and improved crit feats to end up with a 9-20 crit threat range on a scimitar or rapier.

Zincorium
2007-04-17, 09:20 AM
I'd definitely suggest hopping over to WotC's site and checking out the Mind's Eye series of articles for the Psionic Weapon Master.

Basically, you start with a whole lot of ranks in psychic warrior (you need third level powers to get in, and a bunch of feats. It's not a 6th level on up type of PrC) and add all the nifty things that the 3.0 weapon master got, although some are tweaked a bit, and the ability to give your weapon, which must be made of crystal, a good enhancement bonus on the way up. And you get at least partial progression of psychic warrior powers.

If you don't like psionics, I dunno what to tell you except all 3.0 content not updated elsewhere is still valid for 3.5, you just need to alter things that did change between the two (like keen and improved critical stacking) and you're good to go. It is much harder to get DM's to approve it.

Ramza00
2007-04-17, 12:27 PM
Exotic Weapon Master replaced Weapon Master in 3.5 even though they are nothing alike.

As a DM I would say phooy and allow you to use the 3.0 version (besides not allowing you to stack keen and improved crit anymore)

Fax Celestis
2007-04-17, 12:37 PM
Weaponmaster didn't get updated because it was Teh Borkenz.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-17, 12:41 PM
Exotic Weapon Master replaced Weapon Master in 3.5 even though they are nothing alike.

As a DM I would say phooy and allow you to use the 3.0 version (besides not allowing you to stack keen and improved crit anymore)
Hey, that's a default. See the "Why a Revision?" sidebar in the core books. It's page 4 of the PH and DMG and page 6 of the MM. 3.5 is like 95% backwards compatible with 3.0.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-17, 12:42 PM

No. Complete Warrior's Exotic Weaponmaster replaced the 3.0 Sword and Fist Exotic Weaponmaster. Complete Warrior's Kensei replaced Weapon Master as Weapon Master was called Kensei in Oriental Adventures. You're right about them being nothing alike though.

The Weaponmaster's Ki Critical should still stack with keen and improved critical, just not both at the same time.

Ramza00
2007-04-17, 12:46 PM
No. Complete Warrior's Exotic Weaponmaster replaced the 3.0 Sword and Fist Exotic Weaponmaster. Complete Warrior's Kensei replaced Weapon Master as Weapon Master was called Kensei in Oriental Adventures. You're right about them being nothing alike though.

The Weaponmaster's Ki Critical should still stack with keen and improved critical, just not both at the same time.
Details, details :smallyuk::smallwink: