View Full Version : WoD About Highlanders.

Yael
2015-04-29, 04:53 PM
I just got a copy from a friend of the Immortal: The Quickening 20th aniversary edition, which updates Highlander to the World of Darkness (before nWoD I think), and I gave it a read.

Got, dayum, they are really beyond normal standards. Sure, they still are human-like beings, but their statistics scale really hard, and their abilities (especially their healing rate) also their immunities and the addition of Dark Quickening (which is literally ten times worth a normal dot in Quickening) give them even more power and versitality because of their capability of absorbing "Dark Quickening" from supernatural creatures.

Also, their Age background and availability to take backgrounds from systems like Mage (Arcana, Dream, Library, etc) lets them start far beyond their teammates if playing a World of Darkness campaign.

What are your thoughts about this dudes? I know that they have enough restrictions and rules (two) about being Immortal and the stuff about the Gathering and all, but in a straight World of Darkness game (with mixed creatures) are they overpowered?

Hopeless
2015-04-30, 02:50 AM
About a decade ago played in a game using those rules, I think I was the only one running an Immortal whilst the others played mortals.

I used the Highlander movie and tv series as inspiration unfortunately the person running the game didn't have a clue so we had an immortal trying to attack another (my character) outside a Essex school with the others witnessing it and the characters included a police superintendent.

I tried to act in character by trying to spare the foe's life since witnesses after all, but I get the impression unless whoever is running this game actually understands what's involved in a Highlander the Immortal game you're going to lose interest if you're actually conversant enough with the series to realise it isn't a glorified homicidal hobo game!

Sorry I'd actually like to see this run properly its just that my one encounter left me more inclined to run it myself if I ever wanted to run anything like this (I include Exalted in that comment and I really need more experience at running that system!)!

Hope you fare better than me!