PDA

View Full Version : Spells that add to melee/ranged damage

ZhanStrider
2015-04-29, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm running a a Swordsage2/Sorc4/Jade Pheonix 2
And I'm trying to get my One Hit Damage up.
Assassins stance+Arcane Wrath+Fan the Flames is around 39 damage on average. Are there any spells I can cast a round before to get it higher?

HunterOfJello
2015-04-29, 05:38 PM
Blade of Blood (PHBII) (Sorc/Wiz 1) lasts 1rnd/lvl and does +1d6 (or +3d6 if you sacrifice 5hp when casting it) on a single attack.

Burning Sword (SC) (Sorc/Wiz 2) lasts 1min/lvl and does +1d6 fire and scaling damage on crits.

Dolorous Blow (SC) (Sorc/Wiz 3) doubles a weapon's crit range for 1min/lvl.

Infernal Wound (SC) (Sorc/Wiz 2) lasts 1rnd/lvl and does a sort of bleeding damage of 2 hp per round to enemies hit by the weapon for the duration of the spell. (Note: no stacking)

Sonic Weapon (SC) (Sorc/Wiz 2) lasts 1min/lvl and does an extra +1d6 sonic damage.

My personal favorite of those is Blade of Blood, especially since it can be obtained by Favored Souls, is only a 1st level spell, and has the optional scaling choice.

DarkSonic1337
2015-04-29, 10:41 PM
Ferocity of Sanguine Rage is a pretty fun one. Add 1/2 your caster level to melee damage rolls for 1 round/level, and can expend it for true strike on one attack. And it's persistable! (with metamagic reducers/free persist of course, being a 3rd level spell).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-29, 11:11 PM
Greater Mighty Wallop in Races of the Dragon increases the base damage of a bludgeoning weapon by several sizes.

Rebel7284
2015-04-29, 11:41 PM
Heroics to grant yourself Power Attack, and then use Wraithstrike to make touch attacks.

Actually, wait, how does your weapon damage matter when you are using Fan the Flames? That's locked at 6d6...

paranoidbox
2015-04-30, 03:16 AM
Arcane Strike, though not a spell as requested, but you use a spell for it :-)

Also, though generally not very good, the Smiting Spell metamagic feat might help.

Hiro Quester
2015-04-30, 07:27 AM
Energy Vulnerability. Sorc/wiz 3 in PHBII. Makes a number of creatures with a total HD equal to twice your caster level vulnerable to an energy type you choose.

Cast this on your target and choose fire damage, to increase the Fan the Flames damage to 1.5x6d6.

ZhanStrider
2015-04-30, 04:05 PM
Heroics to grant yourself Power Attack, and then use Wraithstrike to make touch attacks.

Actually, wait, how does your weapon damage matter when you are using Fan the Flames? That's locked at 6d6...

That was mostly an example. I did not include weapon damage in that. (Heroics is a GREAT spell)