PDA

View Full Version : My World Æl-Ceald, the Eternal Cold updated!

EisenKreutzer
2015-04-29, 10:55 PM
I have been working on this on and off for some time now, and it's grown.

So, here is an updated and improved version of Æl-Ceald (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwY90NRa3ACbYm81LVM3Vm1PRDg/view?usp=sharing), an ice-age campaign setting in a world griped by eternal winter!

I would love input and comments!

A word of warning: This document is ment for my own personal use, and so there is some material in it from published material owned by two other parties that I just fell in love with and had to add. I claim no ownership over those parts! So if you see something that seems like it was lifted wholesale from another source, then it is. Particularly there is some material that borrows from Cerulean Seas by Alluria Publishing, and the shadow fey are borrowed from Kobold Press' excellent Midgard Campaign Setting. I just had to use it. I have put my own spin on things, but I can't take credit for them.

Vonwalt
2015-04-30, 01:50 AM
Very early thoughts:
I love the concept; always been a big fan of cold stuff and the setting is very cool.
I hope that you can find ways to inject some of this background lore into your games; I love writing stuff like this, but a lot of what you have in your history section is not super relevant in game except as reasons why there are dungeons and ruins.
A pronunciation guide would be radical! not all of us are fluent in Old Norse.

Overall, I like it a lot.

EisenKreutzer
2015-04-30, 09:16 AM
The lore will be central to the campaign I am planning, which deals with the return of the evil dragons and the rise of the Lords of Darkness.

A ponounciation guide I could do, actually. I'll try, anyway. :)

Thank you for taking the time to look at this! These kind of threads rarely get more than a few replies, so it's cool to know when someone has actually read the materia and provide feedback.

EisenKreutzer
2015-05-06, 03:13 PM
As promised, a pronounciation guide:

Æl-Ceald - AL-keh-AALD (Al, like the name, aa is a long a)
Wintras - VIN-trahs
Bífylc - BEE-filk
Albaz - AHL-baaz
Dwergaz - dv-EHR-gaaz
Deuzán - DU-zahn
Dwolmalbaz - dvOLM-ahl-baaz
Orkaz - Ork-aaz
Manwaz - MAHN-vaaz
Maýdvaz - MAY-dvaaz
Meukaz -MEW-kaaz
Wíbhan - VEEB-haan
Ailegáz - AY-lee-gaaz

I'm sure there are more terms I've forgotten.