PDA

View Full Version : Dragon ash uses

keeper2161
2015-04-29, 04:36 PM
So we are playing the rise of tiamat campaign and I disintegrated a adult white dragon. Are there any uses to the ash/dust left behind?

Yagyujubei
2015-04-29, 04:50 PM
So we are playing the rise of tiamat campaign and I disintegrated a adult white dragon. Are there any uses to the ash/dust left behind?

if I where the DM, and someone had raise corpse or animate dead, I would allow you to animate a low CR dragon (probably a undead dragonling) once or a couple times by using the ashes as a catalyst.

or maybe you could make a potion or ointment that gave you resistance to to the dragons element, or a coating to add that element to your weapon for a time.

stuff like that.

Shining Wrath
2015-04-29, 04:53 PM
By canonical RAW, none that I'm aware of.
By DM fiat involving the crafting of magical items ... talk to your DM, but I'd be tempted to say you could make arrows of dragon slaying and the like with that as an ingredient.

And an ancient ritual known only to someone some distance away who would want you to do him a favor first, of course.

LordVonDerp
2015-04-29, 08:14 PM

Turn it into high octane fuel.

Inevitability
2015-04-30, 02:16 PM
I'd allow players to use it in the creation of magic items, or even enhance currently existing items with it.

You can also resurrect the dragon, imprison it, and become every alchemist's source of dragon blood.

Kerilstrasz
2015-04-30, 03:12 PM
Add the ash , as a special material to a spell, for extra effect or 1 step up if it scales with level.
if it was a red dragon , for example, a picnh of this ash as extra component could affect the power of fire spells (but do nothing for other kinds of spells)
you get the idea.. right?

IF your Dm permits it..

i mean how many times you could come by dragon ash? lets say it also needs some refining, so a medium dragon can give 2 uses.. add 2 more uses for each size up

Gritmonger
2015-04-30, 03:30 PM
Mix it in with some clay, or with some glaze as well - make a talisman or two that might provide protection from cold.

Mix it again, make a small sculpture of a dragon, glaze it white, enchant it as a figurine of wondrous power re-skin of the silver raven as a terracotta miniature dragon.

Safety Sword
2015-04-30, 08:36 PM
Put the ashes in an urn and have many comedic encounters where you drop it, put it in people's food accidentally etc....

EvanescentHero
2015-04-30, 09:23 PM
As a DM, I would definitely turn this into a quest item of some sort. Maybe you could use it to enhance your weapon with cold powers, or your armor with cold resistance. Or perhaps you could compress it into a jewel of some sort containing the soul of the dead dragon, and it would help or hinder in some way. I hope your DM lets you do something cool with it. Collecting the ashes is something not everyone would do and makes for an interesting gameplay and story opportunity, and interesting opportunities should always be rewarded.

ImSAMazing
2015-05-01, 05:27 AM
I would say: a wizard(artificer) can use the dragon ash to enhance a magic item with it, by giving it a dragonic boost.